inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are You A Hugger?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 10:46 am

Just curious. For me, I am a hugger and hug almost everyone I know. (A few exceptions.)

Cat

Subject: Re: Are You A Hugger?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/07 at 11:04 am

I hug went it suits the occasion.

Written By: La Roche on 07/10/07 at 11:24 am

No, I hate to.

Really dislike it, so uncomfortable, I actively avoid close contact with most people unless I'm nailing them basically.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 11:38 am

No, I hate to.

Really dislike it, so uncomfortable, I actively avoid close contact with most people unless I'm nailing them basically.

Somehow I had a feeling you were like that.

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 07/10/07 at 11:47 am

Somehow I had a feeling you were like that.

Cat

;D

I'm really a very insecure person, I just hide behind a wall of hatred that way I'm never faced with difficult decisions such as "What should I do next."

Seriously.

But yeah, I really don't like people touching me unless I start it.. and that's rare.

Written By: SemperYoda on 07/10/07 at 12:10 pm

I have no problem with hugging people.  I guess it depends on who they are.  If I know them well, I will hug them.  If not, its usually just shaking hands or nothing at all. 

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/10/07 at 12:14 pm

I like  hugs, but I only hug when others hug me first, because I'm socially naive and don't know when it's appropriate to hug or not.

Written By: gemini on 07/10/07 at 12:20 pm

I guess I'm a hugger. I always hug the girls whenever I get the chance and same with hubby. My parents, brother and sister and other family members whenever I see them, same with my friends usually a hello hug and a goodbye hug, because we don't see each other as much as we'd like to.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 12:26 pm

I guess I'm a hugger. I always hug the girls whenever I get the chance and same with hubby. My parents, brother and sister and other family members whenever I see them, same with my friends usually a hello hug and a goodbye hug, because we don't see each other as much as we'd like to.

Like me, I always give a hello hug & good-bye hug-sometimes more good-bye hugs because in my family, when we are ready to leave, we start talking and at least 15 minutes later, we are still talking, so another good-bye hug.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: gemini on 07/10/07 at 12:35 pm

Like me, I always give a hello hug & good-bye hug-sometimes more good-bye hugs because in my family, when we are ready to leave, we start talking and at least 15 minutes later, we are still talking, so another good-bye hug.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Yea, same with ours. We say goodbye, then start walking out, then we're in the front yard, start talking again, then goodbye again. Tony just says, let me know when you're ready because he knows the routine.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/07 at 12:43 pm

Yea, same with ours. We say goodbye, then start walking out, then we're in the front yard, start talking again, then goodbye again. Tony just says, let me know when you're ready because he knows the routine.  ;D

Carlos knows the routine, too but he is usually doing a lot of the talking.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/10/07 at 12:57 pm

I'm a hugger.  Family, friends, people I haven't seen in a long time but especially my kids...I love hugging them.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/10/07 at 1:46 pm

I'm a hugger, and I usually hug most of the people I know.  :)

Written By: Gis on 07/10/07 at 3:15 pm

Hmm, I'm a lot better than I was but I'm still not a particularly tactile person, so I do hug but only if I know the person well or the situation calls for it .I can't bear people touching me when I'm upset. I come from that stiff upper lip type of British stock.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 07/10/07 at 3:36 pm

Hmm, I'm a lot better than I was but I'm still not a particularly tactile person, so I do hug but only if I know the person well or the situation calls for it .I can't bear people touching me when I'm upset. I come from that stiff upper lip type of British stock.  ;D

Right, it's just.. a bit annoying, when you want to be left alone, having people grabbing you.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/07 at 3:59 pm

I'm pretty much a hugger,it's the people I know who I'd give one to.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/10/07 at 5:38 pm

I like to hug, but usually I am not the instigator unless it's with those whom I'm closest with.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/10/07 at 5:43 pm

My answer will most likely annoy some (such as Davey), but here goes:

I am one of those people who need at least 3 hugs a day.
If that quota isn't met on a daily basis, I feel like I'm missing something.
I've been that way as long as I can remember.

My family showed affection, and so for me, to meet someone who hates the showing of affection preents a quandary, because I tend to think there's something wrong.

Written By: KKay on 07/10/07 at 5:45 pm

I hug and kiss everyone.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/10/07 at 5:47 pm

I hug and kiss everyone.

Wait a minute...you haven't hugged and kissed me.

*feeling pettishly jealous*

Written By: KKay on 07/10/07 at 5:48 pm

Wait a minute...you haven't hugged and kissed me.

*feeling pettishly jealous*

come on down!  i'm home.

i really do greet everyone that way.  my good friends get their head hugged or wet schmooches all over their faces.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/10/07 at 5:49 pm

come on down!  i'm home.

You're a bit far from me, I think, aren'tcha?

Written By: spaceace on 07/10/07 at 6:00 pm

I don't hug.  Well there are three exceptions.

Written By: YWN on 07/10/07 at 6:01 pm

I suppose I am out of necessity, considering the type of people I hang out with--but even then just a passive hugger.  If someone else initiates the hug, I will always oblige, but when it comes to starting the hug myself, it
depends on who it is.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/10/07 at 8:11 pm

I hug but I hate feeling like I have to hug someone just because we've hugged before. certain friends and family members are special to me and I'll always give them a hug all the time. Had a close older friend that always wanted to include a kiss on the lips with the hug, & she's considerably older  ;D  yikes!!!!

Written By: La Roche on 07/10/07 at 11:18 pm

come on down!  i'm home.

i really do greet everyone that way.  my good friends get their head hugged or wet schmooches all over their faces.

It's true.. and I make it so uncomfortable don't I!

Just sort of stand there and look furtive.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/11/07 at 12:01 am

I hug my family members....but I generally hate hugging or getting close to anyone else. I have this thing about needing my space...and sometimes I don't like it invaded. I never used to be like that before though...I'm getting strange in my old age. :-\\

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/11/07 at 12:20 am

I hug my family members....but I generally hate hugging or getting close to anyone else. I have this thing about needing my space...and sometimes I don't like it invaded. I never used to be like that before though...I'm getting strange in my old age. :-\\

It is because you're stressed.

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/11/07 at 12:22 am

I only hug family and my closest friends.

Written By: Gis on 07/11/07 at 1:18 am

Right, it's just.. a bit annoying, when you want to be left alone, having people grabbing you.
I know and my Mum is a real hugger, she always plays with you hair as well which I HATE!!! Himself does it now to annoy me and it certainly works.  >:(  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 07/11/07 at 2:24 am

I hug a lot, though it's different depending on the gender and familiarity with the person. With men, *if* it's a hug, it's a handshake with left arms around each other, which, from what I know, is more a 'gangsta' hug/handshake - the original point of that was to search the other person for weapons! No more though...

With women, it's also based on familiarity, though it's a real hug (both arms around each other) if I know them well, and they me.

Hugs, to me anyway, are a gesture of close friendship: nothing more, nothing less.

Ant

Written By: Howard on 07/11/07 at 6:46 am

I don't hug.  Well there are three exceptions.

What are the 3 exceptions? ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/11/07 at 9:02 am

It is because you're stressed.

I dunno. ???

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/11/07 at 9:19 am

I don't usually initiate them (unless I'm either really comfortable with the person, or it's an appropriate situation), but I certainly don't mind them. I'm not quite a Danny Tanner, though. ;D

Written By: Apricot on 07/11/07 at 10:53 am

I'll hug someone if they ask for it (but not always, it's different if I dislike them) or just start it, and I'll initiate if I'm close to them. Sometimes, when people seem like they need it, I'll do it in that situation too.

Written By: La Roche on 07/11/07 at 11:58 am

I know and my Mum is a real hugger, she always plays with you hair as well which I HATE!!! Himself does it now to annoy me and it certainly works.  >:(  ;D

Ugh, I hate when people do that. Admittedly, I always look scruffy anyway, but I bet it would really annoy you.. as I'm sure you actually care about your appearance more than me.  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/11/07 at 1:12 pm

I'm quite the opposite, as I love having my hair touched or played with!  :D

Written By: Gis on 07/11/07 at 3:09 pm

Ugh, I hate when people do that. Admittedly, I always look scruffy anyway, but I bet it would really annoy you.. as I'm sure you actually care about your appearance more than me.  ;D

Funnily enough though I do like to look nice I have naturally untidy hair so I tend to give up on trying to style it.  ;D

I just hate the feeling of someone playing with my hair.  :P

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/11/07 at 4:05 pm

I'm quite the opposite, as I love having my hair touched or played with!  :D

Me too, unless I just styled it.  ;)

But, I could sit for hours and let my daughter brush my hair. 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/11/07 at 4:08 pm

Ditto!  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/07 at 4:13 pm

I don't mind the brushing but I LOVE to have my hair washed. Every time I go in to have my hair done, when she is done with the washing, I will say, "You missed a spot. You need to do it over."  Too bad she doesn't take me serious. Of course that is a good thing because almost every time I tell her to cut it all off because I want the Sinead O' Conner look.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/11/07 at 4:17 pm

I don't mind the brushing but I LOVE to have my hair washed. Every time I go in to have my hair done, when she is done with the washing, I will say, "You missed a spot. You need to do it over."  Too bad she doesn't take me serious. Of course that is a good thing because almost every time I tell her to cut it all off because I want the Sinead O' Conner look.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Ooooh, I adore having my hair washed.  I could sit there all day, something about the warm water and the massaging fingers, it's Heaven.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/11/07 at 4:17 pm

Cat

LOL!  ;D ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/07 at 4:28 pm

Ooooh, I adore having my hair washed.  I could sit there all day, something about the warm water and the massaging fingers, it's Heaven.

Carlos has offered to wash my hair for me a few times but somehow he always forgets that I mean the hair on the TOP OF HEAD.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/11/07 at 4:30 pm

I rarely hug guys but I hug more women (i.e.Robin,Mother,Aunts,Grandmother).

Written By: nally on 07/11/07 at 7:45 pm

Oh yeah... I like to give hugs. Especially to young ladies/girls. (As most of you probably know.) :) ;D I do it because I think it's a nice thing to do.

Written By: La Roche on 07/11/07 at 8:37 pm

Funnily enough though I do like to look nice I have naturally untidy hair so I tend to give up on trying to style it.  ;D

I just hate the feeling of someone playing with my hair.  :P

Yeah, it's so condescending.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/11/07 at 10:23 pm

oh gosh yes....I love that too..it's better than sex! ;D :D :D ;)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/11/07 at 10:29 pm

Only if it's done right ;)  I once went to a cheap haircut place and I swear, the lady thought she was scrubbing veggies or something because my scalp HURT when she was done :-\\

I'll hug family and close friends, but that's about it.  I'm sure if I met some of y'all, I'd give ya a hug because I feel like I "know" you, but I get kinda' creeped out when someone I haven't seen in a few years or more (that I wasn't really that close to to begin with) gives me a great big hug :(

Written By: Howard on 07/12/07 at 6:47 am

everything's better than sex.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/12/07 at 10:28 am

everything's better than sex.

... Just when I thought you couldn't surprise me anymore...

Written By: Tam on 07/12/07 at 11:12 am

I am definitely a hugger.
Although I do know when to and when not too.
Some people just don't like to be hugged and they give off that feeling - so I know not too.

With some people I am a kisser too.
Like, instead of hugs, you kiss cheeks etc.... might be a southern thing though ;)

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/12/07 at 11:34 am

I know what you mean.  ;D ;D

Written By: thereshegoes on 07/12/07 at 5:40 pm

I'm a hugger and a kisser,i always kiss everyone i meet. One thing that shocked me,when i first went to the US, s how people would not accept kisses on the cheek,they would just shake hands,at first i thought they didn't liked me,then i realised americans are really not into close contact,that's the really reason why i didn't last long overthere :P

Written By: whistledog on 07/12/07 at 5:54 pm

I'm a hugger and a kisser,i always kiss everyone i meet. One thing that shocked me,when i first went to the US, s how people would not accept kisses on the cheek,they would just shake hands,at first i thought they didn't liked me,then i realised americans are really not into close contact,that's the really reason why i didn't last long overthere :P

You should have come to Canada.  Canadians love getting kisses, or well atleast I know I like getting them 8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/07 at 6:14 pm

The first time I went to Puerto Rico, I don't think I have ever been kissed by so many strangers in my life. They were all Carlos' extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins-and I'm talking at least 100 if not more-NO EXAGGERATION!! His mother was 1 of 8 kids). At first I was a bit taken back by it (for about 10 minutes) but then I just pretended that I knew these people and they were family (even though Carlos & I weren't married at the time). Now, when we go down, I expect it.

Cat

Written By: Paul on 07/12/07 at 6:23 pm

I'm not really a 'social' type of person, so hugging doesn't come naturally to me...

(But I've had my moments...)

Written By: KKay on 07/12/07 at 6:38 pm

i'm a big hugger.....but i refuse to go get a massage.

Written By: La Roche on 07/12/07 at 7:00 pm

It's not just in the U.S.

Try all that hugging and kissing s**t were I'm from, somebody would pop you.. seriously, it'/s all invasion of privacy. To be honest, back down souf, you'd be lucky if someone would shake your hand.,

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/12/07 at 7:07 pm

i'm a big hugger.....but i refuse to go get a massage.

I'd go for a massage every day if I could.

Back in H.S. we'd always hug and kiss our friends when we were saying "Hi" or "Goodbye".  Now, the only people I kiss are family and a few close friends. 

Written By: Howard on 07/12/07 at 7:21 pm

... Just when I thought you couldn't surprise me anymore...

(((HUG)))  ;D

Written By: nally on 07/15/07 at 2:47 pm

i'm a big hugger.....

I tend to be one too :D

Mostly cuz' I enjoy giving hugs.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/07 at 7:17 pm

I love to hug.

Written By: nally on 07/18/07 at 2:24 pm

^ Me too. Especially with both arms. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/18/07 at 3:37 pm

Gort! Klaatu barada hugger!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/18/07 at 5:59 pm

I don't shun them, but I don't initiate them.  I'm not really a touchy-feely kinda guy.

I am not at all comfortable hugging certain members of my family because they're so angry and passive-aggressive. It's like,
"Look, you've made snide remarks and jeered at me all evening...now you want to demonstrate affection?  Go Cheney yourself!"
:P

No, I hate to.

I kind know what you mean, but I don't call it "nailing."  I'm a bit more romantic than you...but then again, so is Larry Flynt!
;)

Written By: Howard on 07/18/07 at 7:17 pm

I hug when the time and occassion are right.

Written By: nally on 07/18/07 at 9:03 pm

I hug when the time and occassion are right.

yeah...it's best to do when the situation is appropriate.

Written By: La Roche on 07/18/07 at 9:22 pm

I kind know what you mean, but I don't call it "nailing."  I'm a bit more romantic than you...but then again, so is Larry Flynt!
;)

Hugging is just so un-brutal.

Written By: YWN on 07/18/07 at 9:27 pm

Hugging is just so un-brutal.

...What if it was like a boa constrictor squeeze of death?

Written By: OuterSpace on 07/18/07 at 10:04 pm

It almost seems like hugs channel positive energy, ya I'm kind of a hippie in some ways.

Written By: La Roche on 07/18/07 at 11:21 pm

...What if it was like a boa constrictor squeeze of death?

That would be reasonably brutal, I suppose I could accept that. Other sorts of brutally acceptable hugs would be hugs with hands, forearms or instruments around the throat and possibly hugs where the level of hand to ass or breast contact is significantly higher than normal.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/18/07 at 11:32 pm

hugged 2 of the hottest chicks at work just yesterday. I didn't initiate  ;D  I just went along
2 long time very good friends that I hadn't seen in awhile so of course we gotta hug.  Am I right or am I right? 

Written By: La Roche on 07/18/07 at 11:33 pm

hugged 2 of the hottest chicks at work just yesterday. I didn't initiate  ;D  I just went along
2 long time very good friends that I hadn't seen in awhile so of course we gotta hug.  Am I right or am I right? 

Do you not have rope and masking tape near your desk for those situations?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/18/07 at 11:36 pm

Do you not have rope and masking tape near your desk for those situations?
the first one was in the company general store. the place is so big we have a friggin store.  the other in the parking lot as we were leaving work, going to our cars. Maybe the one in the store could be taped or tied, but the 2nd is such a good friend  :-\\

Written By: La Roche on 07/18/07 at 11:37 pm

the first one was in the company general store. the place is so big we have a friggin store.  the other in the parking lot as we were leaving work, going to our cars. Maybe the one in the store could be taped or tied, but the 2nd is such a good friend  :-\\

Yeah, but the parking lot, such a great location.

I could sell you a blackjack for a good price.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/18/07 at 11:43 pm

Yeah, but the parking lot, such a great location.

I could sell you a blackjack for a good price.  ;D
a blackjack  ;D err, thanks but no thanks. keep the blackjack and anyways, I prefer chloroform. we're going to lunch tomorrow. She's a friend of Diane's too, but more my good work buddy, probably my best & closest female friend in the real world.

Written By: La Roche on 07/18/07 at 11:44 pm

a blackjack  ;D err, thanks but no thanks. keep the blackjack and anyways, I prefer chloroform. we're going to lunch tomorrow. She's a friend of Diane's too, but more my good work buddy, probably my best & closest female friend in the real world.

Fair enough.

But let it go down on the record that I had such a good idea.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/18/07 at 11:47 pm

Fair enough.

But let it go down on the record that I had such a good idea.
let it be said, you've always been there for your mates

Written By: Howard on 07/19/07 at 6:26 am

No kissing? ;)

Written By: nally on 07/19/07 at 8:51 pm

No kissing? ;)

He didn't say anything about it, so I'm gonna assume he didn't.

I don't often do that either. I just like to give hugs.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/19/07 at 10:25 pm

Hugger

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/19/07 at 10:36 pm

He didn't say anything about it, so I'm gonna assume he didn't.

I don't often do that either. I just like to give hugs.

I myself am not much of a kissing fan, either.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/20/07 at 4:12 am

No kissing? ;)
no kissing Howard  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/kissa.gif , just hugging  http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5x7be6BG4QMB1RijzbkF/SIG=11m85cil5/EXP=1185008987/**http%3A//home.nc.rr.com/ered/hug.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 07/20/07 at 5:41 am

I am not a hugger, but of course being from New England that pretty much goes without saying.  I tend to be taken aback at so much as a hand shake.  What is with you huggers that you just can't keep your hands to yourself?  I hate weddings because some one initiated that whole hug the person next to you crap, jeez, who thought that one up?  The most I can take in public, without skeeving, is the arm in arm thing.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/20/07 at 8:07 am

"I only hug those closest to me."

It's harder when you're a guy.  You run the risk between being labelled a pervert by women or a Homer-sexual by guys  :o

Written By: mandamoo on 07/20/07 at 8:33 am

I only hug those closest to me. I'm not a very demonstrative person  :-\\

Written By: La Roche on 07/20/07 at 10:21 am

I am not a hugger, but of course being from New England that pretty much goes without saying.  I tend to be taken aback at so much as a hand shake.  What is with you huggers that you just can't keep your hands to yourself?  I hate weddings because some one initiated that whole hug the person next to you crap, jeez, who thought that one up?  The most I can take in public, without skeeving, is the arm in arm thing.

YES!

YES!! Thank you!

That's exactly it, it's uncomfortable, it's an invasion of privacy, it's bloody annoying!

When I go to a wedding I just shake everyone's hand... actually, that's a lie, quite often I'll just nod.

Written By: Howard on 07/20/07 at 2:13 pm

http://l.yimg.com/www.flickr.com/images/spaceball.gif

Barney sure loves to hug. ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 07/22/07 at 12:53 am

I'm kinda quirky about hugs...  I guess it just depends on who is hugging me, why they are hugging me and what kind of mood I'm in.

If I run into a good friend that I haven't seen in months, then I don't mind.  If it's someone I'm in any way attracted to, I don't mind.  If it's a child, I don't mind.

I can't stand when people kiss me on the cheek, or when they give me a bear hug from behind...I usually start wriggling and pushing my elbows back into them to get them off of me without embarrassing them...

But the funny thing is, I hug my dogs and kiss them on the head all the time...

Written By: La Roche on 07/22/07 at 1:02 pm

But the funny thing is, I hug my dogs and kiss them on the head all the time...

Well that's fine, I can't stand when people do it though.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/07 at 4:45 pm

Sometimes I love more than hugging.

Written By: nally on 07/23/07 at 2:44 pm

Sometimes I love more than hugging.

More than hugging? ???

Written By: Howard on 07/23/07 at 3:52 pm

More than hugging? ???

kissing,Jeff. ;)

Written By: nally on 07/23/07 at 3:58 pm

kissing,Jeff. ;)

Oh, right. I seem to recall you discussing that in some of your previous posts. I'm not much of a kisser. I've only kissed a girl or two on the cheek, but nada mas.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/07 at 4:41 pm

Oh, right. I seem to recall you discussing that in some of your previous posts. I'm not much of a kisser. I've only kissed a girl or two on the cheek, but nada mas.

I go all the way when I'm with my special someone. ;)

Written By: La Roche on 07/23/07 at 5:26 pm

I go all the way when I'm with my special someone. ;)

No you don't.. or haven't should I say.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/07 at 7:26 am

No you don't.. or haven't should I say.

Yeah,you're right I haven't. :(

Written By: danootaandme on 07/24/07 at 9:02 am

I find it overrated. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/07 at 9:48 am

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00190/shy-385_190749a.jpg

This picture is in today's The Times in an article on shyness.

Written By: nally on 07/24/07 at 3:16 pm

I find it overrated. 

What, kissing? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/07 at 3:40 pm

Shouldn't you post that in the "Are You A Tree Hugger" thread?  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/07 at 3:42 pm

^ That was what I meant to do.

Written By: nally on 07/24/07 at 3:48 pm

I didn't know we had a Tree Hugger thread.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/07 at 3:52 pm

I didn't know we had a Tree Hugger thread.
Have I lost my marbles, I then thought we had one.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/07 at 3:58 pm

Have I lost my marbles, I then thought we had one.

Hmmmm. It seemed to have disappeared.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/07 at 4:03 pm

Hmmmm. It seemed to have disappeared.

Cat
There was one, wasn't there?

I have checked Search and nothing shows.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/07 at 4:06 pm

Found it

Are You A Tree Hugger?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/07 at 4:19 pm

Found it

Are You A Tree Hugger?

Yay! And karma to you.  The search on here really sucks.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/07 at 4:22 pm

Yay! And karma to you.  The search on here really sucks.

Cat
I searched on both inthe00s and Google... I don't know? Eventually finding it by hard graft

Written By: Howard on 07/24/07 at 4:23 pm

What if you found the tree attractive? ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 07/24/07 at 7:10 pm

What, kissing? ???

Swapping spit, yeah.  There are so many more wonderful things to do with a tongue  ::)

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 07/24/07 at 7:49 pm

I'm more of a hugger than not.

Written By: nally on 07/24/07 at 8:36 pm

Swapping spit, yeah.  There are so many more wonderful things to do with a tongue   ::)

I hear ya. Something I definitely don't like to do.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/24/07 at 9:02 pm

I hear ya. Something I definitely don't like to do.

:P Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Written By: nally on 07/24/07 at 9:35 pm

:P Don't knock it 'til you try it.

I have no desire to try it. The thought of "swapping spit" doesn't appeal to me.

Written By: whistledog on 07/24/07 at 9:39 pm

What if you found the tree attractive? ;D

Then you'd better give him a call ...

http://www.rsmith.org.uk/frasier/images/kelseygrammer09_small.jpg

Written By: spaceace on 07/24/07 at 9:57 pm

Fraiser!!!  He wasn't much of a hugger.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/07 at 6:56 am

Swapping spit, yeah.  There are so many more wonderful things to do with a tongue   ::)

I love a little tongue play with my you know who. ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/25/07 at 6:57 am

If he's not available,I'm calling Creedmore. :o ;D

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 07/25/07 at 7:36 am

If he's not available,I'm calling Creedmore. :o ;D

Ooh, that place is still around?

Written By: Howard on 07/25/07 at 7:21 pm

Ooh, that place is still around?

Yes In Queens.

Written By: La Roche on 07/25/07 at 7:25 pm

Swapping spit, yeah.  There are so many more wonderful things to do with a tongue  ::)

Ice Cream! Ice Cream!

Written By: Howard on 07/25/07 at 7:31 pm

Ice Cream! Ice Cream!

Or make noises with it. ;D

Written By: La Roche on 07/25/07 at 7:33 pm

Or make noises with it. ;D

That to.. if you have the intellect of a child.. which I do.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/25/07 at 7:34 pm

Sometimes. I never used to be, though. I was really annoying to other people when it came to hugs, because I would stand stiff with my arms at my sides.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/07 at 7:35 pm

That to.. if you have the intellect of a child.. which I do.

I also have the mentality of one.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/25/07 at 7:36 pm

I also have the mentality of one.

*comforts*

Written By: Howard on 07/25/07 at 7:37 pm

*comforts*

Thanks Beth. :)

Written By: Buckinghammm on 07/26/07 at 12:30 am

*raises hand* Hug whore.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/26/07 at 12:33 am

*raises hand* Hug whore.

*Hugs*

Written By: Buckinghammm on 07/26/07 at 12:37 am

*Hugs*

You owe me a quarter.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/26/07 at 12:39 am

You owe me a quarter.

*Throws twenty dollar bill in face* Fine. Keep the change.

Written By: Lady Beard on 07/26/07 at 12:43 am

*Throws twenty dollar bill in face* Fine. Keep the change.

Now that's what I call an advanced payment! *holds belly and cackles*

Now give your lady beard some sugar.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/26/07 at 12:44 am

Now that's what I call an advanced payment! *holds belly and cackles*

Now give your lady beard some sugar.

I'm running low on sugar... *Sprinkles some in Lady Beard's mouth* That's the last of it for tonight.

Written By: Lady Beard on 07/26/07 at 12:45 am

I'm running low on sugar... *Sprinkles some in Lady Beard's mouth* That's the last of it for tonight.

I know of other forms of sugar your Lady Beard will glady accept.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/26/07 at 12:46 am

I know of other forms of sugar your Lady Beard will glady accept.

... You mean like the mineral used to sweeten foods? Who uses that sugar anymore?

Written By: Lady Beard on 07/26/07 at 12:46 am

... You mean like the mineral used to sweeten foods? Who uses that sugar anymore?

Close..>:-}D

Written By: YWN on 07/26/07 at 12:46 am

*Sprinkles some in Lady Beard's mouth* That's the last of it for tonight.

Recontextualization--one of the best incentives so far to take a vow of silence.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/26/07 at 12:47 am

Recontextualization--one of the best incentives so far to take a vow of silence.

Ha, you think you're being clever, recontextualizing and whatnot...

BUT YOU DIDN'T CHANGE THE CONTEXT AT ALL! >:-}D

Written By: YWN on 07/26/07 at 12:50 am

Ha, you think you're being clever, recontextualizing and whatnot...

BUT YOU DIDN'T CHANGE THE CONTEXT AT ALL! >:-}D

I...daresay I did, sir.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/26/07 at 12:51 am

I...daresay I did, sir.

Oh, well it came across as sexually as it did before, in my eyes.

Written By: YWN on 07/26/07 at 12:53 am

Oh, well it came across as sexually as it did before, in my eyes.

I understand the sexual undertones between you and Lady Beard; perhaps I didn't recontextualize it so much as drastically illuminate.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/26/07 at 12:56 am

I understand the sexual undertones between you and Lady Beard; perhaps I didn't recontextualize it so much as drastically illuminate.

I don't appreciate your making this a public display of love interest when it was only that to the eyes of those who believe it as a gift.

Written By: YWN on 07/26/07 at 1:00 am

I don't appreciate your making this a public display of love interest when it was only that to the eyes of those who believe it as a gift.

I'm afraid you've lost me.  Was the belief or the love a gift?  And to whom?  You and Lady Beard?

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/26/07 at 1:01 am

I'm afraid you've lost me.  Was the belief or the love a gift?  And to whom?  You and Lady Beard?

Love is a gift to whomever shares it.

Written By: YWN on 07/26/07 at 1:06 am

Love is a gift to whomever shares it.

Assuming you haven't mistaken your phrasing (the person who shares it is giving a gift to himself), I would politely disagree--it would depend on the specific circumstance.

Yet, I have no interest in further pursuing this topic.

GUNS SEX LIES VIDEO TAPE

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/26/07 at 1:11 am

Assuming you haven't mistaken your phrasing (the person who shares it is giving a gift to himself), I would politely disagree--it would depend on the specific circumstance.

Yet, I have no interest in further pursuing this topic.

GUNS SEX LIES VIDEO TAPE

PARIS HILTON.

Written By: YWN on 07/26/07 at 1:16 am

PARIS HILTON.

Who?

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/26/07 at 1:16 am

Who?

Your mom.

Written By: YWN on 07/26/07 at 1:35 am

Your mom.

As always.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/07 at 7:15 am

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9htfR4VkKhGSJcA5yejzbkF/SIG=12d0ie53t/EXP=1185538453/**http%3A//www.dropmachine.com/media/data/500/63tiger_hug.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/07 at 12:19 pm

http://digilander.libero.it/Daisychain/gatti/images/hug_a_cat.jpg

Written By: nally on 07/26/07 at 2:00 pm

Sometimes. I never used to be, though. I was really annoying to other people when it came to hugs, because I would stand stiff with my arms at my sides.

well... until I was 16, I was never interested in hugging people other than family members, mostly cuz I was unsure about anyone hugging me. My family assured me that it was a kind thing to do. In October 1996, that all changed. A girl at school (who was in my U.S. history class at the time) came up to me in the hallway and said, "Hey Jeff, how ya doin'?" and placed her right arm around me. It felt really good, and she was friendly...so I decided to give in and place my left arm around her.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/07 at 2:24 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiAsRqpGS80AeGKjzbkF/SIG=127924opu/EXP=1185650604/**http%3A//craigpages3.100megsfree5.com/JPG/HUG_CUP.JPG

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/27/07 at 3:41 pm

well... until I was 16, I was never interested in hugging people other than family members, mostly cuz I was unsure about anyone hugging me. My family assured me that it was a kind thing to do. In October 1996, that all changed. A girl at school (who was in my U.S. history class at the time) came up to me in the hallway and said, "Hey Jeff, how ya doin'?" and placed her right arm around me. It felt really good, and she was friendly...so I decided to give in and place my left arm around her.

What a life changing story!

Written By: nally on 09/19/07 at 11:28 am

What a life changing story!

Yep...and I've given hugs to more than 180 additional young ladies in the past 11 years. I'd say about half of them have given me the "full" hug in return.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/19/07 at 11:50 am

No sugar tonight in Dom's coffee.....
No sugar tonight in Dom's tea.....
No sugar to stand besides him.....
No sugar to run with him.....

Dat-n-doo-dow-dow, dat-n-doo dow....
Dat-n-doo, dah-dow, dah-dow-dow....

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/19/07 at 7:00 pm

No sugar tonight in Dom's coffee.....
No sugar tonight in Dom's tea.....
No sugar to stand besides him.....
No sugar to run with him.....

Dat-n-doo-dow-dow, dat-n-doo dow....
Dat-n-doo, dah-dow, dah-dow-dow....

Well, that appears to be very arbitrary... Or is it?

Written By: Howard on 09/20/07 at 7:05 am

I'm a Kisser.

Written By: KKay on 09/20/07 at 7:06 am

from me, your friendly neighborhood tree-hugger
http://www.cortesisland.com/tideline/gallery/gallery_39/HugATree.jpg

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/20/07 at 11:10 am

Well, that appears to be very arbitrary... Or is it?

I'm guessing that you never heard "No Sugar Tonight", by the Guess Who.
You'd'a gotten that, otherwise.

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/20/07 at 10:57 pm

I'm guessing that you never heard "No Sugar Tonight", by the Guess Who.
You'd'a gotten that, otherwise.

Perhaps!

I was just wondering why my name was included in there.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/23/07 at 4:15 am

I was tonight

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/23/07 at 4:34 am

from me, your friendly neighborhood tree-hugger
http://www.cortesisland.com/tideline/gallery/gallery_39/HugATree.jpg

Ahhhh...that's cute.

I guess it depends on the situation when I hug.  Sometimes I like to hug, othertimes I don't.  yeah, I know that doesn't make alot of sense.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/23/07 at 2:03 pm

I haven't been getting my "hug quota", lately. Feels very empty.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/23/07 at 3:21 pm

Did i hug anyone today? nope, I was not a hugger today, I was a hand shaker.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/23/07 at 3:30 pm

I had a hug with an old work mate of mine who I had not seen for somewhile.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/23/07 at 3:54 pm

I had a hug with an old work mate of mine who I had not seen for somewhile.
a mini reunion of sorts

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/23/07 at 4:55 pm

a mini reunion of sorts
Very mini, it was just the two us, in full view of my wife.

Written By: Howard on 09/23/07 at 5:54 pm

I hugged my Mother,Does that count?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/23/07 at 11:19 pm

I hug my friends and family hello or goodbye, and I hug my husband as often as I can because I love his big strong arms around me!

Written By: Green Lantern on 09/24/07 at 3:10 am

It doesn't come too easily for me.  :-[ After a few beers ... different.  :)  Still somewhat inhibited, I guess. The 'English' in me ... slightly reserved. Though I do care.

Written By: nally on 09/24/07 at 12:46 pm

I hardly had any hugs last week. :-\\ But I did give two this morning to a lady friend of mine. She said she had a midterm tomorrow, so that's why I gave her a second hug (and a small kiss on the cheek)...for good luck.

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/24/07 at 1:44 pm

Yeah,i have not having a lot of hugs lately either,i think it's cause people are afraid to touch me,like i'll break if i get squeezed ::)

Written By: statsqueen on 09/24/07 at 2:06 pm

I haven't been getting my "hug quota", lately. Feels very empty.

Sending a hug

Written By: Howard on 09/24/07 at 3:16 pm

I'm a hugger and a kisser. ;) ;D

Written By: nally on 09/25/07 at 7:54 pm

Yeah,i have not having a lot of hugs lately either,i think it's cause people are afraid to touch me,like i'll break if i get squeezed ::)

Yes, I've noticed some people are like that. However, if anyone wants to hug me, I'll let 'em do it. Just as long as they don't do it too hard, though.

Written By: Howard on 09/26/07 at 6:56 am

Sometimes I hug too hard.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/26/07 at 7:51 am

Sometimes I hug too hard.

the only time that I like hard hugs is when I really need one. Like, if I am sad or upset, etc.

Written By: nally on 09/26/07 at 10:29 am

the only time that I like hard hugs is when I really need one. Like, if I am sad or upset, etc.

Yeah, me too. Sometimes I give a girl a big hug when I haven't seen her for a long time.

Written By: wildcard on 09/26/07 at 11:05 am

I take hugs when I need to and I give hugs when I need to.  This keeps them more meaningful.  I tell the Huggabunch and Care Bears to get lost. 

Written By: statsqueen on 09/26/07 at 11:08 am

I love hugs, but certainly don't do it randomly.  I hug family the most, but if I have friends who need it, no problem.  I gave a lot of hugs to people I didn't even know at the gathering for LaMira, but we were all in need of hugs and human contact, so the hugs were welcomed.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/26/07 at 12:01 pm

My dad would give me bear hugs. The problem is he squeezes way too hard and I just can't breath. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/26/07 at 5:40 pm

My dad would give me bear hugs. The problem is he squeezes way too hard and I just can't breath. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

Cat

It's like the guys with the bone-crushing handshakes! Yeah, nice to meet you too, Big Al, now can I have my right hand back, you're making it feel like it's been through an industrial accident!
:D

(Although the cadaver handshake is a good way to say you don't want to be introduced!)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/07/07 at 5:24 pm

Bumped, especially for Jeff.

Written By: nally on 11/07/07 at 9:56 pm

Bumped, especially for Jeff.

Thank you Philip. I was looking for this thread earlier and I didn't remember when it was last posted on.

Yes, I did give some hugs today. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/07/07 at 9:57 pm

not for the most part. I don't normally like people touching me...and if you are one of the chosen few that I let near me...you should feel so lucky. hahah. :D ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/08/07 at 7:11 am

not for the most part. I don't normally like people touching me...and if you are one of the chosen few that I let near me...you should feel so lucky. hahah. :D ;D

germaphobic?  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/08/07 at 8:47 am

germaphobic?  ;D

in a way, yes. In another way..sometimes I just don't like people's bodies touching mine. :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/08/07 at 8:53 am

in a way, yes. In another way..sometimes I just don't like people's bodies touching mine. :D

^ I think you're safe. I'm more than a few blocks away !  :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/08/07 at 2:01 pm

Haven't been getting my quota of hugs, for some time now.

Maybe that's why I feel the way I've been feeling.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/07 at 7:48 pm

Then there's something wrong.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/08/07 at 8:03 pm

Haven't been getting my quota of hugs, for some time now.

Maybe that's why I feel the way I've been feeling.

... *Hug*

Written By: Dude111 on 11/08/07 at 11:08 pm

Hugging is VERY NICE!!!!

Some ppl dont like it though when i offer a hug :( (That makes me feel bad)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/08/07 at 11:13 pm

Then there's something wrong.

no there isn't..I just don't like people getting all up in my space.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/08/07 at 11:28 pm

Hugging is VERY NICE!!!!

Some ppl dont like it though when i offer a hug :( (That makes me feel bad)

*Points and laughs*

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/08/07 at 11:30 pm

I love it when ^ is ruthless  ;D

Written By: nally on 11/09/07 at 10:52 am

That's understandable...I've met some people who are like that.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/07 at 11:26 am

That's understandable...I've met some people who are like that.

I mean..I don't want to come off as sounding like I am stiff as a board or something....I do love to hug, when it's someone that I want to be close to...it's just a lot of the times..I don't like just anybody touching me a lot..ya know?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/09/07 at 11:41 am

I think I've gotten more 'laid back' about it as I've gotten older. I'm not a 'natural' hugger .... and .. .. it tends to be either sexually related , or family related .... i.e., my mother / sometimes, brother. However, being of English stock, such shows of affection are somewhat restrained / occasional.

Nevertheless, following a bunch of drinks the other night .... this guy who I've become friendly with over the last year or so .... and he' s married / 60 ........ well, he's going on holiday today... I won't see him for 4 months. As he was saying goodnight, I impishly leant over to give him a peck on the face ...  (not my normal style, I assure you). He reacted 'fork off'  or something like that ! He was momentarily taken aback ! Well, I can't blame him .. it was entirely unexpected, and probably did my rep. no good ....... but ........ I  know / am comfortable about my orientation (hetero).

All I could do was laugh. It was nothing more than a gesture of affection. But not that kind !  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/07 at 11:43 am

I think I've gotten more 'laid back' about it as I've gotten older. I'm not a 'natural' hugger .... and .. .. it tends to be either sexually related , or family related .... i.e., my mother / sometimes, brother. However, being of English stock, such shows of affection are somewhat restrained / occasional.

Nevertheless, following a bunch of drinks the other night .... this guy who I've become friendly with over the last year or so .... and he' s married / 60 ........ well, he's going on holiday today... I won't see him for 4 months. As he was saying goodnight, I impishly leant over to give him a peck on the face ...  (not my normal style, I assure you). He reacted 'fork off'  or something like that ! He was momentarily taken aback ! Well, I can't blame him .. it was entirely unexpected, and probably did my rep. no good ....... but ........ I  know / am comfortable about my orientation (hetero).

All I could do was laugh. It was nothing more than a gesture of affection. But not that kind !  ;D

awww...kissy face!! :-* ;D

Written By: nally on 11/09/07 at 11:58 am

I mean..I don't want to come off as sounding like I am stiff as a board or something....I do love to hug, when it's someone that I want to be close to...it's just a lot of the times..I don't like just anybody touching me a lot..ya know?

Oh, totally. I'm not misinterpreting what you're sayin.

I used to be like that myself, as I may have mentioned a few pages ago in this thread.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/07 at 3:46 pm

*gets up all in Erin's face*.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 3:57 pm

that's not gay?  ;D    J/K,  one time my best friend Buster, he's Italian, was goofing and greeted me with a "hey paisan" and did the kiss thing on both cheeks, and to me it was like the Godfather/Corleone family. no big deal. I love my best friend dearly, but it's not our culture or way here to kiss our buddies. honestly, I don't even like it when my friends wives or Diane's friends wanna greet or say goodbye with a kiss  8-P but I do appease them and give them a little taste  ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/09/07 at 4:14 pm

sometimes,I'm more of a handshaker depending on the person.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/07 at 10:06 pm

*gets up all in Erin's face*.

AGHHHH!!! :o

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/10/07 at 5:10 am

And here I was, ready to give Erin a hug....

Thankee much for the sour persimmons, Howie!

Written By: Howard on 11/10/07 at 6:31 am

;D She said she doesn't like being touched and you want to give her a hug? ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 7:27 pm

;D She said she doesn't like being touched and you want to give her a hug? ???

Like I said....if I know you and feel a positive vibe..then a hug is ok...but if you are some stranger who wants to get all up in my face...that isn't cool. ;)

Written By: KKay on 11/11/07 at 8:25 am

http://web.mit.edu/jesskim/Public/images/Famous/judah1.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/07 at 3:01 pm

Like I said....if I know you and feel a positive vibe..then a hug is ok...but if you are some stranger who wants to get all up in my face...that isn't cool. ;)

Well, if we ever do meet, you better be prepared to get a hug from me.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/11/07 at 3:32 pm

http://www.fresnobeehive.com/archives/upload/2007/04/barney.jpg

Would you hug him,Erin?  ;D

Written By: nally on 11/11/07 at 6:22 pm

Of course. I wouldn't feel comfy at all if some strange person came up to me and tried to do that. :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/11/07 at 7:28 pm

Well, if we ever do meet, you better be prepared to get a hug from me.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

awww..I would love a hug from you, Cat! :)

http://www.fresnobeehive.com/archives/upload/2007/04/barney.jpg

Would you hug him,Erin?  ;D

hell to the no..purple dinosaurs scare me! :D ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/12/07 at 12:36 am

Erin-

Should we ever meet, you will receive a hug from me, also.
Warning: my hugs are very big, very warm, and somewhat bear-like.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/12/07 at 12:46 am

Erin-

Should we ever meet, you will receive a hug from me, also.
Warning: my hugs are very big, very warm, and somewhat bear-like.

that will be just fine, Wayne! :)

Written By: Howard on 11/12/07 at 6:32 am

hell to the no..purple dinosaurs scare me! :D ;D

Even Dino? ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/07 at 7:07 am

Do we hug more on colder days?

Written By: karen on 11/12/07 at 8:43 am

I would say that I only hug those closest to me - mainly family.  However the RR wives here seem to be much more into hugs and cheek kisses when saying hello and goodbye.  I tolerate it from a few and give off 'stay away' signals to most I think!  I hardly know these people.

Written By: nally on 11/12/07 at 2:25 pm

that will be just fine, Wayne! :)

what about me?

Written By: Howard on 11/12/07 at 3:46 pm

Do we hug more on colder days?

It creates more warmth.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/07 at 12:03 am

what about me?

sure thing, chicken wing! ;)

Written By: nally on 11/13/07 at 11:12 am

sure thing, chicken wing! ;)

that's great, I can't wait! ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/07 at 11:12 am

that's great, I can't wait! ;)

perhaps when I make a trip to Cali..I will stop by for that hug! :)

Written By: 2001 on 04/23/18 at 8:40 am

Not at all. Maybe if I haven't seen a family member in a long time.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/23/18 at 10:12 am

Most Puerto Ricans are huggers, it's part of our culture.  It's called an "abraso" and is shared regardless of gender

Written By: 2001 on 04/23/18 at 10:23 am

Most Puerto Ricans are huggers, it's part of our culture.  It's called an "abraso" and is shared regardless of gender

In South Asian culture, hugging is a foreign concept (literally). ;D Grandmothers/aunts hug their grandchildren/nephews/nieces and that's about it, but I think we picked that up from the Brits rather than it being indigenous to our culture.  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/23/18 at 12:27 pm

And they kiss (on the cheek). The first time you brought me down there, I have never been kissed by so many strangers in my life. But it was all good. Now I am that "gringa" who is part of the family who can't speak a word of Spanish.  :)  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/24/18 at 7:34 am

Not at all. Maybe if I haven't seen a family member in a long time.

same here.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/25/18 at 9:43 am

And they kiss (on the cheek). The first time you brought me down there, I have never been kissed by so many strangers in my life. But it was all good. Now I am that "gringa" who is part of the family who can't speak a word of Spanish.  :)  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Yup, Puerto Ricans are an affectionate and passionate people

Written By: Lizardmatum on 04/25/18 at 1:02 pm

I rarely hug. I only hug people who are very close, like lovers.

Written By: Howard on 04/25/18 at 3:38 pm

I only hug friends and family.

Written By: Dude111 on 04/25/18 at 10:44 pm

Just curious. For me, I am a hugger and hug almost everyone I know. (A few exceptions.)

Im glad to know that honey I AM ALSO!!!!!!!! (I love to give hugs and kisses as a way to show love and kindness)

Im glad you do also :)

Written By: Howard on 04/26/18 at 5:49 am

Im glad to know that honey I AM ALSO!!!!!!!! (I love to give hugs and kisses as a way to show love and kindness)

I hug and kiss certain people.

Written By: Dude111 on 04/26/18 at 10:08 am

Im glad ya do Howard :)

Written By: CupidTheStupid on 04/27/18 at 10:50 pm

The only people I'm comfortable and content with hugging are family members & best friends (those I've known for a long time) Other than that, hugging people makes me uncomfortable.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/28/18 at 1:26 am

Only if I must.  Just don't touch my shoulders! That's all I ask!

Written By: Howard on 04/28/18 at 3:18 pm

Only if I must.  Just don't touch my shoulders! That's all I ask!

Why not?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/28/18 at 6:33 pm

Why not?

Because I'm not too comfortable with people touching my shoulders.  A frontal hug is okay.  A hug from either side is okay.  My shoulders are off limits to everyone.  I don't even like my mother squeezing my shoulders at all.  My mother says "I have two of the of the most non-touchy feely kids I've ever seen."

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/01/18 at 9:44 am

I wish you would stop calling my wife "honey", those sorts of endearments are my job

Written By: Dude111 on 05/02/18 at 3:27 am

Im sorry Donny... Cat is my friend and its a way of speaking nice to her :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/18 at 3:22 pm

Im sorry Donny... Cat is my friend and its a way of speaking nice to her :)

His name is NOT Donny. Don is his title and Carlos is his name. The English version of his user name would be Sir Charles or in his case Dr. Charles.

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 05/02/18 at 4:20 pm

OOPS!!

Im so sorry Carlos :)

Check for new replies or respond here...