inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Did Or Are You Going To Do Today - April

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/01/07 at 11:34 pm

I'm getting up early to watch Opening Day at Yankee Stadium.  Carl Pavano is pitching.....God help us all.

Subject: Re: What Did Or Are You Going To Do Today - April

Written By: whistledog on 04/01/07 at 11:37 pm

I'm gonna be watching Baywatch: Season 1 ;D

You know, If you change the dash to a comma in this thread title, it would look like you are asking the question to someone named April :D

Written By: Gis on 04/02/07 at 1:12 am

Going to work..............

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/02/07 at 1:45 am

went to church this morning, came home & had lunch, then I went to softball practice for a couple hours, came home & did some chores, took a nap, got up and did a couple more chores and will try to go to bed early tonight as Monday Night I am playing my first softball game of the 2007 season. We have the late game at 8:50pm under the lights.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/02/07 at 1:48 am

went to church this morning, came home & had lunch, then I went to softball practice for a couple hours, came home & did some chores, took a nap, got up and did a couple more chores and will try to go to bed early tonight as Monday Night I am playing my first softball game of the 2007 season. We have the late game at 8:50pm under the lights.

Hit a triple for me....I think they're underrated.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/02/07 at 2:01 am

Hit a triple for me....I think they're underrated.
I'll try, & I love  triples very much. I like giving the next batter an easy RBI

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/02/07 at 9:28 am

Went back to work, after almost a week the kiddies don't know who i am anymore,i felt like crying :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/02/07 at 12:04 pm

Set up our new printer-works GREAT!!!

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/02/07 at 3:48 pm

I just did a load of clothes, and I'm in the process of cleaning the computer room.

Written By: Howard on 04/02/07 at 3:50 pm

Went to see my job coach and I have the interview at Pathmark but It's a meet and greet on Monday The 9th. :)

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/02/07 at 5:39 pm

The usual, took my daughter to school, sat "Door Duty" at her school then had lunch with her.  Came home and vacuumed and did some laundry.  Helped my husband put together patio furniture.  Now I'm going to cook somethng for dinner.

Written By: Tia on 04/02/07 at 5:42 pm

You know, If you change the dash to a comma in this thread title, it would look like you are asking the question to someone named April :D

why, i believe there may be a copyeditor in you waiting to get out, bro!

Written By: Howard on 04/02/07 at 6:42 pm

Just came back from Charlie Brown's Steakhouse for dinner.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/02/07 at 7:28 pm

My sister and I are going for a Starbucks later after she gets back.

Written By: Jessica on 04/02/07 at 7:36 pm

I'm going to go change a VERY smelly diaper.

My god, it's offensive.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/02/07 at 7:38 pm

I'm going to go change a VERY smelly diaper.

My god, it's offensive.

That'll teach you to feed Jason curry.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/02/07 at 10:49 pm

Well, my sister and I didn't go to Starbucks like I wanted.  Maybe tomorrow.

Written By: Gis on 04/03/07 at 1:18 am

Work again today, I shall try not to be so industrious today I was way too tired yesterday!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/03/07 at 1:39 am

Played the first softball game of the year tonight. the weather was great, and the field was in excellent shape. We won 17-2 and I made 2 golden glove plays at shortstop, but I only got 1 hit.  I'd say it was fun, but it's more than that.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/03/07 at 3:23 am

Played the first softball game of the year tonight. the weather was great, and the field was in excellent shape. We won 17-2 and I made 2 golden glove plays at shortstop, but I only got 1 hit.  I'd say it was fun, but it's more than that.

17-2?!  Oh lord have mercy....don't mess with Mike's team.  And with those gold glove plays, I bet you put Derek Jeter to shame. 

Written By: Howard on 04/03/07 at 6:53 am

My family And I are going to their friend's house for Passover dinner.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/03/07 at 7:25 am

I have to work on a stupid webpage for my English class.....which I have NO CLUE how to do.....I didn't realize that "webpage design" had ANYTHING to do with English.....if I wanted to know how to create a webpage, I'd take a class on THAT.....oh, and our instructions on HOW to do it were: use Mozilla composer to open the files - that's IT >:( >:(

Written By: karen on 04/03/07 at 7:29 am

I have to work on a stupid webpage for my English class.....which I have NO CLUE how to do.....I didn't realize that "webpage design" had ANYTHING to do with English.....if I wanted to know how to create a webpage, I'd take a class on THAT.....oh, and our instructions on HOW to do it were: use Mozilla composer to open the files - that's IT >:( >:(

If this link works it has a short guide to using Microsoft Front Page..
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/computing/doc/frontpage2003.html

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/03/07 at 10:08 am

Getting my hair done.

Cat

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/03/07 at 10:30 am

If this link works it has a short guide to using Microsoft Front Page..
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/computing/doc/frontpage2003.html
The link works so I'll have to see if that's any easier.  I did manage to edit a bit of it with Mozilla Composer, but realized after I did it, I was editing the wrong stuff >:(

edited because when I tried to click on the instructions, it asked me for an id/password :(

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/03/07 at 10:38 am

I'm really excited.Tonight i'm going to see one of my favorite brazilian bands live, Cansei De Ser Sexy...they rock 8)

Written By: gemini on 04/03/07 at 3:45 pm

Did some laundry, that's about it, otherwise just being lazy. Tuesday's my lazy day.  :)

Written By: karen on 04/04/07 at 6:39 am

The link works so I'll have to see if that's any easier.  I did manage to edit a bit of it with Mozilla Composer, but realized after I did it, I was editing the wrong stuff >:(

edited because when I tried to click on the instructions, it asked me for an id/password :(

Poo!  I was hoping that it wouldn't do that. 

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/04/07 at 7:45 am

Poo!  I was hoping that it wouldn't do that. 
It's okay.  I'm gonna' ask my teacher about it today and hubby said he'd help and call a friend who does this for a living if we get too stuck ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/04/07 at 8:41 am

I've got to take my FIL to a doctors appointment and on the way home I'd like to stop at Payless to try and find a cute pair of shoes.

Later I'll take my daughter to her riding lessons.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/07 at 9:40 am

Going to a luncheon.

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/04/07 at 3:26 pm

I think i may have successfully got Julie's 443 songs loaded back onto her Ipod that I deleted a few months ago.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/07 at 4:02 pm

went to my program and got my Mother a present for her birthday. :)

Written By: jackas on 04/04/07 at 4:25 pm

I got my hair cut for the first time in a year.  I had them dye it too.  I feel much better now.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/04/07 at 4:28 pm

Went to work, and you can just imagine my dismay when the crane broke down and it began to sleet.  :(

Written By: nally on 04/04/07 at 5:12 pm

I got my hair cut for the first time in a year.  I had them dye it too.  I feel much better now.

Ooh....will you post a picture for us when you get the chance? ;)

I last had my hair cut in January...three months ago. I do not feel overdue for another cut anytime soon, although by the end of this month I will probably need one.

Anyway, today I went shopping for a birthday gift for my dad, who will turn 54 next Monday. :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/04/07 at 5:13 pm

That wink scares me.

Written By: nally on 04/04/07 at 5:15 pm

That wink scares me.

Sorry man.

At least I didn't use the emoticon that inserts a hyphen between two ^ marks.

Written By: gemini on 04/04/07 at 5:33 pm

Had to work, then came home to a sparkling clean house and dinner being cooked by Linz and her boyfriend.  I was pleasantly surprised.  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/05/07 at 2:03 am

did you say dye? is it black or red?

I did it, I restored all 433 songs back onto Julie's Ipod, that I had mistakenly deleted. glory glory!!!  :)  now she'll have tunes to listen to on her flight when she goes to Europe next week.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/05/07 at 8:07 am

Had to work, then came home to a sparkling clean house and dinner being cooked by Linz and her boyfriend.  I was pleasantly surprised.  :)
Linz and her boyfriend can come to my house.....I've NEVER come home and had dinner being cooked by ANYONE :(

Today, I'm going to work on revising the term paper I did a few years ago for my psych class to add the stuff that I need for my English class (the previous one was strictly informative, this one is persuasive.)  Our outlines are due Monday and our rough drafts and the stupid webography next Friday. 

Written By: Gis on 04/05/07 at 8:14 am

Finished my final missing book list just before lunch so as it's a beautiful day out there I had an ice cream as a reward.  :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/05/07 at 12:31 pm

I think I'm going to make some banana bread this afternoon.  Why is it that the kids always beg for bananas, then, when I get them some, they don't eat them?  Oh well, I loves me some banana bread :P

Written By: gemini on 04/05/07 at 1:14 pm

Linz and her boyfriend can come to my house.....I've NEVER come home and had dinner being cooked by ANYONE :(

Today, I'm going to work on revising the term paper I did a few years ago for my psych class to add the stuff that I need for my English class (the previous one was strictly informative, this one is persuasive.)  Our outlines are due Monday and our rough drafts and the stupid webography next Friday. 

Haha! That was a once in a lifetime occurance. I think she was trying to impress the new guy, because she even did the dishes afterwards.  :o

Written By: Howard on 04/05/07 at 2:11 pm

I volunteered and cahsed my SSI check.

Written By: nally on 04/05/07 at 2:43 pm

I'll be staying at home all day.

Written By: Davester on 04/05/07 at 3:07 pm

Going to work...

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/05/07 at 4:02 pm

Made banana bread with the overripe bananas and ate a piece while it was still warm with a little bit of butter :P

Written By: danootaandme on 04/05/07 at 4:50 pm

Made banana bread with the overripe bananas and ate a piece while it was still warm with a little bit of butter :P

dibs,(board it)  I'll bring the coffee    :)

Written By: gemini on 04/05/07 at 4:56 pm

Ohhhh, I want some!

Just woke up from a little cat nap. I'm more tired now than I was before.  :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 04/05/07 at 4:59 pm

Ohhhh, I want some!

I hate when that happens, but it usually means you are quite exhausted, your bodies when of telling you. ;)

Written By: gemini on 04/05/07 at 5:02 pm

I hate when that happens, but it usually means you are quite exhausted, your bodies when of telling you. ;)

I must always be quite exhausted!  ;D As soon as the weather gets nice, it'll get alot better though.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/05/07 at 6:28 pm

I worked today, now I am just chillin' 8)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/06/07 at 9:26 am

dibs,(board it)  I'll bring the coffee    :)

Ohhhh, I want some!

Come on over ;D  There's some with chopped walnuts and some without :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/06/07 at 10:39 am

Well....this morning Vaughn and I made some yummy peanut butter & jelly french toast...then we colored Easter eggs.  Later, Vaughn is going over to his mother's house...and I am going up to our church to see the final presentation of our Easter play.  Beth's boyfriend Justin and his family are coming tonight, so I have to save seats for them.

Written By: gemini on 04/06/07 at 10:42 am

Well....this morning Vaughn and I made some yummy peanut butter & jelly french toast...then we colored Easter eggs.  Later, Vaughn is going over to his mother's house...and I am going up to our church to see the final presentation of our Easter play.  Beth's boyfriend Justin and his family are coming tonight, so I have to save seats for them.

I don't think we'll be coloring eggs this year. There's nobody left that has an interest, but maybe I'll just do it for myself.  :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/06/07 at 10:42 am

I don't think we'll be coloring eggs this year. There's nobody left that has an interest, but maybe I'll just do it for myself.  :-\\

aww...ya, you should do it anyway..they are nice to look at when they are all pretty and colorful! :)

Written By: gemini on 04/06/07 at 10:54 am

aww...ya, you should do it anyway..they are nice to look at when they are all pretty and colorful! :)

Yea, I think I will, then I can take them to Shauna's house and all the little kids that will be there can hunt them.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/06/07 at 11:00 am

Have a dentist appointment.  :P

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/06/07 at 11:13 am

I guess I gotta go buy some eggs, I got the dye the other day and I forgot the eggs.  STUPID!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/06/07 at 11:28 am

I guess I gotta go buy some eggs, I got the dye the other day and I forgot the eggs.  STUPID!!

hahah....that's like me..I got that family size pack, and as I was taking them out of the fridge today, I nearly dropped all of them! :D

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/06/07 at 1:38 pm

I was suppose to do a bunch of things today,but the weather was so nice i just had to go to the beach!

And tonight i have to babysit my friends kiddies,hopefully they won't be too hyper,i love to babysit babies who just sleep ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/06/07 at 2:10 pm

I volunteered today.

Written By: Gis on 04/06/07 at 2:14 pm

Oh God, my neighbours have been drinking since 10 am, it is now 8.15 and they are getting louder and louder and louder *SIGH*

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/06/07 at 4:01 pm

I was suppose to do a bunch of things today,but the weather was so nice i just had to go to the beach!

And tonight i have to babysit my friends kiddies,hopefully they won't be too hyper,i love to babysit babies who just sleep ;D

Just had to go to the beach, must be nice.  ;)  I wish I could go to the beach. 

Written By: danootaandme on 04/06/07 at 4:30 pm

Well this just stinks.  There is a problem with my oil burner and it's the Easter weekend so I am heatless until Monday during this unseasonably cold season.  Sig is going to take us in, but still.... :(

Written By: gemini on 04/06/07 at 5:18 pm

Well this just stinks.  There is a problem with my oil burner and it's the Easter weekend so I am heatless until Monday during this unseasonably cold season.  Sig is going to take us in, but still.... :(

I feel for you. I thought we were going to make it without having to buy anymore fuel oil for the season since it warmed up. Then we get this cold snap and we only have between a quarter tank and empty. So I'm keeping the heat down and trying to dress warm and hopefully we'll make it through. If not, I'll have to order the minimum amount they'll let you order which is 100 gallons and that'll cost about 250.00 to 300.00 depending on what the price decides to be the day I order it.  :P

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/06/07 at 5:27 pm

Just had to go to the beach, must be nice.  ;)  I wish I could go to the beach. 

;D
The ocean is powerfull,when it calls...you have to obey

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/06/07 at 6:52 pm

Lady Di is home making nachos for our poker party tonight, so we'll be up late with our friends playing cards, and Julie is on a plane right now with her Art History class on their way to Italy and France. so just me and lady Di for the next ten days, poor Diane  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/evilgrin1.gif

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/06/07 at 7:03 pm

Lady Di is home making nachos for our poker party tonight, so we'll be up late with our friends playing cards, and Julie is on a plane right now with her Art History class on their way to Italy and France. so just me and lady Di for the next ten days, poor Diane  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/evilgrin1.gif

That's so awesome,is it the first time she's coming to Europe?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/06/07 at 7:10 pm

That's so awesome,is it the first time she's coming to Europe?
yes, that lucky kid! i never even got to leave California when i was in high school  :(  she's gonna have fun as they tour all the museums and galleries and historics places.

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/06/07 at 7:16 pm

yes, that lucky kid! i never even got to leave California when i was in high school  :(   she's gonna have fun as they tour all the museums and galleries and historics places.

She's going to love it, France and Italy are a teenager's dream in more ways than one.
Ask Tia about this movie Little Romance.

Ooops,this your daughter right? Forget that... :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/06/07 at 7:23 pm

She's going to love it, France and Italy are a teenager's dream in more ways than one.
Ask Tia about this movie Little Romance.

Ooops,this your daughter right? Forget that... :-\\
;D ;D I know that movie and just last night i was telling Julie not to trust the young Italians or the smooth talking French, that they'll tell you they love you wit'a all a their heart.  of course i was being semi funny and semi serious, & right now I'm not even semi sure.  I'm happy for her to get to go with many of her classmates and friends, it will be memorable for sure.

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/06/07 at 7:33 pm

;D ;D I know that movie and just last night i was telling Julie not to trust the young Italians or the smooth talking French, that they'll tell you they love you wit'a all a their heart.  of course i was being semi funny and semi serious, & right now I'm not even semi sure.  I'm happy for her to get to go with many of her classmates and friends, it will be memorable for sure.

Mike, you're such a cool dad 8)

Expect to have an even greater daughter when she gets back. Traveling on your own,without the parents, is a life exchanging experience.

Written By: nally on 04/06/07 at 11:52 pm

Today...I spent a good part of the day cleaning up the house. For the past three hours, I have been watching baseball games on TV.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/07/07 at 4:51 am

Mike, you're such a cool dad 8)

Expect to have an even greater daughter when she gets back. Traveling on your own,without the parents, is a life exchanging experience.
awww, thanks Isabel, I appreciate that. I trust her to have a good time and stay safe and make wise decisions for herself. I'm really envious of all the fun she's having. She has a remarkable skill in enjoying a fun social life while maintaining high academic standards. It pleases me to be her dad and to help give her a good start & see her enjoy her life. plus she's an only kid, so I spoil her a little bit. So how changed is she going to be?  :o  you're right, she should come back changed some, hopefully all good stuf  8)

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/07/07 at 6:39 am

awww, thanks Isabel, I appreciate that. I trust her to have a good time and stay safe and make wise decisions for herself. I'm really envious of all the fun she's having. She has a remarkable skill in enjoying a fun social life while maintaining high academic standards. It pleases me to be her dad and to help give her a good start & see her enjoy her life. plus she's an only kid, so I spoil her a little bit. So how changed is she going to be?  :o  you're right, she should come back changed some, hopefully all good stuf  8)

It's just that,at least from my experience,when you travel abroad you learn so much and start to see things in a completely different light,plus being away from your home and family for awhile will only make you appreciate them more when you get back. So it will be all good,you'll see :)

Written By: Howard on 04/07/07 at 6:49 am

I'm going to spend time with an old friend of mine.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/07/07 at 7:25 am

Good for her, and you.  I did a bit of traveling in my younger days and it gave me more than a book ever did(and I am a big fan of books).  It will change her and for the better.  The next move is for her to become a great success, happy with her chosen field, and making enough money to send you and Lady Di on a world tour of your own.  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/07/07 at 9:33 am

The kids and I are going to the library and then later tonight we're going to see "Thomas and Freinds Live".  ::)

Written By: nally on 04/07/07 at 11:44 am

Tonight I'll be at church for the Easter Vigil mass, which usually lasts about 3 hours.

Written By: nally on 04/07/07 at 12:01 pm

vigil? what are they watching for? i always wondered about that.

Oh, sorry. "Vigil" in the Catholic church is a term for the mass (service) that is held on Saturday evenings. People often come to that if they don't feel like coming on Sunday morning. Somethin' like that.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/07/07 at 7:46 pm

The kids and I are going to the library and then later tonight we're going to see "Thomas and Freinds Live".   ::)

I just got back from the most God-awful show.  Thomas and Friends sucked, big time.  BORING!!

Not that I expected it to be good but I was hoping it would keep the kids entertained.  Hunter wanted to leave at intermission...so we did.

Written By: jackas on 04/07/07 at 8:18 pm

I last had my hair cut in January...three months ago. I do not feel overdue for another cut anytime soon, although by the end of this month I will probably need one.

:D  You know, I haven't posted a picture in a long time.  If I take a new one soon, I'll def. post it.

did you say dye? is it black or red?

My hair is dark brown.  I'm too chicken to do red.

Written By: jackas on 04/07/07 at 8:22 pm

Poor neighbors! ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/07/07 at 9:53 pm

I went and got my haircut this morning (I feel so much better now)...then we went to the mall and Vaughn was a terror. We stopped by Chick-fil-A for lunch, but decided to bring it home to eat. Then...I went to work tonight.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/07/07 at 11:45 pm

It's just that,at least from my experience,when you travel abroad you learn so much and start to see things in a completely different light,plus being away from your home and family for awhile will only make you appreciate them more when you get back. So it will be all good,you'll see :)
You're not much older than Julie so you have a good idea of what she's in store for. This will be the longest she's been away from home (9 days) I think we'll appreciate her more too. can't wait to hear the tales of her adventures, at least the ones that she doesn't mind me knowing about.  ;D      I don't wanna hear about no Girls Gone Wild party stuff  >:(

Good for her, and you.  I did a bit of traveling in my younger days and it gave me more than a book ever did(and I am a big fan of books).  It will change her and for the better.  The next move is for her to become a great success, happy with her chosen field, and making enough money to send you and Lady Di on a world tour of your own.   ;D
I know it will be good for her and will help mature her more. Thanks for sharing those thoughts, because I'm thinkimg the same things and hoping good things will be in her fututre. Although, I have a feeling I'm working until I'm 65  ;D

I had a feeling it was neither black nor red, and if you were gonna go different, it should be blond like that one pic you used to have on here, which was the first one I think I saw of you Chrissy. Dark brown is fine since brunette is my favorite

Poor neighbors! ;)
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_rr.gif oh yeah!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/07/07 at 11:51 pm

Happy Easter!

Easter Sunday is spent doing as little as possible, and that is what I've done today.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/07/07 at 11:53 pm

Happy Easter!

Easter Sunday is spent doing as little as possible, and that is what I've done today.
Happy Easter Luke. have a good day

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/08/07 at 6:23 am

You're not much older than Julie so you have a good idea of what she's in store for. This will be the longest she's been away from home (9 days) I think we'll appreciate her more too. can't wait to hear the tales of her adventures, at least the ones that she doesn't mind me knowing about.  ;D      I don't wanna hear about no Girls Gone Wild party stuff  >:(

Bless you for saying i'm not much older than Julie,if only  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 04/08/07 at 6:25 am

Today we will go see mum at the nursing home, charge up her Ipod, hold her hand. We will then go to my sisters house for dinner.

Written By: gemini on 04/08/07 at 9:33 am

Going to my daughters for a big family Easter get together, hiding eggs for the little ones and just having a nice visit with all of the family.  :)

Written By: jackas on 04/08/07 at 11:17 am

Going to my daughters for a big family Easter get together, hiding eggs for the little ones and just having a nice visit with all of the family.  :)

Awww...that sounds nice.  Have a great time today!

Written By: Brian06 on 04/08/07 at 1:23 pm

I'll be going to the annual family Easter get together later.

Written By: spaceace on 04/08/07 at 1:26 pm

Going over to my parents house, so I can eat and see my favorite Uncle.

Written By: Howard on 04/08/07 at 2:06 pm

I went to see "Are We Done Yet"?

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/08/07 at 7:38 pm

I figured I'd be going over to my sister-in-law's house for dinner and an egg hunt but no one ever called me and this morning when we tried to call her she wasn't there, so I cooked my own Easter dinner and we our eggs in the yard, turned on the bubble blower and watched the kids have a good time. 

She cooked dinner for the other members of the family but I guess they forgot to tell us what the plans were. 

Written By: nally on 04/08/07 at 7:47 pm

Today we went out to an Easter Sunday brunch at a restaurant, not only for the Easter holiday, but also for my dad's birthday. He turns 54 tomorrow. :)

Written By: nally on 04/08/07 at 7:49 pm

:D  You know, I haven't posted a picture in a long time.  If I take a new one soon, I'll def. post it.

Whatever color your hair is, I'm sure it looks just fine. :) You're right, it has been a while since I last saw a pic of you.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/12/07 at 6:41 am

Today, I'm doing laundry, finishing The Mill On the Floss (maybe), working on my research paper (or one of the other 2 I have due at the end of the month), and doing some basic cleaning....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/12/07 at 10:31 am

Today....not much...tonight we are going to look at cars.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/12/07 at 10:35 am

I had to take the kids for they're annual check-up, both are very healthy.  They're both in the 90th percentile for height which means they're tall...I don't know how that happened since my husband and I are short.  :-\\

Nothing planned for the rest of the day.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/12/07 at 10:52 am

I'm leaving for work in 20 minutes, then I have a eye appt today for a complete exam, then Thursday night softball league opens tonight. and then maybe some pizza after

Written By: KKay on 04/12/07 at 11:49 am

i went to work and was sent home becuase of the big storm here.  then i went with step-dad to perkins for breakfast.
now i'm doing this.
later i take bode to obedience school.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/12/07 at 12:09 pm

I'm not doing anything today.  I'm at work now.  Afterward I'll go home and attempt to force myself to exercise.  After that I'll sit on my butt until it's time to make dinner.  BORING.

Written By: Tia on 04/12/07 at 12:13 pm

I'm not doing anything today.  I'm at work now.  Afterward I'll go home and attempt to force myself to exercise.  After that I'll sit on my butt until it's time to make dinner.  BORING.
just order pizza. eff em!

Written By: KKay on 04/12/07 at 12:15 pm

yeah!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/12/07 at 12:19 pm

yeah!

I just had pizza the other day.  I'm going to make tacos.   I'm also going to end all of my posts with this face today.  >:(

Written By: Tia on 04/12/07 at 12:20 pm

yeah!

>:(

Written By: KKay on 04/12/07 at 12:27 pm

>:(

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/12/07 at 1:31 pm

I'll trade places with you......

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/12/07 at 1:33 pm

I'm going to see a new place tonight,i need all the luck in the world :-\\

Written By: KKay on 04/12/07 at 1:33 pm

good luck!!!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/12/07 at 1:36 pm

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you....

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/12/07 at 1:49 pm

good luck!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you....

Aww thank you,chicas :)

I really need to move...Right now i can hear a football game on TV,someone listening to opera and what it seem to be somekind of animal cruelty ritual going on upstairs :o

Written By: KKay on 04/12/07 at 1:51 pm

Aww thank you,chicas :)

I really need to move...Right now i can hear a football game on TV,someone listening to opera and what it seem to be somekind of animal cruelty ritual going on upstairs :o

yikes!! light a match and run! :o

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/12/07 at 2:03 pm

I'll trade places with you......

I guess I shouldn't bitch.  I'm just restless lately.

I'll keep my fingers crossed too!

Written By: Howard on 04/12/07 at 2:40 pm

I volunteered today.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/13/07 at 1:44 am

hope you get the perfect place. best of luck to you Isabel.

we opened our Thursday night softball league with a 12-1 win. I played good for an old guy  8)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/13/07 at 10:34 am

Just got back from the doctor with the middle one & the hubby....the middle one got his cast off, but no sports/gym for 3 weeks and hubby has 1 more week with the brace.

In a little while, I'm off to class, then back home for homework :P

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/13/07 at 10:49 am

Balanced the check book and paid some bills this morning.  :(

Got to take my father-in-law to the Dollar Store (I HATE the Dollar Store), pick Megan up from school, and then ome home and do some laundry.

Blah.

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/13/07 at 11:16 am

I guess I shouldn't bitch.  I'm just restless lately.

I'll keep my fingers crossed too!

hope you get the perfect place. best of luck to you Isabel.

Thank you guys,it went well,they're deciding between me and this other guy,but we all know men are slobs so i think i might be in :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/13/07 at 12:09 pm

I have no idea what I am doing later. So far, I went with Beth to get her car inspected..it passed. Then...I went thrift shopping a bit...now I am at my parent's house. I cleaned the house for my mom, because I'm a nice daughter! LOL!  Chris wants to drive some golf balls later...if the weather gets nicer...darn rain...but I have no idea what else is happening.

Written By: Howard on 04/13/07 at 2:28 pm

I volunteered for what may have been the final last time.

Written By: KKay on 04/13/07 at 5:49 pm

today....

what i want to do and what i have to do are two different things.

Written By: Tia on 04/13/07 at 5:51 pm

today....

what i want to do and what i have to do are two different things.
neglect your duties. that's what i do.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/13/07 at 8:06 pm

I'm going to pick up drugs after work, and then going to a birthday party where I hear there is going to be a lot of food, and I'm glad because I didn't eat lunch today.

Written By: KKay on 04/13/07 at 8:08 pm

that's it.
i gotta go out.
i'm bringing the computer to the bar.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/13/07 at 8:17 pm

that's it.
i gotta go out.
i'm bringing the computer to the bar.
that's a good plan, have fun K,  and eat some bar food too  8)

Written By: Tia on 04/13/07 at 8:30 pm

try the tuna melt, it's excellent.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/13/07 at 8:32 pm

can you call in and order one for me too  :)

Written By: KKay on 04/13/07 at 8:37 pm

neglect your duties. that's what i do.

that's exactly what i'm going to do.

and am doing.

with beer.

Written By: Tia on 04/13/07 at 8:40 pm

that's exactly what i'm going to do.

and am doing.

with beer.
i'm doing it with whiskey. and country music.

Written By: KKay on 04/13/07 at 8:45 pm

i'm doing it with whiskey. and country music.

a song in itself.
i'm not going to be that cool. i'm going to bring the 'puter
and work on my dog club newsletter
and some music.

Written By: Tia on 04/13/07 at 8:46 pm

music is the greatest thing ever.

well, second greatest.

Written By: KKay on 04/13/07 at 8:50 pm

music is the greatest thing ever.

well, second greatest.

first is either....

me?
beer?
salvia?
kim?
the song Convoy?

Written By: Gis on 04/14/07 at 1:35 am

Work this morning. I was out on the razz last night so getting up this morning was pretty hard.  :P An old work collegue came back for a visit so we all went to the pub after work.  ;D 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/14/07 at 1:44 am

Work this morning. I was out on the razz last night so getting up this morning was pretty hard.  :P An old work collegue came back for a visit so we all went to the pub after work.  ;D 
how many pints did you down Gis? http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mUAeCBGv0MBlUejzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsMW5yM3VoBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTA2Nl84OA--/SIG=13b7e7ftv/EXP=1176619392/**http%3A//english.enorth.com.cn/bbcenglish/tae/furniture_455885/20060301162551beer_203.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 04/14/07 at 5:46 am

Today we go on our annual birthday trip to New York City.  Three nights, and for the first time the weather is not on our side, but, for the first time the hotel(Millenium Hilton) has installed 42" plasma high def television.  It may be impossible to get Jake away from that anyway  ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/14/07 at 6:51 am

I'm going to probably hang out with an old friend of mine.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/14/07 at 9:24 am

Going to the mall, I need a pair of shoes and my kids need some dress clothes because next weekend we're driving to NY for my niece's Communion.

Probably have Chinese for lunch.

Later today I hope to relax.

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/14/07 at 1:43 pm

My lovely friends are taking me out for a delicious indian meal! I love spicy :)

Written By: KKay on 04/14/07 at 3:48 pm

i got a haircut

now i'm going to get my things together and go to an art show opening then go right to a show we're playing at local club.

Written By: jackas on 04/14/07 at 5:58 pm

I went to see the movie Premonition.  It's was pretty good.  Now I'm off to go to dinner and a comedy show downtown.

Written By: Tia on 04/14/07 at 7:35 pm

I went to see the movie Premonition.  It's was pretty good.  Now I'm off to go to dinner and a comedy show downtown.
that reminds me my link to the hilarious new yorker review of "premonition." i think it got lost in the great inthe00s Post Fire of Easter 2007.

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/cinema/2007/03/26/070326crci_cinema_lane?currentPage=2

"The chronology is all chewed up, with Linda waking the day after the funeral to learn that Jim is still alive, then waking again to find the opposite, and so on. It might have been simpler to call the movie “Groundhog Death.” Slowly, a plot emerges. Just as the two daughters are seen, early on, carefully putting pieces into a jigsaw puzzle—well, now their mom has to solve a puzzle of her own. (“Reign Over Me” pulls an almost identical trick. I live for these delicate hints.) Linda discovers, thanks to her Sibylline gift, that Jim is about to sneak off with a colleague named Claire (Amber Valletta), and that it is en route to the tryst that he will crash and burn. According to Linda, “Maybe it was supposed to happen. Even though he didn’t do anything yet, maybe it was enough that he was going to.” This was a new one to me: “Minority Report” for the lustful. In short, the moral of “Premonition” is that you can expect to be killed for wanting to sleep with Amber Valletta. According to my calculations, this means that ten million Americans will die by tomorrow morning, half of them in the shower."

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/14/07 at 9:46 pm

We went to the car dealer and made a deal on a car (a 2004 Dodge Stratus)...not brand new, but still a great deal. Then, I worked the rest of the day.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/14/07 at 11:04 pm

We went to the car dealer and made a deal on a car (a 2004 Dodge Stratus)...not brand new, but still a great deal. Then, I worked the rest of the day.

Did you get it?

My last car was the only new car I've ever purchased, usually we buy a used/program car.  We've never had a problem and you get a great deal.

Written By: La Roche on 04/14/07 at 11:13 pm

I thought we decided the wraps were better?

Tuna Melt is better at Cricket Guy's bar.

Written By: La Roche on 04/14/07 at 11:16 pm

I did the exciting day at Lowe's.

I'm finishing my Grandparents basement for them so that's been my big thing recently.

Picked up a bunch of crap to finish off the wiring.

I got some outstanding news today.

UMSL have offered me a part scholarship, so I have to decide if I want to spend a couple of years in the mid-west (which I don't particularly care for) but finish my degree on the cheap.. or head off to places unknown but.. not finish it.

Admittedly, I'm thinking I'll finish it here and then to abuse a term "Get the f**k out of Dodge."

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/14/07 at 11:29 pm

I did the exciting day at Lowe's.

I'm finishing my Grandparents basement for them so that's been my big thing recently.

Picked up a bunch of crap to finish off the wiring.

I got some outstanding news today.

UMSL have offered me a part scholarship, so I have to decide if I want to spend a couple of years in the mid-west (which I don't particularly care for) but finish my degree on the cheap.. or head off to places unknown but.. not finish it.

Admittedly, I'm thinking I'll finish it here and then to abuse a term "Get the f**k out of Dodge."
that's good news Davey and it's cool to have a choices. choose wisely  8)

Written By: nally on 04/14/07 at 11:42 pm

Well...today we went to a buffet at a restaurant called The Odyssey, for a birthday celebration for my great aunt, who turned 80 earlier this week. It was lotsa fun; we had a great time...and I ate a lotta food. There were 16 of us altogether.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/14/07 at 11:50 pm

Well...today we went to a buffet at a restaurant called The Odyssey, for a birthday celebration for my great aunt, who turned 80 earlier this week. It was lotsa fun; we had a great time...and I ate a lotta food. There were 16 of us altogether.
Happy birthday to Aunt of nally. sounds like a good family get together

Written By: nally on 04/14/07 at 11:58 pm

Happy birthday to Aunt of nally. sounds like a good family get together

Actually great-aunt, like I said above. She's my maternal grandma's youngest sister. I always refer to my great-aunts and great-uncles as "Aunt" and "Uncle" anyways. :)

Jeffrey

Written By: Gis on 04/15/07 at 7:12 am

how many pints did you down Gis? http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mUAeCBGv0MBlUejzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsMW5yM3VoBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTA2Nl84OA--/SIG=13b7e7ftv/EXP=1176619392/**http%3A//english.enorth.com.cn/bbcenglish/tae/furniture_455885/20060301162551beer_203.jpg
Only three, I had to work the next day so I was a good girl! 

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/15/07 at 7:20 am

I plan on doing a little clothes shopping for my upcoming trip to New York City in May! :)

Written By: Howard on 04/15/07 at 7:24 am

I plan on doing a little clothes shopping for my upcoming trip to New York City in May! :)

So you're coming to New York City? :)

Written By: Tia on 04/15/07 at 9:07 am

hide your daughters!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/15/07 at 10:34 am

hide your daughters!
If they've survived Howard, I'm sure 80sTrivMeister's no worry ;)

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/15/07 at 10:49 am

I have to clean out my car today, I'm getting it ready for our trip to New York on Thursday.

My kids leave so much crap in the car!  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 04/15/07 at 11:59 am

I have to clean out my car today, I'm getting it ready for our trip to New York on Thursday.

My kids leave so much crap in the car!   ;D

Driving to New York? Have fun  :P

I am trying to do the New York Times Crossword puzzle, this one is harder than usual; it's kicking my a$$

Written By: Howard on 04/15/07 at 12:37 pm

Can't do anything anyway,too much heavy rain,flooding and wind gusts up to 40-50 MPH,I was going to go out but then I said I'm going to stay home and have soup and a sandwich.

Written By: Southern Image on 04/15/07 at 12:44 pm

I cleaned my room and did tons of laundry.

Written By: wildcard on 04/15/07 at 1:04 pm

I'm going to take back some game crowns

Written By: Gis on 04/15/07 at 2:14 pm

Spent the afternoon in the garden, it's starting to look great. I also went to visit my neighbour whose been very ill so it's the first time I have actually met her even though we have lived here 8 months now, she is really sweet  and it's good to know she is getting better.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/07 at 4:20 pm

Did you get it?

My last car was the only new car I've ever purchased, usually we buy a used/program car.  We've never had a problem and you get a great deal.

yes, we got it. It's a sandstone color with a black interior...very nice.  We've never had a brand new vehicle...they've always been a few years old....but they serve their purpose. ;)

Today is a lazy day...we went to church and out to breakfast with some friends....then we came home and took a nap...now we are getting ready to eat dinner.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/15/07 at 4:24 pm

yes, we got it. It's a sandstone color with a black interior...very nice.  We've never had a brand new vehicle...they've always been a few years old....but they serve their purpose. ;)

Today is a lazy day...we went to church and out to breakfast with some friends....then we came home and took a nap...now we are getting ready to eat dinner.
congrats on the new car Erin. that's great  :) 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/07 at 4:25 pm

congrats on the new car Erin. that's great  :) 

Thanks Mike! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/15/07 at 4:26 pm

Thanks Mike! :)
does it have a cd player?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/07 at 4:28 pm

does it have a cd player?

yes, it has a cd player...I was happy about that, because our other car has a 6 cd player...so I was hoping for at least one.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/15/07 at 4:38 pm

yes, it has a cd player...I was happy about that, because our other car has a 6 cd player...so I was hoping for at least one.  ;D
yeah, one is all you need. cool. Dodge Stratus is a good looking car

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/07 at 4:39 pm

yeah, one is all you need. cool. Dodge Stratus is a good looking car

ya, it seems like a sturdy vehicle...that's a good thing. ;)

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/15/07 at 6:14 pm

Driving to New York? Have fun  :P

I am trying to do the New York Times Crossword puzzle, this one is harder than usual; it's kicking my a$$

I'll be happy when we get there.  I'm driving the whole way, my husband has to work (and take care of his dad).  I have never done the trip alone.  The only thing I'm nervous about is driving over the Outerbridge...I hate driving over bridges and this one is especailly narrow.  :o :o

Do you do it in pen or pencil? 

I'm glad you got the car.  Best of luck!  :)

Written By: loki 13 on 04/15/07 at 6:25 pm

Do you do it in pen or pencil? 

How long is the trip, you're just outside of Bristol, right?

I never use a pencil.  ;D

As I said, this puzzle is kicking my a$$, so far, all day and I'm a little more than half done.
I won't let it beat me though.  ;)

Written By: La Roche on 04/15/07 at 7:09 pm

Went to the ballgame. Albert cut loose, hit 2 homers, 5 RBI's.. my man Chris Duncan had a great game, I got all teary eyed when they were showing the Jackie Robinson tribute videos.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/15/07 at 7:16 pm

How long is the trip, you're just outside of Bristol, right?

I never use a pencil.  ;D

As I said, this puzzle is kicking my a$$, so far, all day and I'm a little more than half done.
I won't let it beat me though.  ;)

Yep, I'm in Bristol. 

If my husband drives...8 1/2 - 9 hours.

Me with 2 kids...12-13 hours!!  ;D

The only crosswords I do are in People Magazine!! ;D :D  I hope you finish it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/07 at 7:21 pm

Right now I am eating ice cream and listening to my Sunday night Doo Wop music....while posting here, and checking out some other websites.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/15/07 at 7:37 pm

Congratulations on the new car Erin!  Sounds pretty sweet!

I'm listening to Renegade Retro radio and just chillin out on the boards.  I'd like to go out for a ride but the hubster doesn't feel like going out.  *shrugs her shoulders*    Working on some photoshoped pictures for some friends on Renegade Retro message board.  I always have fun doing that.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/07 at 7:58 pm

Congratulations on the new car Erin!  Sounds pretty sweet!

thanks Patty! :)

Written By: nally on 04/15/07 at 8:24 pm

You got a new car? How nice. O0 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/07 at 8:32 pm

You got a new car? How nice. O0 8)

yes...it's a newer car..but new to us, nonetheless. Thanks! :)

Written By: nally on 04/15/07 at 8:38 pm

yes...it's a newer car..but new to us, nonetheless. Thanks! :)

So it isn't brand new then? Gotcha.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/07 at 9:01 pm

So it isn't brand new then? Gotcha.

nope, it's a 2004, but it only has about 45,000 miles on it.

Written By: nally on 04/15/07 at 9:06 pm

Wow, 45,000 miles in 3 years...that's an average of 15,000 miles a year. I guess the person who owned it before you did a lot of driving.

We've had a Toyota Camry for 15 years (we got it brand new), and for the first ten years we had it, we did lotsa driving, cuz we'd be commuting long distances. Now it has almost 263,000 miles on it.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/15/07 at 9:09 pm

The only crosswords I do are in People Magazine!! ;D :D  I hope you finish it.

Finally broke the theme, the Philadelphia Inquirer runs a syndicated N.Y. Times puzzle so it's a week behind the Times.
The theme for this puzzle is anagrams, I hate anagrams. At least I'm just about finished

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/07 at 9:40 pm

Wow, 45,000 miles in 3 years...that's an average of 15,000 miles a year. I guess the person who owned it before you did a lot of driving.

We've had a Toyota Camry for 15 years (we got it brand new), and for the first ten years we had it, we did lotsa driving, cuz we'd be commuting long distances. Now it has almost 263,000 miles on it.

WOW!! Does it still run well? I think if you do the proper maintenance on a car...then chances are you will have it for a long time.

Written By: nally on 04/15/07 at 9:42 pm

WOW!! Does it still run well? I think if you do the proper maintenance on a car...then chances are you will have it for a long time.

Yes, we have been getting it properly maintained every time it needs one. As a result, it still runs just fine! However, the air conditioner is broke, and the AM radio doesn't work anymore.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/07 at 10:02 pm

Yes, we have been getting it properly maintained every time it needs one. As a result, it still runs just fine! However, the air conditioner is broke, and the AM radio doesn't work anymore.

that's impressive though..considering the very high mileage! ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/16/07 at 12:17 am

I've got a 2004 Toyota Highlander with 60,000 miles on it, but it's still runs and looks like new.

we went out to dinner at Tahoe Joe's steakhouse for our friends birthday, then came back here so she could open presents and we ate chocolate cake and strawberries & played cards, and now everyone has gone home.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/16/07 at 4:44 am

Yes, my sister and I will be renting an apartment in the East Village for an entire week the last of May! Can't wait!!! :)

Written By: Howard on 04/16/07 at 6:41 am

Yes, my sister and I will be renting an apartment in the East Village for an entire week the last of May! Can't wait!!! :)

Great,I'm looking forward to seeing you,hopefully. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/16/07 at 6:44 am

Right now I am eating ice cream and listening to my Sunday night Doo Wop music....while posting here, and checking out some other websites.

Have you tried The DooWop Cafe?

Written By: Howard on 04/16/07 at 6:47 am

I'm going back to Pathmark to fill out W2 forms for taxes and paperwork,probably watch an orientation film then probably get the hours and days.Depending on the hours and days at Pathmark,I don't think I'll be posting on here as much as I used to cause I'll be so busy there from working and coming home late.But,We'll see what happens today,I'll let you all know. :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/16/07 at 6:57 am

I'm going back to Pathmark to fill out W2 forms for taxes and paperwork,probably watch an orientation film then probably get the hours and days.Depending on the hours and days at Pathmark,I don't think I'll be posting on here as much as I used to cause I'll be so busy there from working and coming home late.But,We'll see what happens today,I'll let you all know. :)

What kind of company is this Pathmark? What are you going to do there? Hope it works out well for ya, Howie!

Written By: Howard on 04/16/07 at 6:58 am

What kind of company is this Pathmark? What are you going to do there? Hope it works out well for ya, Howie!

Pathmark is a supermarket.Doing the carts and collecting them,porter maintainence and garbage refuse.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/16/07 at 7:00 am

Pathmark is a supermarket.Doing the carts and collecting them,porter maintainence and garbage refuse.

Cool, I know it's not the most interesting job in the world, but at least you'll get to see Robyn more!  :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/16/07 at 7:02 am

Not really, 12,000-15,000 is the national average.  It's not excessive.  My Expedition is a 2004 that we bought new as well and I have (I think)46,000 miles on it. 

Written By: Howard on 04/16/07 at 7:03 am

Cool, I know it's not the most interesting job in the world, but at least you'll get to see Robyn more!  :)

Depending on my schedule It'll be part time about 25-30 hours a week and Robin comes home at about 5pm she works full time with a 40 hour week so Her And I will have to work around each other's schedule and see what happens.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/16/07 at 7:04 am

Depending on my schedule It'll be part time about 25-30 hours a week and Robin comes home at about 5pm she works full time with a 40 hour week so Her And I will have to work around each other's schedule and see what happens.

Yes, well there are always weekends etc...btw, do you have a photo of Robin? Just want to see who the lucky lady is!

Written By: Howard on 04/16/07 at 7:07 am

Yes, well there are always weekends etc...btw, do you have a photo of Robin? Just want to see who the lucky lady is!

Yeah,weekends are good.They might want me on the weekends too.

I think the photo of her is in Show Us What You Like thread from 2005.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/16/07 at 7:10 am

Yeah,weekends are good.They might want me on the weekends too.

I think the photo of her is in Show Us What You Like thread from 2005.

Sadly that thread no longer exists...oh well, that's a shame..unless you want to re-upload the post, but I don't want to make trouble for you.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/16/07 at 7:11 am

Sadly that thread no longer exists...oh well, that's a shame..unless you want to re-upload the post, but I don't want to make trouble for you.
She could always just check out Robin's jmatch profile......

Written By: Howard on 04/16/07 at 7:12 am

I could try and find it if you'd like.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/16/07 at 7:14 am

I could try and find it if you'd like.

That would be great!

Written By: Howard on 04/16/07 at 7:16 am

She could always just check out Robin's jmatch profile......

http://www.plentyoffish.com/member3632506.htm

She's going to continue to date me and still keep her profiles up,I don't get her.She's confusing.
Her And I still have good conversations and rapport over the phone.Maybe in the future if we see each other on a full time basis,I could get her to cancel all her accounts for good.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/16/07 at 7:18 am

http://www.plentyoffish.com/member3632506.htm

She's going to continue to date me and still keep her profiles up,I don't get her.She's confusing.
Her And I still have good conversations and rapport over the phone.Maybe in the future if we see each other on a full time basis,I could get her to cancel all her accounts for good.

Hmmm,  maybe she's still only got one foot in the water, not to worry Howie, you can still woo and charm her enough, I'm sure! She sounds nice from the profile. What sort of things do you like to do together?

Written By: Howard on 04/16/07 at 7:22 am

Hmmm,  maybe she's still only got one foot in the water, not to worry Howie, you can still woo and charm her enough, I'm sure! She sounds nice from the profile. What sort of things do you like to do together?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11973.0;attach=7277

Here's another one from July 3rd 2005.

Once in a while we go out and sometimes we just stay at home watching movies and making out.It's hard to make love to someone when they still have their photos up on a dating website.I guess she's doing this because if I mess up,She might resort to that instead.Her And I have been going out for about almost 2 1/2 years,It's a hard struggle to keep her,but I'm doing my very best.All she wants is a guy with a job and who knows,Maybe I'm the one,you never know.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/16/07 at 7:23 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11973.0;attach=7277

Here's another one from July 3rd 2005.

Nice one, you look uber cool in that one.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/16/07 at 7:28 am

Nice one, you look uber cool in that one.  ;)

That's with my sunglasses on. ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/16/07 at 9:53 am

I am working now, and then I'm off to the craft store.  I have to buy some gold thread and denim needles so I can hem some new jeans I bought over the weekend.  I thought they'd shrink if I washed them in hot water, but they didn't.  I also need to get some paint brushes - I've been really crafty lately, and I'm currently painting a ceramic piggy bank that my mother in law got for me.  It's fun to be domestic! 

Written By: La Roche on 04/16/07 at 10:04 am

I am working now, and then I'm off to the craft store.  I have to buy some gold thread and denim needles so I can hem some new jeans I bought over the weekend.  I thought they'd shrink if I washed them in hot water, but they didn't.  I also need to get some paint brushes - I've been really crafty lately, and I'm currently painting a ceramic piggy bank that my mother in law got for me.  It's fun to be domestic! 

Or handy as I prefer to call it.. domestic sounds a bit gay when applied to a guy.  ;D

So I've been busy this morning. I got a load of 2x4's and started battoning the walls in the basement, took apart the old built in units and took them to the dump.. later I'm gonna go to Home Depot and get some paint and moulding.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/16/07 at 10:12 am

Or handy as I prefer to call it.. domestic sounds a bit gay when applied to a guy.  ;D

So I've been busy this morning. I got a load of 2x4's and started battoning the walls in the basement, took apart the old built in units and took them to the dump.. later I'm gonna go to Home Depot and get some paint and moulding.

What does battoning mean?

Written By: Gis on 04/16/07 at 10:27 am

I've got one of those piggy banks too, I haven't even got round to openning the box for mine. :-[

Written By: La Roche on 04/16/07 at 10:34 am

Essentially making a framework to put the new walls up to.

I always use the wrong words, but I know what I mean.

Written By: karen on 04/16/07 at 10:35 am

What are you using to make the new walls.?

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/16/07 at 10:45 am

We call it "framing" here....

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/16/07 at 10:46 am

well, duh!!!  wood, silly :D

I sure hope she knows I'm kidding

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/16/07 at 10:47 am

I've got one of those piggy banks too, I haven't even got round to openning the box for mine. :-

It's good that someone does...

Written By: La Roche on 04/16/07 at 10:48 am

... wood...

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/16/07 at 10:49 am

You do?!?  That's so funny!  I've had mine for like 2 months, and just opened it yesterday.  The paint that comes with it is pretty good, but the brush is awful.  You should get a new one before you start.

It's good that someone does...

Why do they always give you crappy brushes with stuff like that?  I got some touch-up paint for my vehicle and the parts guy told me NOT to use the brush that comes in it because it doesn't work very well....

Written By: karen on 04/16/07 at 10:50 am

... wood...

Wasn't sure if you would use plasterboard or aquaboard or something.  It never occurred to me that you would use wood!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/16/07 at 10:59 am

Why do they always give you crappy brushes with stuff like that?  I got some touch-up paint for my vehicle and the parts guy told me NOT to use the brush that comes in it because it doesn't work very well....

I know!  It's such crap!  I'm kind of ok with it though, just because it gives me an excuse to buy a nice set of brushes, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Written By: La Roche on 04/16/07 at 11:00 am

Wasn't sure if you would use plasterboard or aquaboard or something.  It never occurred to me that you would use wood!

Just fairly thin panneling. It's not got to be amazing seeing as it's the basement. No point spending a lot of money on something that's only going to be used half the year. (There's a big open fire down there so during the winter, basement becomes the living room.)

Written By: Gis on 04/16/07 at 2:23 pm

Just fairly thin panneling. It's not got to be amazing seeing as it's the basement. No point spending a lot of money on something that's only going to be used half the year. (There's a big open fire down there so during the winter, basement becomes the living room.)
Sounds cosy.

Written By: Gis on 04/16/07 at 2:25 pm

You do?!?  That's so funny!  I've had mine for like 2 months, and just opened it yesterday.  The paint that comes with it is pretty good, but the brush is awful.  You should get a new one before you start.

Thanks for the tip, I have a load of decent brushes upstairs left over from college. I never seem to have the time to paint these days.............

Written By: Howard on 04/16/07 at 4:25 pm

I went back to Pathmark to fill out W2 forms for taxes and paperwork and found out my hours which are pretty good. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/16/07 at 8:17 pm

I went to the bank, the post office....perused a few antique shops, and went thrift shopping...then went out to dinner with my mom.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/16/07 at 8:57 pm

Worked.  :\'(

Written By: loki 13 on 04/16/07 at 9:04 pm

Finished the New York Times Sunday Crossword Puzzle. I can't remember the last time it took me 2
days to finish the puzzle. This one kicked my a$$.

Written By: Tam on 04/16/07 at 10:13 pm

Well, I spent the better part of the day washing the truck, then cleaning out the truck, then armor-all-ing the truck, the spraying the truck with Febreeze!
And the whole time I was rockin out to sirius Big 80's!

Then I came in the house and played my Duran Duran Astronaut cd most of the night while doing laundry....

oOo almost forgot - I watched Drive too ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/16/07 at 11:29 pm

4pm already? Wowser, where th' 'ell did Tuesday go?  :o

I've done very much nothing today. It's grey, cold & nearly the middle of the week, a perfect day to do very much nothing.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/17/07 at 1:23 am

... wood...
wood  ;D  ;D  http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xU_ZiRGvEAApZejzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=1245ec6m4/EXP=1176876991/**http%3A//home.nc.rr.com/mcilvain/images/beavis.gif

I worked today, but got off 2 hours early so I could make the game tonight against our main rival and toughest opponent & somehow we managed to kick their butts, so we're 3-0 & sitting happily in 1st place. came home and cooked a couple of burgers & now just chillin' on the board.

Written By: jackas on 04/17/07 at 1:44 am

And the whole time I was rockin out to sirius Big 80's!

I love that station!  When I'm not listening to Howard, I have that on.

Written By: jackas on 04/17/07 at 1:47 am

I let myself sleep in until 10 this morning.  I think I slept about two hours the night before, so I said  "F it!" and slept in.  I don't think I've slept that late in probably over 5 years.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/17/07 at 1:54 am

I let myself sleep in until 10 this morning.  I think I slept about two hours the night before, so I said  "F it!" and slept in.  I don't think I've slept that late in probably over 5 years.
I envy your sleeping in. good for you, your body needs many things and sleep is one of them, except when on vacation 
you should sleep in until 11am tomorrow

Written By: jackas on 04/17/07 at 2:02 am

I envy your sleeping in. good for you, your body needs many things and sleep is one of them, except when on vacation 
you should sleep in until 11am tomorrow

Noooo!!!!  I feel guilty and lazy when I do that. 

Written By: Tam on 04/17/07 at 2:05 am

I love that station!  When I'm not listening to Howard, I have that on.

I know right!

And my dumbass forgot to bring the sirius in the house - ah well, thank goodness it is streamlined! ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/17/07 at 2:07 am

Noooo!!!!   I feel guilty and lazy when I do that. 
we gotta work on that guilt thing  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 04/17/07 at 1:09 pm

Just got back from our New York City weekend.  The weather was awful, but we dealt with it.  Got out a bit between the showers, and sometimes in them, or sat in the hotel and ate and watched tv.  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/17/07 at 1:58 pm

Just got back from our New York City weekend.  The weather was awful, but we dealt with it.  Got out a bit between the showers, and sometimes in them, or sat in the hotel and ate and watched tv.   :)

Fun!  Was it a trip for business or pleasure? 

Written By: danootaandme on 04/17/07 at 2:00 pm

Fun!  Was it a trip for business or pleasure? 

Jakes birthday is the 15th and coincides with school vacation so we go every year for that.  We usually have good weather, but this time we hit it during the worst rainfall that they have ever recorded.  It wasn't as bad in the city, we were able to get out for a bit. 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/17/07 at 2:02 pm

Jakes birthday is the 15th and coincides with school vacation so we go every year for that.  We usually have good weather, but this time we hit it during the worst rainfall that they have ever recorded.  It wasn't as bad in the city, we were able to get out for a bit. 

How cool!  What a lucky kid.  Happy belated birthday to him!

Written By: danootaandme on 04/17/07 at 2:04 pm

How cool!  What a lucky kid.  Happy belated birthday to him!

Thanks.  Actually, It is the Koreans I think,  who believe the mother is the one who should be honored on the birthdays of her children.  Sounds like a plan!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/17/07 at 2:07 pm

Thanks.  Actually, It is the Koreans I think,  who believe the mother is the one who should be honored on the birthdays of her children.  Sounds like a plan!  ;D

Sounds reasonable to me...

Written By: nally on 04/17/07 at 6:50 pm

Today...I've done the usual thing. Go to classes, spend time on the 'puter, eat, do studying.....nothing eventful today. :-\\

Written By: jackas on 04/17/07 at 7:24 pm

We closed on our house today and should be in by Thursday or Friday.  No more hotels!!!! :D  Then I came back to the hotel and called to have all the utilites turned on.  And then found a local doctor for me and the girls.  Now I'm hangin out.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/17/07 at 7:29 pm

Well, they're right....after all, WE'RE the one who went through the agony of childbirth ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/18/07 at 1:13 am

We closed on our house today and should be in by Thursday or Friday.  No more hotels!!!! :D  Then I came back to the hotel and called to have all the utilites turned on.  And then found a local doctor for me and the girls.  Now I'm hangin out.
that's great news Chrissy. Congratulations on buying a new home. You can actually move in this week  :o  awesome, call me if you need help moving. So all the utilities includes the internet provider for inthe00s action, correct? You should host an inthe00s homewarming party ;) & we can come help you break in the new pad.
-----------

I just got back from the Oakland Coliseum. My brother in law had 2 extra tix for the baseball game tonight so he gave me & my friend these awesome MVP seats & we watched the Oakland A's beat the Los Angeles Angels. My first game of the year & it was a good game, but it was chilly. Had an excellent Bratwurst from the sausage hut there. that was yummy & then I shared my peanuts with this cute kid sitting in front of us. He turned around & saw me eating peanuts & started begging his dad to buy him some, & I told the dad he could have some if he wanted & the dad said ok, & that made the kid pretty happy. The tix were freebies. 

Written By: Gis on 04/18/07 at 1:18 am

Great news Chrissy  :)

I have just sprinted up the garden twice to chase cats, ordinarily I love cats but I have 5 that treat my garden as their personal toilet  >:(
Today I'm on a half day so I'm going to finish at 12 and come home via the shops. After that I plan to try and fill all the holes in our lawn with soil so it's easier to mow! 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/18/07 at 1:21 am

I have just sprinted up the garden twice to chase cats, ordinarily I love cats but I have 5 that treat my garden as their personal toilet  >:(
Today I'm on a half day so I'm going to finish at 12 and come home via the shops. After that I plan to try and fill all the holes in our lawn with soil so it's easier to mow! 
I have the same problem with the neighbor cats.  >:(

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/18/07 at 3:43 am

Congratulations Jacks

Written By: karen on 04/18/07 at 3:49 am

My mum reckons that cats are frightened by a half filling a 2 litre pop bottle with water and lying it on its side near the area they use.  Move it around occasionally.  Or you could buy a supersoaker and squirt them mid action.  that's supposed to put them off.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/18/07 at 3:57 am

My mum reckons that cats are frightened by a half filling a 2 litre pop bottle with water and lying it on its side near the area they use.  Move it around occasionally.  Or you could buy a supersoaker and squirt them mid action.  that's supposed to put them off.

You could get a 2-liter of Diet Coke, and add some Mentos mint candies to it  (The resulting explosive fizz will scare ANYONE and anything away)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/18/07 at 3:58 am

I submitted my very first parody to the amiright.com website.  Hope it gets approved and I get constructive and nice replies.

Written By: karen on 04/18/07 at 4:09 am

I submitted my very first parody to the amiright.com website.  Hope it gets approved and I get constructive and nice replies.

what song did you do?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/18/07 at 6:43 am

what song did you do?

I parodied the song "Yesterday" by The Beatles (I named my parody "Clicked today")  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/18/07 at 6:52 am

I start my first day at work at Pathmark. :)

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/18/07 at 7:00 am

I start my first day at work at Pathmark. :)

Good Luck Howard,i'm sure you'll do great  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/18/07 at 7:16 am

Good Luck Howard,i'm sure you'll do great  ;)

Thank You.  :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/18/07 at 8:25 am

Buy some Cayenne pepper and sprinkle it on the ground around it.....they hate the smell.  I think Cat suggested lemon peels too? ???  I put the cayenne pepper around our playset and the cats stayed away (well, until it rained and I had to put it out again).

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/18/07 at 8:27 am

I think I'm going to skip my classes today.  I was up all night in the bathroom and it hasn't completely stopped yet :-\\  I've only missed 1 other day so it shouldn't hurt my grade....

Written By: karen on 04/18/07 at 8:42 am

I think I'm going to skip my classes today.  I was up all night in the bathroom and it hasn't completely stopped yet :-\\  I've only missed 1 other day so it shouldn't hurt my grade....

Oh Dear that sounds horrible.  Was it something you ate?

Written By: Gis on 04/18/07 at 8:44 am

Buy some Cayenne pepper and sprinkle it on the ground around it.....they hate the smell.  I think Cat suggested lemon peels too? ???  I put the cayenne pepper around our playset and the cats stayed away (well, until it rained and I had to put it out again).
I have tried;
The super soaker
Pepper dust
Pepper
Pine fragrence
every shop bought preparation I could find, one of them actually ate the 'Get of my garden' gel pellets and left lovely green poo after that!?!  ::)
Netting
and Citrus fruit rind. The only one that worked for awhile was the citrus rind but that dries out after a few days and then they start again. The problem is when I am at work is when they come in the garden.
Ian is favouring the idea of a gun................

Written By: Gis on 04/18/07 at 8:45 am

Poor you.  :( Bug or something you ate?

Written By: karen on 04/18/07 at 8:58 am

I have tried;
The super soaker
Pepper dust
Pepper
Pine fragrence
every shop bought preparation I could find, one of them actually ate the 'Get of my garden' gel pellets and left lovely green poo after that!?!  ::)
Netting
and Citrus fruit rind. The only one that worked for awhile was the citrus rind but that dries out after a few days and then they start again. The problem is when I am at work is when they come in the garden.

Have you tried the lion dung one?  Or one of those high pitched repeller noise things

edited to add like this from the RSPB site although it's a bit more expensive than I realised

Written By: Southern Image on 04/18/07 at 10:03 am

I have a crappy dentist appt in 1 hour. I can't wait to spend most of my morning there  ::) ( I hate this place, and am currently looking for a new dentist)

Written By: karen on 04/18/07 at 10:08 am

I have a crappy dentist appt in 1 hour. I can't wait to spend most of my morning there  ::) ( I hate this place, and am currently looking for a new dentist)

Good luck with that.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/18/07 at 10:13 am

I have tried;
The super soaker
Pepper dust
Pepper
Pine fragrence
Netting

My father in law keeps a humane trap in his yard, and every time he catches one he calls the humane society.  He was so frustrated with the cats, he bought it as a last resort.  Kind of extreme, but it seems to work.

Written By: jackas on 04/18/07 at 10:16 am

that's great news Chrissy. Congratulations on buying a new home. You can actually move in this week  :o  awesome, call me if you need help moving. So all the utilities includes the internet provider for inthe00s action, correct? You should host an inthe00s homewarming party ;) & we can come help you break in the new pad.

Thanks Mike!  Yeah, a housewarming party/inthe00s meeting...so you're all gonna come to Boise!  

I just got back from the Oakland Coliseum. My brother in law had 2 extra tix for the baseball game tonight so he gave me & my friend these awesome MVP seats & we watched the Oakland A's beat the Los Angeles Angels. My first game of the year & it was a good game, but it was chilly. Had an excellent Bratwurst from the sausage hut there. that was yummy & then I shared my peanuts with this cute kid sitting in front of us. He turned around & saw me eating peanuts & started begging his dad to buy him some, & I told the dad he could have some if he wanted & the dad said ok, & that made the kid pretty happy. The tix were freebies. 

That sounds like fun and I bet you made that kids night!

Written By: jackas on 04/18/07 at 10:19 am

Congratulations Jacks

Thanks guys! :)

Written By: karen on 04/18/07 at 10:24 am

Thanks Mike!  Yeah, a housewarming party/inthe00s meeting...so you're all gonna come to Boise!  

It's got a zoo, so I'm there!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/18/07 at 11:34 am

Well I spent most of the morning cleaning the house....and then I work later today.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/18/07 at 12:18 pm

took Julie to school today, probably for the last time since she usually drives, but needed a ride since they're headed to L.A. for the next couple days & she didn't want to leave her car at school. I was remembering all the mornings taking her to school for years and how that part of life is done.  :\'(  Sitting at my desk, I just started here at work on Hump Day and will have to do some work now. But you are all more important  ;) so I had to sneak in a post.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/18/07 at 12:20 pm

Spent the morning ironing clothes so I can pack (I know they'll just get wrinkled when I pack them, but I CAN NOT put them in the suitcase un-ironed.  ::) ).

Have to fill up the car, get some snacks and drinks ready for the cooler.  

I have to vacuum and scoop the litter box.

Finish the laundry.

Pick up FIL's medicine at the pharmacy.

Pick up my daughter from school.

I want to polish my finger and toe nails.  

And what am I doing?  I'm looking around here.   ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/18/07 at 7:36 pm

My first day at Pathmark was very exhausting today,12pm-6pm and tomorrow 2pm-7pm,Friday 2pm-7pm and Saturday 12pm-4pm.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/18/07 at 8:38 pm

Got my insulin refilled (another $180 gone  :\'( ) but I'm sure I'll start feeling better once I get back on my shot schedule again.

Paid the gas bill
Went to an early dinner out
Went to Goodwill (bought me 2 pair of jeans, a dress, and a metal file cabinet)
Went to half price books - bought a novel - Family Skeletons by Rett MacPherson - about a genealogist traces a family's root and digs up a deadly secret - naturally her client gets murdered and she gets to play detective.) Sounds like a cheap thriller for a dollar.
Went to the bank to get quarters for the laundry
Got a frozen strawberry drink from Baskin Robbin ice  cream drive-thru
and just got home.
Probably will tidy up some more around the house

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/18/07 at 10:05 pm

I worked tonight...and was pretty much pissed off....I won't get into the sordid details. ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/18/07 at 11:17 pm

after dinner, loaded the dishwasher, put the leftovers away

Written By: KKay on 04/18/07 at 11:18 pm

went to a dog club meeting...
did tons of work for our upcoming spring event
now to bed.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/18/07 at 11:19 pm

went to a dog club meeting...
did tons of work for our upcoming spring event
now to bed.
bed so early?  another 4 hours until bedtime  :)

Written By: karen on 04/19/07 at 3:30 am

I worked tonight...and was pretty much pissed off....I won't get into the sordid details. ::)

Aw but now you've made us curious!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/19/07 at 4:20 am

Mopped the kitchen floor (which didn't take long since it's a tiny kitchen)
Will run the vaccuum when it's an appropriate hour to do so (4:49 a.m. is not such an hour)
Will listen some more to Renegade Retro radio on the internet and play myself silly some Yahtzee

Written By: danootaandme on 04/19/07 at 4:31 am

Today Jake gets the braces off of his teeth(2 years), then we go for whatever he wants for a braceless meal(probably Burger King), then I scheduled a cleaning at the other dentist.  With the new haircut and without the braces he is going to be too handsome for himself  ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/19/07 at 6:28 am

Today is my 2nd day at Pathmark 2pm-7pm.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/19/07 at 8:39 am

Today Jake gets the braces off of his teeth(2 years), then we go for whatever he wants for a braceless meal(probably Burger King), then I scheduled a cleaning at the other dentist.  With the new haircut and without the braces he is going to be too handsome for himself  ;D
Congrats to Jake.  My Jake is counting down the months until he gets his off, too....2 down, about 17-22 to go ;D ;D

Oh, and congrats Jacks.  I have to say, though, I don't envy you having to move.  I dread the day when I have to do it again.

Today, I get to try and get in contact with friends of our who are going to our lake house this weekend to have them go look at the house across the street because hubby wants to buy it so we can tear down the house and put up a utility building ::)  I'm hoping I can convince THEM to buy it ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/19/07 at 9:33 am

Today Jake gets the braces off of his teeth(2 years), then we go for whatever he wants for a braceless meal(probably Burger King), then I scheduled a cleaning at the other dentist.  With the new haircut and without the braces he is going to be too handsome for himself   ;D

Oh, I very fondly remember the day I got my braces off!  I brushed my teeth about 100 times - the were so smooth.  Yay for Jake!

Aw but now you've made us curious!

Yes!  What happened?

I don't have a lot going on today.  Just working.  I have to go to a class later on today at the district office on requisitions.  Then I'll do some cleaning when I get home.  My husband and I are both off tomorrow so we're going to do some shopping.  Should be fun.

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/07 at 10:15 am

Oh, I very fondly remember the day I got my braces off!  I brushed my teeth about 100 times - the were so smooth.  Yay for Jake!

Lucky.

I took my braces off for myself because they kept cutting up my gums and I got tired of it.. my teeth were never alright after that./

Plus, about a month after I took them off (they were pretty much perfectly straight) I got in to a fight at school, got punched and the tooth right in the middle of the bottom row got knocked back.

Written By: nally on 04/19/07 at 10:17 am

I remember when I got mine off too! Then I could go back to my old eating habits, of eating all the stuff that I'd been restricted from for two years. :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/19/07 at 10:28 am

Lucky.

I took my braces off for myself because they kept cutting up my gums and I got tired of it.. my teeth were never alright after that./

Plus, about a month after I took them off (they were pretty much perfectly straight) I got in to a fight at school, got punched and the tooth right in the middle of the bottom row got knocked back.

How in the HELL did you take them off yourself???  :o

I remember when I got mine off too! Then I could go back to my old eating habits, of eating all the stuff that I'd been restricted from for two years. :D

Oh yeah!  And gum...I missed gum.

Written By: karen on 04/19/07 at 10:29 am

How in the HELL did you take them off yourself???   :o

I think it involved a tool kit iIrc

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/07 at 10:32 am

I think it involved a tool kit iIrc

Correct.

I used a flathead skrewdriver and wire cutters, it was pretty easy.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/19/07 at 10:46 am

Correct.

I used a flathead skrewdriver and wire cutters, it was pretty easy.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek7.gif  That is horrifying!  They are glued to your teeth...I can't even imagine.  In fact, I think I just fainted.

Written By: nally on 04/19/07 at 10:47 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek7.gif  That is horrifying!  They are glued to your teeth...I can't even imagine.  In fact, I think I just fainted.

That's why I feel it should be left to the professionals. It makes me cringe just thinking about trying to do it myself. :P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/19/07 at 11:04 am

That's why I feel it should be left to the professionals. It makes me cringe just thinking about trying to do it myself. :P

Me too!

Davey is crazy...

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/19/07 at 11:09 am

Davey is crazy...

Or just thinks he is :o

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/07 at 11:45 am

Yeah, but the wire kept popping out and ripping my mouth to shreds.. and on the NHS, if you make an appointment you probably wont be seen for 2 - 3 weeks. If not more.

It was easy. The wire cutters were the worst bit, I had to shove them all the way to the back of my mouth so as to cut the wire at the very last tooth, I kept pinching my gums and the inside of my mouth which was reasonably painful.
I managed to snip the wires on both sides, top and bottom then just used the screwdriver to pop them off my teeth.

By this point I was committed to getting them off and was quite happy to endure fairly extreme short-term pain to get them off.

I was supposed to have them on for about 20 months, but I think they were on about 8.

It's easy.

Me too!

Davey is crazy...

Or just impervious to pain??

Or just thinks he is :o

Wouldn't thinking you were crazy imply you were?

I'm not anyway - I just get things done.

It's like when I cut my toe off accidentally, I didn't go to the hospital until the flesh around it started to rot. ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/19/07 at 11:49 am

Yeah, but the wire kept popping out and ripping my mouth to shreds.. and on the NHS, if you make an appointment you probably wont be seen for 2 - 3 weeks. If not more.

It was easy. The wire cutters were the worst bit, I had to shove them all the way to the back of my mouth so as to cut the wire at the very last tooth, I kept pinching my gums and the inside of my mouth which was reasonably painful.
I managed to snip the wires on both sides, top and bottom then just used the screwdriver to pop them off my teeth.

By this point I was committed to getting them off and was quite happy to endure fairly extreme short-term pain to get them off.

I was supposed to have them on for about 20 months, but I think they were on about 8.

Didn't your orthidontist give you wax to put on the wires so they didn't stab you?  (Not that it really helped... ::))

What did your parents say when they found out you took them off?

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/07 at 11:54 am

Didn't your orthidontist give you wax to put on the wires so they didn't stab you?  (Not that it really helped... ::))

What did your parents say when they found out you took them off?

He didn't do anything. Like I said.. NHS! National Health Service. You get the bare minimum.

My Dad was impressed that I had the ingenuity to do it, my Ma just looked tired.. she looked tired my whole childhood.. I was a chore.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/19/07 at 11:57 am

He didn't do anything. Like I said.. NHS! National Health Service. You get the bare minimum.

My Dad was impressed that I had the ingenuity to do it, my Ma just looked tired.. she looked tired my whole childhood.. I was a chore.

I'd like to meet your mom someday...and give her a trophy.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/19/07 at 2:28 pm

Yes!  What happened?

oh I was just mad because it infuriates me whenever people tell you that you are a great employee, etc...but then certain individuals who were hired AFTER you get the better deal, in certain situations. It's all about me feeling invisible again. :-\\

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/07 at 4:49 pm

I'd like to meet your mom someday...and give her a trophy.

;D

There's a real fun way too  ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/19/07 at 8:48 pm

Today was my 2nd day at Pathmark and It was busy as usual with the carts. :P

Ow,My aching feet! :(

Written By: wildcard on 04/19/07 at 10:10 pm

talk to people

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/20/07 at 6:42 am

I thought i was going to work today,and now i'm here and i'm not and no one is telling us why :o

Written By: Howard on 04/20/07 at 6:46 am

My 3rd day at Pathmark. :)

Written By: Tia on 04/20/07 at 6:47 am

I thought i was going to work today,and now i'm here and i'm not and no one is telling us why :o
whoa, weird. :o

i still need to get ready, i gotta step out the door in a half hour.

i ate spaghetti and meatballs for breatkfast. it was good. who said you could only eat eggs and pancakes for breakfast?

Written By: Howard on 04/20/07 at 6:49 am

whoa, weird. :o

i still need to get ready, i gotta step out the door in a half hour.

i ate spaghetti and meatballs for breatkfast. it was good. who said you could only eat eggs and pancakes for breakfast?

How'd it taste? :P

Written By: Tia on 04/20/07 at 6:53 am

How'd it taste? :P
it was good. then again, i was totally starving. i'm trying to get scrawny.

Written By: Howard on 04/20/07 at 7:01 am

it was good. then again, i was totally starving. i'm trying to get scrawny.

By eating spaghetti and meatballs?

Written By: Tia on 04/20/07 at 7:08 am

By eating spaghetti and meatballs?
i gave in. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 04/20/07 at 7:11 am

i gave in. :\'(

But how is that a breakfast meal? ???

Written By: karen on 04/20/07 at 7:18 am

But how is that a breakfast meal? ???

You can eat what you like for breakfast.  I once had chocolate cake.  When out early on a car journey I like to stop at Little Chef for Jubilee Pancakes.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/20/07 at 8:08 am

Don't know where you are from, but here in Massachusetts if they call you into work and then send you home they have to pay you
2 hours "show up" time.  It is considered a form of harrassment.

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/20/07 at 12:33 pm

Don't know where you are from, but here in Massachusetts if they call you into work and then send you home they have to pay you
2 hours "show up" time.  It is considered a form of harrassment.

Oh i get payed either way,lousy pay though :P

So the studio had to close and the students were sent home 'cause one of the kids went to the hospital,they fear it's some kind of meningitis,everyone is freaking out,me included :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 04/20/07 at 1:47 pm

oh I was just mad because it infuriates me whenever people tell you that you are a great employee, etc...but then certain individuals who were hired AFTER you get the better deal, in certain situations. It's all about me feeling invisible again. :-\\

Think back, did the same thing happen to you after you were first hired(i.e. better deal than people already there)  Some companies do this stuff, they coddle you when you first start, then when they have their hooks in ignore and coddle the next new crew.  It is very rare that companies appreciate the people who have been with them.  A lot want to see you out before you are vested in company plans or reaching the point where the benefits(if there are any) begin to work for you.

Written By: La Roche on 04/20/07 at 2:16 pm

When out early on a car journey I like to stop at Little Chef for Jubilee Pancakes.

That makes me laugh.. people still think Little Chef is actually food.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/20/07 at 2:38 pm

Think back, did the same thing happen to you after you were first hired(i.e. better deal than people already there)  Some companies do this stuff, they coddle you when you first start, then when they have their hooks in ignore and coddle the next new crew.  It is very rare that companies appreciate the people who have been with them.  A lot want to see you out before you are vested in company plans or reaching the point where the benefits(if there are any) begin to work for you.

that's a very good point...but I didn't notice anything when I was hired...nothing special that is.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/20/07 at 3:06 pm

At work today. That's about it so far. If the weather clears up, I may do some jump roping tonight (after work) to get my exercise in. I'm trying to keep that up 2-3 times a week.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/20/07 at 3:31 pm

that's a very good point...but I didn't notice anything when I was hired...nothing special that is.

But some who had been there a while might have felt that way.  Business can be devious when it come to treating their employees.  In this day and age they prefer to get you in, hold on a while, then, in subtle ways show you the way out.  Older workers are at risk when they are approaching the day when they get those extra weeks of vacation, and the pension plans, and when they maybe need to use the health care benefits.

Written By: Howard on 04/20/07 at 8:05 pm

You can eat what you like for breakfast.  I once had chocolate cake.  When out early on a car journey I like to stop at Little Chef for Jubilee Pancakes.

I'd rather eat breakfast for breakfast and not lunch or dinner for breakfast.

Written By: Howard on 04/20/07 at 8:06 pm

My 3rd day at Pathmark and my feet are aching and blistery.What a pain! :o :(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/20/07 at 9:01 pm

Today was a nice day. Chris, Vaughn, and I went out to lunch and shopping for a bit...then we went to my parent's house for a visit...and then came home.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/20/07 at 9:02 pm

Tonight was refreshing. My best friend and I went on a bike ride under the stars to the movie rental place. I haven't been on a bicycle in so long. It felt so good to fly down hills, with the wind in my hair.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/20/07 at 9:03 pm

Tonight was refreshing. My best friend and I went on a bike ride under the stars to the movie rental place. I haven't been on a bicycle in so long. It felt so good to fly down hills, with the wind in my hair.

Nat? That sounds nice.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/20/07 at 9:03 pm

Nat? That sounds nice.

Yesh. And I really thought this was the Feel Any Way thread. Woops!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/20/07 at 9:06 pm

when did you do that? Didn't you work? Are you at Nat's now?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/20/07 at 9:07 pm

when did you do that? Didn't you work? Are you at Nat's now?

We just got back from it. We left around 9:00. The sky is so clear, it's beautiful. And yeah, I'm spending the night at her house tonight.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/20/07 at 9:08 pm

We just got back from it. We left around 9:00. The sky is so clear, it's beautiful. And yeah, I'm spending the night at her house tonight.

=) Clear skies are the best. I hope you have a fun rest of the night. I also hope you picked a good movie this time!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/20/07 at 9:09 pm

oh that's cool. I left you a message on myspace, BTW. :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/20/07 at 9:10 pm

=) Clear skies are the best. I hope you have a fun rest of the night. I also hope you picked a good movie this time!

And how! Panic Room and One Hour Photo.

oh that's cool. I left you a message on myspace, BTW. :)

Yeah, I read it. I'm so happy he's still up for it!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/20/07 at 9:12 pm

And how! Panic Room and One Hour Photo.

Yeah, I read it. I'm so happy he's still up for it!

OH, freakin' NO......One Hour Photo. :-\\  That movie made me sick. It made me not like Robin Williams. But..Panic Room was cool! Yay for Jodie Foster! :)

Written By: wildcard on 04/20/07 at 9:33 pm

I'm going to make a few more posts because I want to talk today and I'll hit 200

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/21/07 at 1:00 am

I didn't go to work today, I had scheduled the day off because it is Julie's 18th birthday today  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/party.gif  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/birthday.gif  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/biggrinlove.gif  & I had hoped to do something special for her but she's in Los Angeles with her school's singing group doing a couple of performances at their Sister schools & they're gonna spend tomorrow in Disneyland. Diane had a huge Mrs. Fields cookie sent to Julie's hotel room for her to share with her friends. I slept in until 12noon today, then I got up & went to Starbucks for some coffee, & then went to JcPenney to look for a pot/pan set to replace our aging ones & found a nice 10 piece Circulon set. I have a 20% off coupon that will be good on Sunday only, & thats $40 bucks off so I'll wait until then. I cleaned up the house for our poker party tomorrow night & set up the card table & am getting ready to go kiss Lady Di goodnight. Her & I are going to a reception tomorrow morning at Julie's future college, San Jose State

Written By: jackas on 04/21/07 at 1:11 am

I didn't go to work today, I had scheduled the day off because it is Julie's 18th birthday today  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/party.gif  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/birthday.gif  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/biggrinlove.gif  & I had hoped to do something special for her but she's in Los Angeles with her school's singing group doing a couple of performances at their Sister schools & they're gonna spend tomorrow in Disneyland. Diane had a huge Mrs. Fields cookie sent to Julie's hotel room for her to share with her friends. I slept in until 12noon today, then I got up & went to Starbucks for some coffee, & then went to JcPenney to look for a pot/pan set to replace our aging ones & found a nice 10 piece Circulon set. I have a 20% off coupon that will be good on Sunday only, & thats $40 bucks off so I'll wait until then. I cleaned up the house for our poker party tomorrow night & set up the card table & am getting ready to go kiss Lady Di goodnight. Her & I are going to a reception tomorrow morning at Julie's future college, San Jose State

I guess this answers my question. :D  Happy birthday to Julie!!  Sounds like you had a nice day anyway...you got to sleep in. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/21/07 at 1:26 am

I guess this answers my question. :D  Happy birthday to Julie!!  Sounds like you had a nice day anyway...you got to sleep in. :)
so don't me, no questions, & i won't tell you no lies  ;D  Thanks, I'm sure she had fun being with her friends. We're gonna have a party for her soon. I had a peaceful day and sleeping in totally rocked!

Written By: Tia on 04/21/07 at 3:08 am

OH, freakin' NO......One Hour Photo. :-\\  That movie made me sick. It made me not like Robin Williams. But..Panic Room was cool! Yay for Jodie Foster! :)
i feel exactly the opposite. one hour photo was awesome. way way creepy and interesting. panic room to me felt trite and phoned in.

then again, you're dealing with someone who loves return from witch mountain so take it with a grain of salt.

Written By: Gis on 04/21/07 at 4:23 am

I have a ton of housework to do but first I have to go to the post office. I have a mountain of clothes to wash, it's a beautiful drying day and the  idiots next door have a fire going on thier patio at 10 in the morning!  >:( 
More alarmingly Johnny Cash is on LOUD not a good sign, I'm in for a noisy day from them, as soon as the country music comes on you know.........................

Written By: Howard on 04/21/07 at 8:03 am

My final week of work and then the new schedule came out today and Monday I work,Tuesday day off,Wednesday and Thursday work and Friday day off so I think I might want to go volunteer 4 hours to make the whole week 24 hours which will keep me a very busy man. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 04/21/07 at 8:08 am

Go outside and stand in the sun,  :)  (it was a long, cold, lonely winter, it seems like years since it's been here) 

Written By: loki 13 on 04/21/07 at 1:37 pm

Turned over the soil this morning preparing the garden for vegetables. Then, being such a beautiful day, I took
the Harley out for a nice long ride. It felt good to be back on the bike again. Later I will head to Lowes to get
some top soil and garden gnomes, after that I will tackle The Times crossword puzzle. See if I do better this week.

Written By: Howard on 04/21/07 at 5:34 pm

I had finished my 1st week of work at Pathmark and now I'm so tired and perspired. :P

Written By: jackas on 04/21/07 at 7:02 pm

I have a ton of housework to do but first I have to go to the post office. I have a mountain of clothes to wash, it's a beautiful drying day and the  idiots next door have a fire going on thier patio at 10 in the morning!  >:( 
More alarmingly Johnny Cash is on LOUD not a good sign, I'm in for a noisy day from them, as soon as the country music comes on you know.........................

;D ;D ;D

Sounds like a day of rowdy drinking!!  My parents used to do that crap when I was young. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/21/07 at 8:54 pm

I worked today...and then Chris and I went out to dinner.

Written By: Brian06 on 04/22/07 at 3:06 am

Went to one of my younger cousins birthday party, played some baseball outside with a few of my cousins at this baseball diamond by the house.

Written By: Gis on 04/22/07 at 3:22 am

;D ;D ;D

Sounds like a day of rowdy drinking!!  My parents used to do that crap when I was young. ;D
Oh yeah. My neighbour on the other side went and told them to turn the music down as it was at ear splitting volume. Apparently they thought I called the police on them last week, which I didn't, it was a guy down the street that's how loud they were being! The police told them it was their neighbour. I thought nice one, I get a brick through my window or something and it was nothing to do with me!  ::)
I'm too scared of them to call the police!

Anyways, today a bit of gardening and then my best mate is over for a visit. Can't wait.  :)   

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/22/07 at 4:12 am

well it's 2:07 am & the last of our friends finally left to go home after a long night of poker in which I won 1st place in both games. I scored some big bucks off my friends in my house. I guess what they say is true, the house always wins  ;D  . Got up early early, like 6am to go to the Newly Admitted Students welcome & reception at San Jose St. college for Julie, and got to get a good look at the school, some of her future professors, classrooms, dorms. It's a good school, & I think Jule's is gonna do good there.

Written By: Howard on 04/22/07 at 7:10 am

Hanging out with my significant other today.

Written By: KKay on 04/22/07 at 7:56 am

I'm going to go play brunch like every sunday but today it's going to be outside, which is great.
later i'll be home to do all the things i didnt get done this week.

Written By: Southern Image on 04/22/07 at 3:13 pm

One of my friends is coming over to take me and my daughter out to dinner.  :)

Written By: wildcard on 04/22/07 at 5:16 pm

enjoy some sunlight while I can.  I'm tired of seeing the sky gray.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/22/07 at 5:55 pm

I went to JC Penney & purchased a Hard Anodized nonstick cookware set on sale. I bought a birthday card for Julie and came home and had some food and am now going to take out recycle and garbage cans for morning pick up.

Written By: La Roche on 04/22/07 at 9:11 pm

Did a load of yard work, went to Best Buy, watched the ballgame and then sat out on the porch for a couple of hours because it was such a nice evening.

Written By: KKay on 04/22/07 at 9:46 pm

went and did my brunch thing and was going to go to brooklyn to see a friend sing, but then i fell asleep watching season 1 reruns of Dexter...
now i'm home.
bed early, I think.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/22/07 at 9:49 pm

It was such a great day outside today...but alas, I had to work...oh well, what can ya do?

Written By: jackas on 04/22/07 at 11:10 pm

I went to JC Penney & purchased a Hard Anodized nonstick cookware set on sale. I bought a birthday card for Julie and came home and had some food and am now going to take out recycle and garbage cans for morning pick up.

So were you able to use your coupon and get a great deal on the cookware?  Are you having cake for Julie tonight or are you going to save that for another time?

Written By: Gis on 04/23/07 at 1:23 am

Work.  :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/23/07 at 1:37 am

So were you able to use your coupon and get a great deal on the cookware?  Are you having cake for Julie tonight or are you going to save that for another time?
I sure did, & the coupon saved me $40 dollars. We should have had a cake for Jule's but the poor kid is so tired from her back to back trips, & she had homework & studying to do as soon as she got home, so she would not have enjoyed it. We'll have a cake for her soon, and she's also going to have a big party once she decides what she wants to do.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/23/07 at 10:45 am

Going to the hospital to get "SSSSQQQQUUUUIIIIISSSSSHHHHHEEEDDDD". (I'll go in with cups and come out with saucers.  :P ) Hubby also has an appoint to get test done on his foot. Afterwards, we will hit the mall and do a little shopping.

Cat

Written By: karen on 04/23/07 at 10:48 am

Going to the hospital to get "SSSSQQQQUUUUIIIIISSSSSHHHHHEEEDDDD". (I'll go in with cups and come out with saucers.  :P ) Hubby also has an appoint to get test done on his foot.

good luck to both you and Carlos

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/23/07 at 11:00 am

good luck to both you and Carlos

Thanks. Mine is pretty much routine. Carlos-who knows.  :-\\  His toe has been numb since the surgery last year. We don't know if it from the surgery or from something else-we shall find out with this test-maybe.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/07 at 12:14 pm

Well..I did some cleaning out in our backyard this morning...Vaughn helped me, and also kept himself busy digging in the dirt.  We hung outside for a few hours...now he is relaxing, eating his lunch, and watching a movie...and I am here.

Later...he is going over to his mother's house for a visit...and Chris and I are going to go see the movie, "Disturbia"...and then going for dinner.

Written By: Howard on 04/23/07 at 10:14 pm

I went to work today. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/07 at 10:26 pm

As I stated above..Chris and I had a date night. We saw "Disturbia"...it was awesome....that Shia LaBeouf is such a cutie!!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/24/07 at 12:02 am

Researching for my History presentation next week. Should really be doing it now.  ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/24/07 at 12:35 am

worked a half day, came home andmowed the front and back yards, then went to my game where we lost our first game of the year 16-15, now our record is 3 wins, 1 loss.

Written By: Gis on 04/24/07 at 2:50 am

work this morning then a meeting this afternoon and straight from there to the doctors  :P

Written By: Tia on 04/24/07 at 7:08 am

As I stated above..Chris and I had a date night. We saw "Disturbia"...it was awesome....that Shia LaBeouf is such a cutie!!
i really enjoyed disturbia as well. cool flick!

actually, you know, they're making lots of decent movies these days. that, grindhouse, casno royale, black snake moan (starring the fabulous and talented kim richards!!!), breach, the good shepherd... they got it together in hollywood, it would seem.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/24/07 at 9:06 am

I've got to un-pack the car and suitcases. 

Megan needs a bathing suit, so I might run to the mall and get her one.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/24/07 at 9:53 am

Going to the hospital to get "SSSSQQQQUUUUIIIIISSSSSHHHHHEEEDDDD". (I'll go in with cups and come out with saucers.  :P ) Hubby also has an appoint to get test done on his foot. Afterwards, we will hit the mall and do a little shopping.

Cat
I tried, but An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to have that done :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/24/07 at 12:19 pm

I tried, but An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to have that done :-\\

Thanks-right back at ya.

Actually, it is not too bad. Yeah, it is a bit painful-especially for me because they are painful to begin with, but it only takes a few seconds.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/07 at 1:37 pm

I didn't do much today...it was raining, so my outdoor plans were ruined...but now it is sunny. Chris is going golfing...so Vaughn and I are gonna go do something.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/24/07 at 2:36 pm

Instead of the mall I went to Walmart and got both kids bathing suits and pool toys.

When we got home the kids played on the giant water slide thing that my husband got them...

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0002675333168_L4.jpg

I shoulda gotten some hair-dye since they gave me few more gray hairs playing on it.  ;D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/24/07 at 3:01 pm

Instead of the mall I went to Walmart and got both kids bathing suits and pool toys.

When we got home the kids played on the giant water slide thing that my husband got them...

I shoulda gotten some hair-dye since they gave me few more gray hairs playing on it.  ;D ;D

Wow, that looks so cool. I wanna go over to your house and play.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/24/07 at 3:08 pm

I went to therapy and then went on a back and forth trip to the dentist.

Written By: spaceace on 04/24/07 at 3:23 pm

Try to figure out how I can loose the 15lbs I need to in order to get into the PA Army National Guard.

Written By: jackas on 04/24/07 at 3:30 pm

Try to figure out how I can loose the 15lbs I need to in order to get into the PA Army National Guard.

Run, run, run!  You might as well start now cause you're gonna be a running fool if you want to go Army. :)

Written By: spaceace on 04/24/07 at 3:35 pm

Run, run, run!  You might as well start now cause you're gonna be a running fool if you want to go Army. :)

Seriously considering doing that.  Just have to find a big park to do it in.  I don't want to run in a city environment. :P

Glad I didn't buy that new pair of Sketcher flip flops. ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/24/07 at 3:44 pm

I went to school between 8:30am-9:20am, got to work at around 10:05am and have been here since. I am eager to go home so I can exercise. We finally have some nice weather worth exercising in.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/24/07 at 4:13 pm

Seriously considering doing that.  Just have to find a big park to do it in.  I don't want to run in a city environment. :P

Glad I didn't buy that new pair of Sketcher flip flops. ;D

Brisk walk is a better idea.  Running is an orthopedic nightmare.

Written By: spaceace on 04/24/07 at 4:17 pm

Brisk walk is a better idea.  Running is an orthopedic nightmare.

I'll have to do a bit of both.  I've got till August.  Hope to be in Basic before my next birthday.  (Sept 18)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/24/07 at 5:33 pm

I shoulda gotten some hair-dye since they gave me few more gray hairs playing on it.   ;D ;D

Holy crap.  That is the coolest thing ever!!  Can I come over too?

You go girl!  What made you decide to join up?

As for me, I worked today, came home and exercised, put dinner in the oven, and here I am! 

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/24/07 at 5:38 pm

Wow, that looks so cool. I wanna go over to your house and play.

Cat

Sure, come on over.  I've got beer and burgers!  ;D

If you want anything else, bring it with ya!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/07 at 6:34 pm

Vaughn and I had a good night. First...we played in the backyard with his T-ball set...then we went and picked up some dinner...went to a local park and ate at a picnic bench...then he played on the swingsets....then we went and rented, "Night At The Museum"...because he LOVED it when we saw it at the theater...so it just came out today....so he wanted that. Then we went and got ice cream cones....then stopped at the grocery store for a few items...and now we are back home.

Written By: spaceace on 04/24/07 at 6:41 pm

You go girl!  What made you decide to join up?

As for me, I worked today, came home and exercised, put dinner in the oven, and here I am! 

It's easier to get into than the Army.  I'd been debating joining for over a year, well . . . debates over!!! :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/24/07 at 8:34 pm

HOW COOL!!!  Our neighbor has the straight one, but that one looks way cooler.....I may just have see if I can find me one of those......ebay, ebay, whereforeart thou ebay? ;D

Written By: La Roche on 04/24/07 at 9:27 pm

Went and got a haircut.. it's been turning heads all day, I look like Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. Then me and Steve went out for wings and to watch the ball game but there was an hour rain delay so we just hung out there for a while.

Written By: Tia on 04/24/07 at 9:44 pm

Went and got a haircut.. it's been turning heads all day, I look like Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. Then me and Steve went out for wings and to watch the ball game but there was an hour rain delay so we just hung out there for a while.
you got a mohawk? :o dag.

travis had a mohawk before it was cool. i went to a halloween party as a travis bickle/david hinckley hybrid one year. (i love combination costumes.) i gave myself a mohawk, spray painted the word "hinkle" on the back of my jacket, put like a dozen toy guns on and stapled literally hundreds of pictures of jodie foster all over my entire body. it was frickin' hilarious. i got pictures somewhere.

Written By: KKay on 04/24/07 at 10:45 pm

right. halloween.

i didn't sit down until ten pm.
yawn.
i am now avoiding a few things i need to do. but i think i'll post a little and then go to bed.

Written By: La Roche on 04/24/07 at 11:01 pm

you got a mohawk? :o dag.

travis had a mohawk before it was cool. i went to a halloween party as a travis bickle/david hinckley hybrid one year. (i love combination costumes.) i gave myself a mohawk, spray painted the word "hinkle" on the back of my jacket, put like a dozen toy guns on and stapled literally hundreds of pictures of jodie foster all over my entire body. it was frickin' hilarious. i got pictures somewhere.

I think.. considering all the times that I've made the trip either south to London or south to D.C to hang out with you on specific interesting holidays.. you need to make the trip West and we should all do Halloween in Chicago or something this year.
I always complain about Halloween, but I've decided to quit being such an obnoxious prick and embrace a holiday that was essentially designed for outlandish, shock-obsessed middle class wasters like me.

.. Oh.. Yeah, I did, I kept a guard on for the sides, but shaved it to a number 1, which is basically skin. It looks kickass.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/25/07 at 2:45 am

dental appt. at 8am, that's too freaking early  >:(  work all day, then pick up a cake for Julie and come home and hopefully score some cool concert tix I saw for a show called Hippiefest http://static2.livenation.com/akamai/V0012/img/ARTIST_BSP/619978_23549_1.jpg the lineup sounds awesome:
Hippiefest - The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie, Felix Cavaliere's Rascals, The Zombies featuring Colin Blunstone & Rod Argent, Mountain featuring Leslie West & Corkey Laing, Mitch Ryder, Badfinger featuring Joey Molland, Country Joe McDonald
when I saw this I immediately knew that Lady Di & I are gonna go to see the only surviving member of Badfinger. plus I love Leslie West's guitar work and the music he played with Mountain and the rest of the bands will be like a total nostalgic Hippiefest  8)

Written By: karen on 04/25/07 at 3:36 am

.. Oh.. Yeah, I did, I kept a guard on for the sides, but shaved it to a number 1, which is basically skin. It looks kickass.

Pictures?

Written By: Howard on 04/25/07 at 6:37 am

Pathmark 2:30pm-630pm.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/25/07 at 7:13 am

My son's hair is so friggin thick that even with a 1, you can't see his scalp :o

Written By: karen on 04/25/07 at 8:44 am

work as per usual today.  Had  a lunchtime meeting with other union reps to set the agenda for our meeting with the management next week.  After a cup of tea I've got to sort some equipment for a student who just contacted me to see if it is available for tonight.  I guess I could have said no, but I'm too nice!

Written By: La Roche on 04/25/07 at 9:31 am

Pictures?

We'll see. I traded my digital camera for a digital video camera.  ;D

Written By: karen on 04/25/07 at 9:42 am

We'll see. I traded my digital camera for a digital video camera.  ;D

You can often take stills with those as well.  At least you can on the ones at work.

Written By: La Roche on 04/25/07 at 9:43 am

You can often take stills with those as well.  At least you can on the ones at work.

MmHmm. .. and If you didn't forget the USB cable you'd be fine.  ;D

Written By: karen on 04/25/07 at 9:44 am

MmHmm. .. and If you didn't forget the USB cable you'd be fine.  ;D

I can wait till you're back here

Written By: Gis on 04/25/07 at 10:21 am

Work this morning then home via the grocery store. Watered the garden, cooked a Spag Bol and rang the British Gas! I'm now anxiously waiting for my hot water to come on as it has been making seriously worrying noises the last 3 mornings  :o If it does it this afternoon I guess I'm on the phone to try and get the system checked out.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/25/07 at 10:27 am

I'm going to go get some flowers for the yard.

Written By: La Roche on 04/25/07 at 10:38 am

I can wait till you're back here

Not this christmas I'm afraid.. maybe the one after.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/25/07 at 4:27 pm

Went to work, the weather has gotten much better (couldn't have been much worse) so things are going pretty smoothly.  It may come to an end next week, then back to the union hall and see what happens.

I'm going to go get some flowers for the yard.

Still a bit chilly here in Massachusetts, but I got some pansies, the daffodils didn't come up and I am a bit worried about them as I have seen them other places(other than my garden), and only one crocus showed.  :-\\

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/25/07 at 4:47 pm

I moved...again.
And i'm so in love with my new home :)

Written By: danootaandme on 04/25/07 at 4:50 pm

I moved...again.
And i'm so in love with my new home :)

What's it like?

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/25/07 at 5:06 pm

What's it like?

It's really nice,3 rooms and it even has a great balcony where we can sunbathe 8)

Written By: Howard on 04/25/07 at 7:21 pm

I worked today at Pathmark despite the rain and drizzle from 230pm-630pm.

Written By: KKay on 04/25/07 at 7:44 pm

I'm really bummed..
Antoher business trip is coming up.  This means Brendan will be taking the computer with him. 
so I wont be chatting with any of you for a few days...at least till Sunday.
I'll talk to you then!  Be well!
Karen

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/26/07 at 1:24 am

I'm really bummed..
Antoher business trip is coming up.  This means Brendan will be taking the computer with him. 
so I wont be chatting with any of you for a few days...at least till Sunday.
I'll talk to you then!  Be well!
Karen
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5m2lRTBGra4Ajj6jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsMW5yM3VoBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTA2Nl84OA--/SIG=11v3s1u63/EXP=1177655077/**http%3A//www.akrondesign.com/Masks/mrbill.jpg Ohh Nooo!!!
I'm bummed too. see ya Sunday Karen  :(

Written By: Gis on 04/26/07 at 1:27 am

Work until 7 tonight, but we are going to the pub at lunchtime for two birthdays and a leaving drink. Mind you I have the princely sum of £2.50 in my pusre which won't even get me a pint so I guess I'm on one diet coke made to last out all lunchtime.  :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/26/07 at 1:30 am

Work until 7 tonight, but we are going to the pub at lunchtime for two birthdays and a leaving drink. Mind you I have the princely sum of £2.50 in my pusre which won't even get me a pint so I guess I'm on one diet coke made to last out all lunchtime.  :(
use your smile Gis, & I'm sure some gent will happily treat you to a pint

Written By: Howard on 04/26/07 at 6:41 am

The 2:30-6:30pm shift at Pathmark.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/26/07 at 8:04 am

Gonna' finish 1 paper and start the 2nd (and maybe finish that one too).

Written By: jackas on 04/26/07 at 10:32 am

dental appt. at 8am, that's too freaking early  >:(  work all day, then pick up a cake for Julie and come home and hopefully score some cool concert tix I saw for a show called Hippiefest http://static2.livenation.com/akamai/V0012/img/ARTIST_BSP/619978_23549_1.jpg the lineup sounds awesome:
Hippiefest - The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie, Felix Cavaliere's Rascals, The Zombies featuring Colin Blunstone & Rod Argent, Mountain featuring Leslie West & Corkey Laing, Mitch Ryder, Badfinger featuring Joey Molland, Country Joe McDonald
when I saw this I immediately knew that Lady Di & I are gonna go to see the only surviving member of Badfinger. plus I love Leslie West's guitar work and the music he played with Mountain and the rest of the bands will be like a total nostalgic Hippiefest  8)

So did you find some tickets for the concert?  Where is this concert?

Written By: karen on 04/26/07 at 10:52 am

Not this christmas I'm afraid.. maybe the one after.

I didn't realise you were staying for a while.  I thought it was just another of your tours!

Written By: La Roche on 04/26/07 at 11:07 am

I didn't realise you were staying for a while.  I thought it was just another of your tours!

I got offered a part scholarship to finish my degree, which I know you're a big supporter of everyone doing, so i figured.. Ok, I'll finish my degree.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/26/07 at 11:09 am

England's getting a break ;D

Written By: karen on 04/26/07 at 11:11 am

I got offered a part scholarship to finish my degree, which I know you're a big supporter of everyone doing, so i figured.. Ok, I'll finish my degree.

Good man!

Written By: La Roche on 04/26/07 at 12:30 pm

Good man!

Thanks.

I decided it was time to stop messing around and get serious, so I made some little inquiry's, they looked at my grades and what I'd done before and were happy to give me.. basically half price. Which is nice. Of course, that my Mother got her bachelors and masters there probably helped, they're big on alumni crap here in the states.

Written By: La Roche on 04/26/07 at 12:31 pm

England's getting a break ;D

England belongs to me.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/26/07 at 4:32 pm

The usual, drop off and pick up kids, run a few errands, iron clothes, cook dinner and clean up a bit. 

I just painted my nails blood red  :o ;D and I will be painting my toe nails shortly.

Written By: gemini on 04/26/07 at 4:45 pm

Worked.  :P Came home cooked dinner, the usual boring stuff. I haven't been here in awhile so I could tell you what I've done the past week or so. Oh, nevermind, same stuff as today, with a few exceptions.  :D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/26/07 at 4:48 pm

Worked.  :P Came home cooked dinner, the usual boring stuff. I haven't been here in awhile so I could tell you what I've done the past week or so. Oh, nevermind, same stuff as today, with a few exceptions.  :D

It's always nice to see you here, Rhonda.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/07 at 4:48 pm

Glad to see you back here, my friend.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/26/07 at 4:49 pm

Might go walk around in the park.  We've had a brief respit from the rain and the sun has come out full blazes and I'd like to get out for some semi-fresh air.

Written By: gemini on 04/26/07 at 4:50 pm

It's always nice to see you here, Rhonda.  :)

Glad to see you back here, my friend.

Cat

Awww, thanks ladies! Karma for you both!  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/26/07 at 4:51 pm

I just painted my nails blood red  :o ;D and I will be painting my toe nails shortly.

When I was growing up, my mom would never let me paint my nails red...it would always have to be pink or some other soft, muted color...

To this day, I still don't paint my nails red!  :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/07 at 4:52 pm

We just cooked out on the grill...before the rain started...now we are just hanging out in the house.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/26/07 at 4:56 pm

School and work today. I have my other class at 6pm.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/07 at 5:24 pm

Awww, thanks ladies! Karma for you both!  :)

Right back at ya. And to you CF-just because.  :)

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/26/07 at 5:34 pm

When I was growing up, my mom would never let me paint my nails red...it would always have to be pink or some other soft, muted color...

To this day, I still don't paint my nails red!  :o

I don't normally wear red but my daughter left it sitting out and I just picked it up and started polishing.  I'll probably take it off in the morning.

My parents wouldn't let us either, clear, pink or that pearly white was all that was allowed when we were young.  I remember going to my cousin's wedding in the early 80's and she had dark red nails.  My mother could not get past the nails, that was all she could talk about.  Not the flowers, not the food, not the dress or the ceremony, but the nails.  ;D  Up until she died, if she ever saw a photo of her wedding she would have to comment on the nails.

My daughter can paint her nails any color she wants, as long as she's a good kid what does it matter?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/07 at 5:37 pm

After dinner tonight, we are going to open a bottle of Spumonti and listen to tunes and chill.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 04/26/07 at 5:45 pm

Lucky Duck.... That sounds like a blast.  I would love to see Leslie West, I saw Mountain when the first album came out and have Mississippi Queen on the Ipod, and "Theme From an Imaginery Western" which I love and all my friends think is boring. Too bad about Felix Pappalardi, though. 

Written By: Howard on 04/26/07 at 7:40 pm

Today was the 230pm-630pm shift at Pathmark.

Written By: spaceace on 04/26/07 at 7:42 pm

Today was the 230pm-630pm shift at Pathmark.

Part-time . . . oh well, it's a job. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/26/07 at 7:45 pm

Part-time . . . oh well, it's a job. :)

Well Spaceace maybe within the next 6 months to a year,I could get full time.But for right now It's part time at 8 dollars an hour,It's a start.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/26/07 at 7:54 pm

FINALLY finished 1 paper.....1 down, 1 to go :D

Written By: spaceace on 04/26/07 at 7:56 pm

Well Spaceace maybe within the next 6 months to a year,I could get full time.But for right now It's part time at 8 dollars an hour,It's a start.

It's a job Howard!!!  We are very proud of you.  Full time when you're ready o.k.? :)

Written By: Howard on 04/26/07 at 7:57 pm

It's a job Howard!!!  We are very proud of you.  Full time when you're ready o.k.? :)

Yeah,my job coach will help me down the road to see if it's worth working full time with the SSI I get once a month.

Written By: spaceace on 04/26/07 at 7:59 pm

Yeah,my job coach will help me down the road to see if it's worth working full time with the SSI I get once a month.

One step at a time.  We're with you all the way. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/26/07 at 8:01 pm

One step at a time.  We're with you all the way. :)

Thanks Spaceace.I need a lot of support.Hopefully If I get this full time somewhere down the road,I'll be very happy.

Written By: spaceace on 04/26/07 at 8:03 pm

Thanks Spaceace.I need a lot of support.Hopefully If I get this full time somewhere down the road,I'll be very happy.

We could ONLY hope and wish the best for you.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/07 at 8:04 pm

We could ONLY hope and wish the best for you.

I have to do my best in keeping the job as security.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/07 at 8:05 pm

I have to do my best in keeping the job as security.

you'll do fine Howard! If you put your mind to it, and think positive...everything will be great! :)

Written By: Howard on 04/26/07 at 8:06 pm

you'll do fine Howard! If you put your mind to it, and think positive...everything will be great! :)

What's the odds of Pathmark being full time for me? ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/07 at 8:12 pm

What's the odds of Pathmark being full time for me? ???

just hang in there Howard...if you show them that you are a good employee and you work hard...chances are they will give you full-time...when time allows.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/26/07 at 8:31 pm

waiting for Julie to wake from her nap so we can light candles & gorge on her birthday cake
and I have a softball game tonight

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/27/07 at 12:58 am

So did you find some tickets for the concert?  Where is this concert?
It's in Saratoga at the Mountain Winery near Cupertino/San Jose/Mountan View area.  There are still tix for sale but I have not bought them yet. I saw some on Ebay also.

Lucky Duck.... That sounds like a blast.  I would love to see Leslie West, I saw Mountain when the first album came out and have Mississippi Queen on the Ipod, and "Theme From an Imaginery Western" which I love and all my friends think is boring. Too bad about Felix Pappalardi, though. 
I sure wanna go and "Theme From an Imaginery Western" is probably my favorite song too. Mrs Pappalardi blew Felix away, very tragic. Loved his vocals. Their Twin Peaks live album is my favorite.

------------------
we won our game tonight in the bottom of the last inning. I hit a 3 run home run which was my first HR for Thursday night. That got my confidence soaring like a hawk  8) but I made an error in the last inning that almost cost us.  :o Fortunately we scored 4 runs to win, I was the tying run. Redeemed ! :)

Written By: karen on 04/27/07 at 4:17 am

Trying to sort out office space upstairs but it means contacting someone who left just before Easter to see when they are coming to collect their stuff.  Sorting out equipment now the projects have finished, working out what needs replacing, mending etc.

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/27/07 at 5:43 am

Thanks.

I decided it was time to stop messing around and get serious, so I made some little inquiry's, they looked at my grades and what I'd done before and were happy to give me.. basically half price. Which is nice. Of course, that my Mother got her bachelors and masters there probably helped, they're big on alumni crap here in the states.

Davey is becoming a nerd!!!

That's really cool,congrats ;)

Written By: karen on 04/27/07 at 6:09 am

Nah he just finally realised I was right!

Written By: Howard on 04/27/07 at 6:24 am

just hang in there Howard...if you show them that you are a good employee and you work hard...chances are they will give you full-time...when time allows.

Right,just like my Mother said,you want to get yourself established first and maybe somewhere in the future there's a possiblity for full time so that way Robin And I can afford to purchase a small apartment for ourselves to live in.

Written By: Gis on 04/27/07 at 6:42 am

I don't normally wear red but my daughter left it sitting out and I just picked it up and started polishing.  I'll probably take it off in the morning.

My parents wouldn't let us either, clear, pink or that pearly white was all that was allowed when we were young.  I remember going to my cousin's wedding in the early 80's and she had dark red nails.  My mother could not get past the nails, that was all she could talk about.  Not the flowers, not the food, not the dress or the ceremony, but the nails.   ;D  Up until she died, if she ever saw a photo of her wedding she would have to comment on the nails.

My daughter can paint her nails any color she wants, as long as she's a good kid what does it matter?
I had my nails any colour under the sun too! I was always getting told off at school for wearing nail polish we weren't allowed too. ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/27/07 at 11:10 am

leaving for work in a couple of minutes, then after work meeting Diane & some friends for dinner at Macaroni Grill, and then tomorrow morning, me and my 2 buds are headed over to Las Vegas for the weekend to see http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_RqoCIDJG7VsAJFajzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsMW5yM3VoBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTA2Nl84OA--/SIG=128ue7icv/EXP=1177776514/**http%3A//www.lasvegas-nv.com/showpics/beatles-love.jpg here's a write up on the show.

A joint production with Apple Records about "living the Beatles Experience" and featuring the music of none other than the Beatles themselves. Originating from a past suggestion by the late George Harrison, the project concept passed the approval of Paul, Ringo, Yoko and others and will be the first time such full-fledged cooperation has been leant to a musical production utilizing their ageless hits. The Beatles LOVE show explores the content of the songs, through the poetry of the lyrics, as interpreted by unique performances from a cast of international artists including aerial performance, extreme sports and urban freestyle dance. A unique soundtrack of Beatles music has been created for LOVE using the original master tapes at Abbey Road Studios which when combined with the panorama of the custom-built theatre at The Mirage will envelop the audience in a Beatles experience as never before

Written By: La Roche on 04/27/07 at 12:01 pm

I was always a nerd. I have like a 3.7 - 3.8 GPA, I'm totally smart... I just don't act it, because I'm immature.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/27/07 at 12:11 pm

I'm getting ready to go to the grocery store.....and oh so motivated to do it, can't you tell :D

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/27/07 at 12:16 pm

I was always a nerd. I have like a 3.7 - 3.8 GPA, I'm totally smart... I just don't act it, because I'm immature.

You show off!
Brains are so overrated ::)

I'm about to leave for this work thing that will take all weekend,and i can't even complain 'cause it's what i love to do :-\\

Written By: Howard on 04/27/07 at 3:00 pm

I volunteered today.

Written By: La Roche on 04/27/07 at 3:01 pm

You show off!
Brains are so overrated ::)

I'm about to leave for this work thing that will take all weekend,and i can't even complain 'cause it's what i love to do :-\\

;)

Brains suck.. cus.. they're geeky. NERDS!

Hehe.

Enjoy yourself.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/27/07 at 4:16 pm

I worked, and now I'm home.  Steve and I were going to go see "The Invisible" this afternoon (we got free passes) but he wasn't feeling well so he took a long nap.  Now he's in the shower, and I don't know what we're going to do, but I had to get on the site!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/28/07 at 12:54 am

as soon as I pack my duffel bag, I'm showering & going to sleep as my pal is picking me up at 430am & we're flying to Las Vegas for the weekend.  mens road trip Sin City. I've been advised to try to be good, but not too good  ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/28/07 at 1:16 am

as soon as I pack my duffel bag, I'm showering & going to sleep as my pal is picking me up at 430am & we're flying to Las Vegas for the weekend.  mens road trip Sin City. I've been advised to try to be good, but not too good  ;)

You should just sleep for two days.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/28/07 at 6:51 am

Leaves, all the ones that didn't fall early enough in autumn have to be gathered up now.  I live surrounded by oak, the last ones to shed there leaves, so I have just as many now as I did in November. I feel like "The Woman in the Dunes"    :( 

Written By: Howard on 04/28/07 at 6:52 am

Pathmark today from 3pm-7pm.

Written By: gemini on 04/28/07 at 9:01 am

Getting my hair cut, then going with Linz to get her hair done for prom tonight. I told her she didn't need her old mom tagging along, but she said it's my last prom and I want you to be there.   :\'(  Then later I'm going to her friends where all the kids will be gathering for the parents to take pictures. Then, I'll lay awake all night worrying like I did last year.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/28/07 at 10:14 am

leaving for work in a couple of minutes, then after work meeting Diane & some friends for dinner at Macaroni Grill, and then tomorrow morning, me and my 2 buds are headed over to Las Vegas for the weekend to see http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_RqoCIDJG7VsAJFajzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsMW5yM3VoBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTA2Nl84OA--/SIG=128ue7icv/EXP=1177776514/**http%3A//www.lasvegas-nv.com/showpics/beatles-love.jpg here's a write up on the show.

A joint production with Apple Records about "living the Beatles Experience" and featuring the music of none other than the Beatles themselves. Originating from a past suggestion by the late George Harrison, the project concept passed the approval of Paul, Ringo, Yoko and others and will be the first time such full-fledged cooperation has been leant to a musical production utilizing their ageless hits. The Beatles LOVE show explores the content of the songs, through the poetry of the lyrics, as interpreted by unique performances from a cast of international artists including aerial performance, extreme sports and urban freestyle dance. A unique soundtrack of Beatles music has been created for LOVE using the original master tapes at Abbey Road Studios which when combined with the panorama of the custom-built theatre at The Mirage will envelop the audience in a Beatles experience as never before

I hope you have a great time!!
I bet you paid a pretty penny for those tickets, we treated my mother-in-law to a show in Orlando and it was costly. 

Written By: Gis on 04/28/07 at 11:11 am

Babysitting in a short while.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/28/07 at 11:41 am

I cleaned up the basement, vacuumed and washed the floor upstairs, played outside with the kids for a little while, now we're going to make some salt-dough. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/07 at 2:12 pm

We went to the bank and the store to look at lawn and garden stuff earlier...now I am relaxing before I head off to work for the evening.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/28/07 at 7:19 pm

This week chore was planting in the back garden. Before I planted the garden I dug a deep hole in
one corner so I can give the snake a proper burial.  :(

After I buried the snake, I turned over the soil and planted the second batch of vegetables. One more
weekend and all my gardens will be planted.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/28/07 at 7:26 pm

This week chore was planting in the back garden. Before I planted the garden I dug a deep hole in
one corner so I can give the snake a proper burial.  :(

After I buried the snake, I turned over the soil and planted the second batch of vegetables. One more
weekend and all my gardens will be planted.

I hope you're doing O.K..  I know how difficult it is to lose a pet.  :(

What do you usually grow?  I used to have a big garden with corn, peppers, beans, and some other stuff.  Now, I'm lucky if I get tomatoes planted.  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 04/28/07 at 7:35 pm

I hope you're doing O.K..  I know how difficult it is to lose a pet.   :(

What do you usually grow?  I used to have a big garden with corn, peppers, beans, and some other stuff.  Now, I'm lucky if I get tomatoes planted.   ;D

Thanks Carol, all is well. Even though it was expected it doesn't make it any easier.

OK, in the front garden I have tomatoes, bell peppers, hot banana peppers, cucumbers and asparagus.

In the back garden I have broccoli, romaine lettuce and iceberg lettuce.

The side garden will have corn.

Also this year, my experiment plant will be strawberries.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/28/07 at 8:14 pm

Getting my hair cut, then going with Linz to get her hair done for prom tonight. I told her she didn't need her old mom tagging along, but she said it's my last prom and I want you to be there.  :\'(  Then later I'm going to her friends where all the kids will be gathering for the parents to take pictures. Then, I'll lay awake all night worrying like I did last year.

I saw a couple limos out and about today and wondered if prom season was upon us.  Apparently it is.  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/28/07 at 8:16 pm

Did dishes, ran vaccuum, gathered up laundry to do tomorrow, went out for a drive since it was a semi-nice day in between the raindrops.  Saw a beautiful rainbow today but my camera was in the car so I didn't walk back to get it, it (the rainbow) was gone by the time I got out of the store.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/07 at 10:32 pm

I worked tonight...it was SO busy..I love it when it is busy..makes the night go fast. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 04/29/07 at 12:27 pm

It is so dreary and damp, but Jake starts track and field today so we will be out at the stadium.  If it rains we will go home.

Written By: La Roche on 04/29/07 at 1:48 pm

.. oh.. you know, not much.. nothing really.. err.. yeah apart from that I err...

HUNG OUT WITH SLAYER THIS MORNING!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/29/07 at 1:53 pm

Went to an all-you-can-eat brunch buffet and I did. Now, I'm unconfortablely full.  :P

Cat

Written By: Gis on 04/29/07 at 3:10 pm

.. oh.. you know, not much.. nothing really.. err.. yeah apart from that I err...

Go on then....................DETAILS!!!!!!!

Written By: La Roche on 04/29/07 at 3:31 pm

Go on then....................DETAILS!!!!!!!

Buddy of mine runs a record store here in town. I got a call early this morning that they were gonna be there (at the same place on Tuesday, Lacuna Coil are playing a rather special little private acoustic set) anyhow.. I was there within about 3 minutes quite literally doing about 90 down Hampton.. anywho, turned up, I mainly hung out with John, but by default I hung out with Slayer.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/29/07 at 6:47 pm

Went to Church today.  I hadn't gone in quite some time and after going to my niece's Communion my daughter decided she wanted to go to church every Sunday.

Went to Home Depot after church and got some mulch and some petunias. 

Came home and watched the kids play on the water slide.

Had Chinese for dinner and now I'm going to relax.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/29/07 at 6:58 pm

Buddy of mine runs a record store here in town. I got a call early this morning that they were gonna be there (at the same place on Tuesday, Lacuna Coil are playing a rather special little private acoustic set) anyhow.. I was there within about 3 minutes quite literally doing about 90 down Hampton.. anywho, turned up, I mainly hung out with John, but by default I hung out with Slayer.

Sounds like you had a great day. 

You mention Lacuna Coil, I took you advice; I bought  Lacuna Coil's Karmacode CD and two Sonata Arctica CDs.
Now I have to go and buy the rest of the CDs from these bands.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/07 at 9:23 pm

went to church..out to breakfast with some friends....then came home for a bit. Then we went and priced landscape bricks/plants/etc...for our yardwork next Saturday..then we went to my parents house for awhile..and then drove with my sister down near Pittsburgh.

Written By: Howard on 04/29/07 at 10:03 pm

worked today from 10-4 then went to see Robin after 4 for the rest of the evening.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/07 at 10:08 pm

worked today from 10-4 then went to see Robin after 4 for the rest of the evening.

did you guys have fun? Was she nice to you?

Written By: Howard on 04/29/07 at 10:24 pm

did you guys have fun? Was she nice to you?

Well Erin we're partially back together not fully and some occasions she was nice but other times not so nice.She was telling me about working for The USPS but I told her that I don't want to and Pathmark will get in the way so the conversation failed afterwards.

Yes we had fun.We went to Nathans and watched Stranger Than Fiction.

I think her Mother is right.What good is seeing her daughter 1 day a week for dating when you can move up in the relationship and see her more often,meaning to create a future which I know I want but not right now.I want to establish myself with Pathmark,hopefully I'll get full time and maybe Her And I will see about an apartment together.Her parents are still telling her to move on but I always give her a reason to stay with me.emotionally and physically I could take care of her but not finanically.It's going to be hard but It could work out in the end,somehow.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/29/07 at 10:26 pm

We slept in this morning, then just sort of lazed around and finished our laundry.  We went over to Kmart to see if we could find some clear containers to store cereal in.  We don't eat it fast enough and it tends to go stale, so we thought those might help.  We didn't find any, but I did get a pair of khaki Capri pants, so I'm happy.  Afterward we went over to my dad's for Sunday dinner.  It was my turn to plan the meal, so we had Mexican (see the what did you just eat thread) and it was great!  And now I'm relaxing.

And, Loki, I was also really sorry to hear about your snake.   :(

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/29/07 at 10:29 pm

Steve will be green with envy!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/07 at 10:29 pm

Well Erin we're partially back together not fully and some occasions she was nice but other times not so nice.She was telling me about working for The USPS but I told her that I don't want to and Pathmark will get in the way so the conversation failed afterwards.

Yes we had fun.We went to Nathans and watched Stranger Than Fiction.

I think her Mother is right.What good is seeing her daughter 1 day a week for dating when you can move up in the relationship and see her more often,meaning to create a future which I know I want but not right now.I want to establish myself with Pathmark,hopefully I'll get full time and maybe Her And I will see about an apartment together.Her parents are still telling her to move on but I always give her a reason to stay with me.emotionally and physically I could take care of her but not finanically.It's going to be hard but It could work out in the end,somehow.

well..you can tell her (regarding the USPS)....it's VERY hard to get into there...and you would never get full-time with them right away. I know people that work there..and you seriously have to be there for YEARS upon YEARS before a full-time position opens up. Basically what you do is work part-time/on-call...where they call you when they have the hours to give you....but it's nearly impossible to get a full-time job there w/o having done your time and dues.....so that obviously wouldn't make her happy either Howard..because you would hardly be working there. ;)

Written By: La Roche on 04/29/07 at 11:32 pm

Sounds like you had a great day. 

You mention Lacuna Coil, I took you advice; I bought  Lacuna Coil's Karmacode CD and two Sonata Arctica CDs.
Now I have to go and buy the rest of the CDs from these bands.  ;D

SHUH!!

I bought Karamacode the other day.. but admittedly, haven't got around to listening to it yet.

I'm glad you liked them by the way.

Steve will be green with envy!

Pete was quite literally fumeing.. especially cus I didn't buy some cd's for him to have signed.  ;D

Written By: Gis on 04/30/07 at 1:27 am

SHUH!!

I bought Karamacode the other day.. but admittedly, haven't got around to listening to it yet.

I'm glad you liked them by the way.

Pete was quite literally fumeing.. especially cus I didn't buy some cd's for him to have signed.  ;D
Call yourself a friend!!

Himself will be green too when I tell him tonight.  ;D

Written By: karen on 04/30/07 at 4:31 am

On Saturday afternoon I took my mum to visit my dad in hospital.  He had some tests on Friday and will be having a defibrillator fitted tomorrow.  He has had a heart problem for the past 20 years or so.  We thought he was more or less stable recently and then he had a heart attack last year.

On Saturday evening it was the orienteering club dinner.  This was a re-run because the original dinner was cancelled because of snow.  We present the club awards here and on the night we vote for sports personality of the year.  This year was won by one of the juniors, who, at a recent event, got dressed into her orienteering sports kit directly over her pyjamas and didn't realise until she was getting changed after the race!

Yesterday my daughter went to her friends birthday party.  They went to Twycross Zoo for the day.  I took my mum and my son to the National Space Centre in Leicester and we had a great time.  James loves anything to do with space.

Usual work stuff today.  I need to leave early to take my daughter to her French lesson, my dad normally does this for me.

Written By: Howard on 04/30/07 at 6:16 am

well..you can tell her (regarding the USPS)....it's VERY hard to get into there...and you would never get full-time with them right away. I know people that work there..and you seriously have to be there for YEARS upon YEARS before a full-time position opens up. Basically what you do is work part-time/on-call...where they call you when they have the hours to give you....but it's nearly impossible to get a full-time job there w/o having done your time and dues.....so that obviously wouldn't make her happy either Howard..because you would hardly be working there. ;)

So the only thing that would make her happy is for me getting Full Time.I tell her that everything is going to be alright when I talk to her over the phone and in person.I don't want her to move on because I feel what she wants is right here in front of her,Me!If she only thinks positive,good things will happen.She is not a fairy tale cinderella where she has to get married before midnight or something bad will happen.Or This relationship is more like The Dating Game,The Bachelor or some other silly dating reality show.Things will work out,It'll happen within time just not right now.

Written By: Howard on 04/30/07 at 6:18 am

working from 1030am-3pm at Pathmark.

Written By: La Roche on 04/30/07 at 7:53 am

Call yourself a friend!!

Himself will be green too when I tell him tonight.  ;D

Hopefully.  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/30/07 at 2:16 pm

I am working today and then visiting with my cousin at 6:30pm to catch up with one another and talk about things.

Written By: Gis on 04/30/07 at 4:16 pm

Hopefully.  ;D
Ian said 'Mint' and 'Did he find out which one of them is the homophobe?' apparently it was a big thing in a recent Metal hammer interview.........

Written By: Howard on 04/30/07 at 4:17 pm

Pathmark from 1030am-3pm

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/30/07 at 5:24 pm

I cleaned (did laundry, vaccumed, scrubbed floors, organized, etc.) this morning...then Vaughn and I went shopping for a bit, then I took him to the playground. Later...we started our landscaping out in front of the house...and now I am just waiting for Chris to bring home our Chinese takeout food. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/01/07 at 2:35 am

I hope you have a great time!!
I bet you paid a pretty penny for those tickets, we treated my mother-in-law to a show in Orlando and it was costly. 
thanks. I had a super time and the show was really good!!!  they weren't too bad at $137 apiece and we had good seats. I recommend it for any beatles music fan & I'm ready to go back & see it again with Lady Di

Written By: La Roche on 05/02/07 at 4:35 pm

Ian said 'Mint' and 'Did he find out which one of them is the homophobe?' apparently it was a big thing in a recent Metal hammer interview.........

Well, none of them are pretty keen on poofs.. I didn't actually ask "So, who wants to borrow my boots and braces?"  ;D

The one thing I will say.. Kerry is a midget.. I mean we're talking maybe 5'6? He's a dwarf!

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/02/07 at 4:38 pm

The one thing I will say.. Kerry is a midget.. I mean we're talking maybe 5'6? He's a dwarf!

Hey, i am around 5'6,who are you calling a dwarf? >:(

Written By: Howard on 05/02/07 at 4:39 pm

Today was Pathmark from 10am-4pm and boy was it busy with the carts.The best part of the job is coming home and relaxing. :)

Written By: La Roche on 05/02/07 at 7:33 pm

Hey, i am around 5'6,who are you calling a dwarf? >:(

Yeah.. but a) You're not in one of the most brutal bands ever, b) you're not a guy and c) you don't pride yourself on being a tough sumbitch..

I could totally take Kerry King.. it wouldn't even be a challenge.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/02/07 at 8:33 pm

logging off here at work, stopping by Costco for a little shopping and then homeward bound.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/02/07 at 10:43 pm

I had lunch with a girlfriend, did some sewing, and packed for our trip.  We are going to Carson City this weekend - I used to live there.  I can't wait to see my old friends, and old haunts.  I'm also really excited just to go on a road trip with my husband.  We always have so much fun!

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/03/07 at 5:26 am

I had lunch with a girlfriend, did some sewing, and packed for our trip.  We are going to Carson City this weekend - I used to live there.  I can't wait to see my old friends, and old haunts.  I'm also really excited just to go on a road trip with my husband.  We always have so much fun!

I think Hemingway said it best: “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love” ;)

Written By: La Roche on 05/03/07 at 12:54 pm

I think Hemingway said it best: “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love” ;)

I've been on a lot of airplanes.. could this explain my general disdain for the populace at large?

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/04/07 at 9:27 am

I've been on a lot of airplanes.. could this explain my general disdain for the populace at large?

Probably :P

But it's so true that,everytime i went on a trip with someone for more than a week i ended up hating them,'cause when you love em you can scream at them and they forgive you,when you don't you don't say nothing and keep hoping they just get lost when they go sightseeing by themselves :-X

This thread should be locked, oh wait it can't cause the person who started it WAS BANNED >:(

Written By: Tia on 05/04/07 at 9:28 am

But it's so true that,everytime i went on a trip with someone for more than a week i ended up hating them,'cause when you love em you can scream at them and they forgive you,when you don't you don't say nothing and keep hoping they just get lost when they go sightseeing by themselves :-X

This thread should be locked, oh wait it can't cause the person who started it WAS BANNED >:(
haha! we should post here forever, out of love for those lost. :\'(

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/04/07 at 9:32 am

Yes we should!

For Beth 8)
"Tell me, sister morphine, when are you coming round again? Oh,I don't think I can wait that long. Oh,you see that I'm not that strong"

Written By: La Roche on 05/04/07 at 1:02 pm

I went on a trip with a buddy of mine and a couple other guys he knew. We went down to Kos, which is a greek island (I believe I've been to every major Greek Island) anyhow, it was a 2 week trip and after 5 days it had got to the point where he was driving me nuts. All he and the others wanted to do was lay around by the pool.. I'm happy to do that for a day or two, but that's it. So every day I'd get up around the crack of noon (thanks to some pretty extreme drinking) and go explore. Anyhow, I eventually hooked up with these two Dutch guys who I really hit it off with. We rented motorbikes and went everywhere and took a trip to Turkey as well. Afterwards we exchanged phone numbers and addresses and I went over to Amsterdam and stayed with them for a week and had what can only be described as the best week of my life. I swear I didn't pay for anything the whole time I was there, not for lack of trying, but these guys were.... 'connected'... and everything was on the house. I was generally too drunk or too high to care. Anyway, a couple months after, they came to London for 3 days and we had a great time there.. so it just goes to show, if you do go away with people that annoy you, it can have it's benefits.

Written By: Howard on 05/04/07 at 3:16 pm

But It's not April anymore. >:(

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/04/07 at 8:02 pm

Again, I seriously doubt that the world will end if we post in a thread that isn't the proper month.  Eventually it'll become the right month again. Sometimes it's a shame when conversations get started in a thread and then get dropped just because it's a new month and the thread is locked.  It kinda breaks up the conversation when you have to go somewhere else to talk about it.  Sorry, guess I'm just babbling again.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/05/07 at 5:48 am

I went on a trip with a buddy of mine and a couple other guys he knew. We went down to Kos, which is a greek island (I believe I've been to every major Greek Island) anyhow, it was a 2 week trip and after 5 days it had got to the point where he was driving me nuts. All he and the others wanted to do was lay around by the pool.. I'm happy to do that for a day or two, but that's it. So every day I'd get up around the crack of noon (thanks to some pretty extreme drinking) and go explore. Anyhow, I eventually hooked up with these two Dutch guys who I really hit it off with. We rented motorbikes and went everywhere and took a trip to Turkey as well. Afterwards we exchanged phone numbers and addresses and I went over to Amsterdam and stayed with them for a week and had what can only be described as the best week of my life. I swear I didn't pay for anything the whole time I was there, not for lack of trying, but these guys were.... 'connected'... and everything was on the house. I was generally too drunk or too high to care. Anyway, a couple months after, they came to London for 3 days and we had a great time there.. so it just goes to show, if you do go away with people that annoy you, it can have it's benefits.

This does my heart good!  I did a few adventures like this in my life while a lot of my friends were home getting married and looking at me like I was a bit out of my mind(which I was, and still remain).  I get back to look on all that now and love the friggin memories.
Good on you Davey.    ;D

Written By: La Roche on 05/05/07 at 8:53 am

This does my heart good!  I did a few adventures like this in my life while a lot of my friends were home getting married and looking at me like I was a bit out of my mind(which I was, and still remain).  I get back to look on all that now and love the friggin memories.
Good on you Davey.    ;D

Thanks!

I figure, why be boring when you can have fun.

Day to day I don't think my life is particularly exciting, but like.. once a year, I'll just decide to go off and do some stuff, it's great.

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/05/07 at 10:49 am

Good on you Davey.    ;D

Thanks!

I figure, why be boring when you can have fun.

Day to day I don't think my life is particularly exciting, but like.. once a year, I'll just decide to go off and do some stuff, it's great.

Exactly,day to day life can be so boring,if i don't go somewhere else at least every 6 months i get all jittery,it's a medical condition :o i need the excitement that only traveling can give me or i'll die!

Written By: La Roche on 05/05/07 at 4:39 pm

Exactly,day to day life can be so boring,if i don't go somewhere else at least every 6 months i get all jittery,it's a medical condition :o i need the excitement that only traveling can give me or i'll die!

Bingo.

I graduated from High School a little over 5 years ago and since then I've not been in the same place for more than a year.

Check for new replies or respond here...