inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Uploading videos?

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/07 at 10:59 pm

How do you upload videos to YouTube? I have lots of things on VHS I'd like to share - hopefully Viacom won't delete me, but I could at least try until they do, lol. I also might be doing a show in a couple weeks too. If someone records it on a cameraphone for me (which I don't have), is that easy to put up?

Subject: Re: Uploading videos?

Written By: Brian06 on 05/14/07 at 11:01 pm

The best and easiest way is if you have a tv tuner and just connect the VCR to the computer and use Windows Media Encoder to encoder the videos as WMV files then upload those files to youtube.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/07 at 11:03 pm

^Cool. That sounds simple enough. I've got 2 VCRs hooked up together and have Windows Player anyway.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/14/07 at 11:04 pm

^Cool. That sounds simple enough. I've got 2 VCRs hooked up together and have Windows Player anyway.

Windows Media Encoder is a different piece of free software, it's available for download on the Microsoft website.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/07 at 11:57 pm

How do you upload videos to YouTube? I have lots of things on VHS I'd like to share - hopefully Viacom won't delete me, but I could at least try until they do, lol. I also might be doing a show in a couple weeks too. If someone records it on a cameraphone for me (which I don't have), is that easy to put up?

what kind of show are you doing?

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/17/07 at 1:41 am

^Oops, I must've logged off the other day just before you posted, but I'm gonna be doing a standup comedy routine (I'm sorta like Jerry Seinfeld probably). Thing is, I haven't done it in about a year, so I might wanna get some practice back in before I post it online, lol. I'll see how it goes, but I'll at least tape it.

Written By: whistledog on 05/17/07 at 3:24 am

^Oops, I must've logged off the other day just before you posted, but I'm gonna be doing a standup comedy routine (I'm sorta like Jerry Seinfeld probably). Thing is, I haven't done it in about a year, so I might wanna get some practice back in before I post it online, lol. I'll see how it goes, but I'll at least tape it.

Wow!  That's awesome!  You could be the next Joey Gladstone perhaps :)
IF you get it on tape, and on YouTube, please let us see :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/17/07 at 9:12 am

I would totally LOVE to see that!! :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/21/07 at 10:10 am

*Bump

Just curious, for hooking up a VCR to the computer: I already use the Line Out on the computer to hook up a boombox as the "speakers", but it's only got the little input for a Y plug (i.e. it's not the average auxilary input, with the red, white and yellow jacks). Do I need one of those with three jacks to connect the VCR, or is there a simpler way?

Written By: whistledog on 08/16/07 at 5:56 pm

To my understanding, you need a special cable that can connect the Audio/Video ports of your VCR or TV into the USB port of your computer. 

I have been considering getting one.  I've got loads of old Music Videos I want to get turned into MPEGS so I can make avatars out of them

Check for new replies or respond here...