inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When is it going to happen? weird ideas I have...

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/31/07 at 12:39 pm

sometimes I have strange ideas for new websites... running the ones I have already is more work than I can handle of course, but I do get the urge to start some weird side project once in a great while.  Got several pages in my organizer filled with strange site ideas.

this is the latest...

My son Neal is going to be two years old at the end of July.  Currently he is 30+ inches tall.  When he was born, the nurses in the room remarked "wow, look at his legs!" which for a new father is a strange thing to hear.  They clarified it was nothing wrong, just they were quite long for a new born.  So far he's in the 97% percentile for height at every check up, the doctor commented that "short was not an option".

so the idea I had was this... a site where people could sign up for what month they think Neal will surpass me in height.  I'm only 5'10 or 5'11.  I'm actually the short one in my family with the exception of my mother.  My younger brother has a few inches on me, my father is 6'3" (though he is shrinking due to back problems), my aunt and uncle on my father's side are/were both taller than me.  My wife's family are all pretty tall (except for her parents oddly enough).

I guess the only reason I even thought of this, was because my grandmother told me my father once commented to her, "I used to look up at you, now I look down at you" at a fairly young age.

so, rather than do something silly like create a whole site around that (which would have several years before anyone knows the answer), why not just venture your guesses here.

Subject: Re: When is it going to happen? weird ideas I have...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/31/07 at 4:56 pm

My guess is November of 2020.

Subject: Re: When is it going to happen? weird ideas I have...

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/01/07 at 10:14 pm

I think it will be February of 2022.

Check for new replies or respond here...