inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Weird Things That We Do...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/27/07 at 3:46 pm

So, what's any random weird thing that you do (something you know is weird about yourself or that others have told you of, lol)  ;D ?

I do this weird thing, where I strip my Reese's cup of all the chocolate and just eat the insides (peanut butter - mmmm)

Subject: Re: The Weird Things That We Do...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/27/07 at 4:09 pm

So, what's any random weird thing that you do (something you know is weird about yourself or that others have told of, lol)  ;D ?

I do this weird thing, where I strip my Reese's cup of all the chocolate and just eat the insides (peanut butter - mmmm)

I sort of do that eclairs. I lick the chocolate off first, then eat around the sides and try to save the filling for last.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 03/27/07 at 5:05 pm

I can make my throat sound exactly like a heartbeat.  Sometimes I've fooled doctors with it, and I've often annoyed some co-workers, classmates and teachers with it, but whenever I hear 'The Heart of Rock and Roll' by Huey Lewis, I can't help but sing along with the heartbeat sounds in it ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/27/07 at 5:41 pm

I can make my throat sound exactly like a heartbeat.  Sometimes I've fooled doctors with it, and I've often annoyed some co-workers, classmates and teachers with it, but whenever I hear 'The Heart of Rock and Roll' by Huey Lewis, I can't help but sing along with the heartbeat sounds in it ;D

That's crazy! You really need to make an audio sampling of that and let us hear it  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 03/27/07 at 5:49 pm

for the past 30 years I have a bologna and cheese sandwich for lunch. Before I eat the sandwich I
smash it, I mean flattened. People at work think I am performing CPR on the sandwich.  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/27/07 at 6:34 pm

for the passed 30 years I have a bologna and cheese sandwich for lunch. Before I eat the sandwich I
smash it, I mean flattened. People at work think I am performing CPR on the sandwich.  ;D

Have you really eaten the same thing for lunch for the past 30 years??  :o :o  Aren't you sick of bologna?  ;D
Do you use the one-handed or two-handed smash?  ;D

Hmmmm, weird things that I do???  I crack my neck.  Is that weird? 

Oh yeah, I dampen the tip of a Q-tip before I clean my ears, I guess that's weird.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/27/07 at 7:01 pm

Have you really eaten the same thing for lunch for the past 30 years??  :o :o  Aren't you sick of bologna?  ;D
Do you use the one-handed or two-handed smash?  ;D

Yes I have, it's been at least 30 years and I will never get sick of bologna. I use a two handed smash. one hand
on top the other.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/27/07 at 8:11 pm

I'll drink a hot cup of coffee rapidly, 3 minutes or less.  My husband asks me how can I guzzle it that fast, and says I must have a steel-lined esophagus (sp?) ;D

Of course if it's not hot enough, it goes into the microwave, until it's heated up to "guzzling temperature"  ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 03/27/07 at 8:13 pm

I often say my inner thoughts out loud at times.

Which makes people wonder if I'm talking to myself.....

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/27/07 at 8:15 pm

I used to like eating rice with vinegar poured over it when I had the flu/cold.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/27/07 at 8:15 pm

Before I use my credit card I always wipe the magnetic strip on my sleeve or pant leg.  I have no idea why, maybe it goes back to my days working in the credit card dept. of a bank.  If the strip is dirty it might not work.

Yes I have, it's been at least 30 years and I will never get sick of bologna. I use a two handed smash. one hand
on top the other.

In first grade I ate olive loaf every single day...I haven't had it since.  

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/27/07 at 8:18 pm

Before I use my credit card I always wipe the magnetic strip on my sleeve or pant leg.  I have no idea why, maybe it goes back to my days working in the credit card dept. of a bank.  If the strip is dirty it might not work.

That could be true. I tend to do that, too. I like to have my credit cards smudge free. I don't like them to look grimey.

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/27/07 at 8:23 pm

on top the other.

Don't you ever go out for lunch?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/27/07 at 8:26 pm

for the passed 30 years I have a bologna and cheese sandwich for lunch. Before I eat the sandwich I
dang!! that must be some tasty bologna. I gotta have some. what brand of bologna is it Kevin?

Written By: whistledog on 03/27/07 at 8:26 pm

That's crazy! You really need to make an audio sampling of that and let us hear it  ;D

Warning! these might be a little creepy lol.  Using my throat to imitate a heart beating, here I am ...

Accapella

and

Heartbeating along with 'The Heart of Rock and Roll' by Huey Lewis

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/27/07 at 8:29 pm

Doe to the strength and flexibility of my feet, I can do the "Live Long & Prosper" sign with both hands AND both feet.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/27/07 at 8:36 pm

Don't you ever go out for lunch?

No, I don't like eating out.

dang!! that must be some tasty bologna. I gotta have some. what brand of bologna is it Kevin?

It doesn't matter so long as it's not packaged, I have to see it being sliced.  ;D

Written By: sweetie44 on 03/27/07 at 8:42 pm

i can vouch for that, i've been making them for the past 25 years. his son only eats ham and cheese, they don't eat
anything else. ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/27/07 at 9:26 pm

I crack my knuckles almost all of the time. ;D

Written By: KKay on 03/27/07 at 10:32 pm

i can't get my arm wet when reaching in to check on the temperature of the shower....despite the fact that i'll get totally wet once i'm in there.  if it gets wet, i'll dry off before getting in.

Written By: La Roche on 03/27/07 at 10:39 pm

I can't eat a sandwich the wrong way.

I have to eat all around the crusts. Then level off each end so it's perfectly square, then fold it in half and eat it in 3 bites or less.

If I'm standing around I start tapping.. I mean, like one would on a guitar.. with my fingers on my palms. Very weird in an Eddie Van Halen sort of way.

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/27/07 at 10:52 pm

I can't eat a sandwich the wrong way.

I have to eat all around the crusts. Then level off each end so it's perfectly square, then fold it in half and eat it in 3 bites or less.

If I'm standing around I start tapping.. I mean, like one would on a guitar.. with my fingers on my palms. Very weird in an Eddie Van Halen sort of way.

I often scrape my fingers with my nails as if I were strumming a guitar. I also do finger exercises in class to strengthen them for piano.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/27/07 at 10:58 pm

I have to wipe down the computer desk, keyboard, and mouse with an antibacterial wipe everytime before I use it.

I don't touch anything in a public bathroom with my bare hands, I use a paper towel (even to open the door)

I scrape off all of the toppings/sauce on my pizza...eat the dough...and then eat the toppings.

I clean off all of my silverware with my napkin, before using them (in a restaurant)

I won't drink out of a cup at a restaurant w/o a straw

I have been known to just throw away dish towels/etc...if I think they are too dirty to wash (I know..I'm very odd)

oh...and I eat chalk.

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/27/07 at 11:01 pm

I don't touch anything in a public bathroom with my bare hands, I use a paper towel (even to open the door)

oh...and I eat chalk.

That first one, I do too. I actually avoid washing my hands in public restrooms, because I think that I'd get more germs washing them, anyway.

As for the second.. I don't do that, but I thought you only did that once! D= Are you sure it's good for you!?

Written By: La Roche on 03/27/07 at 11:02 pm

I often scrape my fingers with my nails as if I were strumming a guitar. I also do finger exercises in class to strengthen them for piano.

If I could do anything more than shred noisily, it'd make sense.. but I can't.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/27/07 at 11:02 pm

That first one, I do too. I actually avoid washing my hands in public restrooms, because I think that I'd get more germs washing them, anyway.

As for the second.. I don't do that, but I thought you only did that once! D= Are you sure it's good for you!?

I dunno...it's good calcium...I suppose.  I have known people that eat chalk instead of using Tums. ???

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/27/07 at 11:05 pm

I dunno...it's good calcium...I suppose.  I have known people that eat chalk instead of using Tums. ???

Ha. That's very funny. I wonder what it's made out of.. I wonder what it tastes like... I'll have to try it next time I use some!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/28/07 at 1:47 am

It doesn't matter so long as it's not packaged, I have to see it being sliced.  ;D

real bologna? no wonder. I love that stuff but once I got some from the butcher and it was a little mushy, not firm enough. I'm an oscar mayer lite beef bologna fan, but now i wanna get some of the good stuff like you Kevin.

i can vouch for that, i've been making them for the past 25 years. his son only eats ham and cheese, they don't eat
anything else. ;D
what is the bread of choice for these tasty sandwiches that you've provided for so long  :)

...as for the weird things you do,  I've got this muscle on my arm that is like on top of my elbow, between my forearm and bicep that I can flex and it bulges like a little volcano and it's a trip, just my right arm

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/28/07 at 4:56 am

I saw more postings, and it got me to thinking....

In addition to the "Spock Hands & Feet":

-I can't wake up fully, without reading a book with fewer than 350 pgs. in it.
(I am a speed-reader)

-When reading, I see the entire page at the same time, not just a few sentences.

-I tend to extend my tongue to my chin, on giant yawns.

-In order to walk comfortably most mornings, my toes must be popped before starting any sort of physical terapy.

Written By: KKay on 03/28/07 at 6:43 am

I have to wipe down the computer desk, keyboard, and mouse with an antibacterial wipe everytime before I use it.

I scrape off all of the toppings/sauce on my pizza...eat the dough...and then eat the toppings.

I clean off all of my silverware with my napkin, before using them (in a restaurant)

I won't drink out of a cup at a restaurant w/o a straw

I have been known to just throw away dish towels/etc...if I think they are too dirty to wash (I know..I'm very odd)

oh...and I eat chalk.

all those things are probably good. i have no regard for germs.  i bathe with my dog, i eat what i drop, i do not blink at the thought.

it will save your life i bet.

Written By: karen on 03/28/07 at 6:43 am

-I tend to extend my tongue to my chin, on giant yawns.

Were you a dog in a former life?

Written By: karen on 03/28/07 at 6:46 am

i can't get my arm wet when reaching in to check on the temperature of the shower....despite the fact that i'll get totally wet once i'm in there.  if it gets wet, i'll dry off before getting in.

Me too.  Also checking the temperature of the water before washing my sons face.  I put my hand in to check the water then dry my hand, get his flannel and put my hand back in the water to get the flannel out.

Written By: Paul on 03/28/07 at 7:03 am

I'll drink a hot cup of coffee rapidly, 3 minutes or less.  My husband asks me how can I guzzle it that fast, and says I must have a steel-lined esophagus (sp?) ;D

I used to work with a guy who could do that (I swear he could drink freshly boiled water straight out of a kettle!)...not surprisingly, he was nicknamed 'Iron Throat'...

One of the guys I work with now has this amazing knack of making a cup of coffee so hot, that's it's a wonder it doesn't melt the ceramic!

I'm convinced he's got a blast furnace hidden in that kitchen somewheres!

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/28/07 at 7:26 am

Warning! these might be a little creepy lol.  Using my throat to imitate a heart beating, here I am ...

Accapella

and

Heartbeating along with 'The Heart of Rock and Roll' by Huey Lewis

Why don't a post of a clip of your wonderful singing voice?

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/28/07 at 9:29 am

So, what's any random weird thing that you do (something you know is weird about yourself or that others have told you of, lol)  ;D ?

That's not so weird---I do it too, lol. In fact, I do this with most candy, eating the "surrounder" first, then the inside.

I'll post more later, I've got quite a few things. ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/28/07 at 9:35 am

anything else. ;D

Dang, you've got it easy.  I think the only thing my kids will eat day after day is pizza.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/28/07 at 10:05 am

anything else. ;D
My kids are like that, too.  My oldest went in a "yearly" cycle: 1st grade was bologna, 2nd was turkey, 3rd was brown sugar ham (and it HAD to be brown sugar, not honey or smoked or plain), 4th was PB&J and 5th was turkey again.  My middle guy will ONLY eat a PB&J sandwich (no turkey, ham, bologna).  My youngest will eat almost any kind of sandwich, but has 1 hot dog & 1 slice of bologna every day for lunch (if he can).

AFA other weird things:
I also dry my hand before getting it wet again
I eat all around the crust of a sandwich
I can't stand for cigarette butts to be in the same part of an ashtray as the ashes....even if I'm out in a bar, I have to separate them
If I'm eating something on a bun with sesame seeds, I scrape off all the loose ones and eat them separately when I'm done, making sure each one is squished before eating it....I do this with tomato seeds as well

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/28/07 at 11:16 am

Were you a dog in a former life?

No, but I did earn the nickname "Master Of Frogs" in High School.
It kinda stuck with me, throughout the years.

Written By: La Roche on 03/28/07 at 11:28 am

all those things are probably good. i have no regard for germs.  i bathe with my dog, i eat what i drop, i do not blink at the thought.

it will save your life i bet.

Bode is clean. I've shared food with her.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/28/07 at 11:31 am

for the past 30 years I have a bologna and cheese sandwich for lunch. Before I eat the sandwich I

Carlos does this when he has bread and butter-he will put close to a half a bar of butter on it (ok, maybe not that much but he does love his butter), then fold the piece of bread over and squish it.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/07 at 11:59 am

Bode is clean. I've shared food with her.

I used to feed my dog off my fork.

This whole germ thing is getting out of hand, I think. Yeah, I'll wash my hands after using the toilet and stuff, but flushing the toilet in public restrooms with your foot and sanitizing everything around you will NOT help. Just think of all the germs you're breathing in while shopping. Germs are good for your immune system. Ask Kin. He'll tell you.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/07 at 12:31 pm

I used to feed my dog off my fork.

This whole germ thing is getting out of hand, I think. Yeah, I'll wash my hands after using the toilet and stuff, but flushing the toilet in public restrooms with your foot and sanitizing everything around you will NOT help. Just think of all the germs you're breathing in while shopping. Germs are good for your immune system. Ask Kin. He'll tell you.

I can't help the way that I am...I feel very nervous if I don't do the things that I do....I told ya I was odd. ;) :D  But as far as the public bathroom thing...I've seen the nasty hogs that go in there sometimes...and they flush the toilet with their hand, use the door handle with their hand..and btw, don't wash their hands....so of course I am not going to touch the things they have touched, right after they just got finished wiping their butt, or who knows what else with their filthy dirty hands. YICK ::)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/28/07 at 2:13 pm

I've found that as I get older I tend to get more 'anal'...

For example, I have to have the bath mats straight (I line them up with the lines on the vinyl floor)...and it drives me nuts when the kids mess them all up!  :-[

Written By: Paul on 03/28/07 at 2:25 pm

I've found that as I get older I tend to get more 'anal'...

This does tend to creep up on you as your age increases...

You wanna hear me some mornings when my train commits the heinious crime of turning up more than 70 seconds late!  :D

And the strange thing?

I deplore crawling into the office most mornings, but always seem to want to get there on time!  :P

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/28/07 at 2:30 pm

This does tend to creep up on you as your age increases...

You wanna hear me some mornings when my train commits the heinious crime of turning up more than 70 seconds late!  :D

Surely you wouldn't...!  ;)

Written By: Paul on 03/28/07 at 2:44 pm

Surely you wouldn't...!  ;)

You know me...a couple of 'damns' and 'blasts'!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 2:44 pm

Sometimes during the late evening I like to munch on Snack Mix and dip it in butter or margarine. :P

I also enjoy spooning peanut butter from the jar.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/28/07 at 2:47 pm

You know me...a couple of 'damns' and 'blasts'!  ::)

Right!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 2:51 pm

I sweep my area at home every single time after breakfast,lunch and dinner.

Written By: Gis on 03/28/07 at 2:51 pm

I too bite all the chocolate off the outsides of candy bars and then eat the middle.

I touch wood all the time for luck and wave at magpies.

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 2:52 pm

I too bite all the chocolate off the outsides of candy bars and then eat the middle.

Sort of like Reces Pieces Peanut Butter cups?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/28/07 at 2:52 pm

What is the significance of waving at magpies?  ???

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 2:53 pm

What is the significance of waving at magpies?  ???

To say hello? ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/07 at 2:54 pm

To say hello? ;D

LOLOL!! ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 2:54 pm

LOLOL!! ;D

Well,The magpies aren't going to wave back. ::)

Written By: Gis on 03/28/07 at 2:55 pm

What is the significance of waving at magpies?  ???
The rhyme goes 'One for sorrow' so you salute a single magpie to wave away your sorrows, for good luck basically.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/07 at 2:56 pm

Well,The magpies aren't going to wave back. ::)

maybe they will..you never know. ;)

as far as the word, "magpie"....I've always got a kick out of that word, for some reason....so very funny. Isn't is basically a crow?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/28/07 at 2:57 pm

The rhyme goes 'One for sorrow' so you salute a single magpie to wave away your sorrows, for good luck basically.

Oh, I see!  :)

We don't have any magpies here, so I can't try that...

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 2:57 pm

as far as the word, "magpie"....I've always got a kick out of that word, for some reason....so very funny. Isn't is basically a crow?

Yes It Is.

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 2:58 pm

I can crack every single part of my body.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/07 at 2:58 pm

Yes It Is.

I like referring to them as "magpies" though....sounds much more cheery.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/07 at 2:59 pm

EVERY single part of your body? Um....I'm not even gonna go there. :-X

Written By: Gis on 03/28/07 at 2:59 pm

Same family but very fancy clothes!  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/28/07 at 2:59 pm

ROFL!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 3:00 pm

I like to refill my water bottle every single day,freezing it and later drinking it.

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 3:01 pm

My neck,elbows,hands feet,ankles,head and back.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/07 at 3:01 pm

Same family but very fancy clothes!  ;D

they are pretty precious!! :)

ROFL!  ;D

:D ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/07 at 3:01 pm

My neck,elbows,hands feet,ankles,head and back.

well then, that's not EVERY part...is it Howard? ;) :D ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 3:02 pm

well then, that's not EVERY part...is it Howard? ;) :D ;D

No but I do get sore sometimes.

Written By: whistledog on 03/28/07 at 3:03 pm

I'll go there ...

Can you crack your crack? :D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/28/07 at 3:03 pm

I like to refill my water bottle every single day,freezing it and later drinking it.

I'd hardly call that 'weird', Howard.  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/07 at 3:04 pm

I'll go there ...

hahaha...that would be pretty funny! ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 4:00 pm

I'll go there ...

No

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 4:00 pm

I'd hardly call that 'weird', Howard.  ::)

I thought it was.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/28/07 at 4:02 pm

I thought it was.

It's not.  A lot of people do that so they have nice ice cold water to drink without trying to squeeze ice cubes into the bottle.

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 4:14 pm

It's not.  A lot of people do that so they have nice ice cold water to drink without trying to squeeze ice cubes into the bottle.

Do you do it?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/28/07 at 4:14 pm

Do you do it?

Yes, Howard....I do.

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/28/07 at 6:16 pm

I always take paper towels in a public bathroom in fours, and I always put four squirts of shampoo/conditioner in my hair whilst showering. I also like to eat snack food in fours, but I try not to if they're fattening. >_<

I don't know if this is weird or not, but I can't stand it when people bite on napkins or touch styrofoam... or rub foil against ceramic plates.

Um... I know there are more, but they're just too normal to me to be thought of. :P

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/28/07 at 6:26 pm

Oh yeah, and I hate not knowing what my schedules are like... For example, if we're doing something, I have to know what, when, and where... or else I get a bad feeling..

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/28/07 at 6:37 pm

Oh yeah, and I hate not knowing what my schedules are like... For example, if we're doing something, I have to know what, when, and where... or else I get a bad feeling..

I use to be that way and am still that way to a point. I am not one who's really spontaneous, unless it's somewhere that doesn't involve parties, people, or unexpected visits,  ;D

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/28/07 at 9:40 pm

I also enjoy spooning peanut butter from the jar.

Mmmm peanut butter  :D

Written By: Howard on 03/28/07 at 9:42 pm

Mmmm peanut butter  :D

I also do that with jelly.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/29/07 at 2:36 am

I'll go there ...

Where I come from, that called "flatulence".

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/07 at 11:28 am

After reading this thread I realize that I am incredibly normal.  ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/29/07 at 11:33 am

I re-discovered that if I'm playing cards, I have to have my 7s held a certain way:

Like this.

Written By: Howard on 03/29/07 at 4:13 pm

After reading this thread I realize that I am incredibly normal.   ;D

Nobody is.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/30/07 at 1:19 am

got this weird little dance move I created to make Diane laugh. it's hecka stupid & I can't describe it & I can't remember when I made it up, but it's lame  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/30/07 at 1:20 am

got this weird little dance move I created to make Diane laugh. it's hecka stupid & I can't describe it & I can't remember when I made it up, but it's lame  ;D

Is that any way to talk about your sex life? 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/30/07 at 1:32 am

Is that any way to talk about your sex life? 
what? me talk about my sex life?  I'm barely not a virgin.  actually that dance move is a solo

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/30/07 at 3:04 am

what? me talk about my sex life?  I'm barely not a virgin.  actually that dance move is a solo

I'll give you $10 if play "Dancin' With Myself" or "The Stroke" in the background.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/30/07 at 3:06 am

I'll give you $10 if play "Dancin' With Myself" or "The Stroke" in the background.
;D it's way too dorky and silly but the background music with your first selection would fit

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/30/07 at 3:06 am

;D it's way too dorky and silly but the background music with your first selection would fit

Okay, I just got a visual.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I don't like it.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/30/07 at 3:14 am

Okay, I just got a visual.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I don't like it.  ;D
it's really not nasty, it's not. just silly

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/30/07 at 3:18 am

it's really not nasty, it's not. just silly

Who cares about silly, or nasty, or what?
If this was something for your lady, then it qualifies under "endearment". ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/30/07 at 3:00 pm

I do a lot of double checking before I leave the house.

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/31/07 at 9:20 pm

This is kinda silly, but a big one with me involves songs. Why, I don't know, but I've always liked fadeouts/endings as long as I can remember. Back when I regularly made mixtapes (I still do actually, just not as much because of CDRs and my Ipod) I made sure I let each song fade at least most of the way out before cutting it off.

So, like if I'm listening to my CD Walkman and I reach where I need to be when a song is just about over, I'll want to wait for it to fade out, almost as if to be "respectful" to it. :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/01/07 at 12:13 am

Well, it'd sound bad if you just randomly cut it off in the middle of a fadeout...

I always inadvertantly stick up my pinky while drinking. I also stick my thumb in between my index and middle fingers all the time.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/01/07 at 12:32 am

That ain't weird. I usually fill up a bottle of water, stick it in the freezer and drink it the next day when I'm out. Rather than having warm water to drink. At home it is not an issue, as tap water is cold enough.

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/01/07 at 1:09 am

Well, it'd sound bad if you just randomly cut it off in the middle of a fadeout...

Yeah, it doesn't have to fade every note away, but I always like to let it go, say three quarters or more. As if to say goodbye. It has always been one of my pet peeves that radio stations often talk over/cut off song endings since they need the airtime. If I was a DJ (or if I ever am), I'd manually fade it out early.

I always inadvertantly stick up my pinky while drinking. I also stick my thumb in between my index and middle fingers all the time.

Eh, that's not so weird, I've probably done that too.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/07 at 2:23 pm

I use to pick up old batteries and recharge them.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/01/07 at 5:22 pm

I use to pick up old batteries and recharge them.

Um... How would you do that?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/01/07 at 5:36 pm

Um... How would you do that?

Battery recharger. 

http://www.battery-recharger.com/category~categoryID~1.html

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/02/07 at 7:16 am

AFA the germ thing, I'm not really anal about them since I saw a couple of news reports saying that germs are not altogether bad.  There is so much antibacterial stuff out and people use it so much that some are becoming resistant to it and kids that are compulsively kept from germs actually end up sicker than those who were exposed in small doses as a child.  I still wash my hands, but don't worry about much else......

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/02/07 at 12:48 pm

I also stick my thumb in between my index and middle fingers all the time.

I do that.  It fits there so nicely.

Written By: La Roche on 04/02/07 at 2:39 pm

I do that.  It fits there so nicely.

I just realised what that meant.. from behind them, yeah, I do it.

Didn't even realise it was 'weird' cus you're right, it just fits.

Written By: Apricot on 04/02/07 at 2:45 pm

I drink black coffee like one drinks a shot.

Written By: Gis on 04/02/07 at 2:48 pm

I do that with tea too. My brother says I have an asbestos mouth.  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/02/07 at 2:55 pm

I just realised what that meant.. from behind them, yeah, I do it.

Didn't even realise it was 'weird' cus you're right, it just fits.

Were you trying to do it from the front?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/02/07 at 3:31 pm

Battery recharger. 

Sometimes they wouldn't work cause the juice was gone.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/02/07 at 5:28 pm

Battery recharger. 

That's WEIRD!!! *Cough*

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/02/07 at 5:29 pm

It's weird to those who don't rabidly follow the Yankees, but when they play the Red Sox, I take a pair of red socks and string them up on a noose and hang them over my door. 

Written By: Howard on 04/02/07 at 6:44 pm

That's WEIRD!!! *Cough*

I rarely do that anymore cause of my compulsion.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/21/07 at 2:06 am

I don't do this anymore, but a few years ago, I used to name my softball bats. My favorite bat was named Sweet Emotion I used a black Sharpie to write the name on the knob & it was funny because a couple of teammates would occasionally use my bat & one time I remember my friend Kenny ask where is Sweet Emotion? Can I use your bat Mike?  ;D  Kenny was an awesome athlete, former wide reciever & special teams for the Oakland Raiders & after his football career was done, her played some softball and we had him on our team for a couple of seasons. I named a couple of bats but I haven't done that with my latest. Maybe I will tomorrow.  I need some ideas  ???

Written By: jackas on 04/21/07 at 2:13 am

I do a lot of double checking before I leave the house.

I used to do this before I went to bed at night.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/21/07 at 2:14 am

I used to do this before I went to bed at night.
I do too

Written By: La Roche on 04/22/07 at 5:39 pm

I don't do this anymore, but a few years ago, I used to name my softball bats. My favorite bat was named Sweet Emotion I used a black Sharpie to write the name on the knob & it was funny because a couple of teammates would occasionally use my bat & one time I remember my friend Kenny ask where is Sweet Emotion? Can I use your bat Mike?  ;D  Kenny was an awesome athlete, former wide reciever & special teams for the Oakland Raiders & after his football career was done, her played some softball and we had him on our team for a couple of seasons. I named a couple of bats but I haven't done that with my latest. Maybe I will tomorrow.  I need some ideas  ???

You should call it MurderFace the Bat.

You'll Murder the pitcher I figure.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/22/07 at 5:47 pm

You should call it MurderFace the Bat.

You'll Murder the pitcher I figure.
that's a good one. My favorite bat's new name is MurderFace.  thanks Davey.  I hope a teammate on my Monday night team is cool with it because about 3 years ago, he was pitching and got hit by a line drive right in the eye, He had some permanant damage, but not blindness and he's playing ball again,. Sadly he's not able to continue being a Firefigter, but he is still in the dept. anyways, MurderFace it is!  8)

Written By: La Roche on 04/22/07 at 9:12 pm

that's a good one. My favorite bat's new name is MurderFace.  thanks Davey.  I hope a teammate on my Monday night team is cool with it because about 3 years ago, he was pitching and got hit by a line drive right in the eye, He had some permanant damage, but not blindness and he's playing ball again,. Sadly he's not able to continue being a Firefigter, but he is still in the dept. anyways, MurderFace it is!  8)

Man, that's gotta hurt.

Talking about getting hit in the face, wouldn't you like to see The Tigers play the Giants so Joel Zumaya could drill Bonds with a 103 MPH fastball, right around the orbital socket?  ;D

Written By: jackas on 04/22/07 at 11:14 pm

Man, that's gotta hurt.

Talking about getting hit in the face, wouldn't you like to see The Tigers play the Giants so Joel Zumaya could drill Bonds with a 103 MPH fastball, right around the orbital socket?  ;D

You should name your next dog Murderface.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/23/07 at 1:45 am

Man, that's gotta hurt.

Yeah, it musta really hurt bad, and this other guy I play against in the fall, well he got hit 2 years ago and lost teeth and had to have his jaw rewired. It was horrible. The dang composite bats are just too juiced & hot and are dangerous to pitchers standing 50feet away & having a line drive launched back up the middle at your face, at speeds over 100MPH.  Of course those are the bats that I use, but I don't go middle at pitchers, although I've buzzed the tower a couple of times and had them ducking  ;D
So you don't like Bonds?  you're in good company. I'd like to see him get plunked, but then I'd like to see a lot of players get beaned, especially pitchers that pitch inside. see how they like it.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/23/07 at 8:11 am

I broke a girl's nose playing softball.....line drive to the face.....she was out the rest of the season

Then, about 5 months later, I broke her nose AGAIN playing basketball...I was doing an inbounds throw and she jumped right up into the ball :-\\

Written By: karen on 04/23/07 at 9:41 am

I broke a girl's nose playing softball.....line drive to the face.....she was out the rest of the season

Then, about 5 months later, I broke her nose AGAIN playing basketball...I was doing an inbounds throw and she jumped right up into the ball :-\\

Bet she hides now!

Written By: La Roche on 04/23/07 at 9:45 am

You should name your next dog Murderface.

I should name the current one that, although she didn't quite get the job done.

Check for new replies or respond here...