inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did I do the right thing?

Written By: loki 13 on 08/02/07 at 7:55 pm

A coworker's wife is doing a 3 day breast cancer walk. He feels funny asking people for money to sponsor her so
he comes up with creative ways to raise the money. This year he held a 50-50, 5 dollars gets you 6 tickets, He
collected $200. When I bought my 50-50 tickets I told him to keep them and if I won his wife could have the
whole pot. The drawing is tomorrow and the rest of my coworkers say I'm nuts for giving up the chance at a quick
$100. I will not ask for the tickets but, did I do the right thing?

Subject: Re: Did I do the right thing?

Written By: esoxslayer on 08/02/07 at 8:13 pm

A coworker's wife is doing a 3 day breast cancer walk. He feels funny asking people for money to sponsor her so
he comes up with creative ways to raise the money. This year he held a 50-50, 5 dollars gets you 6 tickets, He
collected $200. When I bought my 50-50 tickets I told him to keep them and if I won his wife could have the
whole pot. The drawing is tomorrow and the rest of my coworkers say I'm nuts for giving up the chance at a quick

Thats not nuts at all...nice job...very admirable on your part....

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/02/07 at 8:15 pm

your decision to let her keep any winnings is a good thing, especially since she'd doing the walk. hopefully she wins. you contributed to the raffle which you probably would have done, prize or no prize.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/02/07 at 8:31 pm

I knew I worked with a bunch of cads.  ;D

You're right Mike, I would have donated anyway. For me it was never a question to hand over the tickets
but when everyone started chiding me I started to question whether I was doing the right thing.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/02/07 at 10:28 pm

Kevin...karma to you for that good deed. If I had more money, that is one organization I would support, as my mother, grandma, and aunt are ALL breast cancer survivors. You did a good thing. ;)

Written By: whistledog on 08/02/07 at 10:50 pm

That is a very good deed that you did :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/02/07 at 11:14 pm

I think you did a wonderful thing. Very, very nice!  :) :) :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/07 at 12:25 pm

I think you have shown your co-workers what its like to be generous and if they are too shallow to follow your lead, than ignore them. Karma to you.

Cat

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 08/03/07 at 2:25 pm

Shame on them for being so callous.  I commend you for doing the right thing.  Even if the person insisted I take the tickets, if I won, I'd turn around and donate the winnings right back in their name. O0

Written By: Tam on 08/03/07 at 2:26 pm

I think you have shown your co-workers what its like to be generous and if they are too shallow to follow your lead, than ignore them. Karma to you.

Cat

I echo that statement!
It is so refreshing to know that there are still people in this world that aren't self-absorbed and self-serving!
Karma to you Kevin!

(and now I hope you win so that none of your co-workers get to walk away with the extra cash!)  ;D 8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/03/07 at 3:54 pm

Here's another Karma from me - you did more than the right thing!  Like Cat said, I hope your co-workers will learn from your example!

Written By: loki 13 on 08/03/07 at 8:14 pm

Thanks all, bad news, my tickets didn't win, oh well.  :(

One of the office workers hit and yes, he took the money.

Check for new replies or respond here...