inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ink

Written By: La Roche on 07/31/07 at 11:44 pm

Ok, so it's going to be another trip to the ink chair for me in a couple of weeks and I'm really trying hard to decide what I want to get done.

I have a few ideas.

I already have the Three Lions England badge on my back.. and I want a couple more.

First off I'm fairly sure I'm going to get LCFC in a thick Gothic Style across my shoulder. (LCFC standing for Leicester City Football Club) but then I was going to get a bit dareing and have something interesting written somewhere.

So anyway, I was thinking of paying the final homage to Mr. Mustaine and having his most poignant words permanently written on me - "A tout le monde, a tout mes amies, je vouz aime, je dois partir." but I was trying to decide how I'd like them written and I was thinking, fairly small, obviously I don't want a paragraph in size 24 font  ;D but maybe in a spidery sort of cursive style?

Anybody think that's just too awful for words?

Subject: Re: Ink

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/31/07 at 11:53 pm

Hey, get what you want, man. It's something that will be apart of you forever..make it count. I think I'm planning on getting an new one soon too.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/31/07 at 11:55 pm

can you translate "A tout le monde, a tout mes amies, je vouz aime, je dois partir."    

Paying homage to one of your Rock heroes is cool enough. you have my blessing  8)

Written By: La Roche on 07/31/07 at 11:58 pm

can you translate "A tout le monde, a tout mes amies, je vouz aime, je dois partir."   

Paying homage to one of your Rock heroes is cool enough. you have my blessing  8)

To all the world, to all my friends, I love you, I must leave.

To me it's just the best.

Hey, get what you want, man. It's something that will be apart of you forever..make it count. I think I'm planning on getting an new one soon too.

What are you thinking of getting?

Man, it was so difficult for me when I got mine done, I have a total fear of needles, that's why I get them on my back, that way, I can't see it so it dosen't bother me.. I think the next two, one will be on my shoulder, but the other on my arm.. so I'll just have to look away.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/01/07 at 12:00 am

yeah, that's damn good. I'd get that

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/07 at 12:03 am

yeah, that's damn good. I'd get that

Plus it's french, chicks love French. I'm so glad I speak that and not Spanish... nothing personal pal, but I hated Spanish.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/01/07 at 12:07 am

Plus it's french, chicks love French. I'm so glad I speak that and not Spanish... nothing personal pal, but I hated Spanish.  ;D
none taken, I hate em both, and would rather learn German. that's a freakin sexy sounding language

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/07 at 12:09 am

none taken, I hate em both, and would rather learn German. that's a freakin sexy sounding language

I like German.

In fact, funny you should mention German. I was paying off my tuition for next semester at the University last Friday and I saw this big sign saying AR****KE! - Learn German.

You know, they were trying to be clever.

Of course, being retarded I start laughing and in my regular loud voice go "ARSEHOLE!"  ;D ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/01/07 at 12:15 am

I like German.

In fact, funny you should mention German. I was paying off my tuition for next semester at the University last Friday and I saw this big sign saying AR****KE! - Learn German.

You know, they were trying to be clever.

Of course, being retarded I start laughing and in my regular loud voice go "ARSEHOLE!"  ;D ;D
;D of course.  I figured you may already know some German. my mom spoke some German, fluently I thought along with her main language, Yugoslavian.

I need to get a tattoo on my right arm to cover up the lame little one I got when I was a teen. I'm gonna have to think about this.

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/07 at 12:23 am

;D of course.  I figured you may already know some German. my mom spoke some German, fluently I thought along with her main language, Yugoslavian.

I need to get my a tattoo on my right arm to cover up the lame little one I got when I was a teen. I'm gonna have to think about this.

What do you have there now?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/01/07 at 12:28 am

What do you have there now?
a stupid little number 13  I was 13 years old, started smoking weed, which was one of the many references to that number and we were high & my 13 year old pal Jim had just gotten his 13 year old girlfriends name tattooed on his forearm, so I need something too. It was done for me by hand, by a 13 year old kid with a sewing needle and a jar of india ink  :o 

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/01/07 at 12:39 am

I like... English...

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/01/07 at 12:40 am

a stupid little number 13  I was 13 years old, started smoking weed, which was one of the many references to that number and we were high & my 13 year old pal Jim had just gotten his 13 year old girlfriends name tattooed on his forearm, so I need something too. It was done for me by hand, by a 13 year old kid with a sewing needle and a jar of india ink  :o 

13 could be changed to "I be a stupid teen." or... something. I don't know.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/01/07 at 12:44 am

I like... English...
I got a C in English  >:(

13 could be changed to "I be a stupid teen." or... something. I don't know.
on vacation one summer I gave Julie a pen and asked her to write something over my tattoo for our week of vacation. She turned the 13 into the capital letter B and wrote Born Loser and then I had her change it to a Christian message Born Again

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/07 at 12:51 am

I got a C in English  >:(
on vacation one summer I gave Julie a pen and asked her to write something over my tattoo for our week of vacation. She turned the 13 into the capital letter B and wrote Born Loser and then I had her change it to a Christian message Born Again

Yeah.. I bet I could find a better idea.  ;D

What about...

BASTARDS! That'd be awesome.

Written By: Gis on 08/01/07 at 1:13 am

What is it with blokes and German??

My sister has the same problem a syou Mike she has two tats she needs covering. One is a cutesy little dragon she had done when she was about 17 and now hates cos it's so not her. The other is a unicorn head on her ankle that was done so badly it's a mess and looks like a goat.  ;D I always tease her about her goat.

As to me I have had my design for about 5 years now but I'm too scared to go and have it done.  :-[

Andy have you checked out some fonts on the internet? or go and see what the tattooist has in his book that he can do, you don't want him messing up........

Written By: danootaandme on 08/01/07 at 5:53 am

As to me I have had my design for about 5 years now but I'm too scared to go and have it done.  :-[

Have it painted on.  Personally, having permanent tats is just to....permanent.  I have known too many who have the tats 30 years later and they look just awful, you know, when the skin loses its elasticity and the colors sag and fade, and hair grows in places you didn't think it would.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/07 at 6:30 am

Ok, so it's going to be another trip to the ink chair for me in a couple of weeks and I'm really trying hard to decide what I want to get done.

I have a few ideas.

I already have the Three Lions England badge on my back.. and I want a couple more.

First off I'm fairly sure I'm going to get LCFC in a thick Gothic Style across my shoulder. (LCFC standing for Leicester City Football Club) but then I was going to get a bit dareing and have something interesting written somewhere.

So anyway, I was thinking of paying the final homage to Mr. Mustaine and having his most poignant words permanently written on me - "A tout le monde, a tout mes amies, je vouz aime, je dois partir." but I was trying to decide how I'd like them written and I was thinking, fairly small, obviously I don't want a paragraph in size 24 font  ;D but maybe in a spidery sort of cursive style?

Anybody think that's just too awful for words?

Sounds too morbid.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/01/07 at 1:01 pm

What are you thinking of getting?

Man, it was so difficult for me when I got mine done, I have a total fear of needles, that's why I get them on my back, that way, I can't see it so it dosen't bother me.. I think the next two, one will be on my shoulder, but the other on my arm.. so I'll just have to look away.  ;D

Oh, that's cool...that would be a rad tattoo! ;)

My next one(s) are going to be pink and black stars on my feet. One on each foot, actually. I think I am gonna get those retro looking stars (the ones that you see in retro 50's astro looking martini bar kinda things). Then, if I ever get a third one..I am getting a fairy (with butterfly wings) stretched across my upper back. :)

Written By: Jessica on 08/01/07 at 1:02 pm

I want a tattoo, just don't have the fundage. I've narrowed down the design and stuff, just have to wait. :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/01/07 at 1:03 pm

I want a tattoo, just don't have the fundage. I've narrowed down the design and stuff, just have to wait. :P

Yes, it sucks that they cost so much. My cousin is a tattoo artist (very good one)...I think I might hit him up and see if he can do one cheap for me! LOL! :P I don't see him very often though...we aren't very close.

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/07 at 1:11 pm

Andy have you checked out some fonts on the internet? or go and see what the tattooist has in his book that he can do, you don't want him messing up........

I draw everything myself.. it usually makes it more expensive, but personally.. for me, I prefer it because a) I did it, it's mine.. and b) I'm a proper good little artist.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/07 at 1:13 pm

Sounds too morbid.

Of course Howard.. but it's joy and sorrow.

Oh, that's cool...that would be a rad tattoo! ;)

My next one(s) are going to be pink and black stars on my feet. One on each foot, actually. I think I am gonna get those retro looking stars (the ones that you see in retro 50's astro looking martini bar kinda things). Then, if I ever get a third one..I am getting a fairy (with butterfly wings) stretched across my upper back. :)

I always said I'd have an eagle on the other side of my back.. but every time I'd draw one it'd come out looking like the Third Reich eagle.. and even I'm not that much of a mentalist.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/01/07 at 1:17 pm

I always said I'd have an eagle on the other side of my back.. but every time I'd draw one it'd come out looking like the Third Reich eagle.. and even I'm not that much of a mentalist.  ;D

If you are ever in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area...and you decide that you want a tattoo...you have to go to my cousin's shop. I will try and find some of his work and post it for you...he's really very good (been doing it for YEARS).

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/07 at 1:18 pm

If you are ever in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area...and you decide that you want a tattoo...you have to go to my cousin's shop. I will try and find some of his work and post it for you...he's really very good (been doing it for YEARS).

Yeah, I'd love to see.

My thing is.. I wouldn't want somebody elses's idea.. or even their interpretation of the idea on me. I like to draw exactly what I want and get that.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/01/07 at 1:30 pm

Yeah, I'd love to see.

My thing is.. I wouldn't want somebody elses's idea.. or even their interpretation of the idea on me. I like to draw exactly what I want and get that.

oh ya...you could definitely bring in a sketch/idea. Here's his myspace page..he has some of his artwork on there....some of it's good..I"ve even seen better. My sister got a few tattoos from him, and they are awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/vegastartattoo 

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/07 at 2:38 pm

oh ya...you could definitely bring in a sketch/idea. Here's his myspace page..he has some of his artwork on there....some of it's good..I"ve even seen better. My sister got a few tattoos from him, and they are awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/vegastartattoo 

I love this -

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=62161621&albumID=544810&imageID=2170892

Written By: Gis on 08/01/07 at 2:40 pm

I draw everything myself.. it usually makes it more expensive, but personally.. for me, I prefer it because a) I did it, it's mine.. and b) I'm a proper good little artist.  ;D
Oh yeah I agree with that but when it comes to writting it's only as good as the tattooist who does it. I guess if you have it on acetate they could trace over it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/01/07 at 6:20 pm

Yeah.. I bet I could find a better idea.  ;D

What about...

BASTARDS! That'd be awesome.
Andy, we have a different idea of what awesome is  ;D

What is it with blokes and German??

My sister has the same problem a syou Mike she has two tats she needs covering. One is a cutesy little dragon she had done when she was about 17 and now hates cos it's so not her. The other is a unicorn head on her ankle that was done so badly it's a mess and looks like a goat.  ;D I always tease her about her goat.

blokes just love the sound of chicks that speak German, especially if they are wearing black leather, but English accents are quite nice too.    you should go do it, in fact we should all get em done together, some sort of inthe00s group Tat

Written By: Howard on 08/01/07 at 6:36 pm

What do you like about Megadeth? ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/01/07 at 9:16 pm

I love this -

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=62161621&albumID=544810&imageID=2170892

ya, that is definitely cool! 8)  He does great black/white and pastels too...my sis got a sprite/fairy on her arm...all in pastels...it looks really neato.

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/07 at 11:28 pm

ya, that is definitely cool! 8)  He does great black/white and pastels too...my sis got a sprite/fairy on her arm...all in pastels...it looks really neato.

Bizarrely enough, I think I know the one you mean.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/07 at 11:30 pm

What do you like about Megadeth? ???

Apart from them being the best band in the world?

There are sum things that just sum it all up so well, I think we had this discussion when we were talking about your brother.. saying that although you know.. people go, they're still with us and we can still love them.. and miss them, but we don't need to be sad, it's ok, it's natural, life goes on and they'll always be with us.

To me, what Dave say's throughout is just so perfect, so.. f**kin.. accurate, just hits the spot, I can't help but pay homage.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/01/07 at 11:55 pm

Bizarrely enough, I think I know the one you mean.  ;D

have you seen a picture of it? ???

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/07 at 11:57 pm

have you seen a picture of it? ???

Yer, she was standing next to Beth.. she's got quite a few right?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/02/07 at 12:06 am

Yer, she was standing next to Beth.. she's got quite a few right?

ya...on her upper arm...she has several...she has one on the inside of her wrist...she has a ring tattooed on her finger...I'm not sure what else.

Written By: Gis on 08/02/07 at 3:28 am

blokes just love the sound of chicks that speak German, especially if they are wearing black leather, but English accents are quite nice too.    you should go do it, in fact we should all get em done together, some sort of inthe00s group Tat
That would be funny, would chucky want us all to have the logo done though??

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/03/07 at 4:04 pm

I think German sounds like a bunch of farm animals!

My husband is getting a new tattoo as I type this.  He's getting a buffalo head thing on his chest.  It's the symbol of his favorite hockey team.  He has a bunch of tattoos - one arm is covered from elbow to shoulder and the other arm has two on it.  He is also getting a pig on that arm for me.  Yes, a pig.  I collect pig stuff and they are my favorite animal.  He was also born in the year of the boar so it is fitting.  I have two butterflies on my right foot - I posted a picture of them just the other day.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/03/07 at 4:48 pm

I think German sounds like a bunch of farm animals!

so what's wrong with that?

Written By: La Roche on 08/03/07 at 8:28 pm

Exactly.

I think German is sexy.. but then, I find mud and truffles endearing.

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/04/07 at 4:02 pm

Davey,be careful about written tattoos,they love to mess words up,you may end up with exactly the opposite of what you want :o

I did a temporary one once,and good thing it wasn't permanent,i got tired of it after a week ::)

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/04/07 at 4:08 pm

I don't have any, I would like to get a small one.  I think it would be my kids' initials.  However all the tattoo places around here are pretty damn scary and the guys who work there are gross.  Now, if I could fly to L.A. and get Kat Von D to tattoo me I might get a bigger one.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 08/05/07 at 4:30 pm

Davey,be careful about written tattoos,they love to mess words up,you may end up with exactly the opposite of what you want :o

I did a temporary one once,and good thing it wasn't permanent,i got tired of it after a week ::)

I know!

I'm thinking.. small.. squiggly.. so it dosen't matter so much.  ;D ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/06/07 at 8:44 pm

Nothing, nothing...just an observation...

I don't have any, I would like to get a small one.  I think it would be my kids' initials.  However all the tattoo places around here are pretty damn scary and the guys who work there are gross.  Now, if I could fly to L.A. and get Kat Von D to tattoo me I might get a bigger one.   ;D

One thing I noticed about where I got mine done was the fact that it was so nice and clean.  And the guy that did it is totally clean cut - if I saw him on the street I never would guess he was a tattoo artist.  I think now that tattoos have become more mainstream, so have a lot the studios. 

Check for new replies or respond here...