inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pierce Brosnan to narrate Thomas the Tank Engine series

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/19/07 at 5:27 pm

Actor Pierce Brosnan has signed on as the narrator of Thomas the Tank Engine - a role previously taken by ex-Beatle Ringo Starr and US star Alec Baldwin.

The former James Bond actor said he was "thrilled" to take part in such a "beloved" programme and "follow in the shoes of so many famous names".

Brosnan will make his debut in Thomas and Friends: The Great Discovery - a DVD to be released in autumn 2008.

The 54-year-old will narrate three DVD specials and three TV series.

"One of my fondest memories as a father was sharing the stories of Thomas the Tank Engine and watching the series with my children when they were young," he said.

The Irish star said he was delighted to be "helping introduce Thomas and friends to many more generations of children".

Subject: Re: Pierce Brosnan to narrate Thomas the Tank Engine series

Written By: whistledog on 07/19/07 at 6:01 pm

I wonder will he appear on the series like George Carlin, Ringo Starr and Alec Baldwin did, or will he just do the voiceovers?

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/19/07 at 6:50 pm

Maybe he'll make it a bit more interesting.  :D

Written By: whistledog on 07/19/07 at 7:10 pm

The name is "Tank Engine, Thomas the Tank Engine".  I like my coal shaken, not stirred :D

Written By: Howard on 07/19/07 at 7:36 pm

But he'll sound too British.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/19/07 at 8:00 pm

But he'll sound too British.

Thomas The Tank Engine is British.  It was created by a man named Reverend W. Awdry, he lived in England.

Check for new replies or respond here...