inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Windows MP and Playback Speeds?

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/12/07 at 10:01 pm

Just thought of something right now. On Windows Media Player, they have an option to alter the playback speed, almost like you could do with a tape. The difference is that it merely "compresses" or draws out the sound, making it longer or shorter. But it doesn't make the pitch higher or lower, like if you do it analog style. Is there any way to do that with files?

I actually like both ways, just for different reasons. The compression just makes them sound like they're singing really fast, while the pitch makes them sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks, lol.

Subject: Re: Windows MP and Playback Speeds?

Written By: whistledog on 07/12/07 at 10:07 pm

I am not sure about WMP, but there are programs out there where you can alter speeds of songs.  I have a cheapie shareware one where I can do just that.  I can increase the volume on the song, or make it lower.  I can cut songs and fade them out to make them shorter.  I can even combine two songs together to make a duet of two totally different songs ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...