inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Contact lenses

Written By: audkal on 07/08/07 at 12:05 pm

For all you contact lense wearers out there.  What brand of contacts do you use?  Are you satisfied with them?  Have you tried different brands?

The only ones I've ever tried were Acuvue Oaysis.  They seem to be alright, but then I don't have any other brands to compare them to.  Though I've been hearing that a lot of people don't really like Oaysis.  Please tell me your experiences.

Subject: Re: Contact lenses

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/08/07 at 3:48 pm

I use Ultraflex. They seem to work for me.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/08/07 at 5:27 pm

I've thought about getting them as opposed to glasses. Are they easier/better for the most part? I'm a teeny bit nearsighted and don't have the best peripheral vison on my left side, although it's not that noticeable most of the time. I just have to read a little bit closer up, lol.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/08/07 at 5:31 pm

I have tried a couple of different ones, it never fails that after about 3 hours I'm ready to rip them out.  I haven't been able to find a pair that are truly comfortable. Right now I have CooperVision Pro Clear and they are ok, I have two different eyeball sizes and have to order accordingly, then mark them so I don't mix them up or it floats around my eyeball.  I only tend to use them if I go out on special occasions and want to look glam.

Written By: audkal on 07/08/07 at 8:55 pm

Thanks for the replies. :)  I'll probably be going to the optometrist next month to look into a different brand (at least a trial pair).

I've thought about getting them as opposed to glasses. Are they easier/better for the most part? I'm a teeny bit nearsighted and don't have the best peripheral vison on my left side, although it's not that noticeable most of the time. I just have to read a little bit closer up, lol.

It depends I guess.  Glasses are just slightly clearer than contacts.  But with contacts, you have full peripheral vision.  Contacts are really convenient though for going to such places as the beach (because if you were wearing glasses, you might splash water on the lenses--which could be annoying).  Contacts are also better when it's raining or in certain weather when your glasses might "fog up".  Are you already wearing glasses?

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/08/07 at 9:30 pm

^ Cool, that makes sense. :) Yeah I have glasses, but I don't commonly use them (it would probably be less irritating-feeling to have contacts. I might look into it at some point).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/08/07 at 10:31 pm

I honestly don't think that I could stand having them in my eyes...plus...my glasses are pretty rad. ;) :D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/08/07 at 10:44 pm

That don't sound too comfortable, and how do you put 'em in?

Written By: karen on 07/09/07 at 4:13 am

I used to wear rigid gas permeable lenses and after a couple of months getting used to them they were fine.  Then I stopped wearing lenses for a while, when my daughter was born. 

About 18 months ago I started wearing monthly disposal lenses.  I think they are the Pro Clear range.  I've found them to be really good.  I've just had an eye test and I'm deciding what I should do for the next few months.  Apparently my prescription has changed slightly so I might order some new glasses just in case.

That don't sound too comfortable, and how do you put 'em in?

Soft lenses are really comfortable.  Sometimes I forget I have them in!

to put them in your right eye balance the lens on the tip of your right index finger.  Use you left hand to lift up your right eye lid and the other fingers on your right hand to pull down your lower lid.  Then put the lens onto your eye ball.  Hold it there for a moment till it sticks, move your fingers out of the way and slowly close your eye.  That's it!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/07 at 5:32 am

I have always worn glasses for I have never liked the idea of poking your fingers around your eyes.

Written By: Southern Image on 07/09/07 at 10:02 am

I tried contacts for just changing my eye color. I had two different sets, one in blue, and one in green. I think they were Acuvue and they bugged the crap out of me. Everyone thought I was stoned and my eyes would be irrated after just an hour of wear. That was back in the 90's. I haven't tried  them since.....BUT, if I were told I had to wear them, I would ask for trial pairs of different brands to see what felt most comfortable.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/09/07 at 12:24 pm

I have only been using contacts for 18 months now. Just in my right eye.

Mostly I use Frequency 55 - but while I was in Bangkok last month I priced other brands and found a brand called Duna. Tried them during my stay there and liked them so I bought 12 months worth (for about $18 total !!!!!!!!!).

Written By: audkal on 07/09/07 at 10:52 pm

Thanks for your posts!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...