inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Nail Polish Thread or Exactly What is Wrong With Purple Nail Polish Andy?

Written By: Gis on 06/01/07 at 8:45 am

Well Davey Thrashmister? Enquiring minds need to know!

Personally I am the queen of nail polish! I have over 100 bottles covering just about every colour you can think of and I *love* purple nail polish.

Subject: Re: The Nail Polish Thread or Exactly What is Wrong With Purple Nail Polish Andy?

Written By: Gis on 06/01/07 at 8:52 am

I happen to be wearing a lovely pale aqua with little silver glitter flecks in it at the moment.  ;)

Subject: Re: The Nail Polish Thread or Exactly What is Wrong With Purple Nail Polish Andy?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/01/07 at 9:13 am

nothing wrong with purple...I have a few purplish/red colors...I usually stick to shades of tan/brown/or reddish brown.

Subject: Re: The Nail Polish Thread or Exactly What is Wrong With Purple Nail Polish Andy

Written By: KKay on 06/01/07 at 9:31 am

I have iridescent purple on fingers and toes.  I'm going to the foot doc today and he'll love it!

thanks for the defense and the thread!

Written By: karen on 06/01/07 at 9:38 am

I don't wear polish now.  The last time I can recall wearing it is when I got married 15 years ago!  I'm sure I must of worn it since then but can't recall the occasion.

I have been known to wear purple nail polish; in particular alternating nails of purple and v pale pink (Iced Champink for the Avon fans).  I also did black and white alternates for a while.

Subject: Re: The Nail Polish Thread or Exactly What is Wrong With Purple Nail Polish Andy

Written By: KKay on 06/01/07 at 9:40 am

I tend to wear white and light light pink..I was given some orange, blue and purple so i thought i'd try it.
I'm pretty tan so it looks cool.

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/01/07 at 9:59 am

I hardly ever wear nail polish on my fingers (except when I let my nails grow long) but I always have it on my toes.  I have tons of different colors, usually I stick with pinks/mauves and neutral colors however I have on occasion painted them blue, purple and green.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 06/01/07 at 10:20 am

I don't like it. It dosen't look right.. it's creepy!

Whenever women have nail polish I get all creeped out, it's like they've jammed their fingers in a car door or something.

Written By: jackas on 06/01/07 at 10:29 am

I only wear polish on my toes and I usually wear darker pink shades.  I brought my daughter out to buy her first bottle of nail polish the other day.  She picked green. :D

Written By: Gis on 06/01/07 at 10:40 am

I only wear polish on my toes and I usually wear darker pink shades.  I brought my daughter out to buy her first bottle of nail polish the other day.  She picked green. :D
Good on her! Start as you mean to go on.  ;D

Written By: KKay on 06/01/07 at 10:41 am

I'm applying one last coat before going to the doctor.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/01/07 at 11:26 am

I used to wear polish ALL the time-usually reds. But never on my toes. I remember one time when I was broke but I wanted get myself a little gift (because I DESERVED it!), so I picked myself up a little bottle of nail polish (that was about all I could afford). Didn't need it but it was something just for me. Somewhere along the way, I just stopped doing my nails. I don't know why-just lazy I guess. I will wear it for special occasions, and the last time I wore it-on my wedding day-and yes, it was white. It looked funky at first until I put on my wedding dress and then it looked good. Oh and BTW, my nails are usually on the long side (except when they all start breaking at the same time  >:(  )

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/01/07 at 2:28 pm

I only wear polish on my toes and I usually wear darker pink shades. 

Same here - bright pinks and melons.  I won't wear sandals if my toenails aren't painted.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/01/07 at 2:34 pm

I only wear polish on my toes and I usually wear darker pink shades.

Same here...

I always keep my toenails polished, and it's usually with a shade of pink!  :)

Written By: jackas on 06/01/07 at 3:34 pm

Same here - bright pinks and melons.  I won't wear sandals if my toenails aren't painted.

Yeah, I wear melons too.  I was going to put that, but couldn't remember the word 'melon'...I kept wanting to call it corals. :D  I won't wear sandals if I'm not properly painted either. 

Once in a while the polish will come off one toe nail and I totally forget about it and leave the house in sandals.  Then while I'm out, I look down and notice the one unpainted toe and spend the rest of my time out trying to figure out how to hide my toes. :D

Written By: spaceace on 06/01/07 at 4:25 pm

I kind of have a natural french manicure thing going when I let my nails grow, so I use a very light pink or clear.

Written By: Howard on 06/01/07 at 4:38 pm

Purple nail polish is cute but wearing black nail polish? forget it! ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/01/07 at 8:38 pm

my toes are ugly...so I have to make them more attractive with some paint! :D

Written By: La Roche on 06/01/07 at 8:39 pm

Purple nail polish is cute but wearing black nail polish? forget it! ;D

See, Black wouldn't be a big deal for me.. I have a thing about bright colors, I'm not even trying to be funny, I hate bright.. 'fun' colors, I mean hate them!!

Written By: KKay on 06/01/07 at 9:08 pm

See, Black wouldn't be a big deal for me.. I have a thing about bright colors, I'm not even trying to be funny, I hate bright.. 'fun' colors, I mean hate them!!

this deep ppurple is pretty nice.

Written By: La Roche on 06/01/07 at 9:10 pm

this deep ppurple is pretty nice.

Is it really, really deep purple.

Like Highway Star, or just woman from Tokyo?

Written By: KKay on 06/01/07 at 9:19 pm

Is it really, really deep purple.

Like Highway Star, or just woman from Tokyo?

pretty deep...with an overtone of pink..

very,, well,  prince.

;D

Written By: La Roche on 06/01/07 at 9:40 pm

pretty deep...with an overtone of pink..

very,, well,  prince.

;D

Blech.

"Let us play basketball, you and your friends, versus I, Prince and the Revolution."

Written By: Gis on 06/03/07 at 12:06 pm

I always prefer to have a strong colour on my toes they are Rouge Noir at the moment.  8)

Written By: jackas on 06/03/07 at 2:01 pm

"Let us play basketball, you and your friends, versus I, Prince and the Revolution."

Game.  Blouses.

Written By: La Roche on 06/03/07 at 2:16 pm

Game.  Blouses.

;D ;D

Written By: Marian on 06/03/07 at 3:47 pm

I'm wearing green nail polish. :)

Written By: Howard on 06/03/07 at 6:57 pm

Game.  Blouses.

What about blouses? ;D

Written By: KKay on 06/04/07 at 10:27 am

I'm going to do blue today.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/04/07 at 12:14 pm

I currently have a french manicure on my fingers and "Cha Ching Cherry" on my toes :P

Written By: KKay on 06/04/07 at 4:36 pm

just put icy white blue on fingers, still have Prince purple on the toes.

Written By: gemini on 06/04/07 at 6:08 pm

I used to like all different colors but tend to go more towards mauves, pinks, light browns. Now I have a dark pink on my toes. I don't wear it on my fingernails very often.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/04/07 at 9:27 pm

Okay, there's nothing wrong if you want to wear makeup of any kind (This includes nail polish and piercings, as well), but I personally don't like it. I'd rather people be more comfortable with the way they are without unnatural aid. There's always going to be somebody attracted to you, no matter what you look like. Wouldn't you rather have a boyfriend who's met you without makeup and liked you? I would (Although I'd rather it be a girl and I usually don't wear makeup...)

As for fake nails, though, those just creep me out. Fo' serious.

Written By: jackas on 06/04/07 at 9:43 pm

Okay, there's nothing wrong if you want to wear makeup of any kind (This includes nail polish and piercings, as well), but I personally don't like it. I'd rather people be more comfortable with the way they are without unnatural aid. There's always going to be somebody attracted to you, no matter what you look like. Wouldn't you rather have a boyfriend who's met you without makeup and liked you? I would (Although I'd rather it be a girl and I usually don't wear makeup...)

You see if he likes you all made up and then sees you looking all plain and he still likes you, then it's all good.  What kind of guy would dump you for not looking your best without make up and why would you want to be with a dick like that? 

So what would you think of a girl who didn't shave her armpits?

Written By: La Roche on 06/04/07 at 10:17 pm

Agreed!

I just think it looks tacky, especially really bright colors.

It's like "LOOK AT ME!!"

I guess.. if it's just something you like.. fair enough.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/04/07 at 10:38 pm

You see if he likes you all made up and then sees you looking all plain and he still likes you, then it's all good.  What kind of guy would dump you for not looking your best without make up and why would you want to be with a dick like that? 

So what would you think of a girl who didn't shave her armpits?

Well, that's my point. It's best to see you how you normally look.

And... armpits unshaved is fine, so long as they don't extend out so that you could see them when their arms are closed...

Written By: Gis on 06/05/07 at 1:23 am

Well that's all very well if you are a healthy colour naturally. I am very pale, sadly not in a luminous porcelin skin kind of way, but in a desperately ill kind of a way. It gets very tiresome being constantly asked if you are feeling alright because 'you look terrible'. So I wear make up. Also I *like* wearing makeup and there is a very great difference between subtle make up and piling it on with a trowel!

Also give a thought to those people who have bad skin and very little self confidence because of it or have a scar they are self conscious of. If putting on make up makes them feel good and gives them the confindence to go into social situations then who are you or I to tell them not to?

I find hairy armpits gross, but then I find hairy men gross  :P

Written By: jackas on 06/05/07 at 2:06 am

Well, that's my point. It's best to see you how you normally look.

And... armpits unshaved is fine, so long as they don't extend out so that you could see them when their arms are closed...

You would totally fit in in Flagstaff, AZ.  You should go sometime.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/07 at 2:20 am

once I was visiting a friend at his parents house and while we were in his room talking, he started to put on some laquer or something on his nails & I'm like  :o 

Written By: danootaandme on 06/05/07 at 6:11 am

I find hairy armpits gross, which is why I am in a position of not being able to wear sleeveless.  I find that the hair always gets out of control and the oddest moments, like my lawn.  ::)

Written By: jackas on 06/05/07 at 8:23 am

once I was visiting a friend at his parents house and while we were in his room talking, he started to put on some laquer or something on his nails & I'm like  :o 

I used to know a guy that would go and get manicures.  It was really gay. ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/07 at 10:48 am

I used to know a guy that would go and get manicures.  It was really gay. ::)
so it turns and my buddy was gay and eventually contracted aids and died. Before Diane & me hooked up, she had tried to go out with him and couldn't understand what he didn't see in her  :-\\

Written By: jackas on 06/05/07 at 11:54 am

so it turns and my buddy was gay and eventually contracted aids and died. Before Diane & me hooked up, she had tried to go out with him and couldn't understand what he didn't see in her  :-\\

Really?  OMG 

As I typed the comment about the guy I knew, I was wondering if he ever conceded to his gayness.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 06/05/07 at 12:12 pm

I love purple nail polish. I wear blue and purple tones on my tootsies. I also have ventured on to black as well. There are times when I just get tired of wearing reds and pinks. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/05/07 at 1:20 pm

I see nothing wrong with wearing make-up...just so you don't end up looking like Tammy Faye or something. I mean, there are ways that you can apply it so that it looks very natural, but makes your face look blended well.  I don't wear a whole lot of makeup (just some eyeliner, eye shadow, and a bit of blush or bronzer...and occasionally some tinted lip gloss).

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/05/07 at 2:23 pm

I see nothing wrong with wearing make-up...just so you don't end up looking like Tammy Faye or something. I mean, there are ways that you can apply it so that it looks very natural, but makes your face look blended well.  I don't wear a whole lot of makeup (just some eyeliner, eye shadow, and a bit of blush or bronzer...and occasionally some tinted lip gloss).

I normally wear very little make-up as well.  I don't like foundation...it makes me feel like my skin can't breathe!  Usually I wear just some eyeliner to help bring out my eyes.  On occasion I'll wear a bit of blush and maybe some eyeshadow.  :)

Written By: La Roche on 06/05/07 at 2:43 pm

Well that's all very well if you are a healthy colour naturally. I am very pale, sadly not in a luminous porcelin skin kind of way, but in a desperately ill kind of a way. It gets very tiresome being constantly asked if you are feeling alright because 'you look terrible'. So I wear make up. Also I *like* wearing makeup and there is a very great difference between subtle make up and piling it on with a trowel!

Also give a thought to those people who have bad skin and very little self confidence because of it or have a scar they are self conscious of. If putting on make up makes them feel good and gives them the confindence to go into social situations then who are you or I to tell them not to?

I suppose I can understand that.

Like I used to shave my head, but now I've got loads of scars all over it.. and It just looks awful, so I keep enough to cover them.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/05/07 at 2:49 pm

I usually just wear foundation and eyeliner.....sometimes I'll wear powder if I'm looking shiny, but that's about it.  I have very dark eyelids so eyeshadow usually just makes me look like a hooker ;D

Written By: Gis on 06/05/07 at 2:52 pm

I once forgot to put on a bit of blusher before I went to work and they tried to send me home again when I got there because I looked so pale. I must confess to having used the trick since when I've wanted to get out of something!  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/05/07 at 2:54 pm

I once forgot to put on a bit of blusher before I went to work and they tried to send me home again when I got there because I looked so pale. I must confess to having used the trick since when I've wanted to get out of something!  ;D

Good for you!  ;)

Written By: jackas on 06/05/07 at 4:43 pm

I usually just wear foundation and eyeliner.....sometimes I'll wear powder if I'm looking shiny, but that's about it.  I have very dark eyelids so eyeshadow usually just makes me look like a hooker ;D

You realize you just opened yourself up for an Andy attack? ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/05/07 at 6:25 pm

I'm not saying you can't, I'm just saying that people as a whole should be able to be more accepting of themselves and their "imperfections."

Written By: Step-chan on 06/05/07 at 6:33 pm

I love purple nail polish. I wear blue and purple tones on my tootsies. I also have ventured on to black as well. There are times when I just get tired of wearing reds and pinks. 

Purple is cool.

Written By: Gis on 06/06/07 at 1:21 am

I'm not saying you can't, I'm just saying that people as a whole should be able to be more accepting of themselves and their "imperfections."
Sadly when people around you stare,laugh or make nasty comments that is not always easy.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/06/07 at 5:14 am

Thumbs up on that.  I think make-up a is fine, but too many are spending too much cosmetics to trying to replicate what is seen on the cover of magazines, that is there by dint of serious amounts of editing and special effects.  I myself wear a bit of lipstick everyday, on special occasions the eyes and a bit of stuff for the face. 

Sadly when people around you stare,laugh or make nasty comments that is not always easy.

It is difficult sometimes, but they are people who will find a reason to stare, laugh, and make nasty comments no matter what you do, and it is not worth anyones time and/or money to try and please them.  If you are going to get dolled up do it because you want to, not because it will make them happy(because nothing you do will).

Written By: karen on 06/06/07 at 5:31 am

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colours anymore I want them to turn black

Reading the rest of this thread through I am clearly not up to standard  :-[  I hardly ever wear make up, don't pluck my eyebrows, rarely shave my legs or armpits but Dai loves me!

Written By: danootaandme on 06/06/07 at 5:44 am

Reading the rest of this thread through I am clearly not up to standard  :-[  I hardly ever wear make up, don't pluck my eyebrows, rarely shave my legs or armpits but Dai loves me!

I got into the eyebrow thing about a year ago, just get them done when I get a haircut(which is often because I keep it very, very short).  The legs...never, the pits...only when the bathing suit is going on.  I was beginning to think I was the only one.  Once a guy at work said something about women who didn't shave.  I commented that there was something vaguely strange about the whole attraction to shaved body parts thing,  something very "prepubescent".   ::)

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 6:18 am

That's great,At least Dai is accepting of who you are. ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 6:19 am

I got into the eyebrow thing about a year ago, just get them done when I get a haircut(which is often because I keep it very, very short).  The legs...never, the pits...only when the bathing suit is going on.  I was beginning to think I was the only one.  Once a guy at work said something about women who didn't shave.  I commented that there was something vaguely strange about the whole attraction to shaved body parts thing,  something very "prepubescent".   ::)

I don't why women don't like to shave? Is it because It will leave nasty bumps?  ???

Written By: karen on 06/06/07 at 6:27 am

I don't why women don't like to shave? Is it because It will leave nasty bumps?  ???

because it's time consuming and unnecesssary

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 6:29 am

because it's time consuming and unnecesssary

But what about smooth skin,The stuff you see on television? ???

Written By: karen on 06/06/07 at 6:30 am

But what about smooth skin,The stuff you see on television? ???

is that like Immac? cream/lotion that dissolves the hair?

It stinks, its time consuming and it doesn't work

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 6:32 am

is that like Immac? cream/lotion that dissolves the hair?

Something like Neet which gets rid of the hair.

Written By: karen on 06/06/07 at 6:34 am

Written By: danootaandme on 06/06/07 at 6:35 am

And as stated before, it is smelly, time consuming, and unnecessary, and they employ some very caustic chemicals.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 6:35 am

So What do you use to get rid of it? ???

Written By: karen on 06/06/07 at 6:36 am

So What do you use to get rid of it? ???

nothing!

Written By: danootaandme on 06/06/07 at 6:42 am

nothing!

nothing at all!!

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 6:52 am

nothing!

Does Dai like it?

Written By: Gis on 06/06/07 at 6:55 am

It is difficult sometimes, but they are people who will find a reason to stare, laugh, and make nasty comments no matter what you do, and it is not worth anyones time and/or money to try and please them.  If you are going to get dolled up do it because you want to, not because it will make them happy(because nothing you do will).
Very true but it's also not always easy to have that much confidence in yourself and ignore other people especially at high school age. What I'm saying is if wearing make up makes someone feel good about themselves so they walk into a situation head held high rather than shuffling in hoping noone will see them I'm all for it. In an ideal world everyone would feel 100% comfortable in their own skins with no need to beautify but sadly this isn't an ideal world.

Written By: karen on 06/06/07 at 6:55 am

I hardly ever wear make up, don't pluck my eyebrows, rarely shave my legs or armpits but Dai loves me!

Does Dai like it?

That's great,At least Dai is accepting of who you are. ;)

are you that forgetful?  ???

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 6:57 am

Very true but it's also not always easy to have that much confidence in yourself and ignore other people especially at high school age. What I'm saying is if wearing make up makes someone feel good about themselves so they walk into a situation head held high rather than shuffling in hoping noone will see them I'm all for it. In an ideal world everyone would feel 100% comfortable in their own skins with no need to beautify but sadly this isn't an ideal world.

That's why you got to please yourself before you please others.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 6:57 am

are you that forgetful?  ???

Sorry,I must've posted it twice. ::)

Written By: karen on 06/06/07 at 6:59 am

Sorry,I must've posted it twice. ::)

no, you didn't post twice just asked me about something you'd already commented on.  It just seemed a bit random

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 7:02 am

no, you didn't post twice just asked me about something you'd already commented on.  It just seemed a bit random

Sometimes I forget If I posted it or not.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/07 at 1:11 pm

I hate shaving too...but I can't stand having hair on my legs...or under my arms.  I have to use a razor though...all of those Nair products give me a rash.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/06/07 at 2:58 pm

Reading the rest of this thread through I am clearly not up to standard  :-have to shave my legs and armpits!  I couldn't live with myself if I didn't!  :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/06/07 at 5:51 pm

That is true. But the point I'm trying to make is, don't change yourself for other people. Just be your natural self.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 7:36 pm

I hate shaving too...but I can't stand having hair on my legs...or under my arms.  I have to use a razor though...all of those Nair products give me a rash.

I hate shaving too(my face)every day but It's something I enjoy doing.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/07 at 7:45 pm

I hate shaving too(my face)every day but It's something I enjoy doing.

huh?? How can you enjoy doing it...but hate it at the same time, Howard? :D ???

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 7:57 pm

huh?? How can you enjoy doing it...but hate it at the same time, Howard? :D ???

I like it because it keeps my face neat and the "hate" part is when I bleed and nick myself.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/07 at 8:59 pm

I like it because it keeps my face neat and the "hate" part is when I bleed and nick myself.

ah, I get what you are saying! ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/06/07 at 10:54 pm

I don't enjoy shaving, but it's better to feel the scathe for a few minutes in the morning than to feel the scratch of facial hair throughout the day.

Written By: Gis on 06/07/07 at 1:23 am

That is true. But the point I'm trying to make is, don't change yourself for other people. Just be your natural self.
I don't look on wearing make-up as changing yourself,worn properly it's meant to enhance what you have. It's not easy being your natural self if you are not comfortable in your own skin, if wearing make-up helps you to become comfortable in your own skin what's wrong with that.

As to the eyebrow plucking that's a no from me too.I've seen way too many disasters to risk trying my own. I shave my armpits, but only do my legs in the summer or on a special occasion in the winter.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/07/07 at 6:21 am

I don't look on wearing make-up as changing yourself,worn properly it's meant to enhance what you have. It's not easy being your natural self if you are not comfortable in your own skin, if wearing make-up helps you to become comfortable in your own skin what's wrong with that.

As to the eyebrow plucking that's a no from me too.I've seen way too many disasters to risk trying my own. I shave my armpits, but only do my legs in the summer or on a special occasion in the winter.  ;D

I use to have a compulsion of plucking my eyebrows with my fingers out of anxiety and that was painful and then I used to use My Mother's eyebrow liner to cover it so the bald spot wouldn't show much.Damn,That hurt! :(

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/07/07 at 10:30 am

I agree and same here with the shaving.  I get itchy if I don't shave my armpits.  I do pluck my eyebrows, though, but not too much....just the stray hairs from time to time.
You realize you just opened yourself up for an Andy attack? ;D
Yeah, I did, but I'm still waiting.... :P

Written By: La Roche on 06/07/07 at 11:13 am

So sorry, missed this one, I realize this was just a desperate cry for attention.

You don''t HAVE to look like a hooker, but I do live pretty close to East St. Louis, so at least 3 lbs of makeup.. thanks.,

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/07/07 at 4:06 pm

What if we don't like our natural self,can we change for ourselves?

I get what you saying Dom,but a lot of women actually want to go through the beauty rituals,i do,i like taking care of my body and look nice,first for me but also for others,who doesn't like to be told "you look good today"?.
So unless you're a movie or tv star with with a pancake face,make-up doesn't hide anything,it enhances what you already have,plus it's fun,playing with colors and styles,when i was a kid i was a total tomboy,so now i'm making up for it,i love being a girl :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/07/07 at 5:31 pm

What if we don't like our natural self,can we change for ourselves?

I get what you saying Dom,but a lot of women actually want to go through the beauty rituals,i do,i like taking care of my body and look nice,first for me but also for others,who doesn't like to be told "you look good today"?.
So unless you're a movie or tv star with with a pancake face,make-up doesn't hide anything,it enhances what you already have,plus it's fun,playing with colors and styles,when i was a kid i was a total tomboy,so now i'm making up for it,i love being a girl :D

When I hear "You look good today", I think about me looking bad on every other day! And the point I'm making here is not a question of whether or not you like yourself, it's just the fact that people don't like themselves. And they should! But whatever. I don't know. I'm done with explaining this now.

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/07/07 at 5:36 pm

And they should! But whatever. I don't know. I'm done with explaining this now.

Point taken ;)

A dead horse always looks bad,even with make-up on!

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/07/07 at 6:46 pm

I met my husband while swimming in the ocean...no make-up, hair was wet, and let's just say I'm no swimsuit model, but he found me attractive anyway. 

I don't wear make-up when I'm at home but I do when I'm going out, not a lot of it though.  I do pluck my eyebrows (because I take after my father and I would have a unibrow), I shave my legs and armpits.  As far a polishing my nails, I hate the way long nails look with out any polish so if I let my nails grow long I polish them.

I don't do these things to please anyone but myself.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/07/07 at 6:56 pm

I usually wear make-up about once or twice a year and yeah, I love all the compliments I get.  ;)  My theory is if you wear it all the time and the one time you don't, you usually get comments like, "Are you feeling ok?" But if you don't wear it all the time and when you do, you get comments like, "You look great".  :D ;D ;D ;D

As for shaving, I really hate to but do when it is necessary. And yeah, I would rather go with hairy legs than hairy arm pits.  :P Carlos' ex came over one time after just coming from a wedding. She was wearing a sleeveless dress and she didn't shave. It was really nasty.  :P

I do wax my chin & upper lip but REFUSE to have my eyebrows done. I had a friend who was a hair dresser and she always wanted to do my eyebrows but I wouldn't let her touch them.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/07/07 at 7:41 pm

So sorry, missed this one, I realize this was just a desperate cry for attention.

You don''t HAVE to look like a hooker, but I do live pretty close to East St. Louis, so at least 3 lbs of makeup.. thanks.,

3 lbs?!?! That's a little bit too much. :o

Written By: La Roche on 06/07/07 at 11:45 pm

3 lbs?!?! That's a little bit too much. :o

Not where I live.

Written By: Gis on 06/08/07 at 1:16 am

Today the toes are Hot Chilli and the fingers are naked!  :o

Written By: Howard on 06/08/07 at 3:32 pm

Not where I live.

Nobody wears that much amount anymore.

Written By: La Roche on 06/08/07 at 4:40 pm

Nobody wears that much amount anymore.

You calling me a liar?

Written By: KKay on 06/08/07 at 4:41 pm

today is brigght orange!

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/08/07 at 5:31 pm

I'm wearing a pale pink with a golden sheen.

Written By: Gis on 06/09/07 at 4:36 am

Ice blue.  8)

Written By: Howard on 06/09/07 at 6:23 am

You calling me a liar?

No I never said that.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/09/07 at 8:45 am

Wait a minute.....don't I recall you saying that you shaved your unibrow for your girlfriend? ???

Written By: KKay on 06/09/07 at 10:17 am

Wait a minute.....don't I recall you saying that you shaved your unibrow for your girlfriend? ???

that's right!

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/09/07 at 11:50 am

Yes, he did!

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/09/07 at 6:38 pm

Buaha. I thought this might come up. Firstly, 'twas plucked and not shaved. Secondly, well.. I didn't do it for her, we were just bored so I... did it...  Plus, she was my girlfriend before my unibrow disappeared, which is my point.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/07 at 10:17 pm

Buaha. I thought this might come up. Firstly, 'twas plucked and not shaved. Secondly, well.. I didn't do it for her, we were just bored so I... did it...  Plus, she was my girlfriend before my unibrow disappeared, which is my point.

ya ya...tell us another story, Doms! ;D :D ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/09/07 at 10:44 pm

ya ya...tell us another story, Doms! ;D :D ;)

Well, when I was your age, I learned a very valuable lesson. One day, I saw a man yelling for help. He was saying something about his cat being stuck in a tree. I thought he was lying, so I kind of just blew him off.

... Turns out, he was telling the truth, his cat was stuck in the tree. But just because I blew him off, he came into my house that night and slit my throat.

I guess the moral of this story is - Don't accuse people of lying, or they will cut you.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/07 at 10:48 pm

Well, when I was your age, I learned a very valuable lesson. One day, I saw a man yelling for help. He was saying something about his cat being stuck in a tree. I thought he was lying, so I kind of just blew him off.

... Turns out, he was telling the truth, his cat was stuck in the tree. But just because I blew him off, he came into my house that night and slit my throat.

I guess the moral of this story is - Don't accuse people of lying, or they will cut you.

kinky.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/09/07 at 10:57 pm

kinky.

Nah, not really.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/07 at 10:58 pm

Nah, not really.

I know...I just felt like saying this.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/09/07 at 10:59 pm

I know...I just felt like saying this.

Bananas.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/07 at 11:09 pm

Bananas.

grape jam.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/09/07 at 11:17 pm

grape jam.

That stuff's purple.

Written By: Gis on 06/10/07 at 5:44 am

That stuff's purple.
Which is a great colour to wear on your nails!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...