inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with a UK e-mail address

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/09/07 at 6:00 pm

I do geneology.  I have gotten at least 4 e-mails from the same person, same e-mail requesting information about a common ancestor that we have.  I have no problem sharing with her what I information I have (ESPECIALLY if she is from the UK where getting information about an ancester from the late 1800s in the US, could prove more difficult.)  Anyways, I've tried e-mailing her back and it is then returned undeliverable.  Everytime this lady writes, it is always using the same e-mail address, and I've also tried to look her up online. 

Does anyone know anything about freeserve.uk?  I am trying to contact Sandy and Alan Hopper - joseph@oseph.freeserve.co.uk  I do not know where in England they may be living.

I've tried adding a j after the @ sign just in case it was accidently left off.  I've tried searching for freeserve.co.uk.  But haven't gotten very far.  Any suggestions I can try?

Subject: Re: Help with a UK e-mail address

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/09/07 at 6:08 pm

I do geneology.  I have gotten at least 4 e-mails from the same person, same e-mail requesting information about a common ancestor that we have.  I have no problem sharing with her what I information I have (ESPECIALLY if she is from the UK where getting information about an ancester from the late 1800s in the US, could prove more difficult.)  Anyways, I've tried e-mailing her back and it is then returned undeliverable.  Everytime this lady writes, it is always using the same e-mail address, and I've also tried to look her up online. 

Does anyone know anything about freeserve.uk?  I am trying to contact Sandy and Alan Hopper - joseph@oseph.freeserve.co.uk  I do not know where in England they may be living.

I've tried adding a j after the @ sign just in case it was accidently left off.  I've tried searching for freeserve.co.uk.  But haven't gotten very far.  Any suggestions I can try?

I did a search and came up with this.

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.toy/187/mb.ashx

Don't know if that is same person or not.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/09/07 at 6:23 pm

Thanks Cat, I will try contacting this person to see if maybe they are one and the same.  :)

Written By: karen on 05/11/07 at 7:38 am

I sent an e-mail to the address you gave.  It hasn't bounced back yet!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/08 at 5:28 am

Did you eventually gain contact with them?

Written By: Gis on 02/03/08 at 5:18 am

I wonder...............

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/08 at 5:19 am

I did a search and came up with this.

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.toy/187/mb.ashx

Don't know if that is same person or not.

Cat
The URL does not exist anymore.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/03/08 at 8:34 am

No.  I gave up after sending 3 e-mails out with no response.  That's my limit.  I really couldn't help her much anyways as all the information I had about our common ancestor was stuff I got online (which she probably already had)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/08 at 12:51 pm

With my genealogical skills can I help in anyway?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/03/08 at 1:44 pm

Thank you but she was asking about a brother of my great grandfather (who appears that he was born in America).  Stidger S. Coutz born 22 June 1881 in Marshall County, WV. He died from in September 1969.  I never did find out why she was asking/how she was related.  It was a collateral line (for me) which I did not do much researching on.  Too many relatives, not enough time.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/08 at 1:48 pm

Thank you but she was asking about a brother of my great grandfather (who appears that he was born in America).  Stidger S. Coutz born 22 June 1881 in Marshall County, WV. He died from in September 1969.  I never did find out why she was asking/how she was related.  It was a collateral line (for me) which I did not do much researching on.  Too many relatives, not enough time.   ;D
Please do not hesitate to PM me if you have any info I could do in the UK for you.

I have over 1000 member recorded in my family.

Check for new replies or respond here...