inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm leaving...

Written By: Red Ant on 06/27/07 at 1:29 am

...for Tampa Bay, Florida! In less than 5 hours, I will be on a plane to see a friend of mine down there. I will be gone for six days, enjoying my first vacation in a looooong time.

Subject: Re: I'm leaving...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/27/07 at 1:34 am

Please take good care on your trip and we all look forward to your safe return.

Written By: whistledog on 06/27/07 at 1:35 am

Have a good trip! :)

Written By: Gis on 06/27/07 at 2:56 am

Have fun, fun, fun!

Written By: karen on 06/27/07 at 3:29 am

hope you have a really good trip

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/27/07 at 4:39 am

Blue skies, green lights, man.
Be safe!

Written By: Howard on 06/27/07 at 6:45 am

Have a safe trip.

Written By: statsqueen on 06/27/07 at 8:22 am

I spent a lot of time in the Tampa Bay area growing up....I would love to hear more about what part you were in when you get back.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/27/07 at 9:33 am

wait, did I give approval for this?  where's your vacation leave statement.  Have you finished all those TPS reports I sent you?

Written By: Brian06 on 06/27/07 at 9:58 am

Have a good trip.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/27/07 at 10:32 am

Have a great and safe trip.

Cat

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/27/07 at 10:39 am

Have fun on your trip! Stay safe!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/27/07 at 11:44 am

Have a good time, and we'll see you when you get back!  8)

Written By: Marian on 06/27/07 at 3:33 pm

Stay away from the aligators.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/28/07 at 3:36 am

have fun & enjoy some R&R Red Ant.  willl you be swinging over to Miami or staying in Tampa Bay?

Written By: Red Ant on 07/04/07 at 1:45 am

Please take good care on your trip and we all look forward to your safe return.

Have a safe trip.

Blue skies, green lights, man.
Be safe!

Have fun on your trip! Stay safe!

I have safely returned, althougth watching Final Destination the day before the flight back required many adult beverages to calm my nerves (that, and I had never flown at night, nor for about 15 years prior to my flight there)

Have a good trip! :)

Have fun, fun, fun!

hope you have a really good trip

Have a great and safe trip.

Cat

Have a good trip.

I did! Busch Gardens Tampa was in many respects better than Busch in Williamsburg: the lines were non-existant, so we rode all 5 major coasters before 11am. Kumba is now my favorite coaster: with 7 inversions and a roaring from the tracks, it's a very thrilling ride, especially on the right hand seats since most turns are left handed.

We also did several impromptu karaoke/parody recordings: they will be available soon! Most are whatfreakers, but I managed a karaokedy of "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" that is *fairly* clean.  ;D

have fun & enjoy some R&R Red Ant.  willl you be swinging over to Miami or staying in Tampa Bay?

I stayed in Tampa the whole time. I don't think the Hartline runs to Miami, and, even if it did, a 12 hour bus ride would be strictly out of the question. Tampa's public transportation was generally excellent, except for the last day when the 34 was 20 minutes late while it was raining elephants and hippopotami, and the 30 to the airport had no AC.

I spent a lot of time in the Tampa Bay area growing up....I would love to hear more about what part you were in when you get back.

Hmm.. since I was confused as heck while I was down there, it's hard to tell. I was north of downtown, I guess about halfway between the airport and E-borg (sp?). Seminole Heights was said to be close by, but we didn't go there. Busch Gardens was about 30 minutes away.

Stay away from the aligators.

The only alligators I saw were at Busch Gardens. One was an 18 month old baby, maybe 3 feet long. A trainer was handling him (her?). The other was a 12 footer who was in a glass walled tank. Apparently he escaped his cage at one point and wound up in the pool area of one of their water rides, but never bit anyone. I did see lots of lizards down there...

wait, did I give approval for this?  where's your vacation leave statement.  Have you finished all those TPS reports I sent you?

As soon as I see a paycheck, I'll gladly answer all of your questions.  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/07 at 1:52 am

It is good to see you safely back.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/04/07 at 1:52 am

welcome back, hope you had a terrific trip.  some pics would be beneficial

Written By: Red Ant on 07/04/07 at 1:54 am

It is good to see you safely back.

Thanks!

welcome back, hope you had a terrific trip.  some pics would be beneficial

I bought the camera shot of Below Average Dave and I riding Gwazzi, their wooden roller coaster. It's the only shot we have of the trip, but I promise I'll post it in a day or so.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/04/07 at 2:02 am

Thanks!

I bought the camera shot of Below Average Dave and I riding Gwazzi, their wooden roller coaster. It's the only shot we have of the trip, but I promise I'll post it in a day or so.
excellent. I took a roll of pics at a party last wekend, and only 2 pics developed. darn cheap disposable camera. but i did leave it in my car & it got really hot. I presume you used a digital camera

Written By: Red Ant on 07/04/07 at 2:08 am

excellent. I took a roll of pics at a party last wekend, and only 2 pics developed. darn cheap disposable camera. but i did leave it in my car & it got really hot. I presume you used a digital camera

Actually, no. We bought the camera shot automatically taken by BG while on the ride: I brought no camera. In the future, I will bring one or at the very least NOT buy a photo of the first ride we went on: carrying around a 6x9" photo w/folder all day was a PITA.

Dave's roomate scanned the photo onto his computer, but I haven't had access to it yet. I'd post it now but, alas, I haven't a scanner.

Check for new replies or respond here...