inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My front porch... in progress...

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/10/07 at 6:10 pm

My New Front Porch...

it's an ongoing work in progress as you can see.  I finally got off my rear and uploaded the pictures to my website.  It's been so nice this year, it kills me that I can't be out there right now enjoying it.

Subject: Re: My front porch... in progress...

Written By: spaceace on 05/10/07 at 6:21 pm

My New Front Porch...

it's an ongoing work in progress as you can see.  I finally got off my rear and uploaded the pictures to my website.  It's been so nice this year, it kills me that I can't be out there right now enjoying it.

My only question is this . . . Did you make it big enough so WE ALL could sit on the front porch??? :)

Written By: whistledog on 05/10/07 at 6:32 pm

That's a big porch :o

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/10/07 at 8:39 pm

That's a big porch :o

the funny thing is, it doesn't feel as big as I envisioned.  It's the largest I could build it (twice the width of the old one), yet I still wish it were larger.  I also kind of wish I had them build it with cathedral ceilings, the final ceiling is going to be 7ft.  I'm sure it'll be fine when it's done either way... I'm just way too picky.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/10/07 at 9:18 pm

the funny thing is, it doesn't feel as big as I envisioned.  It's the largest I could build it (twice the width of the old one), yet I still wish it were larger.  I also kind of wish I had them build it with cathedral ceilings, the final ceiling is going to be 7ft.  I'm sure it'll be fine when it's done either way... I'm just way too picky.
It never does.  When we've built our houses, they always seem much bigger on paper than in reality...

Written By: nally on 05/10/07 at 11:19 pm

It's always fun to see construction photos... that does look like a mighty interesting one. O0

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/11/07 at 1:25 am

looks great Chucky. At first it appears that your house is the only house around until I saw the pic from the porch looking out, then I see the other houses. Looks like a peaceful rural piece of Americana. Now you can get a comfy chair and relax out there on the porch. nice work.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/11/07 at 1:41 am

If that is a front porch how big is the rest of the house?

It looks grand.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/11/07 at 4:02 am

Lucky you!!!! I have been waiting for the promised new front porch for about 5 years. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/11/07 at 7:43 am

If that is a front porch how big is the rest of the house?

It looks grand.

the porch is 20x10 (the old one was 20x6 with a 45 degree pitched floor due to the supports rotting out).  The house is 20x30.  Though later this summer I hope to add another 10x20 addition to the back of the house to give it a proper kitchen.  The current one is pretty small and cramped. I had to do the porch so I had somewhere to store all the stuff from the kitchen and upstairs bedrooms while the work is being done.

The neighborhood used to be pretty rural.  I used to give directions by saying "go to the end of XXX road, take a right.  We are the first house on the right"  which was about a mile.  Now I have no idea how many houses have gone in.  Most of them in the last ten years.  I still have about 200ft to either side of my house though, which is nice.  The back is a different story, I own back 1000 feet, and the backside of that is a very steep hill and then a reservoir, so maybe a mile until you hit anything. 

Check for new replies or respond here...