inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy Feet!

Written By: statsqueen on 03/28/07 at 10:28 pm

Did everyone get their copy of Happy Feet?????    ;D  :D

Even though I was home sick w/ the flu on Monday, I was still at Wal-Mart at 12:01 to buy it.  Unfortunately, we had a little discussion about why they wouldn't honor the on-line price in the store.  They told me they would match Meijer after 6:00 a.m. (they didn't).  Meijer had it for 15.99 plus free popsicles, Wal-Mart was 17.72 (could possibly get another DVD, but it was the principle of it)

The penguin surfer movie comes out this summer (it was actually in production before HF).

Subject: Re: Happy Feet!

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/07 at 10:29 pm

Did everyone get their copy of Happy Feet?????    ;D  :D

Even though I was home sick w/ the flu on Monday, I was still at Wal-Mart at 12:01 to buy it.  Unfortunately, we had a little discussion about why they wouldn't honor the on-line price in the store.  They told me they would match Meijer after 6:00 a.m. (they didn't).  Meijer had it for 15.99 plus free popsicles, Wal-Mart was 17.72 (could possibly get another DVD, but it was the principle of it)

The penguin surfer movie comes out this summer (it was actually in production before HF).

I think my mom and dad are buying it for my son. He's never seen it before, but I'm sure he'll like it. :)

Written By: whistledog on 03/28/07 at 10:37 pm

I saw it flying off the shelves at Wal-Mart yesterday.  Some little kid was even crying because he was so excited about it, that he wanted to watch it then and there lol

Written By: statsqueen on 03/28/07 at 10:41 pm

I saw it flying off the shelves at Wal-Mart yesterday.  Some little kid was even crying because he was so excited about it, that he wanted to watch it then and there lol

;D  I have a feeling that if my daughter were 10 yrs younger, I might have been in the same situation w/ her!

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/30/07 at 10:03 am

Nope, I saw it in the theater and once was enough for me.

I guess I'm one of the few people who didn't like the movie. 

Written By: statsqueen on 03/30/07 at 10:32 am

Nope, I saw it in the theater and once was enough for me.

I guess I'm one of the few people who didn't like the movie. 

I liked the quotes under your message.  I have the middle one on one of my cubicle walls at work.  It fits in with what I do.  :)

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/30/07 at 10:43 am

I liked the quotes under your message.  I have the middle one on one of my cubicle walls at work.  It fits in with what I do.   :)

Thanks! 

What do you do?

My daughter had her birthday party at the movies and this is what we saw, maybe I didn't enjoy it because I had 10 kids to look after. 

I'll probably have to get the movie for my kids...maybe the Easter Bunny can bring it.

Written By: statsqueen on 03/30/07 at 11:52 am

Thanks! 

What do you do?

My daughter had her birthday party at the movies and this is what we saw, maybe I didn't enjoy it because I had 10 kids to look after. 

I'll probably have to get the movie for my kids...maybe the Easter Bunny can bring it.

I work at a university in the office that does the federal & state reporting.  I personally help with the testing part of the office (ugh) and do surveys.  ;D

I think having 10 kids to look after would kill my movie enjoyment no matter what the movie!  I send you karma points for being such a good mom!  My daughter is 17, but she still wanted it (early Easter present)  :D

Written By: karen on 04/02/07 at 7:20 am

my mother-in-law bought the DVD for my children on Firday.  We watched it yesterday but I was too tired to concentrate properly so I might try and watch it again soon.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/02/07 at 9:17 am

My youngest got it for his bday from my mom :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/07 at 1:17 pm

my mother-in-law bought the DVD for my children on Firday.  We watched it yesterday but I was too tired to concentrate properly so I might try and watch it again soon.
Definitely a film you can watch again and again.

Written By: Jessica on 04/02/07 at 1:52 pm

My son liked the dancing part, but I think he's too young to catch on to the environmental message. Good movie though. Jason is watching the extras with Savion Glover and trying to copy him. :D

Written By: statsqueen on 04/02/07 at 2:55 pm

My son liked the dancing part, but I think he's too young to catch on to the environmental message. Good movie though. Jason is watching the extras with Savion Glover and trying to copy him. :D

lol Micah tried that, too.  She had more luck w/ the dance lessons for Sid's thing in Ice Age 2.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...