inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What your favorite color means

Written By: KKay on 08/22/07 at 5:08 pm

http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/color/a/symbolism.htm

on the bottom of the page, you can click on a color and find the meaning.
if you find a better source of info, please post it here!  This is not as complete as I'd like.

My fave is orange.

"Orange is vibrant. It's a combination of red and yellow so it shares some common attributes with those colors. It denotes energy, warmth, and the sun. But orange has a bit less intensity or aggression than red, calmed by the cheerfulness of yellow."

Subject: Re: What your favorite color means

Written By: Step-chan on 08/22/07 at 6:16 pm

Mine is Purple.

Purple is royalty. A mysterious color, purple is associated with both nobility and spirituality. The opposites of hot red and cool blue combine to create this intriguing color.

I actually have 5 favorite colors: Purple, Blue, Green, Silver and Black. Although Purple edges out as my most favorite.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/22/07 at 6:26 pm

Here are my other favorite's descriptions:

Blue: Blue is calming. It can be strong and steadfast or light and friendly. Almost everyone likes some shade of the color blue.

Green: Green is life. Abundant in nature, green signifies growth, renewal, health, and environment. On the flip side, green is jealousy or envy (green-eyed monster) and inexperience.

Silver: Silver, especially a shiny, metallic silver, is cool like gray but livelier, more playful. Silver can be sleek and modern or impart a feeling of ornate riches.

Black: Considered the negation of color, black is conservative, goes well with almost any color except the very dark. It also has conflicting connotations. It can be serious and conventional. The color black can also be mysterious, sexy, and sophisticated.

Written By: Howard on 08/22/07 at 6:27 pm

Mine is Black.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/22/07 at 7:09 pm

My favorite color has been yellow for some time, and this is what they said about it:

Hope and Happiness: Yellow is sunshine. It is a warm color that, like red, has conflicting symbolism. On the one hand it denotes happiness and joy but on the other hand yellow is the color of cowardice and deceit.

Nature of Yellow: Yellow is one of the warm colors. Because of the high visibility of bright yellow, it is often used for hazard signs and some emergency vehicles. Yellow is cheerful.

Culture of Yellow: For years yellow ribbons were worn as a sign of hope as women waited from their men to come marching home from war. Today, they are still used to welcome home loved ones. Its use for hazard signs creates an association between yellow and danger, although not quite as dangerous as red.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/22/07 at 8:01 pm

"Orange is vibrant. It's a combination of red and yellow so it shares some common attributes with those colors. It denotes energy, warmth, and the sun. But orange has a bit less intensity or aggression than red, calmed by the cheerfulness of yellow."

Green: Green is life. Abundant in nature, green signifies growth, renewal, health, and environment. On the flip side, green is jealousy or envy (green-eyed monster) and inexperience.

Written By: NbC on 08/22/07 at 9:13 pm

RED

Love and War:  Red is hot. It's a strong color that conjures up a range of seemingly conflicting emotions from passionate love to violence and warfare. Red is Cupid and the Devil.

Nature of Red: A stimulant, red is the hottest of the warm colors.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/22/07 at 10:21 pm

I like pink and black

Check for new replies or respond here...