inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is your level of darkness?

Written By: YWN on 03/28/07 at 3:58 pm

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=51529

I'll be the first to admit that this isn't a terribly well written quiz or any effective gauge on how "dark" anyone really is.  On the other hand, people need to stop being pretentious and pretending these kind of things aren't at least somewhat amusing.  Since I didn't want to clutter my myspace with these results, I'm posting them here:

http://quizfarm.com/images/11218671006720f41737c7c63a9b4ffb7f54e939a88473492.bmp

You scored as Naturally Dark. 

You are \"Naturally Dark\".It is in your nature to be attracted to the darker things in life, perhaps because you\'re clinically depressed,or just pessimistic.You most likely hate the stupid f***s who pretend to be dark and depressed in an attempt to be \"goth\" or \"emo\". A good band for you would either be AFI or Bauhaus.

Naturally Dark

61%

Fallen

46%

Elegant dark

39%

Murderous/Scary Dark

11%

Subject: Re: What is your level of darkness?

Written By: YWN on 03/28/07 at 4:04 pm

...another over-simplified, pigeon-holing, yet mildly amusing quiz from the same site I just came across:

What Group Are You?

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=39704&first=yes

My results:

http://quizfarm.com/images/1117183904images.jpg

You scored as Goth. 

Your A Goth!

Goth

45%

Prepy

40%

Rocker, Mosher

30%

Trendy

20%

Chav, Townie, Rude Boy, Ned, Kev

15%

Skater

5%

Emo

0%

--
Apparently I'm a goth preppy then?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/28/07 at 4:04 pm

You scored as Elegant dark. 

You are "Elegant Dark".You regard darkness as something not depressing,but beautiful and elegant.You are most likely a reflective,pensive person,and you like "pretty" dark things like darker poetry, literature, music, and Victorian clothing. A good band for you to listen to would be Nightwish, a combination of metal and opera.

Elegant dark

79%

Naturally Dark

14%

Murderous/Scary Dark

11%

Fallen

0%

Written By: YWN on 03/28/07 at 4:14 pm

Okay...I didn't foresee myself being so thoroughly amused by these quizzes, so from now on this will be an all purpose quiz thread.

"Which Religion Is The Best For You?"

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=10907&first=yes

The reason I find this so amusing...is that I'm apparently almost half-Muslim.  Where on earth did that come from?  I've got to say, this list would kill for a job interview where affirmative action is intact.  "Oh, and did I mention that I'm 4 percent Hindu...?"  ;D

You are... an atheist, though you probably already knew this. Also, you probably have several people praying daily for your soul. Instead of simply being "nonreligious," atheists strongly believe in the lack of existence of a higher being, or God.

atheism

83%

agnosticism

67%

Paganism

54%

Islam

46%

Judaism

38%

Buddhism

29%

Satanism

29%

Christianity

17%

Hinduism

4%

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/28/07 at 5:16 pm

Level of Darkness

You are "Elegant Dark".You regard darkness as something not depressing,but beautiful and elegant.You are most likely a reflective,pensive person,and you like "pretty" dark things like darker poetry, literature, music, and Victorian clothing. A good band for you to listen to would be Nightwish, a combination of metal and opera.

Elegant dark
  50%

Naturally Dark
  39%

Fallen
  32%

Murderous/Scary Dark
  11%

Written By: Tia on 03/28/07 at 5:22 pm

frighteningly accurate. was this your quiz?

You scored as Fallen. 

Your darkness is \"Fallen\". You were most likely once deeply in love, but the person on the receiving end of your affections wounded you deeply.You were also once innocent, but your wounds will not allow that innocence to return.Sadness and misfortune seem to follow you. A good band for you would either be AFI or The Cure.

Fallen

57%

Elegant dark

57%

Naturally Dark

50%

Murderous/Scary Dark

11%

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/28/07 at 5:30 pm

I always thought i was a bubbly perky girl,am i fooling myself all these years :-\\

You scored as Fallen.
Your darkness is \"Fallen\". You were most likely once deeply in love, but the person on the receiving end of your affections wounded you deeply.You were also once innocent, but your wounds will not allow that innocence to return.Sadness and misfortune seem to follow you. A good band for you would either be AFI or The Cure.

Fallen

46%
Elegant dark

39%
Naturally Dark

21%
Murderous/Scary Dark

11%

Written By: loki 13 on 03/28/07 at 5:56 pm

Elegant dark....86%

Fallen....68%

Naturally Dark....50%

Murderous/Scary Dark....14%

Written By: loki 13 on 03/28/07 at 6:02 pm

Quiz #2:

You scored as Goth. 

Your A Goth!

Goth....80%

Rocker, Mosher....55%

Skater....40%

Chav, Townie, Rude Boy, Ned, Kev....20%

Prepy....15%

Emo....5%

Trendy....0%

Written By: loki 13 on 03/28/07 at 6:19 pm

Quiz #3:

You scored as Satanism. 

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

atheism....100%

Satanism....100%

Paganism....67%

agnosticism....58%

Islam....54%

Buddhism....33%

Judaism....21%

Christianity....4% ( 8 years in a Catholic school  ;D)

Hinduism....0%

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/28/07 at 6:30 pm

You scored as Naturally Dark. 

You are \"Naturally Dark\".It is in your nature to be attracted to the darker things in life, perhaps because you\'re clinically depressed,or just pessimistic.You most likely hate the stupid fudges who pretend to be dark and depressed in an attempt to be \"goth\" or \"emo\". A good band for you would either be AFI or Bauhaus.

Naturally Dark

46%
Elegant dark

36%
Fallen

21%
Murderous/Scary Dark

4%

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/28/07 at 6:32 pm

You scored as Rocker, Mosher. 

Your A Rocker!

Rocker, Mosher

45%
Goth

25%

15%
Emo

10%
Prepy

10%
Trendy

0%
Skater

0%

Um... Yay!?

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/07 at 7:00 pm

Quiz 1:

You scored as Fallen. 

Fallen
96%
Naturally Dark
79%
Elegant dark
50%
Murderous/Scary Dark
11%

(This one is true.)

Quiz 2:

You scored as Goth. 

Your A Goth!

Goth
65%
Rocker, Mosher
25%
Emo
20%
Prepy
15%
Trendy
10%
0%
Skater
0%

(Not sure if that fits me, but whatever....they can't spell anyways. :D)

Quiz 3:

You scored as agnosticism. 

You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism
92%
Buddhism
83%
Judaism
67%
Paganism
54%
Islam
50%
Hinduism
42%
Satanism
29%
Christianity
13%
atheism
0%

(That's probably true.)

Written By: Midas on 03/28/07 at 7:34 pm

Quiz 1:

You are "Elegant Dark".  You regard darkness as something not depressing, but beautiful and elegant. You are most likely a reflective, pensive person, and you like "pretty" dark things like darker poetry, literature, music, and Victorian clothing. A good band for you to listen to would be Nightwish, a combination of metal and opera.

Elegant dark 79%

Fallen 61%

Naturally Dark 50%

Murderous/Scary Dark 21%

Quiz 2:

You scored as Rocker, Mosher.

You're A Rocker!

Rocker, Mosher 50%

Goth 45%

Trendy 45%

Preppy 20%

Skater 15%

Chav, Townie, Rude Boy, Ned, Kev 10%

Emo 0% (fut dat)

\m/

Quiz 3:

http://quizfarm.com/images/1110083892devil.gif

You scored as Satanism. 

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

Satanism 96%

agnosticism 75%

Islam 58%

Christianity 54%

Buddhism 46%

Hinduism 46%

Paganism 42%

Judaism 42%

atheism 25%

Um... \m/ 

Written By: Apricot on 03/28/07 at 9:00 pm

I got 95% Natural Dark, 88% Murderous/Creepy Dark, 60% Gothic Dark on that test..

Written By: Step-chan on 03/28/07 at 10:23 pm

It said this about me.....

Written By: Tia on 03/28/07 at 10:31 pm

that's a good one, elegant dark. although metal + opera = ew.

to be fair, the musical selections they suggested for me blew. fallen people wanna listen to led zeppelin and corduroy and old school black sabbath.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/28/07 at 10:34 pm

to be fair, the musical selections they suggested for me blew. fallen people wanna listen to led zeppelin and corduroy and old school black sabbath.

I just answered them the way I would.... I'm surprised that I got that answer though...

Here's one of the other ones I took:

You scored as Goth. 

Your A Goth!

Goth

40%
Rocker, Mosher

35%
Skater

30%
Trendy

20%

0%
Emo

0%
Prepy

0%

Written By: Step-chan on 03/28/07 at 10:42 pm

Religion test:

You scored as Christianity. 

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian. Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity

67%
Islam

58%
Buddhism

50%
Judaism

42%
Satanism

29%
Paganism

29%
Hinduism

17%
agnosticism

8%
atheism

4%

Written By: Gis on 03/29/07 at 1:26 am

I'm an elegantly dark goth rocker!

Written By: karen on 03/29/07 at 10:37 am

You scored as Naturally Dark. You are "Naturally Dark".It is in your nature to be attracted to the darker things in life, perhaps because you\'re clinically depressed,or just pessimistic.You most likely hate the stupid fudges who pretend to be dark and depressed in an attempt to be "goth" or "emo". A good band for you would either be AFI or Bauhaus.

Which is pretty neat because I used to be a bit of a Bauhaus fan

Written By: La Roche on 03/29/07 at 10:38 am

You are "Murderous/Scary Dark".Someone either tortured you psychologically and emotionally to the point of madness,or you're just naturally fudgeed in the head.You might come from an abusive household,and you hate the world and just wish everyone would die. A good band for you would either be The Misfits or Cradle of Filth.

Murderous/Scary Dark
96%

Naturally Dark
54%

Fallen
21%

Elegant dark
7%

I'm not really suprised.

Written By: karen on 03/29/07 at 10:41 am

These quizzes are so accurate.  what group am I?

You scored as Goth. 

Your A Goth!

Goth

45%
Rocker, Mosher

20%
Prepy

15%
Emo

15%

0%
Trendy

0%
Skater

0%

I had Gothy tendencies at school.  I'm just boringly grown-up now!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/07 at 10:53 am

This is from the Religion quiz - it's pretty accurate for me.

You scored as agnosticism. 

You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism

83%
Paganism

79%
atheism

63%
Buddhism

58%
Satanism

58%
Judaism

58%
Hinduism

46%
Islam

46%
Christianity

29%

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/29/07 at 10:55 am

You scored as Murderous/Scary Dark. 

You are "Murderous/Scary Dark".Someone either tortured you psychologically and emotionally to the point of madness,or you're just naturally f****d in the head.You might come from an abusive household,and you hate the world and just wish everyone would die. A good band for you would either be The Misfits or Cradle of Filth.

Elegant dark
89%

Murderous/Scary Dark
89%

Fallen
71%

Naturally Dark
57%

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/29/07 at 12:22 pm

Elegant dark

75%

Fallen

57%

Naturally Dark

29%

Murderous/Scary Dark

0%

You scored as Paganism.

Your beliefs are most closely aligned with those of paganism, Wicca, or a similar earth-based religion. You may also follow a Native American religion.

Paganism

88%

Buddhism

83%

Hinduism

71%

Satanism

71%

agnosticism

71%

Judaism

54%

atheism

46%

Islam

42%

Christianity

33%

Well, at least that last quiz is right.  ;D

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/29/07 at 12:58 pm

You scored as Fallen

Your darkness is \"Fallen\". You were most likely once deeply in love, but the person on the receiving end of your affections wounded you deeply.You were also once innocent, but your wounds will not allow that innocence to return.Sadness and misfortune seem to follow you. A good band for you would either be AFI or The Cure

You scored as Trendy

Trendy

30%
Goth

15%
Rocker, Mosher

15%
Emo

15%
Prepy

15%

10%
Skater

5%

You scored as Christianity.

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian. Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity

79%
Buddhism

54%
Judaism

42%
Paganism

38%
Hinduism

33%
Islam

29%
Satanism

17%
agnosticism

0%
atheism

0%

Written By: La Roche on 03/29/07 at 4:56 pm

Again, I'd say this was to be expected.

Rocker, Mosher
90%

Goth
30%

Prepy
15%

Skater
15%

10%

Emo
0%

Trendy
0%

Written By: Jessica on 03/29/07 at 4:59 pm

Again, I'd say this was to be expected.

Rocker, Mosher
90%

Goth
30%

Prepy
15%

Skater
15%

10%

Emo
0%

Trendy
0%

I would've howled if you had been a Chav.

Written By: La Roche on 03/29/07 at 5:01 pm

Booya!

I'VE SEEN THE WAYS OF GOD, I'LL TAKE THE DEVIL ANY DAY - HAIL SATAN!

You scored as Satanism. 

Satanism
75%

atheism
58%

Paganism
46%

Buddhism
25%

agnosticism
25%

Judaism
21%

Islam
17%

Hinduism
8%

Christianity
0%

Written By: loki 13 on 03/29/07 at 5:58 pm

That is what it said about me but I have an opposite feeling about metal + opera. I like the combination.
I never heard of Nightwish before but after I read the quiz results I went directly to Youtube and found
videos of Nightwish and instantly loved it. So, last night I went to FYE and bought 3 Nightwish CDs.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/29/07 at 6:58 pm

That is what it said about me but I have an opposite feeling about metal + opera. I like the combination.
I never heard of Nightwish before but after I read the quiz results I went directly to Youtube and found
videos of Nightwish and instantly loved it. So, last night I went to FYE and bought 3 Nightwish CDs.

I have no opinion of metal-opera myself, never listened to it.

Written By: La Roche on 03/29/07 at 10:22 pm

I have no opinion of metal-opera myself, never listened to it.

Yoooo, it's sweet.

Written By: Tia on 03/29/07 at 10:23 pm

Booya!

I'VE SEEN THE WAYS OF GOD, I'LL TAKE THE DEVIL ANY DAY - HAIL SATAN!

You scored as Satanism. 

Satanism
75%

atheism
58%

Paganism
46%

Buddhism
25%

agnosticism
25%

Judaism
21%

Islam
17%

Hinduism
8%

Christianity
0%
i bet if you score more than 60 percent on satanism, you're instantly referred to the FBI watch list.

Written By: La Roche on 03/29/07 at 10:25 pm

i bet if you score more than 60 percent on satanism, you're instantly referred to the FBI watch list.

Hopefully.

I've always maintained I want to die in a hail of gunfire.. hopefully on a rainy day so you can clutch my blood soaked corpse to yourself and scream "NOOOOOOOO DAMN YOU'S, DAMN ALL OF YOU'S!"

Written By: Step-chan on 03/29/07 at 10:26 pm

Yoooo, it's sweet.

Goes to check

Written By: La Roche on 03/29/07 at 10:27 pm

Goes to check

Well.. Metal-Opera.. mmmm, think more kind of progy-power metal.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/29/07 at 10:33 pm

Well.. Metal-Opera.. mmmm, think more kind of progy-power metal.

I checked it out, it's not bad(watch a video on youtube of Nightwish)....

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/30/07 at 2:01 am

Your A Trendy

Trendy                                          60%

Prepy                                            40%

Chav, Townie, Rude Boy, Ned, Kev    40%

Rocker, Mosher                              20%

Skater                                            20%

Goth                                              15%

Emo                                              5%

Check for new replies or respond here...