inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What does your car/house smell like?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/19/07 at 2:16 pm

Everyone has there own special scent in their house and car. I was thinking about this on my way home yesterday. Just recently I put a Yankee Candle Co. car freshner in my glove compartment and now it smells very yummy! It smells like Macintosh Apples.

We rent out two rooms in a 3 bedroom house, and I currently try to keep both rooms smelling nice. One of the rooms smells like a nice linen smell (from sachets I bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond). The other room has a more rosey scent to it.

Subject: Re: What does your car/house smell like?

Written By: Apricot on 06/19/07 at 2:27 pm

Most people are unaware of their scent, I assumed..

My house, based on smelling it upon a return after a couple of weeks, has a smell sort of like corn-chips.. it's not a strong smell, it's just our dog.

Our cars smell like laundry, my mom gets Yankee Candle's air fresheners for the car.. "Clean Cotton" is her scent of choice, which smells like fresh laundry. All 3 vehicles (dad's, mom's and mine) have one.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/19/07 at 2:29 pm

This morning when I woke up, the house smelled like garlic because I'd cooked garlic spaghetti for dinner last night!  :D

Written By: whistledog on 06/19/07 at 2:32 pm

My car smells like chicken, because I took some Swiss Chalet last night LOL
My kitchen smells like .. well i don't know, but it's not a very pleasant smell.  I've got a stack of dishes piled up in the sink that have sat there for going on 3 weeks now.  I'm too lazy to wash them, but the smell is maybe forcing me to get unlazy ;D

Written By: La Roche on 06/19/07 at 2:34 pm

My house usually smells like Fabreze, because that's how I clean. Just spray Fabreze around.

Right now my car smells kind of like fried onions.. and I don't know why.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/19/07 at 2:42 pm

My kitchen smells like .. well i don't know, but it's not a very pleasant smell.  I've got a stack of dishes piled up in the sink that have sat there for going on 3 weeks now.  I'm too lazy to wash them, but the smell is maybe forcing me to get unlazy ;D

You sound exactly like my father-in-law!  ::)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/19/07 at 3:52 pm

I have a room mate who cooks lots of Asian cuisine and it often smells like Chinese food. But, I like it. It's never offending. Usually most the house will have that scent linger over night.

Written By: Howard on 06/19/07 at 4:42 pm

My house smells like when you come home from somewhere you get that gas smell something like from when an oven was turned on.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/19/07 at 5:30 pm

My house usually smells yummy...I burn candles all the time, and I also use those neat plug-in things that you can buy refills for. I have a strawberry one in one room, and a cherry one in another room. I am currently burning hazelnut candles in the kitchen.

Our car smells like that new car smell, because that's what scent air freshener we use. :)

Written By: jackas on 06/19/07 at 5:37 pm

My house is new so it still has that new carpet/paint smell.  My car on the other hand....smells like dirt and dust. :P

Written By: gemini on 06/19/07 at 5:38 pm

Right now the house smells like Vanilla Oak, a Yankee Candle scent, and the car smells like new car smell and it's been 9 months since we bought it. I hope it smells like that FOR EV ER!  ;D

Written By: Davester on 06/20/07 at 12:49 am

The digs smell of patchouli (from the incense...) and the car smells like the Christmas tree air freshener.  It's a 20 year old car...

Written By: Red Ant on 06/20/07 at 12:58 am

My car smells like chicken, because I took some Swiss Chalet last night LOL

Use disposable stuff, like paper plates and plasticware. End of problem. Buy a gas grill, too: they take all of 5 seconds to clean with a wire brush. All bachelors (and many men) will use these methods to continue to be lazy.  :D

Written By: La Roche on 06/20/07 at 7:53 pm

Use disposable stuff, like paper plates and plasticware. End of problem. Buy a gas grill, too: they take all of 5 seconds to clean with a wire brush. All bachelors (and many men) will use these methods to continue to be lazy.  :D

I own plates.. and when I can be bothered to cook I'll do it either in the oven or.. in a pan or something...

Does this mean what I think it means?

Written By: Red Ant on 06/20/07 at 7:57 pm

I own plates.. and when I can be bothered to cook I'll do it either in the oven or.. in a pan or something...

Does this mean what I think it means?

That you are really a woman?

Written By: La Roche on 06/20/07 at 7:58 pm

That you are really a woman?

I was thinking gay, but.. I suppose the two aren't all that far separated.

Although, in my hetro defense.. I maybe cook something once a month.. and then it's often chili or something.

Written By: spaceace on 06/20/07 at 8:01 pm

My pad/flat/apartment smells like Yankee Candle's "Fresh Meadow".  (burn baby burn!!!)  The jeep smells like an old car.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/20/07 at 8:10 pm

I was thinking gay, but.. I suppose the two aren't all that far separated.

Although, in my hetro defense.. I maybe cook something once a month.. and then it's often chili or something.

Get yourself a grill. If you want an extra to boost your hetero-ness, get a charcoal one.

Seriously though, grills make great tasting food in short order, a propane cylinder will last a month+, even cooking every day of the month. I can go from lighting off the grill to having an excellent steak in about 12 minutes flat. You can get a really decent grill and utensils for around 200-250$, and it will last a good 7-10 years before it needs repair.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/20/07 at 8:31 pm

Like Erin, I have a different scent in each room ;D  In here, I have one of those plug-ins that alternates fragrances so it depends on when you're in here ;D

Written By: La Roche on 06/20/07 at 9:10 pm

Get yourself a grill. If you want an extra to boost your hetero-ness, get a charcoal one.

Seriously though, grills make great tasting food in short order, a propane cylinder will last a month+, even cooking every day of the month. I can go from lighting off the grill to having an excellent steak in about 12 minutes flat. You can get a really decent grill and utensils for around 200-250$, and it will last a good 7-10 years before it needs repair.

There's a grill out back. But I live in St. Louis.. and it's either -40 and snowing.. or 110 and so humid your ass melts.  ;D

Couldn't I just buy a gun and kill something furry and un-intelligent?

Written By: KKay on 06/27/07 at 10:11 pm

There's a grill out back. But I live in St. Louis.. and it's either -40 and snowing.. or 110 and so humid your ass melts.  ;D

Couldn't I just buy a gun and kill something furry and un-intelligent?

my house smells like something furry and un-intelligent.  downstairs smells like dog.  upstairs smells like hot attic air.

Written By: annonymouse on 06/27/07 at 11:59 pm

Everyone has there own special scent in their house and car. I was thinking about this on my way home yesterday. Just recently I put a Yankee Candle Co. car freshner in my glove compartment and now it smells very yummy! It smells like Macintosh Apples.

i hope you don't mean the original ibook. that thing smells like BO when you open it up!

Written By: Howard on 06/28/07 at 2:49 pm

It has a damp musty smell.

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/28/07 at 4:13 pm

Basement smells like a Gold Canyon Candle, "Autumn Walk" is the scent.

Upstairs smells like Clean Linen or Fresh Laundry or Cotton Blossom.  Hell, I can't remember the name, but it smells like clean, just washed clothes, sorta.

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/07 at 4:17 pm

my house smells like something furry and un-intelligent.  downstairs smells like dog.  upstairs smells like hot attic air.

Your bathroom smells like fields.

Written By: KKay on 06/28/07 at 6:02 pm

Your bathroom smells like fields.

the downstairs bathroom?  which?  and ...um..what kind of feilds?

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/07 at 6:08 pm

the downstairs bathroom?  which?  and ...um..what kind of feilds?

UmmHmm, downstairs.. I dunno, like.. pretty fields.

Written By: KKay on 06/28/07 at 6:09 pm

UmmHmm, downstairs.. I dunno, like.. pretty fields.

whew. i thought...onion field. cow field...

Written By: rock and rye on 06/28/07 at 6:10 pm

our apartment smells like nag champa basically, and she lights scented candles sometimes, vanilla or something usually.

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/07 at 6:19 pm

whew. i thought...onion field. cow field...

No, like.. I suppose.. flowers or something?

Written By: KKay on 06/28/07 at 6:22 pm

No, like.. I suppose.. flowers or something?

whew!

not after you were in there, though.... ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/29/07 at 4:07 pm

My basement has an old musty damp old smell.  :P

Written By: La Roche on 06/29/07 at 9:53 pm

whew!

not after you were in there, though.... ;D

No, whenever I leave a room it totally reaks of awesomeness!

Written By: Apricot on 06/29/07 at 10:13 pm

Our cars smell like laundry, my mom gets Yankee Candle's air fresheners for the car.. "Clean Cotton" is her scent of choice, which smells like fresh laundry. All 3 vehicles (dad's, mom's and mine) have one.

Mine wore out and my car when I went to drive today smelled like old fries and grass (it became my parents' "bitch car" a few weeks ago, that they used to carry bags of trash around and take these little kids to McDonald's who spilled fries everywhere), so I went to vacuum it out and got an Air Freshener.. it allegedly smells like New Car.

Written By: La Roche on 06/29/07 at 10:17 pm

Mine wore out and my car when I went to drive today smelled like old fries and grass (it became my parents' "bitch car" a few weeks ago, that they used to carry bags of trash around and take these little kids to McDonald's who spilled fries everywhere), so I went to vacuum it out and got an Air Freshener.. it allegedly smells like New Car.

I tried and tried to get the smell of old people out of my car, but couldn't, so I drove around with the A/C off and some white castles on the passenger seat, that sweet oniony/ghurkiny/cheap meaty smell just permeates leather.

Written By: KKay on 06/30/07 at 2:19 pm

I tried and tried to get the smell of old people out of my car, but couldn't, so I drove around with the A/C off and some white castles on the passenger seat, that sweet oniony/ghurkiny/cheap meaty smell just permeates leather.

oh, if it only came in a bottle.

Written By: La Roche on 06/30/07 at 2:21 pm

oh, if it only came in a bottle.

I'd spray it on myself like cologne.

Written By: Howard on 06/30/07 at 6:42 pm

I'd spray it on myself like cologne.

What would be the name of it? ;D

Written By: La Roche on 07/01/07 at 12:33 am

What would be the name of it? ;D

L'onion pour homme.

Check for new replies or respond here...