inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Strangest Places You've Woken Up?

Written By: La Roche on 05/28/07 at 11:12 pm

What are the most bizarre places that you've woken up, after a good night out?

I was out one night clubbing in Leicester with some friends, anyway, I remember bits and pieces of the night but not much of anything after about 3 or 4 in the morning, I really don't remember the clubs kicking out at the end of the night.. anyway, I woke up in Lichfield which is about an hours drive away, of course, that's an hour on the M6 - close to 50 miles away!  :o
I woke up before the girl I was with did and I really wasn't in any condition to hang around and be nice, so I left a note with my number on it and went on my way, it took me close to an hour to work out where I was, I walked around for 30-40 minutes trying to figure out why none of the streets were familiar.  ;D
Had to take a bus to Birmingham and get the train back.

In Greece I once woke up by the side of a hotel pool.. I wasn't staying at a hotel, which was a bit confusing, but nobody seemed to mind which was nice.

Recently me and Mike (Tia) went to a party on New Years Eve (which I doubt he remembers hardly any of!  ;D) and we stayed with.. a friend or his friend.. anyway, I woke up behind this guys couch under a load of coats and there was a tall, very blonde, very fat German offering me a sausage, that was a decidedly odd wake up call.

I also once woke up in my friend Bailey's front garden, but I do actually remember laying down and deciding it would be a good place to go to sleep.

I can think of a few other good ones, I'll let you folks share some first.

Subject: Re: Strangest Places You've Woken Up?

Written By: Red Ant on 05/28/07 at 11:34 pm

Wow! ^

Strangest place I ever woke up was in my friend's 66 Dodge(?) Van, just a few miles outside of Hopewell, VA. It didn't help matters that we were doing 75mph and that I was driving (because he was tired, lol).

The last thing I remember was "if I make it to the 295 to 64 east exit, I'll be okay". I never saw the exit, and drove subconciously nearly 30 miles further down 295 until I ran off the road. A sleep deprived blackout.

Coming back I realised that I was extremely lucky - guardrails and jersey walls lined most of the Interstate back to the 295/64 exit. I didn't even remember driving over the freaking huge Varina-Enon bridge.

We did have a good night out: we drove up to Budd's Creek, Maryland earlier in the day and had a great time.

I woke up in the carport once - seems I couldn't find my keys to get into the house, and was too wasted to realize to knock, or to notice the giant oil spot on the floor. That was a looong shower in the morning. Lava soap isn't really friendly to your face...

Written By: La Roche on 05/29/07 at 12:08 am

Wow! ^

Strangest place I ever woke up was in my friend's 66 Dodge(?) Van, just a few miles outside of Hopewell, VA. It didn't help matters that we were doing 75mph and that I was driving (because he was tired, lol).

The last thing I remember was "if I make it to the 295 to 64 east exit, I'll be okay". I never saw the exit, and drove subconciously nearly 30 miles further down 295 until I ran off the road. A sleep deprived blackout.

Coming back I realised that I was extremely lucky - guardrails and jersey walls lined most of the Interstate back to the 295/64 exit. I didn't even remember driving over the freaking huge Varina-Enon bridge.

We did have a good night out: we drove up to Budd's Creek, Maryland earlier in the day and had a great time.

I woke up in the carport once - seems I couldn't find my keys to get into the house, and was too wasted to realize to knock, or to notice the giant oil spot on the floor. That was a looong shower in the morning. Lava soap isn't really friendly to your face...

30 miles.. asleep.. or just, in and out.. jeez, either way you were seriously lucky.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/29/07 at 12:12 am

30 miles.. asleep.. or just, in and out.. jeez, either way you were seriously lucky.

Yeah, I count that time as one of those 50/50 chances of me being dead.

I think my brain shut down but my eyes were still open. When I finally closed my eyes is when I went off the road. It's impossible to drive that far with your eyes closed the whole way.

BTW, those little orange reflectors mounted on glorified tomato plant posts make a hell of a noise when you drive over them.

Written By: La Roche on 05/29/07 at 12:39 am

I think my brain shut down but my eyes were still open. When I finally closed my eyes is when I went off the road. It's impossible to drive that far with your eyes closed the whole way.

BTW, those little orange reflectors mounted on glorified tomato plant posts make a hell of a noise when you drive over them.

Well, that's the idea of them.

Hell, I almost crash when I put a new cd in.  :-[

Written By: Red Ant on 05/29/07 at 12:51 am

Well, that's the idea of them.

Hell, I almost crash when I put a new cd in.  :-rumble strips I wouldn't have hit the reflectors! Virginia doesn't have them in many, if any places.

Almost crash when you put a CD in? Is the changer under the driver's seat?

Back on topic for a second, what other bizarre places have you been awoke? Aside from what I previously mentioned, mine are pretty mundane, though I could tell some stories of bizarre ways I've been awoken.

Written By: Gis on 05/29/07 at 1:22 am

I've done that before too, luckily only for a few minutes but I scared myself stupid. I have also fallen asleep on the back of a friends motorbike. I had a huge bruise on my leg where he was thumping it to wake me up!  ;D

I have woken up under a pool table in a pub, not sure how long I was there for and once in a hedge.Other than that I've always been pretty good at getting myself home.Built in survival instinct of being a woman I guess, you never know what might happen to you etc..........

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/29/07 at 6:02 am

I once woke up in bed with other girl,we were both naked and there was a passed out guy on the floor with a video camera in his hand,good thing i got that tape :-X

Wait...that was probably just a nightmare i had the other night :-\\

Written By: Tia on 05/29/07 at 6:14 am

i want my camera back!

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/29/07 at 6:19 am

i want my camera back!

Come get it :P

Written By: danootaandme on 05/29/07 at 8:53 am

One day I came home from work and was saying goodbye to a couple of friends who were leaving for England.  They kept saying "come on, come with us" but I had applied for a passport but it hadn't arrived.  Just then I got a call from my mother.  The passport was at the house, did I want to pick it up.  I did and the next morning I woke up in London.    :o

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/29/07 at 9:02 am

When I was traveling through Europe, we would often take the train overnight to wherever we were going.  I hated being woken up in the middle of the night to show my passport so I started sleeping on the luggage racks, covering my head with my trench coat so the light didn't wake me up.....thank goodness the people I was traveling with always remembered to wake me up before they got off.  I did this probably a couple dozen times.  The strangest thing was when I woke up with someone laying next to me :o  Other than that, the strangest place is probably the bathroom floor.....once I was naked with 1 wet sock on.....I know, how exciting, huh? ::)

Written By: KKay on 05/29/07 at 9:54 am

I woke up half on, half off a sofa covered in mud.

follwoing the ffootprints later that afternoon resulted in me trapsing across a big vegetable garden....and over a fence.

Written By: La Roche on 05/29/07 at 9:57 am

Thought I'd another one.

You know how old Landrovers were basically mechano kits, well when I had THE BEAST!! I used to take the top off every summer and have a convertible landrover (Yes I know, tre cool) anyhow, I once woke up, on the street, underneath the shell (the top half). I'm not 100% sure what happened but I think I was under it doing something and I hit my head.. or the heat got to me (add 20 degrees to whatever it is outside when you're working under all that metal) and I just went *thlump*. Oh well, didn't die.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...