inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Picture this...

Written By: loki 13 on 06/01/07 at 6:11 pm

Did you ever listen to a song and visualize a scene in your head. Certain songs put images in my head
and some are frightening, some are hilarious. So try and put this picture In your head and you can see
what I go through sometime.

The scene:

Two young lovers are lying by the lakeside bathed in moonlight. The sweet scent of honeysuckle fills the air,
their bodies writhing rhythmically with the chirpping of the crickets. Their bodies glistening with perspiration.
He gently caresses her cheek then runs his fingers through her hair. Two bodies combined, move as one,
enthralled by passion. The sounds that one can hear is not the gentle moans of pleasure, It's not the naughty
words of passion or terms of endearment. The sound that can be heard in this time of sexual bliss is;

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Janey
Happy birthday to you

This is the disturbing vision I get everytime I hear "Spirit In The Night," by Bruce Springsteen when the lyric
gets to, "Me and crazy Janey were making love in the dirt, singing our birthday song." What an incredible
lyricist.  :P

Subject: Re: Picture this...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/01/07 at 9:01 pm

hmmm...I kinda can relate to what you are saying. I can think of two songs that give me a particular feeling when I hear them...a very very odd feeling....infact, I can't even listen to the songs because of the odd feeling that I get. 

The first one is "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats.  I don't necessarily think of different words or whatever, but more so, an image in my mind. It actually had to do with a real life scenario when I was younger. There was this playground up the road from my grandma's house and at night teenagers would hang out there. I remember very clearly going by there at night and hearing that song blaring from the playground...but nobody was there...it has left a very odd feeling within me, even to this day.

The other song is, "It Might Be You"...by Stephen Bishop (the theme to the movie "Tootsie"). For some reason when I was young, I had this very odd dream, and this song was in the dream.  Do you know those little candies that they have for holidays such as Easter/Christmas/etc...they are little characters that are chocolate, and they are wrapped in colorful tinfoil...about the size of a pinky finger?  Well, I had this dream that these two people were in so much love, but for some reason the man was turned into one of these candies....and all I can remember is the woman holding it in her hand, and that song playing in the background. To this day, I can't listen to that song without getting sick to my stomach. :o

Subject: Re: Picture this...

Written By: KKay on 06/01/07 at 9:03 pm

I know exactly what you mean.  Now if I could think of an exact moment....

Check for new replies or respond here...