inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Farmer aims high to escape crocs

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/07 at 3:40 am

From BBC News Online

An Australian farmer has described how he spent seven days up a tree in remote bushland to escape crocodiles.

David George, 53, said he was forced to take such drastic action after he accidentally strayed into a crocodile-infested area of Queensland.

He only had two meat sandwiches to keep him going, as crocodiles moved beneath his tree each night until his rescue.

Mr George said he decided it was safer to hold out for a rescue team than try to make a run for it.

His problems began after he fell off his horse while out in the northern Australia outback.

Read more here.

Subject: Re: Farmer aims high to escape crocs

Written By: KKay on 08/15/07 at 6:51 am

That story was crazy.

His problems began after he fell off his horse while out in the northern Australia outback.

If I hadn't seen the crocs circling me... I would have made a push for it. But I knew the safest thing was for me to sit tight and wait
David George

Dazed and bleeding, he climbed back on his horse and hoped it would lead him home. It was only when he regained his senses he realised he had been taken deep into a crocodile-infested swamp.

I hope the horse was OK.  how did he not know?

Check for new replies or respond here...