inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Arrest Record

Written By: La Roche on 05/14/07 at 7:58 pm

In the Paris Hilton thread, I was amazed to see how many of us members have been to jail, so I thought I'd start a thread.  ;D

Who here has been to jail.. and do you mind telling us why?

I've been to jail twice. Both times I wasn't charged with anything it was basically just a cooling off deal.

The first time was in Birmingham where me and some friends had gone out on a bit of a bar crawl exercise. Several of us were put in the cells overnight to sober up and calm down.

The second time was in Greece after a football match. There was some.. fighting and such like and a lot of us were arrested and taken to prison. Spent a couple of nights and was then released without any sort of charge.

So who else has been arrested?

Subject: Re: Arrest Record

Written By: whistledog on 05/14/07 at 8:01 pm

I've never been to jail, but in my teens, I was arrested a few times for shoplifting :-[

It's quite an experience being in handcuffs.  They burn like hell on your wrists

Written By: loki 13 on 05/14/07 at 8:34 pm

So who else has been arrested?

Three times:

Once for having a controlled substance.....(not mine, I was just driving; and I was released with no charges.) 3 hrs. in a holding cell

Once for terroristic threats....Pictured, finger printed, 6hrs. in a holding cell, thrown out of court

Once for making a teenager pee his pants.....1 hr. in a holding cell, had to apologize, charges dropped.
        this one, the kid was throwing rocks at mine and other cars so I chased him, scared him enough to make
        him pee his pants. His parents filed charges.

P.S. ....Everytime I see the picture at the bottom of your signature box I have to watch the video, I must have
          seen it a 1,000 times. ;D

Written By: La Roche on 05/14/07 at 8:46 pm

Three times:

Once for having a controlled substance.....(not mine, I was just driving; and I was released with no charges.) 3 hrs. in a holding cell

Once for terroristic threats....Pictured, finger printed, 6hrs. in a holding cell, thrown out of court

Once for making a teenager pee his pants.....1 hr. in a holding cell, had to apologize, charges dropped.
        this one, the kid was throwing rocks at mine and other cars so I chased him, scared him enough to make
        him pee his pants. His parents filed charges.

P.S. ....Everytime I see the picture at the bottom of your signature box I have to watch the video, I must have
          seen it a 1,000 times. ;D

(I told you I spent the day with her and the band right, last week at my buddys store.)

Terrorist threat, what, like to a school or office or something?

Hahaha, making a kid piss himself is great, me and you need to hang out and start s**t!  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 05/14/07 at 8:54 pm

(I told you I spent the day with her and the band right, last week at my buddys store.)

Terrorist threat, what, like to a school or office or something?

Hahaha, making a kid piss himself is great, me and you need to hang out and start s**t!  ;D

I'll answer in order:

1...Yes you did, I can only imagine how great it must have been

2...Terroristic threats, not terrorist  ;D  I told a guy that was bothering my daughter that if he bothered her again
      I'd kill him. He pressed charges, he said he feared for his life.

3...I'm game  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 05/14/07 at 9:02 pm

I'll answer in order:

1...Yes you did, I can only imagine how great it must have been

2...Terroristic threats, not terrorist  ;D  I told a guy that was bothering my daughter that if he bothered her again
      I'd kill him. He pressed charges, he said he feared for his life.

3...I'm game  ;D

1) YYeeeaaaaahh!

2) That sounds like bulls**t to me. You did the right thing.

3) I'm gonna need some tin tacks, 6 inch nails, 2x4's and 8lbs of dog s**t.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/07 at 9:07 pm

The closest thing to a crime I've ever commited is jaywalking. I was stopped by a cop for pushing a shopping cart down the street (my townhouse complex is right across the street from a shopping center, and I didn't wanna carry it all home) a few years ago when I was about 15, but he was a nice guy and just warned me. Does that count? ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 05/14/07 at 9:21 pm

1) YYeeeaaaaahh!

2) That sounds like bulls**t to me. You did the right thing.

3) I'm gonna need some tin tacks, 6 inch nails, 2x4's and 8lbs of dog s**t.

Tacks, nails, 2x4's no problem, about the dog s**t; any particular breed of dog?

Written By: La Roche on 05/14/07 at 9:24 pm

Tacks, nails, 2x4's no problem, about the dog s**t; any particular breed of dog?

You've gotta figure the bigger the better.. but the one thing about dog s**t is it has to be the right composition.. after all, it's gotta travel at least 40 yards through the air.

Written By: La Roche on 05/14/07 at 9:25 pm

The closest thing to a crime I've ever commited is jaywalking. I was stopped by a cop for pushing a shopping cart down the street (my townhouse complex is right across the street from a shopping center, and I didn't wanna carry it all home) a few years ago when I was about 15, but he was a nice guy and just warned me. Does that count? ;D

I guess.

I've been told to stop acting like a T**t by cops loads of times.  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/07 at 9:40 pm

^Warnings are good, aren't they? Of course, we always drop our guard after awhile anyway. ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 05/14/07 at 9:47 pm

I've been caught in an adult site at the library before, but all I got was a warning.

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/14/07 at 9:56 pm

I have not...good thing too.

If I did, then it would be a lot harder keeping my job.  ;D

Written By: jackas on 05/14/07 at 11:07 pm

There were many times I should have been arrested but I was never caught.  Well...once when I was 15 my friends and I all told our parents that we were staying at each other's houses.  Instead we walked around the city half the night and ended up getting picked up by some cop.  He drove us home and knocked at our doors until our parents came out...not good. ::)  Anyway...I never got in trouble for that.  My parents knew I learned my lesson.

Written By: nally on 05/14/07 at 11:10 pm

I've never, ever been to jail. And I've never even been arrested. :) So I have a very clean record, and hope to keep it that way!

Written By: Brian06 on 05/14/07 at 11:10 pm

I've never been arrested thankfully.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/07 at 11:59 pm

nope...I'm pure as the driven snow. ;) :D

Written By: Gis on 05/15/07 at 1:16 am

The nearest I have come is being thrown out of a shopping mall for having a water pistol!  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/15/07 at 2:17 am

this thread is for arrests only, right? we don't have to include crimes that didn't end in arrest or jail.

--the year was 1977, it was on a Sunday night that I was pulled over by Officer Parker & arrested for DUI. I could not believe he was actually arresting me, he knew me, & my dad worked with him & the cops had always let me go but not this time.  I failed the sobriety test, was taken to city jail for the night, then on Monday was driven by police to the courthouse to appear before the same judge I'd appeared before for something else & he advised me I had unpaid fines for driving with no license, no registration, & the DUI fine & since I was not working at the time, how was I going to pay them off? He said I could do 9 days & all the fines would be considered paid. I accepted his gracious offer & was taken from there to the County jail. I suffered the 9 days, & the suffering was from the heat in a facility that did not have air conditioning at the time. It was miserable hot but they had good burritos. I read the book Alive and the Bible while in there.

--I was picked up at least 5-6 times by the local city police but the only jail time was above. my offenses include school truancy, vandalism, open containers, growing  marijuana plants (they confiscated them), open containers, illegal use of  controlled substances, more open containers (we drank a lot of beer in those days) and these all became trips to the police station and then they'd let us go or they'd pull us over and take our booze and weed, but they always let us go, except that one time. We got them back & took their weed once, when the cops took me & my 2 friends in for "questioning" regarding some partying we were doing, they left us alone in a room with a big plant they must have confiscated from someone. I wonder what they thought when they came back to that room after they'd let us go & saw the cannabis sativa plant stripped of all it's leaves  ;D  well, it wasn't long after my jailtime that my life changed from bad mike to the nice guy you all know now as Badfinger-fan (the good mike)  8) 

I won't even mention the heavier stuff I got away with  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/07 at 10:35 am

I've never been arrested but I was finger printed (a few times). Somewhere in Washington are my prints.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 05/15/07 at 10:38 am

I've never been arrested but I was finger printed (a few times). Somewhere in Washington are my prints.

Cat
oh, yeah. we know all about you over here. in fact, there's a weekly catwoman newsletter.

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/15/07 at 10:43 am

No I haven't, thankfully.  I'd be scared sh!tless in jail...I wouldn't last one hour in there.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 10:55 am

this thread is for arrests only, right? we don't have to include crimes that didn't end in arrest or jail.

--the year was 1977, it was on a Sunday night that I was pulled over by Officer Parker & arrested for DUI. I could not believe he was actually arresting me, he knew me, & my dad worked with him & the cops had always let me go but not this time.  I failed the sobriety test, was taken to city jail for the night, then on Monday was driven by police to the courthouse to appear before the same judge I'd appeared before for something else & he advised me I had unpaid fines for driving with no license, no registration, & the DUI fine & since I was not working at the time, how was I going to pay them off? He said I could do 9 days & all the fines would be considered paid. I accepted his gracious offer & was taken from there to the County jail. I suffered the 9 days, & the suffering was from the heat in a facility that did not have air conditioning at the time. It was miserable hot but they had good burritos. I read the book Alive and the Bible while in there.

--I was picked up at least 5-6 times by the local city police but the only jail time was above. my offenses include school truancy, vandalism, open containers, growing  marijuana plants (they confiscated them), open containers, illegal use of  controlled substances, more open containers (we drank a lot of beer in those days) and these all became trips to the police station and then they'd let us go or they'd pull us over and take our booze and weed, but they always let us go, except that one time. We got them back & took their weed once, when the cops took me & my 2 friends in for "questioning" regarding some partying we were doing, they left us alone in a room with a big plant they must have confiscated from someone. I wonder what they thought when they came back to that room after they'd let us go & saw the cannabis sativa plant stripped of all it's leaves  ;D  well, it wasn't long after my jailtime that my life changed from bad mike to the nice guy you all know now as Badfinger-fan (the good mike)  8) 

I won't even mention the heavier stuff I got away with  ::)

I figured you would have the most entertaining record! That's some good stuff Mike!

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 10:55 am

oh, yeah. we know all about you over here. in fact, there's a weekly catwoman newsletter.

Come on then Arson man!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/07 at 11:17 am

I'm sure. I know I have a FBI file but I don't know what it is in-but I can guess. Carlos once wrote for his FBI only to find out he didn't have one. He wrote an irrate letter to the FBI, "What is wrong with you people? Don't you know I'm a left-wing radical?" He later wrote for his file and that letter was in it. lol.

Cat

Written By: KittyBass on 05/15/07 at 11:23 am

I was arrested twice and PC'd once.These all happened years ago when I was in my early 20s and was going through a bad time in my life. The PC was for breeching the peace. The first arrest was for assault and battery (I beat a guy up, but he started it.) They couldn't determine who was the actual person at fault and it was thrown out. The second arrest was also for breeching the peace, but that was also thrown out. I've had no more run-ins with the law in the past 10 years I'm happy to say!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/15/07 at 1:46 pm

Nope...never been arrested!  :)

Written By: Tia on 05/15/07 at 1:51 pm

I have to admit being quite impressed by kittybass’s story, there. I don’t mean to be old-fashioned, but I think if I’d gotten my ass kicked by a girl, I’d probably be too embarrassed to press charges.

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/15/07 at 2:27 pm

^
;D
Kitty Bass is my new hero!

As for me... jail is like Fight Club,from 1st rule "you do not talk about Fight Club" to the 8th and final rule "if this is your first night at Fight Club,you have to fight".

That's all,folks :-X

Written By: KittyBass on 05/15/07 at 2:31 pm

;D I'm quite proud of the fact I beat up a guy too. He deserved it. He was a supposed 'friend' and I was at his house. Some stupid argument ensued and he asked me to leave. I had lost my house keys in his living room some place and couldn't find them so I told him I'd leave as soon as I found them. He physically put his hands on my neck and tried to throw me out the door. So out of instinct I punched him. Hard. He fell against the wall and the neighbors called the police thinking he had been the one who decked ME! The idiot didn't bother to show up in court and it was thrown out.

I am now happy to say I have a somewhat peaceful, low-key life!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/15/07 at 4:07 pm

I figured you would have the most entertaining record! That's some good stuff Mike!
as for the felonies, well, let's just say i was never convicted  ;)  J/K  I was a hoodlum but Davey, you were a Hooligan for sures.

^
;D
Kitty Bass is my new hero!

As for me... jail is like Fight Club,from 1st rule "you do not talk about Fight Club" to the 8th and final rule "if this is your first night at Fight Club,you have to fight".

That's all,folks :-X
Kittybass kicks ass!  i got beat up by a girl once when I was like 9, it was awful, she used her nails on me like a friggin panther! 

as for jail stories, it's not like What happens in jail, stays in jail. It was not a glamorous experience, but i was recognized as soon i was led to my cell. I heard my name called and looked up to see one of my best friend's older brother there. and then lo & behold, another of my best friends was in my very cell for a couple days. there were 4 guys counting me and one day these guys are doing something and some dude says, we need you to be on point  :o , and I'm like wtf does that mean, b ut it meant to watch for guard so they could strip paint off wall to make ink for tattoo? that was a too hardcore for me  ;D  I vowed never to return and i haven't except my last trip about 10 years ago to a Boys Ranch like a juvenile hall where i actually got to speak to a group of young troubled guys on alcohol/drug abuse so I've given back some community service

Written By: Howard on 05/15/07 at 4:17 pm

I've never been to jail,Thank God For That!

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 4:18 pm

I've never been to jail,Thank God For That!

But didn't the cops have to come to your house once a year or so ago, or was that the fire department?

Written By: Howard on 05/15/07 at 4:25 pm

But didn't the cops have to come to your house once a year or so ago, or was that the fire department?

The Fire Department came to my house last July because the heavy rains and wind blew the door right in so I was locked in from the outside and I was scared sheeshless and the FD cracked the door,called up a locksmith the next day and my parents were angry at me when I told them what had happened.Next Time just keep the door open or go someplace else to make a call.

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 4:26 pm

The Fire Department came to my house last July because the heavy rains and wind blew the door right in so I was locked in from the outside and I was scared sheeshless and the FD cracked the door,called up a locksmith the next day and my parents were angry at me when I told them what had happened.Next Time just keep the door open or go someplace else to make a call.

I remember that, weren't you in your parents bedroom and the door was stuck with the window open and you were worried about suffocating?

Written By: Howard on 05/15/07 at 4:30 pm

I remember that, weren't you in your parents bedroom and the door was stuck with the window open and you were worried about suffocating?

Yeah,I was at the time.The Fire Department wanted to break the door down but I told them not to because I didn't want my Mother And Father to see a busted door and then the FD said "them the breaks" and continued to brake the door down.I was glad when that situation ended.

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 4:32 pm

Yeah,I was at the time.The Fire Department wanted to break the door down but I told them not to because I didn't want my Mother And Father to see a busted door and then the FD said "them the breaks" and continued to brake the door down.I was glad when that situation ended.

Ah ha, so the door was stuck. Why not just climb out of the window?

Written By: Howard on 05/15/07 at 4:35 pm

Ah ha, so the door was stuck. Why not just climb out of the window?

Heavy rains and Thunderstorms and I didn't want to hurt myself.Besides the window was meshed.

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 4:40 pm

Heavy rains and Thunderstorms and I didn't want to hurt myself.Besides the window was meshed.

You should just be able to pop the mesh out of the frame, better than breaking the door right.

Written By: Howard on 05/15/07 at 4:57 pm

You should just be able to pop the mesh out of the frame, better than breaking the door right.

I didn't want to take the chance. :(

Written By: KKay on 05/15/07 at 5:19 pm

Never arrested, never pulled over.

I'm surprised.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/07 at 5:23 pm

I'm surprised.

I have never been pulled over but I have been in the car when the driver was.

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 5:34 pm

I'm surprised.

Seriously?!!

Wow, me and Mike thought you were cool... guess not.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/15/07 at 5:44 pm

I'm surprised.
this does not mean you've never done anything, it just means you never got caught. I'm impressed.

Written By: Tia on 05/15/07 at 6:06 pm

i haven't gotten a ticket since soemthing like 1996. which is sweet, my insurance is uber-low. i guess i should say unterlow.

i got nailed for expired tags a couple years ago but the guy let me off with a warning because he said i looked like andre agassi.  ;D i think he wanted to do me or something.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/15/07 at 6:07 pm

I've never been to jail, but I got arrested for underage drinking when I was 18.  Nothing happened - my friends and I were on our way home from a party when our designated, sober driver made an illegal left hand turn.  The other drunkard was a girl I'd been friends with since I was little, and being drunk, she and I thought it was hilarious that we were being hauled off in cuffs.  The police called my parents to pick us up, and my mom told them to keep me in jail, but they couldn't since I was a minor.  It never went on my record or anything, thank God!  

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 7:19 pm

i haven't gotten a ticket since soemthing like 1996. which is sweet, my insurance is uber-low. i guess i should say unterlow.

i got nailed for expired tags a couple years ago but the guy let me off with a warning because he said i looked like andre agassi.  ;D i think he wanted to do me or something.

You do look a lot like Andre Agassi. Right now I can think of several things we've done that were probably at least caution worthy.. waking up your whole neighborhood being one of them.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/15/07 at 7:22 pm

so did he nail you or not?  ???

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 7:28 pm

I've never been to jail, but I got arrested for underage drinking when I was 18.  Nothing happened - my friends and I were on our way home from a party when our designated, sober driver made an illegal left hand turn.  The other drunkard was a girl I'd been friends with since I was little, and being drunk, she and I thought it was hilarious that we were being hauled off in cuffs.  The police called my parents to pick us up, and my mom told them to keep me in jail, but they couldn't since I was a minor.  It never went on my record or anything, thank God! 

Damn, you got the harsh treatment from Mom huh!

When I got arrested in Birmingham, the next day when I got home my Ma was doing her nut saying how worried she'd been, she said "I was thinking I'd have to call the police, I had no idea where you were!" and I just said "They knew where I was."  ;D

When I got arrested in Greece she didn't know until I got back, but she was exceptionally pissed off, not at me, but at the Greek police. Of course, in my Ma's eyes, I can do no wrong.. whereas I know I deserved punishment in both instances.

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/07 at 8:24 pm

No arrests, not even so much as a warning from the cops. The most illegal thing I've done is walk to the local Food Lion with a friend after the 11 PM curfew.. he was high and wanted to get a chicken.. which he roasted when we got home and ate by himself.

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 9:01 pm

No arrests, not even so much as a warning from the cops. The most illegal thing I've done is walk to the local Food Lion with a friend after the 11 PM curfew.. he was high and wanted to get a chicken.. which he roasted when we got home and ate by himself.

You mean.. an actual curfew, not just when you were supposed to be home by?

That's bizzare, I thought it was just s**thole African countries that had curfews.

Written By: KKay on 05/15/07 at 9:05 pm

Seriously?!!

Wow, me and Mike thought you were cool... guess not.

i was hoping to share a cell with you two.

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/07 at 9:09 pm

You mean.. an actual curfew, not just when you were supposed to be home by?

That's bizzare, I thought it was just s**thole African countries that had curfews.

I was staying the night at this guy's house. There's a local curfew in our town at 11 PM, after which no one under 18 can be outside or driving for any reason, except in situations where they are either driving or walking home from work, and you need solid proof that's where you're coming from (your uniform, etc.).

He was stoned and hungry, and he offered to buy me a quart of chocolate milk and Hot Pockets if I went.. I couldn't refuse, there was no other food in his house. ;D

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 9:32 pm

I was staying the night at this guy's house. There's a local curfew in our town at 11 PM, after which no one under 18 can be outside or driving for any reason, except in situations where they are either driving or walking home from work, and you need solid proof that's where you're coming from (your uniform, etc.).

He was stoned and hungry, and he offered to buy me a quart of chocolate milk and Hot Pockets if I went.. I couldn't refuse, there was no other food in his house. ;D

You're kidding!! That's Kafkaesque!

i was hoping to share a cell with you two.

You gotta prove you can hang with us first.

Written By: KKay on 05/15/07 at 9:33 pm

You gotta prove you can hang with us first.

the night under the boardwalk meant nothing to you! ;D

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/07 at 9:34 pm

You're kidding!! That's Kafkaesque!

First off.. Kafkaesque? Second off, which part? The curfew or the Food Lion run?

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 9:38 pm

the night under the boardwalk meant nothing to you! ;D

I was way too busy slipping in and out of consciousness.. remember I'd been awake for about 60 hours?

I assume you heard from Sara about what I did that night, dumped Mike on her, announced I was going to get a drink, got halfway to the kitchen and dropped straight on to the bed, totally comatose.

Oh.. by the way, you know her parents neighbor.. whatever his name was, tell him I said Hi, I really liked that guy! I'll have to make sure I go for a drink with him over the summer.

First off.. Kafkaesque? Second off, which part? The curfew or the Food Lion run?

Kafka did this thing called 'The trial' where this guy is tried for a crime, but he dosen't know what it is.. and stuff (you'd have to be stoned to appreciate it) and anyway, the whole concept of a curfew is like that, being punished for a non-existent crime.

Written By: KKay on 05/15/07 at 9:39 pm

I was way too busy slipping in and out of consciousness.. remember I'd been awake for about 60 hours?

oh yeah. the nosebleed. i forgot.

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/07 at 9:40 pm

Kafka did this thing called 'The trial' where this guy is tried for a crime, but he dosen't know what it is.. and stuff (you'd have to be stoned to appreciate it) and anyway, the whole concept of a curfew is like that, being punished for a non-existent crime.

Ahhhh, okay. I get it now.

Yeah, I don't get the curfew.. admittedly, any average teenager being outside that late at night probably isn't doing something very becoming, but punishing the whole group pre-emptively just in case someone does something naughty.. it's ridiculous.

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 9:41 pm

oh yeah. the nosebleed. i forgot.

Oh I forgot that, that's common.. walking in to things and stuff.

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 9:42 pm

Yeah, I don't get the curfew.. admittedly, any average teenager being outside that late at night probably isn't doing something very becoming, but punishing the whole group pre-emptively just in case someone does something naughty.. it's ridiculous.

I wouldn't have stood for it. Seriously, I'd have made it a point to get arrested and taken home every single night.

Written By: jackas on 05/16/07 at 1:17 am

I've had this same thing happen.  Minus the Andre Agassi comment.

Written By: karen on 05/16/07 at 5:34 am

Not sure if there is a curfew but in my town if you are in a group of more than about 4 people you can be asked to leave the town centre or at least to split into smaller groups.  This is at any time of the day.

I've never been arrested. Possibly should have been for a few things  :-\\

I've been stopped in my car a couple of times.  Once was when one of the lights was defective, and I played the innocent girly.  "I'll get my dad to look at that for me".  I never had to take in my papers or anything which pissed my brother off big time.  He was always having to take his documents down to the police station the next day.  he didn't ever do anything wrong just drove a big car and looked young.  Another time I was pulled over when driving a friend back from the pub.  The policeman made some comment about how young I looked and then let me go.  I've also had an automatic fine and points on my licence for speeding.  I bet they got a lot of people that day because I was pulling from a side road and sped up so that I didn't interrupt the flow of traffic.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/16/07 at 6:11 am

Arrested yes, jail no(thank god). 

Written By: karen on 05/16/07 at 6:13 am

Arrested yes, jail no(thank god). 

details...?

Written By: danootaandme on 05/16/07 at 6:25 am

Once, in the 1970, the government would do sweeps.  I was sitting on a bench in the Boston Public Garden with then boyfriend, he had bought flowers trying to win my heart, so romantic(17 at the time) and the police(plainclothes and in uniform) pulled every one in that area together and arrested everyone for "suspicion".  Seems there were some drug dealers in the area and they weren't sure who was who so they arrested everyone.  Had to call my parents, it was awful, booked, arraigned, charges dropped.  Forty people had a traumatic experience and in the end the papers reported 2 people had been caught with minimal amount of marijuana.

Two was for hitchhiking, everyone was doing it in those days but they made it a crime on State highways.  Arressted sent home, not even a fine.  Hence my distrust of police.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/07 at 11:05 am

Once, in the 1970, the government would do sweeps.  I was sitting on a bench in the Boston Public Garden with then boyfriend, he had bought flowers trying to win my heart, so romantic(17 at the time) and the police(plainclothes and in uniform) pulled every one in that area together and arrested everyone for "suspicion".  Seems there were some drug dealers in the area and they weren't sure who was who so they arrested everyone.  Had to call my parents, it was awful, booked, arraigned, charges dropped.  Forty people had a traumatic experience and in the end the papers reported 2 people had been caught with minimal amount of marijuana.

Two was for hitchhiking, everyone was doing it in those days but they made it a crime on State highways.  Arressted sent home, not even a fine.  Hence my distrust of police.

Arrested for sitting on a park bench. Hmmmm. Well, we all know that you look like a dangerous and unsavory character.  ::)

I remember we picked up a couple of hitchhikers off the Mass Pike around 1971? 1972? So, I guess that law wasn't really enforced. There were in uniform and it was raining so we thought that we would give them a break. Of course my mother was driving and there were 4 of us kids in the car so I'm not too sure how much of break we gave them.  :D

Cat

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/16/07 at 11:12 am

It's the same here, unless you're in a yard or with relatives.....it's rather problematic when we have our summer "celebration" thing because they don't even lift it for that and it goes on until about 1 am ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 05/16/07 at 12:09 pm

Arrested for sitting on a park bench. Hmmmm. Well, we all know that you look like a dangerous and unsavory character.  ::)

I remember we picked up a couple of hitchhikers off the Mass Pike around 1971? 1972? So, I guess that law wasn't really enforced. There were in uniform and it was raining so we thought that we would give them a break. Of course my mother was driving and there were 4 of us kids in the car so I'm not too sure how much of break we gave them.  :D

Cat

The law was imposed irregularly,  the assumption was that a female hitchhiker alone was a prostitute.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/16/07 at 12:12 pm

I've gotten tickets for moving violations, but nothing arrest-worthy (at least, nothing I've been caught doing 8))

Written By: tv on 05/16/07 at 12:15 pm

I've gotten tickets for moving violations, but nothing arrest-worthy (at least, nothing I've been caught doing 8))
Well speaking of tickets I got a parking ticket once.

Written By: spaceace on 05/16/07 at 1:55 pm

I was arrested for making terroristic threats.  Didn't do jail time.  They sent me to Hershey Medical Center (Psych ward)  At one point in time they had me write "I will not threaten to impale people "a thousand times.  :P

Written By: Tia on 05/16/07 at 2:04 pm

Omg. Kathie the impaler.

why do I get this feeling whoever you were threatening with impalement probably deserved it?

Written By: spaceace on 05/16/07 at 2:06 pm

Omg. Kathie the impaler.

why do I get this feeling whoever you were threatening with impalement probably deserved it?

Idol threads are a waste of time and energy.  Yes, the person deserved it.

Check for new replies or respond here...