inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: R U Normal? Do you do strange things like ....?

Written By: Green Lantern on 07/15/07 at 6:33 am

This thread is about 'oddball behaviours' you might sometimes do ...

Are you normal?

I'm sure  one or two (or ...?)  of you here have some (cough! )opinions about me ...  :o >:( :D

But what is 'normal'. Is anybody 'normal?' Normal behaviour is generally accepted as a set of behaviours that the majority of the population adheres to. Still, how exciting would life be if we didn't have SOME 'deviates' .. well not TOO extreme  ;)

So, do you occasionally do things that have you looking over your shoulder wondering if someone else spotted you, then feel just a little bit weird about yourself?

I confess that I'll often walk down the street, and on hearing chirping/ singing birds, try to engage with them /stop dead in my tracks and try to establish a rapport. Not sure what they make of me. Probably realise I'm just another 'bird-brain'!  :D Still, I usually try to make out like I was doing something else on spotting someone else approaching. Feel they'd reckon I'm a bit soft-headed / eccentric ... and I WOULDN'T want them to think that now, would I (even if it IS true  :D ).

So, do you do sometimes do anything a bit oddball too?

Subject: Re: R U Normal? Do you do strange things like ....?

Written By: spaceace on 07/15/07 at 11:11 am

I've never claimed to be normal.  Listing all the reasons why I'm not would take all day.

Written By: Southern Image on 07/15/07 at 12:31 pm

....laugh at my own jokes....

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/07 at 3:20 pm

I have 123437 reasons to ask am I normal (123438 reasons now!)

Written By: Howard on 07/15/07 at 7:15 pm

I crack my knuckles so loud it sounds like guns going off. ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 07/15/07 at 8:58 pm

I have 123437 reasons to ask am I normal (123438 reasons now!)

Yes, anyone with THAT many posts  :o  ^ certainly AIN'T 'normal'. 'Extraordinary' might be one description!
So, welcome to the 'league of Extraordinary persons' (well, it sound better than 'abnormal persons'!  ;) 8) ).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/15/07 at 9:44 pm

I am not normal at all. I have been known to chirp back at birds too..and sometimes they even answer me!  I get nervous about things, when stuff is out of place....I drive my family crazy with this. I think the chalk tastes good...and, I am afraid of odd things (in most people's opinions).

I guess I am abnormal in other areas...according to some people. Oh, and apparantly I am a drama queen. ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/15/07 at 10:47 pm

>my wife says that I talk to my food before I eat it  ??? 
>sometimes I hold my chin when I sleep
there are other things that are not normal, maybe embarrasing, almost as abnormal as this guy

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5miC6JpG4wQATQKjzbkF/SIG=12pltgj86/EXP=1184643586/**http%3A//i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/ms_farmer/YoungFrankenstein.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 07/16/07 at 1:56 am

I like the taste of Playdoh.  It's non toxic and it tastes good, so you can have your fun and eat it too.  When I was a kid, I got some for christmas, and within a week, I had eaten it all.  I haven't had any since I was a kid, but whenever I see ads for it in flyers, I want to go buy some to eat as a snack LOL

I wish Playdoh would introfuce assorted flavours.  Barbecue Flavoured Playdoh would be awesome!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/16/07 at 3:04 am

I like the taste of Playdoh.  It's non toxic and it tastes good, so you can have your fun and eat it too.  When I was a kid, I got some for christmas, and within a week, I had eaten it all.  I haven't had any since I was a kid, but whenever I see ads for it in flyers, I want to go buy some to eat as a snack LOL

I wish Playdoh would introfuce assorted flavours.  Barbecue Flavoured Playdoh would be awesome!

I remember Playdoh smelling advertising.

Written By: Howard on 07/16/07 at 4:13 pm

I always crack my neck.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/16/07 at 6:04 pm

I know I'm not normal.

Heck, alot of people online here and in real life know I'm not normal.

I tend to:

Sing while walking somewhere(helps ease the walk, makes it seem quicker).

Speak my thoughts out loud alot(regardless of where).

Let's not go into anything else... There are several other areas that point out to eccentricity that I have, although some of these are normal to hardcore anime fans.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/16/07 at 6:44 pm

at work today, I noticed something I do that is not normal and I only do it when I am by myself on the elevators and it's goofy as heck.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil6.gif  When I arrive at my desired floor, before the door opens I verbally command it to open as if I'm Captain Kirk aboard the Starship Enterprise.

Written By: MLB on 07/16/07 at 6:57 pm

at the country faire I often go to the farm animal area just to practice Mooing at the cows to see if they will respond, see if the sheep will respond to my baaing and if the chickens will respond to my cooing clucks.  Usually I don't care who is there near by but the animals don't usually respond either  ??? go figure! 
  I always say anyone who wants to be President or European PM has to be half-crazy to respond to all the stupid bull s..t that comes down the phone lines and/or into the front lobby of the office! 
  we are all a little crazy these days, tho it takes a lot of irratic behaviour to be considered strange and crazy in California anyway! ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 07/16/07 at 7:01 pm

Quirk: chalk tastes good.

Badfinger: I talk to my food before I eat it (and) before the door opens I verbally command it to open as if I'm Captain Kirk aboard the Starship Enterprise.

Whistledog: I like the taste of Playdoh.  It's non toxic and it tastes good,

Howard: I always crack my neck.

Michelle B. at the country faire I often go to the farm animal area just to practice Mooing at the cows to see if they will respond, see if the sheep will respond to my baaing and if the chickens will respond to my cooing clucks.

My god! What's all this  ??? ::) :o  .. ^ ... a frigging 'freak show' ? After reading all of the above ... I'm starting to feel positively normal /tame  by comparison!  'Let me outta here!'

'The lunatics have taken over the asylum'  ;)  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/16/07 at 7:06 pm

Quirk:
Badfinger:  (and)
Whistledog:
Howard:
Michelle B.

My god! What's all this  ??? ::) :o  .. ^ ... a frigging 'freak show' ? After reading all of the above ... I'm starting to feel positively normal /tame  by comparison!  'Let me outta here!'

this is quite a cuckoos nest and a looney cast of characters, for sures & I am glad to be part of the lunacy

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/16/07 at 7:21 pm

Normal sucks.

As for me, I do the following:

-Use foreign accents in places where I don't frequent, just because.
-Effectively mimic some bird calls, such as quails.
-Intentionally make noises which imitate certain bodily functions, in busy stores, when children are present.

Written By: Green Lantern on 07/16/07 at 7:31 pm

this is quite a cuckoos nest and a looney cast of characters, for sures & I am glad to be part of the lunacy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e2/Looney_Tunes_B%26W.jpg/200px-Looney_Tunes_B%26W.jpg

Same here 8)

Now would you be kind enough to fetch my medication, and pop it in my mouth?

http://www.starry.com/magic/gifs/straitjacket_burning_rope.jpg
I'm all tied up at the moment. :D

But when I hit head first, that should knock some sense into me!  :D

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/16/07 at 7:50 pm

I always crack my neck.

Howard, I crack my neck too.

I moo at cows, oink at pigs, quack at ducks and so on.

Just the other night my kids and I were outside croaking at the two frogs that swim in our pool.

Instead of being embarrassed by my lids burping, I try to burp louder.  ;D

I'm sure I do lots of strange this, I'm just not aware of them.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/16/07 at 10:02 pm

Quirk:
Badfinger:  (and)
Whistledog:
Howard:
Michelle B.

hahaaha..you have such a way with summing things up! LOL! ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/16/07 at 10:14 pm

I think we're all a little abnormal in some ways, and that's not a bad thing. Heck, my hero (well one of my main ones) is Weird Al, that oughta tell you something about me, lol. ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 07/16/07 at 10:35 pm

I think we're all a little abnormal in some ways, and that's not a bad thing. Heck, my hero (well one of my main ones) is Weird Al, that oughta tell you something about me, lol. ;D

'Weird Al'? Well my name's sometimes shortened to that, and when I was at college back in the late 80's, I was aware of some fellow students referring to me as 'weird Al'. Strangely, even though he was an 80's artist, I'd either not heard of him at the time, or didn't make the connection, and was somewhat displeased by the name. Now, it's no problem .... there's little doubt that I am indeed, 'weird' (well, at least some of the time).  ;D

Incidentally, I do laugh at my own jokes, and talk to myself quite a bit ... but that seems perfectly normal to me.  8) ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/16/07 at 10:49 pm

He's kind of an '80s, '90s and '00s artist, really! I see him as having about 4 different spans of popularity - the "Eat It" era, which probably lasted until Off the Deep End; the "Smells Like Nirvana" era, which continued through Bad Hair Day; a shorter millenial era, which lasted until "White and Nerdy", which is probably his newest.

Heck, it gave him the biggest hit of his entire career at age 47!

Written By: Howard on 07/17/07 at 6:32 am

Aren't we all a little cwazy? :D

Written By: Step-chan on 07/17/07 at 4:09 pm

Aren't we all a little cwazy? :D

Yes, but some people don't want to admit it.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/07 at 4:39 pm

Yes, but some people don't want to admit it.

I'll admit that I'm a little quirky sometimes.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/17/07 at 9:16 pm

I'll admit that I'm a little quirky sometimes.

oh really now? LOL! :D ;D

Written By: La Roche on 07/17/07 at 11:14 pm

As an old girlfriend once put it.. shortly before deciding that I was in fact a juvenile wanker  ;D.. "You're anything but f**king normal!"
I did point out that this was a healthy state of affairs and I'd be more than content to continue along the same path.

I talk to myself... all the time, I practice conversations I might have, over and over.. out loud, I have a million and one nervous little things I do, tapping my fingers against my thumbs as fast as possible, putting my middle finger and thumb together and snapping my index finger down on to them in a fast jerky motion to create a snap sound.. grinning evilly from one side of my mouth to the other.. all sorts of things..

.. and then we come to the weird things I do around other people. If I have an idea or something... or a thought or a joke.. or whatever, in my head, I'll just start speaking out loud halfway through it, which leaves people so bemused, they'll be talking about.. a tree or something and I'll come out with ".. but that was way before it closed that night." and they'll just look at me like I have three heads.

I almost always engage mouth before mind, I'll get halfway through what I'm saying before I realize I'm talking a load of s**t and need to bluff my way through the rest of it.  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 07/17/07 at 11:32 pm

As an old girlfriend once put it.. shortly before deciding that I was in fact a juvenile wanker  ;D.. "You're anything but f**king normal!"
I did point out that this was a healthy state of affairs and I'd be more than content to continue along the same path.

I talk to myself... all the time, I practice conversations I might have, over and over.. out loud, I have a million and one nervous little things I do, tapping my fingers against my thumbs as fast as possible, putting my middle finger and thumb together and snapping my index finger down on to them in a fast jerky motion to create a snap sound.. grinning evilly from one side of my mouth to the other.. all sorts of things..

.. and then we come to the weird things I do around other people. If I have an idea or something... or a thought or a joke.. or whatever, in my head, I'll just start speaking out loud halfway through it, which leaves people so bemused, they'll be talking about.. a tree or something and I'll come out with ".. but that was way before it closed that night." and they'll just look at me like I have three heads.

I almost always engage mouth before mind, I'll get halfway through what I'm saying before I realize I'm talking a load of s**t and need to bluff my way through the rest of it.  ;D

All sounds perfectly normal to me, particularly ..

deciding that I was in fact a juvenile wanker  ;D. "You're anything but f**king normal!"

Yes, my last girlfriend berated me severely for being a 'wanker'. When I explained that every guy in the world does it, even when they've got a regular partner .... she wasn't about to swallow that. No, I meant that, not that!  :D

Now what we'd really like to know is .... Do you do anything Strange??  ;D :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/18/07 at 12:04 am

My mom's constantly questioning me about my behavior... And honestly, it makes me feel bad.

Written By: La Roche on 07/18/07 at 12:14 am

All sounds perfectly normal to me, particularly ..

Yes, my last girlfriend berated me severely for being a 'wanker'. When I explained that every guy in the world does it, even when they've got a regular partner .... she wasn't about to swallow that. No, I meant that, not that!  :D

Now what we'd really like to know is .... Do you do anything Strange??  ;D :D

Normal by our standards at least mate.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/18/07 at 1:31 am

here is one definition of normal
free from any mental disorder; sane

so the question you have to ask yourself is...  Am I normal?

Written By: Howard on 07/18/07 at 7:04 am

here is one definition of normal
free from any mental disorder; sane

so the question you have to ask yourself is...  Am I normal?

There's no such thing as normal. ;)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/18/07 at 2:36 pm

"Normal"? Isn't that a brand of funky cigarette?

Written By: Step-chan on 07/18/07 at 3:08 pm

I talk to myself... all the time

Something we both have in common.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/18/07 at 3:56 pm

Talking to yourself is only natural, I do it all the time, I even read out to myself the posts I send to make sure the it reads right.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/07 at 7:31 pm

Something we both have in common.

I talk to myself too.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/18/07 at 7:50 pm

- I like to smell freshly printed paper.

- I use to like to eat gobs of vaseline.

- I like to collect antique papers, Vivien Leigh stuff and more.

- I like butter on my cantaloupe.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/07 at 7:52 pm

I pepper just about everything.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/23/07 at 5:19 pm

I talk to myself too.

Another in common.  ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 07/26/07 at 1:11 am

When I'm on the phone I write down random unimportant words words as I'm saying them... and then I start drawing little designs around the words.  I also doodle alot and I don't always pay attention to what I'm doodling on - sometimes it turns out to be important papers!

I laugh at things that most people don't get... usually other people's misfortunes... (not serious misfortunes though...i wouldn't laugh if someone's mom died or anything)

I always sleep with socks on.

Once in awhile I catch myself polishing my fingernails with whiteout. :-[

Written By: spaceace on 07/26/07 at 4:19 pm

I constantly have to have a book or a magazine in my hand.  Even if I don't intend on reading it.  Kind of like a security blanket.

I can't drink out of a glass fast because I end up coughing.  (I use a straw most of the time)

Written By: Green Lantern on 07/26/07 at 6:56 pm

I constantly have to have a book or a magazine in my hand.  Even if I don't intend on reading it.  Kind of like a security blanket.

Maybe you're just trying to appear edduKated ... edumacated .... educated (like me?)

Well the book may be a security blanket against 'would be muggers'

Would be mugger: That book ... give  to me!  >:(
Spaceace: You said "give  to me?" I give 'tome' on your head!  >:(

'THWACK!!!'

Would be mugger: -> (cheep! cheep!)  :D 'What day is it?' (cheep cheep)

Spaceace: Yes it helps to carry around a weight tome! I just wanted peace ... he wanted war ... so I gave him a piece!
... fortunately the books called 'war and peace'!  ;D :D

Written By: spaceace on 07/26/07 at 9:30 pm

Maybe you're just trying to appear edduKated ... edumacated .... educated (like me?)

Well the book may be a security blanket against 'would be muggers'

Would be mugger: That book ... give  to me!  >:(
Spaceace: You said "give  to me?" I give 'tome' on your head!  >:(

'THWACK!!!'

Would be mugger: -> (cheep! cheep!)  :D 'What day is it?' (cheep cheep)

Spaceace: Yes it helps to carry around a weight tome! I just wanted peace ... he wanted war ... so I gave him a piece!
... fortunately the books called 'war and peace'!  ;D :D

Neh, I could never appear educated.

I did hit some kid with the hardback version of North And South by John Jakes.  You should have heard the sound of that impact. :)

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 07/26/07 at 9:36 pm

I talk to my plants.  I say "good morning" to them first thing, and tell them they're doing a great job growing.  :)

Written By: DoctorFate on 07/26/07 at 9:45 pm

Neh, I could never appear educated.

I did hit some kid with the hardback version of North And South by John Jakes.  You should have heard the sound of that impact. :)

Yes ... I can feel his ^ pain!  :o

However, as my good friend  ;) ;D 'Green Lantern' has said ... that 'war and peace' is one 'weighty tome' .... typically over 1400 pages as paperback. Now
if that were hardback ... I don't think your 'would-be mugger' would be getting up for a while!  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/26/07 at 10:03 pm

I talk to my plants.  I say "good morning" to them first thing, and tell them they're doing a great job growing.   :)

Weirdo. :P

Written By: DoctorFate on 07/27/07 at 1:39 am

Weirdo. :P

Annie didn't say what kind of plants they were  (here 'mary-jane', 'nice mary-jane'....  ;)  ;D ... that could explain EVERYTHING!    :D

Written By: danootaandme on 07/27/07 at 6:17 am

Woweee, me too!  I can't leave the house without one, and even will carry one from room to room. In high school if my friends and I were going out cruising around I would bring one "just in case".  "Just in case" of what I'm not sure. 

Written By: Howard on 07/27/07 at 6:53 am

I talk to my plants.  I say "good morning" to them first thing, and tell them they're doing a great job growing.   :)

do they talk back? ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/27/07 at 8:34 am

I used to chew the feet off my Barbie dolls (they're pretty soft) and every once in a while I get the urge to gnaw on my daughter's dolls  :-\\

Also, I loooove the smell of gasoliine.

"You Know, we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy..." ;)

Written By: DoctorFate on 07/27/07 at 9:08 am

I used to chew the feet off my Barbie dolls (they're pretty soft) and every once in a while I get the urge to gnaw on my daughter's dolls  :-\\

I know a little about fate ...

and from this quote ...

"You Know, we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy..."

^
I reckon your fate is SEALed!  :P ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/27/07 at 9:32 am

I know a little about fate ...

and from this quote ...

^
I reckon your fate is SEALed!  :P ;D

;D  Karma to you.

Written By: DoctorFate on 07/27/07 at 9:40 am

Posted by: ladybug316
;D  Karma to you.

Likewise  :) 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/27/07 at 10:22 am

I used to do that too! ;D  And yes, the smell of gasoline is divine! :D

Written By: spaceace on 07/27/07 at 10:46 am

Woweee, me too!  I can't leave the house without one, and even will carry one from room to room. In high school if my friends and I were going out cruising around I would bring one "just in case".  "Just in case" of what I'm not sure. 

I've been doing it ever since I was a kid.  It just a sense of pure security to me.  Nice to know someone else does it too. :)

Written By: spaceace on 07/27/07 at 10:49 am

Yes ... I can feel his ^ pain!  :o

However, as my good friend  ;) ;D 'Green Lantern' has said ... that 'war and peace' is one 'weighty tome' .... typically over 1400 pages as paperback. Now
if that were hardback ... I don't think your 'would-be mugger' would be getting up for a while!  :D

I've never used War And Peace as a weapon.  I'd probably feel a slight twitch of guilt if I landed someone in the Emergency Room.

Written By: Tia on 07/27/07 at 11:14 am

i’ve now watched the girl slaves of morgana le fay six or seven times. i keep making copies of it where i talk over it; i’m going to send them to a bunch of my friends. that probably makes me a lunatic, i’m not sure.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/27/07 at 1:00 pm

I like to invite my friends over and with them unsuspecting, I randomly throw my clothes off and hit them with leather briefcases. After I'm done with that, I like to yell, "WHO'S YO' MAMMY!?"

Written By: Howard on 07/27/07 at 1:53 pm

I like to finish every last crumb on my plate.

I sometimes drink hot coffee (Which I shouldn't) in very hot weather.

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/27/07 at 2:12 pm

I used to do that too! ;D  And yes, the smell of gasoline is divine! :D
Kindred spirit Karma to you 8)

Written By: Howard on 07/27/07 at 2:31 pm

I make funny noises when I tense up and get anxious.

Written By: gemini on 07/27/07 at 6:08 pm

I have to have the car perfectly straight in parking spots, I'll drive back and forth until it's just right (drives my family nuts)
I have to have something to drink with me all the time
Always have to make sure the couch cushions are straight
If I'm driving and I smell something, like a car smell, I'll say can you smell that to whoever is in the car and turn the radio down like I'm listening for something. I have no idea what that's all about.  :-\\

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/27/07 at 7:26 pm

I have to have the car perfectly straight in parking spots, I'll drive back and forth until it's just right (drives my family nuts)
I have to have something to drink with me all the time
Always have to make sure the couch cushions are straight
If I'm driving and I smell something, like a car smell, I'll say can you smell that to whoever is in the car and turn the radio down like I'm listening for something. I have no idea what that's all about.  :-\\

Listening to music while trying to smell can overload your senses and your brain can't process it all very well.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/27/07 at 11:51 pm

I like to finish every last crumb on my plate.

I sometimes drink hot coffee (Which I shouldn't) in very hot weather.

silly Howard...do you lick the platter clean? ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/27/07 at 11:52 pm

Kindred spirit Karma to you 8)

right back at ya girlie! :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 07/28/07 at 12:06 am

right back at ya girlie! :)

Any more of that ^  going around  ??? Quirk? (hint hint)

'cause  :( :-X :( .....

I'm feeling a bit ....

http://www.howstrange.com/gallery/woodpecker.gif
  'Peckish'

:D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/28/07 at 12:22 am

Any more of that ^  going around   ??? Quirk? (hint hint)

'cause  :( :-X :( .....

I'm feeling a bit ....

http://www.howstrange.com/gallery/woodpecker.gif
   'Peckish'

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Written By: Howard on 07/28/07 at 6:44 am

silly Howard...do you lick the platter clean? ;D

Yes and my parents tell me it's disgusting.

Sometimes with Spaghetti Sauce I dip the sauce in bread and sop it up. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/28/07 at 9:20 am

Yes and my parents tell me it's disgusting.

Sometimes with Spaghetti Sauce I dip the sauce in bread and sop it up. ;D

hahaha...my husband is the same way...he cleans his plate pretty well. I guess that's a good thing though...it proves that he likes my cooking! ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/28/07 at 12:37 pm

hahaha...my husband is the same way...he cleans his plate pretty well. I guess that's a good thing though...it proves that he likes my cooking! ;)

So how do you feel about his cooking?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/28/07 at 1:30 pm

So how do you feel about his cooking?

he doesn't cook too often, but when he does...it is marvelous! He took culinary arts in school for awhile..he's quite good! :)

Written By: Step-chan on 07/28/07 at 2:47 pm

I make funny noises when I tense up and get anxious.

I tend to just look anxious when I'm anxious.

(Nice little redundant and silly line).

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 07/28/07 at 4:27 pm

Annie didn't say what kind of plants they were  (here 'mary-jane', 'nice mary-jane'....  ;)  ;D ... that could explain EVERYTHING!    :D

Three squash plants, two tomato plants, two hanging baskets of flowers and four big sunflowers.

All growing indoors in my little apartment. 

I've never grown anything before except for a spider plant, once.  My ex brought these to me from his garden when we were together, and I just sorta hope for the best.  I believe any living thing does better with a lil' positive reinforcement...

They're growing nicely, but I haven't gotten any fruit.  With the squash, it's because no female flowers have emerged yet, only males.  For the tomato, I read in a gardening guide that shaking the plants regularly will help them to self-pollinate.  So far, nothing...but one tomato plant is close to 6 feet tall.  :o

As for Mary Jane and I, we just don't get along...she makes me nervous...

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 07/28/07 at 4:28 pm

do they talk back? ;D

I like to think they do...sometimes they move ever so slightly while I'm speaking to them  :D

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 07/28/07 at 4:32 pm

Now I've never done that, but it SOUNDS good.  I love pen caps --- Barbie feet would be much more chewy...mmm.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/a_smil08.gif

Oh, me too!  And I love "basement smell."

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/28/07 at 9:58 pm

I LOVE the smell of markers. Sometimes I sniff them so hard, it makes me dizzy!! ;D ;D :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/29/07 at 1:10 am

I LOVE the smell of markers. Sometimes I sniff them so hard, it makes me dizzy!! ;D ;D :D

Losing brain cells! Fun.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/07 at 5:00 am

Do you love the smell of markers in the morning?

Written By: DoctorFate on 07/29/07 at 5:46 am

I go dizzy over markers. Sometimes I go so dizzy, they make me hard!  :P :D

Written By: Howard on 07/29/07 at 6:27 am

I like to think they do...sometimes they move ever so slightly while I'm speaking to them  :D

Just like the plant from Little Shop Of Horrors? ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/29/07 at 6:28 am

Now I've never done that, but it SOUNDS good.  I love pen caps --- Barbie feet would be much more chewy...mmm.   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/a_smil08.gif

Have you ever dipped her in chocolate? ;D

Written By: spaceace on 07/29/07 at 9:07 am

Right before I fall asleep, I talk to myself.

I like mayo on most everything.  If I don't have a jar of mayo in the fridge I feel deprived.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/29/07 at 9:34 am

Right before I fall asleep, I talk to myself.

I like mayo on most everything.  If I don't have a jar of mayo in the fridge I feel deprived.

What do you talk about?

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 07/29/07 at 10:26 am

Just like the plant from Little Shop Of Horrors? ;D

Nope.  More subtly, and they don't speak.

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 07/29/07 at 10:27 am

Have you ever dipped her in chocolate? ;D

I'm not a big fan of sweets.  If I were to dip her in anything it'd be hot sauce.  ;D

Written By: spaceace on 07/29/07 at 11:41 am

What do you talk about?

My roommate said one time I told her I wanted to be U.S. Senator Arlen Spector when I grow up.  She just turned off my T.V. and said I would need to go to Law School first.

Anyway, it usually about the last conscious thing I did.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/29/07 at 12:15 pm

My roommate said one time I told her I wanted to be U.S. Senator Arlen Spector when I grow up.  She just turned off my T.V. and said I would need to go to Law School first.

Anyway, it usually about the last conscious thing I did.

... You don't remember what you talk about?

Written By: spaceace on 07/29/07 at 2:53 pm

... You don't remember what you talk about?

Nope, I just hope no one ever tapes it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/29/07 at 7:45 pm

I'm not a big fan of sweets.  If I were to dip her in anything it'd be hot sauce.   ;D

oooh oooh...another hot sauce lover! Have you ever dipped your finger in hot sauce and ate only that?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/29/07 at 7:51 pm

Normal? What's that? Hell no, I'm not normal. As a kid, I used to be so upset because I wasn't like the other kids. Now I thrive on the fact that I am very unique. Yes, I am one of a kind. And I LOVE it!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/29/07 at 7:54 pm

I'm not a big fan of sweets.  If I were to dip her in anything it'd be hot sauce.   ;D

What about putting shrimp on your barbie? ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/29/07 at 10:21 pm

Now I've never done that, but it SOUNDS good.  I love pen caps --- Barbie feet would be much more chewy...mmm.   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/a_smil08.gif

Barbie Feet beat pen caps hands down. 

I must draw the line at basement smell; not my thing, ya weirdo ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/30/07 at 12:59 am

You mean musty smells? Yeah, I love that.

Written By: Howard on 07/30/07 at 4:05 pm

I used to eat my own boogas. ;D

Written By: thereshegoes on 07/30/07 at 5:24 pm

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb302/is0248/dcb1364.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/30/07 at 6:07 pm

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb302/is0248/dcb1364.gif

I always thought it was,

You are just jealous because the voices talk to me.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 07/30/07 at 8:40 pm

^ Ugh ... that is gross! Still, maybe Howard's an environmentalist ... wants to keep the planet 'green' ... or at least his personal environment.

Well... maybe you're in good company with that habit ....

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5024/thequeenhi0.jpg
'Pick it, lick it, roll it, flick it!'

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5024/thequeenhi0.jpg
''Too good to flick ... I'll eat it!"

Written By: spaceace on 07/31/07 at 10:06 am

At least you'll never starve. ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/31/07 at 12:49 pm

At least you'll never starve. ::)

I didn't actually eat it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/31/07 at 2:09 pm

I didn't actually eat it.

The above statement proves otherwise. ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/01/07 at 7:04 am

The above statement proves otherwise. ;)

I never knew why I did it.  :P

Written By: DoctorFate on 08/01/07 at 11:12 am

^ Reminded you of spinach?

Written By: Howard on 08/01/07 at 6:54 pm

^ Reminded you of spinach?

I don't know what it reminded me of.

I also used to say weird things like "flippety noodle blop"! ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/01/07 at 6:55 pm

Once, somebody was picking on me, and I thought they'd lighten up if I said something along the lines of, "Comprehend my potato!" (As in the DEVO song "Smart Patrol".)

... They didn't.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/07 at 7:02 pm

Once, somebody was picking on me, and I thought they'd lighten up if I said something along the lines of, "Comprehend my potato!" (As in the DEVO song "Smart Patrol".)

... They didn't.

So they didn't lighten up?

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/01/07 at 7:04 pm

So they didn't lighten up?

No.

Written By: DoctorFate on 08/01/07 at 10:46 pm

"Comprehend my potato!"

"Comprehend my potato!"  >:(

"Comprehend my potato!"  >:( >:(

Nothing on Earth upsets me more than the phrase  "Comprehend my potato!"  >:( >:( >:(

Come back Meat! If you dare!  >:( >:( >:(

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/ak.gif
Prepareing the meat!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/behead.gif
Sliced meat!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/hanged.gif
Hanging the meat!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/greenchainsaw.gif
More slicing and dicing of the meat!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/ketten.gif

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smileydies.gif
Tenderising the meat!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/violent4.gif
Microwaving the meat!

That'll teach him!

;D

Written By: Howard on 08/02/07 at 3:43 pm

Or don't forget "Beat The Meat". ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/02/07 at 6:51 pm

Apparently, I'm so abnormal that nobody believes I don't take drugs.

Written By: spaceace on 08/02/07 at 7:03 pm

Apparently, I'm so abnormal that nobody believes I don't take drugs.

You're all ready kind of hippyish, drugs would only ruin your natural ability. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/03/07 at 11:53 am

I have really hot coffee during the summertime,I shouldn't do that.

Written By: DoctorFate on 08/03/07 at 11:59 am

Or don't forget "Beat The Meat". ;D

How'd I miss that one How'd? <-  :P  ;D

I must have been to busy 'slapping the salami'  :o ;D

We'll eat meat! again, don't know where don't know when ........... :D

Written By: Howard on 08/03/07 at 12:02 pm

How'd I miss that one How'd? <-  :P  ;D

I must have been to busy 'slapping the salami'  :o ;D

We'll eat meat! again, don't know where don't know when ........... :D

or jerkin the chicken. ;D

Written By: DoctorFate on 08/03/07 at 12:05 pm

or jerkin the chicken. ;D

I object to that joke ^  >:( >:(

very distasteful . ...  >:(

In fact I find it fowl!  :D

Written By: Howard on 08/03/07 at 12:06 pm

I object to that joke ^  >:( >:(

very distasteful . ...  >:(

In fact I find it fowl!  :D

In what way? ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 08/13/07 at 11:30 am

I think this one has to be right up there in terms of abnormality .... I just tried to do this:

Send report
Unable to find member 'doctorfate'.

New Message New Message
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
One or more 'to'-recipients could not be found.
To:   Find Members Find Members

It was nice knowing you DoctorFate. Goodbye! :\'( :\'( :\'(

:D ;D :D (Yes ... now I know I'm mad ... sending a farewell PM to myself!). :D ;D :D

Written By: Howard on 08/13/07 at 4:21 pm

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/18/07 at 5:01 pm

It looks like that no strange member has posted here for somewhile

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/18/07 at 7:08 pm

Is it just me, or was there a lot between this post and the last that's now missing?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/19/07 at 12:41 am

Is it just me, or was there a lot between this post and the last that's now missing?
I normally keep will away from pepper

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/19/07 at 3:07 pm

I have the habit of running through comedy routines, when I'm nervous.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/20/07 at 9:37 am

I normally keep will away from pepper

:P That makes no sense to me, but I'll go with it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/07 at 10:15 am

:P That makes no sense to me, but I'll go with it.
Pepper on my food, etc.

Written By: Howard on 08/20/07 at 3:52 pm

I tend to repeat myself sometimes.  ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/25/07 at 10:03 pm

It's not strange to repeat yourself, Howard.

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/25/07 at 10:03 pm

It's not strange to repeat yourself, Howard.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/07 at 6:40 am

You did that on purpose. ;D

Written By: KKay on 08/26/07 at 6:43 am

i play with my ears
i open my eyes wide when i'm thinking

Written By: Howard on 08/26/07 at 6:46 am

My Father noticed this morning that I cut a long sleeve shirt to make it look short sleeved.

Written By: KKay on 08/26/07 at 6:47 am

did yo udo a good job? was it even?

Written By: Howard on 08/26/07 at 6:50 am

did yo udo a good job? was it even?

No,It wasn't it.My father said it looked stupid. ;D

Written By: KKay on 08/26/07 at 7:15 am

No,It wasn't it.My father said it looked stupid. ;D

well, don't wear it to work today ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/26/07 at 9:30 am

You did that on purpose. ;D
;)

Written By: Tia on 08/26/07 at 12:14 pm

My Father noticed this morning that I cut a long sleeve shirt to make it look short sleeved.
i cut the sleeves off of t-shirts a lot to make them sleeveless. gives me a nice white-trash look for when i go to the gym so people don't bother me.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/26/07 at 8:47 pm

Talk to keep yourself occupied, regardless of who else is around.

Written By: Howard on 08/27/07 at 6:26 am

well, don't wear it to work today ;D

I did.

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/27/07 at 10:11 am

at work today, I noticed something I do that is not normal and I only do it when I am by myself on the elevators and it's goofy as heck.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil6.gif  When I arrive at my desired floor, before the door opens I verbally command it to open as if I'm Captain Kirk aboard the Starship Enterprise.

I sometimes say 'Open Sesame' and pretend I am magically opening it with a gesture of my hands! lol

^ And yes, there's nothing wrong with singing while walking.etc...except in certain social situations.etc, but if I'm walking down the street etc it just makes me feel happier and makes
the walk go by. I think I'm addicted to singing...

Sometimes I just make really goofy/camp body movements for the hell of it - well I'm deliberately being camp, it's not as if I'm unaware of how stupid I look! lol

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/27/07 at 10:21 am

When I have karaoke equipment that fouls up, if I can't get it to work in an orthodox manner, I tend to bench-thump it like Dr. Who pounding on the TARDIS controls.

Written By: Green Lantern on 08/27/07 at 10:49 am

When I have karaoke equipment that fouls up, if I can't get it to work in an orthodox manner, I tend to bench-thump it like Dr. Who pounding on the TARDIS controls.

Dr. Who? Who did you say? Who did you mean? Oh.. Dr. Who! Why didn't you say that!

Wasn't he that guy who always got into fights with those Daleks? I bet with your dulcet tones .. you'd soon soothe those savage beasts. Maybe even get them dancing?

http://regmedia.co.uk/2004/08/09/dancing-dalek.gif
"Dancing queen ... feel the beat"

You'll have to rename yourself 'HawkTheDalekSlayer!
:D ;D :D

Written By: Howard on 08/27/07 at 3:46 pm

I can make my nose whistle.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/27/07 at 9:35 pm

Dr. Who? Who did you say? Who did you mean? Oh.. Dr. Who! Why didn't you say that!

Wasn't he that guy who always got into fights with those Daleks? I bet with your dulcet tones .. you'd soon soothe those savage beasts. Maybe even get them dancing?

"Dancing queen ... feel the beat"

You'll have to rename yourself 'HawkTheDalekSlayer!

-LMAO- I have never seen something so off-da-wall!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/21/07 at 1:02 am

Now the Daleks can walk up stairs, and do not have to use a leviation system.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/21/07 at 3:04 am

Hmmmm....the Daleks meet Rocky Horror????? :o

Written By: Howard on 09/21/07 at 2:25 pm

I scratched myself down there while not even realizing it talking to my job coach. :-[ ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...