inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Make Your Own Fake Ad

Written By: Billy Chipelkwie on 06/18/07 at 7:28 pm

Red Ant here. Inspired by the spamminess of the now defunct "Wanting/Selling" board, feel free to try to sell anything you want. No real offers please. I'm moving threads over from the 'fake' wanting/selling board first, then will open this thread to everyone.

First ad (by Whistledog):

So I am looking for a set of Lawn Jarts.  I know they have been banned for sale in the USA because they are dangerous, and this is why I need some.  They look like this ...

http://www.geocities.com/bourne62/100_1039.JPG

See, there's this guy who I know that I am not too fond of, so I figure an accident with a Lawn Jart wouldn't look suspicious, so no fingers could be pointed my way.  I would specifically like the tips to be red.  Any help would be appreciated

Oh, and if the cops start asking any questions .. I don't and never did exist

Subject: Wanted: anything that Debbie Gibson has ever touched!

Written By: Gibson Freak on 06/18/07 at 7:31 pm

OMG! I am so in love with Debbie Gibson! I saw her in concert when she was younger, and she actually threw her sweat towel in the crowd and I caught it! I still have it and to this day haven't washed it. It stinks a little but I sleep with it every night and touch it every day before I walk out the door!
OMG! So I am totally looking for anything that anyone has ever gotten that Debbie Gibson has touched! I am lost without these pieces of her and I need them so desperately! You cannot imagine the despair if I knew someone was holding onto these precious artifacts and not willing to share with me!!!

email me with pictures and details at gibsonfreak@hotmail.com
Don't hold back because my misery will be yours!

I will pay up to $10 s/h incl. for any and all pieces!!!

Subject: Wanted: Soap, Soap, and more Soap

Written By: Soap Freak on 06/18/07 at 7:34 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE soap and I need some more soap NOW!!!!!! If anybody has some soap for me please contact me IMMEDIATELY.

URGENT: SOAP NEEDED NOW!

Subject: Wanted: Info on how to sell stuff

Written By: Lou Sers on 06/18/07 at 7:42 pm

hi all! my name is lou end i need in4mation onhow to sell stuff like spam i want to be ebayand makes lots of l337 cash properlike plz email me back soon so i can be real rich in the futur kthxbye

(This was Red Ant).

Subject: Re: Wanted: Info on how to sell stuff

Written By: nally on 06/18/07 at 7:43 pm

Is this the same guest as the one who created the other three threads in here already? ??? ::)

Written By: Bass Cleff Boogie Boy on 06/18/07 at 7:44 pm

Is this the same guest as the one who created the other three threads in here already? ??? ::)

No

Written By: nally on 06/18/07 at 7:46 pm

No

yeah right ::)

Where else would I see such goofy names?

Written By: Paper Airplane Maker on 06/18/07 at 7:48 pm

yeah right ::)

Where else would I see such goofy names?

In Disney Cartoons.  Goofy says "Uh-heel, Uh-heel, Gawrsh" :D

Written By: Red Ant on 06/18/07 at 7:49 pm

nally, all threads are by different people. I am "Lou Sers" (my first anonymous post, yay!). This board was a joke for me since Tam deleted the original wanting/selling board, something I wanted to do. She recreated it for me and a few others posted typical spammy looking comments that led to the original board being axed.

Written By: nally on 06/18/07 at 7:50 pm

nally, all threads are by different people. I am "Lou Sers" (my first anonymous post, yay!). This board was a joke for me since Tam deleted the original wanting/selling board, something I wanted to do. She recreated it for me and a few others posted typical spammy looking comments that led to the original board being axed.

Oh okay. Gotcha. ;) I wasn't sure at first when I saw those guest posts under crazy names.

Written By: Tam on 06/18/07 at 7:53 pm

SURE SURE blame it on me!!!
I did it!
I admit it!
I am guilty!
I deleted the original board!
WHINE WHINE POUT POUT

Mahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaah

Written By: Red Ant on 06/18/07 at 7:55 pm

SURE SURE blame it on me!!!
I did it!
I admit it!
I am guilty!
I deleted the original board!
WHINE WHINE POUT POUT

Mahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaah

Is that one of those random geometric pictures you stare into and find a dragon?

Mahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahaha
hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahaha
haahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha
hahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaaha
hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahah
ahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaah
ahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah
ahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahaha
hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahaha
haahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah
ahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaah
hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahah
hahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaah
ahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha
haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhaha
hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahah
ahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahhaahhahahahahLOL!haahhahahahahahah
ahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahah
ahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah
ahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahaha
hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahah
aahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaha
hahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha
hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahaha
hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaa
hahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah
aahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaah

Subject: Re: Make Your Own Fake Ad

Written By: La Roche on 06/18/07 at 10:11 pm

Wanted.

One Brown Loafer. Left. Size 13.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/19/07 at 4:09 am

For sale CHEAP:  One cloak of invisibility - One size fits most  (bought at Wal-Mart).  Works semi-perfectly. 

Make me an offer

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/07 at 5:02 am

For sale CHEAP:  One cloak of invisibility - One size fits most  (bought at Wal-Mart).  Works semi-perfectly.  Only Canadian television shows on DVD addicts can see right through said cloak. 

Make me an offer
Can I buy it with this invisible cheque?

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 06/19/07 at 11:47 am

Selling:

Used toenails in a jar. Some are still painted. These nails go as far back as the 80's.

Make me an offer.

Written By: Tam on 06/19/07 at 11:54 am

Selling:

Used toenails in a jar. Some are still painted. These nails go as far back as the 80's.

Make me an offer.

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW! ;D

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/19/07 at 12:26 pm

Ok like omg guys. I was like at the like mall the other day and i like totally saw my friend becky and she was all like hi and i was all like hi. And then she was all like we we should like totaly go to like JC Penny's or something an i was all like yeah like totally.

So we like get to like JC Penny's an Like broke a nail and I was like OMG I BROKE A NAIL! and beck was all like OMG YOU BROKE A NAIL! and then I saw this gorgeous outfit and it was like totaly awesome and like I want it. Now will someone please please please get me this outfit cuz it is like totally gorgeous and I am going to like die if I dont get it soon.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/19/07 at 12:33 pm

I'm tired of being normal. I saw an advertisement in a magazine for this new product called "Skin-Off." It's a lotion that basically burns you until you're nothing but a skeleton. Thing is, I can't afford this pricey lotion. Does anybody have some left over that they could sell me for cheap?

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/19/07 at 12:33 pm

I'm tired of being normal. I saw an advertisement in a magazine for this new product called "Skin-Off." It's a lotion that basically burns you until you're nothing but a skeleton. Thing is, I can't afford this pricey lotion. Does anybody have some left over that they could sell me for cheap?

And along the same lines, does anybody have the Old Age lotion that makes you look all wrinkly? I can't say I'm too fond of needing a fake ID when I go to bars... And I can't say that I'm too fond of the young folk hitting on me while I'm in there. When you look like an old man, everything's easier.

Written By: Tam on 06/19/07 at 12:35 pm

FOR LEASE:

One slightly used Son! He is a bit crazy at times, and cracked at others.
He is 15 but thinks he is 30. Loves animals (at least the ones he can catch and cook)
Will do chores for you, as long as you hound him for days and days!
I say for lease because I do need him back. I would like for you to take him until he has finished his growing stage, that way you pay for all his clothes and shoes and food. And trust me.... this kid can eat!

Reply to me at getridoftheson@lunatics.com
All reasonable offers accepted

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/07 at 12:54 pm

FOR LEASE:

He is 15 but thinks he is 30. Loves animals (at least the ones he can catch and cook)
I say for lease because I do need him back. I would like for you to take him until he has finished his growing stage, that way you pay for all his clothes and shoes and food. And trust me.... this kid can eat!

I will wait for the off of buy one get one free

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/19/07 at 3:51 pm

Can I buy it with this invisible cheque?

Those are the only kind I EVER get!

Alright, look for the box of invisibility to be in the post after I receive your cheque.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/20/07 at 1:04 am

You can buy a jug of muriatic acid (used in pools and to clean bricks) for about 7$. Used incorrectly, it is very much "Skin Off".

I have some old, and possible unstable, muratic acid which I could send you in a used milk jug. Problem is hazmat fees and shipping far exceed the cost of a new jug...

FOR LEASE:

I give you three-fiddy for him.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/20/07 at 1:05 am

Selling:

Make me an offer.

If you could make a belt out of them, I would gladly offer 500$ in Monopoly money.

Written By: whistledog on 06/20/07 at 1:41 am

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.  My name is Ripa F. Artist and I'd like to offer you for only $59.95 a sheet of 8x10 'Healing Paper'.  With this magical paper, all your physical and financial cures will be healed

CALL TOLL FREE:  1-877-SCAM-YOU

After you order your own sheet of 'Healing Paper', you must send away for your 'Healing Crayon', at a small cost to you of only $109.95.  With this Healing Crayon, you will write your wishes on your Healing Paper, which you will then send back to me, and I will personally guarantee you great riches, cures for all your aches and pains for a small fee of only $1,900.  You won't find a better deal than that.  You have my personal guarantee!

CALL NOW! 

Written By: Red Ant on 06/20/07 at 2:05 am

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.  My name is Ripa F. Artist and I'd like to offer you for only $59.95 a sheet of 8x10 'Healing Paper'.  With this magical paper, all your physical and financial cures will be healed

CALL TOLL FREE:  1-877-SCAM-YOU

After you order your own sheet of 'Healing Paper', you must send away for your 'Healing Crayon', at a small cost to you of only $109.95.  With this Healing Crayon, you will write your wishes on your Healing Paper, which you will then send back to me, and I will personally guarantee you great riches, cures for all your aches and pains for a small fee of only $1,900.  You won't find a better deal than that.  You have my personal guarantee!

CALL NOW! 

This is clearly a scam!!!!! Folks, my name is Ahm Notta Fallinforthat, and I have dedicated my life to stopping spammers and scammers. I have seen the heartbreak and financial ruin they can bring. I offer a product that will forever make you invincible to scams. It is called "SCAM AWAY". This spray comes in a handy 2oz aerosol can, and the scent is one of being well beyond broke, so that scammers won't ever target you!

Since I know you guys are weary of all the scams and fraud perpetrated on TV and the Internet, I offer my patent-bending SCAM AWAY for FREE! Yes, folks, abso-loot-ely FREE!! There are no strings attached, no commitment to buy more. Please call this toll unfree number to get your free trial can of SCAM AWAY!!

1-900-ARE-UDUM

An operator is always available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 366 days a year! Please call now!

Credit card necessary for age validation. This number costs $9.99 the first minute, $5.99 each additional minute. Orders take approximately 30 minutes to process.  A recurring 59.95$ fee will be billed to your credit card every month until you cancel your order with RIP-OFF ENTERPRISES, parent company of SCAM AWAY. Cancellation due to any other reasons besides death or bankruptcy is invalid.

Check for new replies or respond here...