inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The hills are live with the Sound of Music - 24/7

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/18/07 at 10:41 am

A TV channel screening The Sound of Music non-stop has been launched in Salzburg, Austria where the movie was filmed.

The Julie Andrews classic will be shown in hotels and guesthouses 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year round.

Hundreds of thousands of tourists travel to the city each year hoping to soak up the atmosphere of the 1965 film which is virtually unknown in Austria.

It was decided to pump it out around the clock on a TV channel for subscribers such as hotels and guest houses after 70% of tourists said in a survey they went to Salzburg purely because of the film.

Subject: Re: The hills are live with the Sound of Music - 24/7

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/07 at 10:44 am

I do like the movie but 24/7? Sounds like overkill if you ask me.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 07/18/07 at 10:52 am

A good movie, but all the time non-stop is definate overkill.  They should also show clips of the European Vacation spoof ..

"The hills are alive with the sound of Grizzwold.  This sh*t's been around for a very long time" ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/18/07 at 1:08 pm

I do like the movie but 24/7? Sounds like overkill if you ask me.

Cat

That's what I was thinking!

The Sound Of Music is my all-time favorite movie, but there's no way I could watch it 24/7!  :o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/19/07 at 12:52 am

I boycotted this film for a long time & I don't know why. maybe it was a chick film thing & then my dear sweet daughter requested I watch it with her when she was about 7 yrs old and I liked the film, especially because my mom lived in Austria for a few years and my sister was born there and Julie Andrews is the hottest Nun on the planet.

I think people that stay in Austria and are exposed to The Sound Of Music 24/7 will never watch that film again after they leave.

Written By: NbC on 07/19/07 at 3:57 am

I never cared for the movie and I thought showing it during the holidays each year was bad enough....24/7 Sounds Of Torture. 

But then again it is just one channel.  They will tune in once just to get the feel of the movie and physically being where the movie was made.  If it works, why not. 

Check for new replies or respond here...