inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Inthe00's members compared to same-aged celebrities?

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/10/07 at 1:12 pm

I know there's already a thread about which celeb you're personally closest in age to, but have you ever thought about members here and how similar they are to pop culture figures of the same age?

Like Britney and me are very close (wrong gender I know, lol), but I guess I share some things in common with her, like the love of music and performing. Despite her more recent tabloid life and personal problems, she genuinely seems like a nice/good person.

To use more examples, Erin's about the same as Alicia Silverstone; the 1989ers are the same as Harry Potter, or the members in their 60s like Don Carlos, are equal to the Boomer-idolized rockers of the '60s like Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones and also Jerry Springer.

Subject: Re: Inthe00's members compared to same-aged celebrities?

Written By: audkal on 06/10/07 at 1:52 pm

LOL, interesting idea.  ;D  I don't know which celebrity is a lot like me.  It probably doesn't help that I don't really know many celebrities who are my age. ;)  I'll think about this though....

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/10/07 at 2:06 pm

LOL, interesting idea.  ;D  I don't know which celebrity is a lot like me.  It probably doesn't help that I don't really know many celebrities who are my age. ;)  I'll think about this though....

I guess singers like Chris Brown or Rihanna. ;D

You know what made me think of this? It's weird because I didn't entirely grasp this until several years ago - since oftentimes entertainers and celebrities act and seem quite a bit younger than the "typical" person of that age would. So lots of times when I was younger, if I encountered someone who was more-old fashioned (either on TV or in person), I'd get really confused and be like Jay Leno is your age, how could you seem so old? ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/10/07 at 3:56 pm

Who am I compared to?

Written By: La Roche on 06/10/07 at 4:02 pm

Who am I compared to?

http://www.mgroves.com/images/pee_wee_herman.jpg

Written By: Howard on 06/10/07 at 4:28 pm

::) !

Written By: tv on 06/10/07 at 4:43 pm

This is hard Marty for me but its an interesting topic. I would say I;m a little street but a very gentle person though. I aguess I would be be  late R&B singer Aaliyah personality wise(Yeah I know she's female and I;m male but she was very down to earth like myself.) Aaliyah was born in early 1979 and I was born in November in 1979.) I was dramitically saddened for a week by her death in 2001 as a matter fact as well and was on her bandwagon before her 2001 album came out and than all of a sudden she had died so unexpectedly. It is hard for me to watch one of her music videos to this day so I have to flip the channel. I don;t know I had never met Aaliyah and she wasn;t my favorite artist of the 90's but at the same time I did like some of her songs and did have some kind of connection with her obviously with everything I have written on this particular post. Its just strange I have/had(because of her death) such a connection with somebody I never even met.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/07 at 5:02 pm

I know there's already a thread about which celeb you're personally closest in age to, but have you ever thought about members here and how similar they are to pop culture figures of the same age?

Like Britney and me are very close (wrong gender I know, lol), but I guess I share some things in common with her, like the love of music and performing. Despite her more recent tabloid life and personal problems, she genuinely seems like a nice/good person.

To use more examples, Erin's about the same as Alicia Silverstone; the 1989ers are the same as Harry Potter, or the members in their 60s like Don Carlos, are equal to the Boomer-idolized rockers of the '60s like Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones and also Jerry Springer.

Ok, I can see comparing Carlos to Paul McCartney (even though the guy can't carry a tune if it had a handle on it) but Jerry Springer-PUL LEASE!!!

Cat

Written By: Step-chan on 06/10/07 at 5:06 pm

I don't even know what celebrities are my age.

What celebrities are 30 years old?

Written By: woops on 06/10/07 at 5:12 pm

Nobody

Written By: Step-chan on 06/10/07 at 5:14 pm

Nobody

None right now?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/07 at 5:17 pm

None right now?
Pop Singer Ronan Keating is 30 years old.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/10/07 at 5:20 pm

Pop Singer Ronan Keating is 30 years old.

I don't even know who he is.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/07 at 5:26 pm

I don't even know who he is.
Ronan Keating

Written By: tv on 06/10/07 at 5:27 pm

Ronan Keating
He was in the boy band "Boyzone" I think.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/10/07 at 5:28 pm

Ronan Keating

Okay, I'm surprised they didn't have an image of him on there. Had to go google for one.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/07 at 5:30 pm

He was in the boy band "Boyzone" I think.
Correct.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/07 at 5:39 pm

I would compare Philip to John Cleese. Ok, so John is a bit older but the sense of humor is similar.

Cat

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/10/07 at 5:45 pm

This is hard Marty for me but its an interesting topic. I would say I;m a little street but a very gentle person though. I aguess I would be be  late R&B singer Aaliyah personality wise(Yeah I know she's female and I;m male but she was very down to earth like myself.) Aaliyah was born in early 1979 and I was born in November in 1979.) I was dramitically saddened for a week by her death in 2001 as a matter fact as well and was on her bandwagon before her 2001 album came out and than all of a sudden she had died so unexpectedly. It is hard for me to watch one of her music videos to this day so I have to flip the channel. I don;t know I had never met Aaliyah and she wasn;t my favorite artist of the 90's but at the same time I did like some of her songs and did have some kind of connection with her obviously with everything I have written on this particular post. Its just strange I have/had(because of her death) such a connection with somebody I never even met.

Yeah, I can understand that as I'm sort of the way you described myself too. I think it's a tragedy when anyone dies that you personally admire, especially if it's unexpected. Both her and Lisa Lopez of TLC I felt were pretty sad.

Ok, I can see comparing Carlos to Paul McCartney (even though the guy can't carry a tune if it had a handle on it) but Jerry Springer-PUL LEASE!!!

Cat

Aww, but Jerry's cool, lol. He was a good mayor and news reporter/commentator (from what I've seen and heard secondhand) before he ever did the show that he's now been typecasted for. He really doesn't get a fair representation from that. If you look at his serious side he's not a bad guy to be modeled after.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/07 at 5:53 pm

Aww, but Jerry's cool, lol. He was a good mayor and news reporter/commentator (from what I've seen and heard secondhand) before he ever did the show that he's now been typecasted for. He really doesn't get a fair representation from that. If you look at his serious side he's not a bad guy to be modeled after.

That's ok. Sir Paul is SOOOO much better anyway.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/10/07 at 5:55 pm

^ Yeah, he's not bad. I'm a pretty big Beatles fan, as well as his solo work too. He's been a massive celebrity since 1964, so that says something about his longevity.

Written By: whistledog on 06/10/07 at 6:00 pm

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/1958/peeweehowardpz5.png

Written By: audkal on 06/10/07 at 9:28 pm

I guess singers like Chris Brown or Rihanna. ;D

LMAO, sadly I don't know either of those people.  ;D

You know what made me think of this? It's weird because I didn't entirely grasp this until several years ago - since oftentimes entertainers and celebrities act and seem quite a bit younger than the "typical" person of that age would. So lots of times when I was younger, if I encountered someone who was more-old fashioned (either on TV or in person), I'd get really confused and be like Jay Leno is your age, how could you seem so old? ;D

LOL, that seems to be true, but I'm not really sure why.  ;D

Well I thought about it and I think I'm gonna say I'm a lot like American Idol's Jordin Sparks in a way.  She's an '89er like me (I'm a little older, by 4 months).  We both have a great love for music--we are also both kind of curvy gals, and we're both okay with that!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/11/07 at 4:28 pm

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/1958/peeweehowardpz5.png

Pete's Sake!  :( ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/11/07 at 4:29 pm

Pete's Sake!  :( ::)

Pee Wee Howard? :o

Written By: Howard on 06/11/07 at 4:37 pm

Pee Wee Howard? :o

yeah,Pee Wee Howard. ::) ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 06/11/07 at 5:12 pm

yeah,Pee Wee Howard. ::) ;D

At least they haven't put your face on this:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/Nekonin/Anime%20and%20Games/kirbtsurya.gif

Oops! I shouldn't have posted that..... :D ::)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/11/07 at 5:18 pm

I realised this sometime around my birthday, but probably the person I am closest to age to the day (just about) is Apolo Anton Ohno. He was born one day after me in 1982 (same year as myself). He was born May 22nd, I was born May 21st. I think he and I are similar in ways that he appears shy and humble. He's a hardworker and determined. He seems likable for the most part.

Written By: KKay on 06/12/07 at 4:28 pm

this was an interesting idea. i went online and found this article :

it's about celebs I like that are the same age as me...

Watts: '40-year-old actresses rule Hollywood'
BY: WENN  |  Monday, February 12, 2007
ADVERTISEMENT
Naomi Watts has lavished praise on Hollywood for giving more roles to middle-aged actresses.

The 38-year-old KING KONG star isn't worried about losing out on challenging parts as she gets older, because 39-year-old NICOLE KIDMAN and 37-year-old CATE BLANCHETT are still at the top of their profession as they approach 40.

She says, "As I've gotten older, the roles - knock on wood - are getting more interesting. The longer the life, the deeper the characters, the richer the material. The theory used to be that it stops at 35 for women in Hollywood, but I think that has changed.

"For a while it felt as if women's roles were going to all the 25-year-olds, but now, 40 seems to be the new 35, it really is. Look at all these great women around the age of 40 - Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, RENEE ZELLWEGER and EMILY WATSON - they will all keep working."

Written By: Howard on 06/12/07 at 4:30 pm

At least they haven't put your face on this:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/Nekonin/Anime%20and%20Games/kirbtsurya.gif

Oops! I shouldn't have posted that..... :D ::)

don't give anybody any ideas. ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/12/07 at 5:38 pm

don't give anybody any ideas. ::)

I haven't seen it yet, I'll check first to make sure.

Written By: jackas on 06/12/07 at 6:57 pm

I don't even know what celebrities are my age.

What celebrities are 30 years old?

Screech, Orlando Bloom, Shakira, James Van Der Beek...  OK, that's through March 1977.  I'm sure there's more.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/12/07 at 7:13 pm

Screech, Orlando Bloom, Shakira, James Van Der Beek...  OK, that's through March 1977.  I'm sure there's more.

Screech from Saved by the bell

Orlando Bloom from LOTR

Shakira(Singer I'm guessing).

James Van Der Beek from Dawson Creek?(From what my mom just guessed)

Check for new replies or respond here...