inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Crazy Coworkers

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/15/07 at 11:07 pm

So, everybody seems to always have a story that starts out like this...."there's this guy/girl that I work with...and you wouldn't believe what he/she did".....

so, what are some of your favorites?

Subject: Re: Crazy Coworkers

Written By: Red Ant on 05/15/07 at 11:22 pm

Oooh, I like this thread idea!

Craziest I've seen was Dora who worked the front desk of the hotel. She was a real "working girl", if you get my hint. Running a prostitution racket out of a hotel is a pretty enterprising idea though. Even after she was fired, guys called up for her.

A few months later, DEA agents came to the hotel looking for her... turns out she had used false papers when she was hired and was involved in more than "service with a smile".

I suppose catching workers having sex in the walk-in coolers is probably too common a thing to be really interesting...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/15/07 at 11:55 pm

Oooh, I like this thread idea!

Craziest I've seen was Dora who worked the front desk of the hotel. She was a real "working girl", if you get my hint. Running a prostitution racket out of a hotel is a pretty enterprising idea though. Even after she was fired, guys called up for her.

A few months later, DEA agents came to the hotel looking for her... turns out she had used false papers when she was hired and was involved in more than "service with a smile".

I suppose catching workers having sex in the walk-in coolers is probably too common a thing to be really interesting...

oh wow...that really is crazy!! :D

Ok, when I was waiting tables at this one restaurant...there was this shift supervisor, who was married to this guy who worked in the kitchen on the weekends...they were married and had one child.  Then, this other guy that worked there, was her boyfriend....all the while, her husband was ok with this. Well...lo and behold, she goes and gets pregnant by the boyfriend...hmmm..a bit awkward, huh? I can't remember if the husband was pissed or not..it was too long ago. :D

Written By: whistledog on 05/16/07 at 12:35 am

This guy that I used to work was a real looney tunes.  I mean he was a nice guy and all, but holy hell was he ever strange. 

Whenever he would get up to go to the washroom, he'd walk like an ape, and make ape noises.  If sometimes he wasn't paying attention when you'd ask him something, he'd turn at you really quickly, and with a surprised look on his face, he'd say "She was 18, I swear" or "I swear, I didn't know she was your daughter" ;D

The work that we did was computer based, and we always had to strive to input so many reports a night.  His crazy antics always affected his work, to the point where he was eventually fired.  I was glad when he got fired because the way he goofed off so much tended to affect other's work, cause he would sometimes come to your work station to shoot the breeze, or when the boss wasn't looking, he would fling elastics around the room

Written By: Gis on 05/16/07 at 1:12 am

I work in a library, how long have you got! 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/16/07 at 11:04 am

This guy that I used to work was a real looney tunes.  I mean he was a nice guy and all, but holy hell was he ever strange. 

Whenever he would get up to go to the washroom, he'd walk like an ape, and make ape noises.  If sometimes he wasn't paying attention when you'd ask him something, he'd turn at you really quickly, and with a surprised look on his face, he'd say "She was 18, I swear" or "I swear, I didn't know she was your daughter" ;D

The work that we did was computer based, and we always had to strive to input so many reports a night.  His crazy antics always affected his work, to the point where he was eventually fired.  I was glad when he got fired because the way he goofed off so much tended to affect other's work, cause he would sometimes come to your work station to shoot the breeze, or when the boss wasn't looking, he would fling elastics around the room

hahaha...what a crazy freak! ;D :D

Written By: tv on 05/16/07 at 11:22 am

What can possibly crazy things can anybody do in a library I mean its a quiet place where you just chill out ands read a book or magazine.

Anyway as for crazy co-workers well I wasn;t an actual employee but I did work at this place(outsource) and there there was this girl who wouldn;t stop talking about her boyfriend all the time to me. I guess she thought I liked her since I am a guy so she would just tell me about her boyfriend all the time. She was a really nice girl and everything but I really had no interest romantically in her. I could picture me and her going out as friends somewhere but romantically that wasn;t ever going to happen. We got along really well and had nice conversations but she should just needed to stop with the boyfriend talk all the time. Need;ess to say I left that place of work in mid 2005 because they decided to transfer me out somewhere else.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/16/07 at 11:25 am

What can possibly crazy things can anybody do in a library I mean its a quiet place where you just chill out ands read a book or magazine.

are you kidding? It seems like (at least in the libraries I've been to) the library always draws the weirdos from town....it's like a hangout for every mental case around.

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/16/07 at 11:39 am

are you kidding? It seems like (at least in the libraries I've been to) the library always draws the weirdos from town....it's like a hangout for every mental case around.

That is so true,i think it's the books...books makes us all loonies. I used to go a lot to the library it's the only place i can go and feel somewhat normal,everyone around me is freakier than me there :o

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/16/07 at 12:16 pm

Probably the only truly "crazy" person I've worked with was the guy who got fired, but still came to work for about 2 weeks after.....I guess management was kinda' crazy too because they still let him work for 2 weeks :D

Written By: La Roche on 05/16/07 at 12:32 pm

I haven't mentioned Gormo for at least a year or so now, but some of you might remember the antics of my drug addled friend Gorm.

I've worked with him on a couple of jobs (I got him both jobs), the most entertaining was when we worked in distribution and would load up the trucks. We'd get there at 3 or 4am quite often having been out the night before and just gone straight to work from the bars. Anyway, Gorm would regularly get stuck in the freezers. It's hard to imagine the stupidity required for this to happen, but it did. There were huge walk in freezers in the warehouses, now, on the door was a catch that you could flick across to stop the door shutting behind you.. you'd think after getting locked in once you'd remember to flick the catch, but no, he'd get stuck in there a couple times a week.

Some of the other things he would do would be to climb up to the huge storage containers. These things went to about 50-60 feet high with mesh all the way around, instead of using the machines, he liked to climb up and throw things down below for us to put on pallets. Never mind the fact that the fall would certainly have killed him.

Written By: whistledog on 05/16/07 at 2:15 pm

Reminds me of that 'Friends' episode where Ross discovered that couples were going to the paleontology section of the library to get it on ;D

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 05/24/07 at 12:09 pm

Well I dont know about crazy - but one of my coworkers was in the paper today. Sadly - I use to think he was a pretty normal guy and had lunch with him most weeks.

The things you just dont know about the people around you .......................

JAILED: Pedophiles get 20 years

Jim Kelly and AAP

May 24, 2007 12:00pm
Article from: AAP

TWO pedophiles who kidnapped, sexually abused and plotted to kill a teenage boy in Perth have been sentenced to more than 20 years jail for their "staggering depravity''.

Robbie Sebastian Wheeler, 43, and his boyfriend Victor Leslie Urquhart, 46, were last month convicted in the West Australian District Court of conspiring to kill the then 14-year-old boy.

The men had previously pleaded guilty to kidnapping and sexually abusing the boy between August 30 and September 19, 2005, but denied they had intended to kill him.

Judge Michael Bowden today said the men's crimes displayed "staggering depravity''.

"These offences were committed for no other reason than your own sexual gratification,'' Judge Bowden said.

He sentenced Wheeler to a total of 23 years and eight months in prison and Urquhart to a total of 20 years and seven months in prison.

THE homosexual lovers who abducted, abused and plotted to kill a Perth schoolboy were themselves sexually abused as children, the District Court was told today.

Robbie Wheeler, 43, and Victor Urquhart, 46 had previously pleaded guilty to kidnapping and sexually abusing the boy between August 30 and September 19, 2005 but denied they intended to kill the boy.

During the pair's trial the court was told the men lured the teenager to Wheeler's home, with the promise of marijuana and an Xbox, and then held him captive for 20 days, repeatedly having unprotected sex with the boy. 

Appearing to be sentenced, the men sat without emotion as sick details of their troubled childhoods were revealed.

Both came from broken homes and were sexually abused while they were still in primary school.

But despite their sad upbringings, both led apparently blemish free lives until, severely affected by methylamphetamine, they kidnapped a 14-year-old boy and subjected him to sickening abuse for 20 days.

The court was told the pedophiles were either so affected by their past experiences or drugs, they were not able to objectively perceive what they were doing.

Their warped perspective was evidenced by their belief the boy they abducted had willingly participated in the sex acts they performed on him.

Check for new replies or respond here...