inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stupid Stories

Written By: La Roche on 07/23/07 at 10:13 pm

Now, I'm sure there's been loads of threads like this before.. but earlier today me and an old friend of mine were e-mailing back and forward, I only caught up with him a couple of weeks ago after being out of touch for about 4 years so we were having a laugh talking about people from the past.

Anyway, we both knew somebody called Andy (a different one), who we all called Gorm, because he was so Gormless.

Here's the basic transcript from my e-mail to Tom.

His cat died and he was so mashed he didn't notice for nearly 3 days..
Right, MORE GORMFISH! Once, before the end of year Physics exam, he burnt his book, because he decided that it was far more use to do an experiment with fire.. than actually know anything.
He once did a choker and got so light-headed that he fell straight forwards in to the canal.
He turned up on his first day at a new job at 9 in the evening because they didn't specify which 9 it was.
He managed to flip a moped on a roundabout.
He once let us push him off a bridge in a shopping cart because he thought it'd be a laugh.
He once bought 3Lbs of Mushrooms from the grocery store because he believed me when I told him all Mushrooms could give you a trip if you ate enough.
He once hid in his attic for almost a week because he didn't want to pay Johnny who he owed about 20 notes.
He once came to school to have a nap in the library because his Dad and Step-Mum were having an argument.

Now, I make fun of him for all this, what's worse is half the time I was doing it with him.
There was the time I decided to try and sell crushed alka-seltzer tablets as cocaine in the hopes that nobody would notice before I'd got the money.
There was the time I was so stoned I ended up walking all the way to Broughton and going to sleep outside the Co-Op Supermarket.
When I answerd every answer on my Spanish GCSE as "Ole" or "Ariba".
When Instead of working on my own project in the workshop class I stole Jeevesey's, painted it black and handed it in.. about 10 minutes after he'd handed it in.
Then there was the time I made Higgins, remember him? have a total spazz because I could whistle at just the same tone as his hearing aid.

There are loads more.  ;D I'd love to hear some of yours..

Subject: Re: Stupid Stories

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/23/07 at 10:36 pm

My friend Watt and I instant messaged to each other in nothing but haiku for almost three days before we got bored/ran out of ideas.

I saved the transcript but I think I lost the file.

Written By: ADH13 on 07/24/07 at 12:48 am

I doubt I can top even the tamest of yours, Andy...

But back in the day before the internet, we had these local BBS's (kind of like mini chatrooms/message boards, and most of the members lived in the same area so most of us became friends in real life...but we had screen names (then called handles) nonetheless...

So there was a friend of mine who went by Oreo.  (cause he's half black & half white)  and at the time he was about my age (19 or 20) and he was dating a 15 year old girl.  I used to always give them a bad time by singing the beginning of the Oreo Cookie jingle "Who's that kid with the oreo cookie" just as a reference to the fact that he was with someone so young...

Well I hadn't heard from him in many many years, and I found his myspace...saw that he's married now (not to the same girl) and has kids... so I thought it'd be funny to send him a link to that commercial on youtube..so i added it as a comment on his myspace right away...  I was thinking he'd probably get a kick out of it...

Then I listened to it again and I wanted to kick myself.  Im sure his wife will be thrilled when she listens to it:

Who's that kid with the Oreo cookie
Dunking all the crunchy chocolate
Licking all the creamy middle
Oh it's hard to hide the kid inside
When you're eating O-R-E-O  :-[

Written By: La Roche on 07/24/07 at 12:58 am

I doubt I can top even the tamest of yours, Andy...

But back in the day before the internet, we had these local BBS's (kind of like mini chatrooms/message boards, and most of the members lived in the same area so most of us became friends in real life...but we had screen names (then called handles) nonetheless...

So there was a friend of mine who went by Oreo.  (cause he's half black & half white)  and at the time he was about my age (19 or 20) and he was dating a 15 year old girl.  I used to always give them a bad time by singing the beginning of the Oreo Cookie jingle "Who's that kid with the oreo cookie" just as a reference to the fact that he was with someone so young...

Well I hadn't heard from him in many many years, and I found his myspace...saw that he's married now (not to the same girl) and has kids... so I thought it'd be funny to send him a link to that commercial on youtube..so i added it as a comment on his myspace right away...  I was thinking he'd probably get a kick out of it...

Then I listened to it again and I wanted to kick myself.  Im sure his wife will be thrilled when she listens to it:

Who's that kid with the Oreo cookie
Dunking all the crunchy chocolate
Licking all the creamy middle
Oh it's hard to hide the kid inside
When you're eating O-R-E-O  :-[

HAHAHA!!  ;D ;D He'll be lucky if the police don't end up over there!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...