inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Junk email!

Written By: Green Lantern on 09/04/07 at 1:07 am

I just checked my hotmail account. Compared to other email accounts I have ... the hotmail 'junk' filter is very poor. I've marked a lot of emails/ used the report to hotmail as junk option over the last year ... yet still a lot of patently patently obvious junk .. from the subject matter/ title alone .. is getting through.

The one below is an obvious SCAM ... 'scam' written all over it! 'Email me ASAP' he wrote ... as if I was supposed to know him .. to try to get me to read it. Virtually always, I don't look at such emails ... just send them straight to the junk box. Still, I thought this one was kind of amusing. He must think I was born yesterday!  :D ;D :D

Unknown Sender Patrick Chan Email Me Asap.

Mr. Patrick Chan.
Email: (patricchan54@yahoo.com.hk)
Good Day
I am Mr. Patrick Chan, Executive Director and C.F.O of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I
have a concealed business suggestion for you.

Gen. Samir Abi Rahman who was with the Iraqi forces and also businessman made a
fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of USD$24.5 Million only in
my branch. Several maturities notices was sent to him, before the war which
began in 2003. also after the war another notification was sent and no response
came from him. We later found out that the General along with his wife and only
daughter had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home.

After more inquiry it was also discovered that this General did not declare any
next of kin in his official papers.And he also confided in me the last time he
was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. What
bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration of
5years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if
nobody applies to claim the funds.

I want you to know that I have everything planned out so that we shall come out
successful. There is no risk involved at all in this matter, as we are going
adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary
documents.

Should you be interested send me the following;Full names, private phone number,
current residential address and I prefer you reach me on my private email
address below after which I shall provide you with more details on this
operation.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Mr. Patrick Chan.
Email: (patricchan54@yahoo.com.hk)

Hey 'Patrick' ... I reckon you deserve a 'Pulitzer prize' / Nobel Literature prize ..... or the likes for your efforts!  :D

P.S. Whilst I'm here .... I use  Thunderbird version 1.5.0.13 to check my hotmail / yahoo accounts. Or I did until about a week or two back. No longer. I keep getting 'negative vibes' ... even though the entered details are correct. Have tried updating the extensions .. to no avail. Read somewhere that Microsoft had change some login code .. so don't know if everyone else is having the same prob, or just me? Have to go to hotmail site now to check the mail. Pain ... all the advertising etc; ....  :(

P.P.S. If anyone here is stupid enough to take Patrick up on his 'offer' ... I wash my hands of the whole thing .... don't sue me!

:D ;D :D

Check for new replies or respond here...