inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Vermont Is The Winner In The Simpson's Movie Premire

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/07 at 11:30 am

I'm sure most of you are aware that there is a new Simpson's movie coming out. There is a contest between 14 Springfields across the U.S. to host the premiere in their town. Springfield, VT is no exception.  You can see all 14 movies here:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/simpsons-contest.htm

I'm sure most of who live in states that their Springfield is competing, will vote for their own Springfield. However, those of you who live in a state that doesn't have a Springfield or those of you not in the U.S., little Springfield, VT could use your vote. The movie was written by a 17 year old and the entire town was involved with making the film. (BTW, Vermont Yankee-nuke plant-is not too far from Springfield, VT.  ;) )

Cat

Subject: Re: Please Vote For Simpson's Movie Premire

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/07 at 11:32 am

I'm sure most of you are aware that there is a new Simpson's movie coming out. There is a contest between 14 Springfields across the U.S. to host the premiere in their town. Springfield, VT is no exception.  You can see all 14 movies here:

I'm sure most of who live in states that their Springfield is competing, will vote for their own Springfield. However, those of you who live in a state that doesn't have a Springfield or those of you not in the U.S., little Springfield, VT could use your vote. The movie was written by a 17 year old and the entire town was involved with making the film. (BTW, Vermont Yankee-nuke plant-is not too far from Springfield, VT.  ;) )

Cat
You recommend we vote for Springfield, VT?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/07 at 11:34 am

You recommend we vote for Springfield, VT?

Yup.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/07 at 11:36 am

Yup.  ;)

Cat
Done!

Written By: spaceace on 07/03/07 at 11:49 am

Springfield Vermont, what a town!!!  Never been there but I've heard it's nice. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/07 at 11:50 am

Done!

Thanks. Did you watch the movie? I'm downloading it now so I can watch it (damn dial-up). BTW, I was NOT in the movie. Springfield is across the state from me (about and hour and a half drive from here). Carlos' daughter used to live there and I'm sure she knows some people who are in it.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/07 at 11:53 am

Thanks. Did you watch the movie? I'm downloading it now so I can watch it (damn dial-up). BTW, I was NOT in the movie. Springfield is across the state from me (about and hour and a half drive from here). Carlos' daughter used to live there and I'm sure she knows some people who are in it.

Cat
No, but we all saw the trailer to the film the other at the cinema

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/07 at 11:57 am

No, but we all saw the trailer to the film the other at the cinema

These aren't trailers. These are Simpsons mini-movies (about 5 minutes each) created by ordinary people-like I said, the one for VT was created by a 17 year old.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/07 at 11:59 am

These aren't trailers. These are Simpsons mini-movies (about 5 minutes each) created by ordinary people-like I said, the one for VT was created by a 17 year old.

Cat
Next time, btw, you cannot vote twice so easily as previous

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/07 at 12:01 pm

Next time, btw, you cannot vote twice so easily as previous

You can't watch the videos AFTER you vote?

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/07 at 12:01 pm

You can't watch the videos AFTER you vote?

Cat
Oh!

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 07/03/07 at 12:06 pm

I threw a vote in your direction. :)

Written By: spaceace on 07/03/07 at 12:09 pm

Huh, what video?  I voted because it's Vermont.  Lisa Simpson would do a lot better in Vermont, it's very progressive.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/07 at 12:11 pm

Oh!

That should be D'oh!  ;) :D ;D ;D

I threw a vote in your direction. :)

Thanks.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/07 at 12:14 pm

That should be D'oh!  ;) :D ;D ;D

Thanks.

Cat
;D http://mazeguy.net/cartoon/homersimpson.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/07 at 12:16 pm

Huh, what video?  I voted because it's Vermont.  Lisa Simpson would do a lot better in Vermont, it's very progressive.

On the top of the page there is a map of the U.S. For each of the Springfields that are participating, there is a video camera. If you click on the video camera, you should see the film created by that Springfield.

Cat

Written By: spaceace on 07/03/07 at 12:19 pm

On the top of the page there is a map of the U.S. For each of the Springfields that are participating, there is a video camera. If you click on the video camera, you should see the film created by that Springfield.

Cat

I know, but I didn't need to see the video.  It's Vermont.  I've been there, I just haven't been to Springfield.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 07/03/07 at 12:20 pm

I voted as well :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/07 at 12:25 pm

I voted as well :)

Thanks. It looks like I won't be able to see the video.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  Damn dial-up!  >:(

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 07/03/07 at 8:15 pm

SPRINGFIELD; ILL-E-NOIZE RULES!!!!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/07 at 11:57 pm

Screw Springfield, I'm voting for Shelbyville.

Written By: gemini on 07/08/07 at 3:37 pm

We have one for Ohio too, but our Springfield movie sucks!  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/07 at 5:35 am

Winning Simpsons town to be named on the BBC News Online

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 10:30 am

The winner will be announced at 2 p.m. Eastern today.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/07 at 11:03 am

The winner will be announced at 2 p.m. Eastern today.

Cat
What time should that be over here in the UK?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 11:08 am

What time should that be over here in the UK?

I believe 7 p.m. (less than 2 hours from now). It is now 12:07 P.M. Eastern now.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/07 at 11:09 am

I believe 7 p.m. (less than 2 hours from now). It is now 12:07 P.M. Eastern now.

Cat
Good luck, but bear in mind that I could only vote once.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 11:22 am

Good luck, but bear in mind that I could only vote once.

I know-same here. 1 computer, 1 vote. There was an article in our local paper about a woman from Springfield who went to the Springfield's high school to the computer lab and cast votes on all the computers there.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/07 at 11:25 am

I know-same here. 1 computer, 1 vote. There was an article in our local paper about a woman from Springfield who went to the Springfield's high school to the computer lab and cast votes on all the computers there.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat
I would have done the same if was in an Internet Cafe, shut down on on then re-start on another.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 1:19 pm

VERMONT WON!!!! VERMONT WON!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That kind of surprises me. We were the underdog-in fact, at first, Vermont wasn't even invited into the contest and the state petitioned to be included.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/07 at 1:20 pm

VERMONT WON!!!! VERMONT WON!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That kind of surprises me. We were the underdog-in fact, at first, Vermont wasn't even invited into the contest and the state petitioned to be included.

Cat
Well done, all that hard work paid off!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 1:32 pm

Well done, all that hard work paid off!

I just sent off a congratulatory email to the Springfield Chamber of Commerce.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/07 at 1:32 pm

I just sent off a congratulatory email to the Springfield Chamber of Commerce.

Cat
Are you buying tickets to go to the premier?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 1:42 pm

Are you buying tickets to go to the premier?

Probably not for a few reasons. 1. Springfield is about an hour and half drive from here (a long way to go for a movie). 2. I'm sure it will be almost impossible to get tickets. 3. (and probably the biggest reason), Carlos doesn't care too much for the Simpsons.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/07 at 1:45 pm

Probably not for a few reasons. 1. Springfield is about an hour and half drive from here (a long way to go for a movie). 2. I'm sure it will be almost impossible to get tickets. 3. (and probably the biggest reason), Carlos doesn't care too much for the Simpsons.

Cat
Well spoken there, may be a local radio station will have a competition with a prize of cinema tickets.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 1:48 pm

Well spoken there, may be a local radio station will have a competition with a prize of cinema tickets.

Could be. Of course it was announced not even an hour ago and I'm sure tickets are probably sold out already.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/07 at 1:49 pm

Could be. Of course it was announced not even an hour ago and I'm sure tickets are probably sold out already.

Cat
We saw the trailer to the Simpson Movie the other day and shall I speak my mind about the film?

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/10/07 at 2:29 pm

We saw the trailer to the Simpson Movie the other day and shall I speak my mind about the film?

only if it's good  ;D

There was a 10 minute screening recently, and from what I gathered, it did not disappoint.

http://www.screenjabber.com/simpsonspreview

At this point, it would have to get Ishtar-ish reviews to keep me away.

Congrats to Vermont for stealing Massachusetts premiere away... we should have never let you break off from us...  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 2:33 pm

only if it's good  ;D

There was a 10 minute screening recently, and from what I gathered, it did not disappoint.

http://www.screenjabber.com/simpsonspreview

At this point, it would have to get Ishtar-ish reviews to keep me away.

Congrats to Vermont for stealing Massachusetts premiere away... we should have never let you break off from us...  :D

Thanks, Chucky but I hate to tell you this, it was NH & NY that we broke away from.  ;) ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/10/07 at 2:39 pm

Thanks, Chucky but I hate to tell you this, it was NH & NY that we broke away from.  ;) ;D ;D

Cat

according to Wikipedia, Massachusetts claimed it as well as New York and New Hampshire.  We lost our claims first though, curse you George II!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 2:44 pm

according to Wikipedia, Massachusetts claimed it as well as New York and New Hampshire.  We lost our claims first though, curse you George II!

;D ;D ;D

I have lived in many different states (including Mass) and I have to say that Vermont is definitely the BEST state to live in.

Cat

Subject: Re: Vermont Is The Winner In The Simpson's Movie Premire

Written By: spaceace on 07/10/07 at 6:06 pm

Congrats to the good citizen of Vermont.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/yelclap.gif

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/10/07 at 7:20 pm

;D ;D ;D

I have lived in many different states (including Mass) and I have to say that Vermont is definitely the BEST state to live in.

Cat

I used to work with a married couple who moved up there so the husband could pursue a law degree.  They built a house up there and loved living there. Ultimately though, they have decided to move back to Massachusetts due to a lack of jobs. Me?  I've only driven over the state line a couple times.  Susan goes up and does the touristy thing with her parents every fall.

Written By: whistledog on 07/10/07 at 7:27 pm

Vermont, home of 'Newhart', the greatest sitcom ever made.  Vermont gets a BIG Thumbs Up from me! O0

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/10/07 at 8:38 pm

Vermont, home of 'Newhart', the greatest sitcom ever made.  Vermont gets a BIG Thumbs Up from me! O0

I'm going to have to go with my home state for this one and say Cheers was the greatest sitcom ever made.

I watched the Vermont entry, and it was definitely better than the Massachusetts one.  Way more original.  The Mass. one lost my interest pretty quickly.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/07 at 12:47 pm

That inn does exist-it is called the Wayberry Inn in Middlebury-been by it a few times (don't go up to Middlebury too often).

I'm going to have to go with my home state for this one and say Cheers was the greatest sitcom ever made.

I watched the Vermont entry, and it was definitely better than the Massachusetts one.  Way more original.  The Mass. one lost my interest pretty quickly.

I have been to Cheers in Boston (got my tee shirt from there, too.  ;) ). A friend of mine had her reception next door to Cheers.

To tell you the truth, the only movie I watched was the Vermont because of my *&^%$ dial-up. (BTW, when I said that I lived in Mass, I forgot to mention it was West Springfield-also lived in Chicopee so I should check out Mass' movie. I'm sure I will recognize some places in the movie.)

Cat

Written By: gemini on 07/11/07 at 4:03 pm

Congrats to Springfield Vermont! I didn't think our Springfield would win, since the video they made wasn't very good.  :P

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/12/07 at 12:53 pm

Congrats to Springfield Vermont! I didn't think our Springfield would win, since the video they made wasn't very good.  :P

I figured the video wouldn't even matter, and it would end up going to the state with the most Simpsons fans.

Springield VT isn't far for me to drive, couple hours at most.  I'd go there for the sake of saying I saw it in the "official" Springfield, but I'm willing to bet the 100 seat capacity theater will be filled for many months with others thinking the same thing.  I don't even think the city I live near has a theater that small anymore.

I'm still amazed they got Kennedy for the Mass. video since he's clearly who's being poked fun at with Quimby. I'm sure after so many decades in the Senate he's got a thick skin and a sense of humor.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/07 at 2:40 pm

I figured the video wouldn't even matter, and it would end up going to the state with the most Simpsons fans.

Springield VT isn't far for me to drive, couple hours at most.  I'd go there for the sake of saying I saw it in the "official" Springfield, but I'm willing to bet the 100 seat capacity theater will be filled for many months with others thinking the same thing.  I don't even think the city I live near has a theater that small anymore.

I'm still amazed they got Kennedy for the Mass. video since he's clearly who's being poked fun at with Quimby. I'm sure after so many decades in the Senate he's got a thick skin and a sense of humor.

There was an article in this morning's paper.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070712/NEWS04/707120375/1003/NEWS02

So, I guess there will be a lottery if you want to enter. Like I said in a previous post, I'm not even going to bother to try.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/12/07 at 9:02 pm

There was an article in this morning's paper.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070712/NEWS04/707120375/1003/NEWS02

So, I guess there will be a lottery if you want to enter. Like I said in a previous post, I'm not even going to bother to try.

Cat

I'd rather let a local have a better chance by my not entering to be honest.  It sounds like the town has had some rough times, so it's cool to see them win it and get something notable to talk about for a few years.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/07 at 10:18 am

It wasn't a local radio station (though they MAY have-hardly listen to the radio anymore) but a local car dealership has a contest. It was advertised in today's newspaper.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/16/07 at 11:02 am

They have had articles almost everyday in my newspaper about it. What I find interesting is that they are NOT charging for any tickets-ALL tickets are FREE. Since it is a small theatre, they will have 4 showings (they just added a new showing). The first one is not open to the public but the other three are. Springfield residents get priority for tickets. A few radio stations are holding contests as well as the newspaper. (I was wrong in my last post-it wasn't the car dealership but the paper that has the contest). So, if anyone who lives close by (like Chucky & Max), if you are interested in getting tickets, it is possible.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070716/NEWS02/707160364/1003/NEWS02

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/16/07 at 9:40 pm

They have had articles almost everyday in my newspaper about it. What I find interesting is that they are NOT charging for any tickets-ALL tickets are FREE. Since it is a small theatre, they will have 4 showings (they just added a new showing). The first one is not open to the public but the other three are. Springfield residents get priority for tickets. A few radio stations are holding contests as well as the newspaper. (I was wrong in my last post-it wasn't the car dealership but the paper that has the contest). So, if anyone who lives close by (like Chucky & Max), if you are interested in getting tickets, it is possible.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070716/NEWS02/707160364/1003/NEWS02

Cat

certainly tempting, but Neal has entered his terrible twos a few weeks early, and Susan and I are having a hard time getting adjusted to his new found NRG. A day trip seems out of the question right now.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/16/07 at 9:43 pm

Yeah for Vermont!

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/20/07 at 7:45 am

http://timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070719/NEWS02/707190369/1003/NEWS02

Ben & Jerry's to unveil a special Simpsons flavor for the event too... since it's in their home state, I'd expect no less.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/20/07 at 10:23 am

http://timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070719/NEWS02/707190369/1003/NEWS02

Ben & Jerry's to unveil a special Simpsons flavor for the event too... since it's in their home state, I'd expect no less.

I read about that. It sounds...um...interesting.  :P

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...