inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Finally, I'm back.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/24/07 at 1:27 pm

So I've been in my new place for about a month now and I just now got my internet hooked up here. And it's been a little frustrating, to be honest.

I put in my work order with this guy from TimeWarner about 2 weeks ago and I've been going back and forth with him trying to get all the paperwork in order. (I'd been getting free basic cable all this time, apparently they forgot to deactivate the last tenant's account.)\

So finally the guy calls me last Friday and tells me that he's got me scheduled for Wednesday between 11 am and 2 pm. I wait around and no one shows. I leave him a message on his voice mail telling him to call me back, and he left me a message saying he'd send someone over the next day at around the same time. So I wait around yesterday and still no one shows. By now I'm starting to get a little pissed off. He calls me at work yesterday and says he'll send someone over today between 8 and 11 am. So I get up just before 8 (which is early for me since I work 4 to midnight) and I wait. And I wait. And I wait. Finally 11 o'clock comes and I'm getting really pissed. This is three days in a row that he's scheduled me to get my cable and internet hooked up and no one has showed up. I try calling the guy but there's no answer so I leave him a message telling me to call ASAP.

One of my work buddies (who lives nearby and who I've been carpooling with) called me and asked me if they came over yet. I said no, and he told me where the cable company was located so I could perhaps bypass this guy and complain about his not keeping his appointments. I  took a quick shower and was all ready to head up there and raise some hell when there was a knock on my door. It was a guy from TimeWarner that they had sent over. Not being one to shoot the messenger, I was cool to him but still a little irate. As he was installing my cable, the guy from the cable company called me back and I told him that one of their guys was here working on getting me hooked up. I also told him that the cable guy showed up 45 minutes late and he apologized profusely and offered me a $20 credit on my next bill, so that cooled me off some.

Well, the important thing is that I'm back online now (plus I did get a discount on my next cable bill) so it's all good and everything, but this whole experience has left me a little irritated. 

But enough venting.

Anyway, it's good to be back here and I look forward to shooting the sh!t with you all again.

So, did I miss anything?  ;)

Subject: Re: Finally, I'm back.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/24/07 at 1:29 pm

Hey Al! Good to have you back....glad to hear that you are all settled now.

Nah, you didn't miss too much....basically the same old. ;)

Written By: nally on 08/24/07 at 1:31 pm

Hi, AL B! Nice to see you again. O0

(karma + 1)

Written By: Howard on 08/24/07 at 2:31 pm

Good To see you back Al.  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/24/07 at 2:39 pm

Finally!!!!! AL-B has come back to inthe00s.    good thing TW offered you some credit, that does help some. good to see you back. 

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/07 at 2:39 pm

Velcome back!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/07 at 2:58 pm

Welcome back and I'm sorry about the mess you went through-but it was TimeWarner. My mother had them for cable and she was not happy with them at all-until I convinced her to go with Dish Network. You might want to look into going a different route (I know cable companies usually have monopolies-but there may be other options).

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 08/24/07 at 4:07 pm

So, did I miss anything?  ;)

You missed lots ...

Marty McFly was eaten alive by Bob Saget and Philip Eno won a breakdancing contest
:D

Welcome back Al :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/24/07 at 4:20 pm

You missed lots ...

Marty McFly was eaten alive by Bob Saget and Philip Eno won a breakdancing contest

that's minor... he missed the night I got drunk and banned everyone on the site with a stupid username.

Written By: Tam on 08/24/07 at 4:26 pm

Welcome back AL!

I have Time Warner as well, and the thing I find interesting is that the guy on the phone says he will give you a credit on your next bill but you better call your account management to confirm that it has been put in the system. I can get rather loud about things like that and it is amazing how quick they are in customer service to calm you. Better yet, I would still go down to their offices and make an in person complaint! They need to know because it is contractors that they use and if they don't get feedback on their service - they don't know! ;)

Glad to have you back around finally! We have missed you soooooooooooooo much!!!! 8)

Tam

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/07 at 5:16 pm

Great to see you back with us again.

Written By: KKay on 08/24/07 at 5:26 pm

I missed that flapping tongue.
:)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/07 at 5:29 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_7277.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/07 at 5:37 pm

that's minor... he missed the night I got drunk and banned everyone on the site with a stupid username.

Then how come most of us are still here since most of us have stupid usernames.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/07 at 5:47 pm

You missed lots ...

I certainly broke something dancing.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/24/07 at 6:32 pm

Welcome back!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/24/07 at 10:12 pm

glad to see you back

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/24/07 at 10:16 pm

Then how come most of us are still here since most of us have stupid usernames.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

I sobered up and changed my mind... can't mess with success

Written By: whistledog on 08/24/07 at 10:47 pm

That's almost everyone ;D :D

Written By: Tam on 08/24/07 at 10:57 pm

oOo and I have an answer for you Al......

rubber duckie - convoy!

DId I get it right?
Do you remember the question?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/25/07 at 6:26 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_7277.gif

I wish I had that for our toilet seat. ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/26/07 at 3:29 am

You missed lots ...

Aww, man...I always miss out on the good stuff.  :(
Welcome back AL!

I have Time Warner as well, and the thing I find interesting is that the guy on the phone says he will give you a credit on your next bill but you better call your account management to confirm that it has been put in the system. I can get rather loud about things like that and it is amazing how quick they are in customer service to calm you. Better yet, I would still go down to their offices and make an in person complaint! They need to know because it is contractors that they use and if they don't get feedback on their service - they don't know! ;)

Glad to have you back around finally! We have missed you soooooooooooooo much!!!! 8)

Tam
Yeah, and I'm still not quite done with them yet. I still have to get them to custom install another cable jack for my TV, and I'm sure they'll try and give me the same old runaround. Oh, the humanity!
It is quite addictive, no?  ;)
You mean, like, La Sine Pesroh?  ;D ;D ;D
oOo and I have an answer for you Al......

rubber duckie - convoy!

DId I get it right?
Do you remember the question?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Something to do with Kurt Russell and a blue Chevy Nova?
I wish I had that for our toilet seat. ;D
You'd have the cleanest bum in the NYC metro area, no doubt.

To everyone else: Thanks for the warm welcome back!  :) :) :)

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/26/07 at 12:35 pm

Welcome back! You were missed,Mr.B ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/26/07 at 4:10 pm

I was wondering where you got to.  Thought maybe you had been eaten up by the road.  Welcome back.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...