inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Google Search Result...

Written By: Davester on 07/30/07 at 12:51 am

A simple google search brought me some news last night that I wanted to share with you...

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:37p0WTFhXYkJ:www.pueblochieftain.com/metro/1121407200/33/sea+%22Joshua+Warren+Gifford%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=opera

Sfroll to yellow highlighted name...

Joshua was Daniel Lee, my son, whom I consented to let Susan and Steve adopt almost 20 years ago.  They were unable to have children of their own.  In my view it was the best of the available options considering the situation at that time.  It's a long story...

I feel a measure of detatchment since I played no practical role in raising him since the age of 3 yrs. yet, as the identity became clear my denial turned to horror...

I don't think a day has passed, in nearly 20 years, without him entering my thoughts.  I've often fantasized about meeting him one day even though I had no idea where in the world he and his family could be.  It was a sustaining thought; warm, comfortable and secure.  He was in Colorado, so close...

He was a young man of 18 years.  At the moment I don't know the cause and circumstances of his death, but I have filed all the proper forms and have ordered a copy of his death certificate.  Another obit states (which I am unable to link to...), simply, that he died at his home on July 13th, 2005.  I'm assuming he hadn't left the nest, yet.  Accident?  Foul play?  Suicide?  Sickness?  What could it be..?  I'll have to wait for the certificate...

I regret that an obituary was my only means of finally locating his whereabouts.  A sick joke - a euphoria people are said to experience just before they drown.  I wonder if he wondered who his biological parents were.  I wonder if he knew the story.  I wonder if he cared.  I wonder if he should've cared...

The world is still full of wonder.  I'll cherish each day groove ;) on...

Subject: Re: My Google Search Result...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/30/07 at 1:00 am

I understand that feeling of detachment Davester. It's very sad news and a hard way to find out about Joshua/Daniel Lee, through an obit. I'm sure he would have liked you much, if he'd gotten to meet you. thanks for sharing & we should all cherish each day. Take it Easy

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/30/07 at 11:08 am

I am so sorry for your loss, Dave. Even though you weren't a part of his life, you were still a part of him-and he was a part of you.

If you need to talk, you know where to find me. (Karma to you)

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/30/07 at 12:53 pm

I'm really sorry to hear about this, Davester. My thoughts are with you.

Written By: whistledog on 07/30/07 at 2:00 pm

Very sorry to hear Dave :(

Written By: Howard on 07/30/07 at 3:52 pm

Hope you're feeling better.

Written By: Davester on 07/30/07 at 8:18 pm

Thanks all.  I'm fine...

I think of Susan and Steve often now,  retroactive commiseration, I guess.  They were his real parents and did the tough job.  Just two great people.  I wish them my very best...

As for myself, I can now close the book on this chapter...

groove ;) on...

Check for new replies or respond here...