inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please consider sponsoring me

Written By: karen on 04/25/07 at 3:56 am

Myself and my daughter Elizabeth are taking part in the Loughborough Race for Life on 17/06/2007 to raise money for Cancer Research UK and would really welcome your support.

Please take a moment to sponsor us. It's really easy - you can donate online by credit or debit card at the following address:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/karenandelizabeth

All donations are secure and sent electronically to Cancer Research UK.  If you are a UK taxpayer, Justgiving will add an automatic 28% bonus to your donation at no cost to you.  Please join me in supporting Cancer Research UK and a fabulous cause!  The money raised will go towards research into cancers that primarily affect women.  For example it was Cancer Research UK funded scientists who discovered the full potential of tamoxifen, a drug used to treat thousands of women with breast cancer.

To date I have had four female friends pass away from cancer (two breast cancer, two cervical cancer) and have two more friends who are taking tamoxifen after having had surgery for breast cancer.  Elizabeth currently has a friend receiving chemo as part of his treatment after having a brain tumour removed earlier this year.

Subject: Re: Please consider sponsoring me

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/25/07 at 7:21 am

Myself and my daughter Elizabeth are taking part in the Loughborough Race for Life on 17/06/2007 to raise money for Cancer Research UK and would really welcome your support.

Please take a moment to sponsor us. It's really easy - you can donate online by credit or debit card at the following address:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/karenandelizabeth

All donations are secure and sent electronically to Cancer Research UK.  If you are a UK taxpayer, Justgiving will add an automatic 28% bonus to your donation at no cost to you.  Please join me in supporting Cancer Research UK and a fabulous cause!  The money raised will go towards research into cancers that primarily affect women.  For example it was Cancer Research UK funded scientists who discovered the full potential of tamoxifen, a drug used to treat thousands of women with breast cancer.

To date I have had four female friends pass away from cancer (two breast cancer, two cervical cancer) and have two more friends who are taking tamoxifen after having had surgery for breast cancer.  Elizabeth currently has a friend receiving chemo as part of his treatment after having a brain tumour removed earlier this year.
awww, crap.  That stupid Verified by Visa.....hubby apparently registered for it one time and has now locked himself out so I have to wait for him to unlock it.....I'll activate my new card (our Visa is switching to a Mastercard) as soon as I talk to hubby and tell him not to use the old one so I can donate :)

Written By: karen on 04/25/07 at 8:41 am

awww, crap.  That stupid Verified by Visa.....hubby apparently registered for it one time and has now locked himself out so I have to wait for him to unlock it.....I'll activate my new card (our Visa is switching to a Mastercard) as soon as I talk to hubby and tell him not to use the old one so I can donate :)

thanks  (and karma)

Written By: Henk on 04/25/07 at 3:24 pm

As much as I would like to...I can't, 'cause I don't have a credit card. :(

On the bright side: I'm already donating on a regular basis to the Dutch Cancer Research.

Written By: karen on 04/26/07 at 3:26 am

As much as I would like to...I can't, 'cause I don't have a credit card. :(

you can send me a cheque direct!  ;)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 04/26/07 at 3:33 am

Karen-

I wish I could help- I had a brother-in-law that died from a rare form of leukemia.
My grandfather passed away from stomach cancer, December 26, 1993.

Unfortunately, I am on a VERY fixed income (U.S. SSI/SSD).

However, please know that you have my total spiritual support, and when you run, I will be there in spirit, running with you. I also participate in a program where we collect soda can poppers, & send them to the American Cancer Society. Each popper sent in is 1 free minute of dialysis, for someone who needs it.

I wish you success!

Written By: karen on 04/26/07 at 3:56 am

Karen-

I wish I could help- I had a brother-in-law that died from a rare form of leukemia.
My grandfather passed away from stomach cancer, December 26, 1993.

Unfortunately, I am on a VERY fixed income (U.S. SSI/SSD).

However, please know that you have my total spiritual support, and when you run, I will be there in spirit, running with you. I also participate in a program where we collect soda can poppers, & send them to the American Cancer Society. Each popper sent in is 1 free minute of dialysis, for someone who needs it.

I wish you success!

thanks and

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

Written By: Gis on 04/26/07 at 4:49 am

you can send me a cheque direct!  ;)
It will cost you £15 to process an oversea's cheque so that might defeat the object!

Written By: Paul on 04/26/07 at 7:48 am

£20 to your worthy cause...hope all goes well... :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/26/07 at 8:02 am

thanks  (and karma)
Well, hubby used the card yesterday so I called the cc company to ask them about the charge going through and they said to wait another day because it hadn't reached them yet so hopefully it will post today and I can do it this afternoon :)

Written By: karen on 04/30/07 at 4:33 am

thanks to all those who have sponsored me and Elizabeth

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/30/07 at 8:43 am

Well, hubby has decided he doesn't want the Mastercard so I have to wait until I get added to his United FF Visa.....OH WAIT!!!  I wonder if my debit card will work???

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/30/07 at 8:47 am

YAY!!!  It worked!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...