inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What TV house would you want to live in?

Written By: KKay on 09/10/07 at 10:38 pm

If i need an apartment, I'll take the modest Three's Company two-bedroom.  It had all modern conveniences and a balcony!
A house? You can't beat the Brady pad.  Full attic, two car driveway....

But remember VEGAS!??!!!  Dan Tanna could park in his living room. I thought that was COOL.

Subject: Re: What TV house would you want to live in?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/10/07 at 10:44 pm

Oh wow...I always thought that the Three's Company apartment was SO very cozy! And yes, I will have to agree...the Brady Bunch house was so awesome. We have such similiar tastes! ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/10/07 at 10:47 pm

The Full House house. Aside from getting attached to the show itself, the fact that it's based in San Francisco (which I've grown up around my whole life), made it feel like I connected with it that much more. When I started watching the show c. 1994, it was kinda cool to think they could've been like real people living only like 100 miles from me.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/10/07 at 10:50 pm

The Full House house. Aside from getting attached to the show itself, the fact that it's based in San Francisco (which I've grown up around my whole life), made it feel like I connected with it that much more. When I started watching the show c. 1994, it was kinda cool to think they could've been like real people living only like 100 miles from me.

I loved that house from the outside...oh also, the Brownstone on the Cosby show....totally pretty.

Written By: KKay on 09/11/07 at 6:34 am

Online i found all the houses of Charlie's Angels (the REAL ones, not from the movie) and I have to say Kris had it pretty good.

Written By: whistledog on 09/11/07 at 10:28 am

I always liked Valerie's house the best.  Like most sitcom houses, it had a staircase in the kitchen that went upstairs (which is awesome), but it also had a living room area (aside from their actual living room) in their kitchen because their kitchen was huge and it could fit a living room area.  They also had a nice big backyard (something you never got to see on most sitcoms) and a big front porch

Second choice would be the 'Growing Pains' house.  I loved that little greenhouse area they had in their kitchen 8)

Written By: audkal on 09/11/07 at 11:17 am

DEFINITELY the Full House house! :)  My brother and I were actually just talking last night--we both agreed that if we were the richest person in the world, we'd have our house designed exactly like the FH house, lol.

And then have an additional room designed like Jerry Seinfeld's apartment. ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/11/07 at 11:44 am

lol I was always partial to The Addams Family house, but then I am a little eccentric.

Also liked Mary Richard's Minnesota apartment.

You should check out this book at the library, it's interesting.

TV Sets: Fantasy Blueprints of Classic TV Homes by Mark Bennett

or this one

Sitcom Style: Inside America's Favorite TV Homes by Diana Friedman (I have not read this one yet)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/12/07 at 2:01 am

Online i found all the houses of Charlie's Angels (the REAL ones, not from the movie) and I have to say Kris had it pretty good.

the Angels house's are nice

I'd like to live inside Jeannie 's bottle http://www.jeanniebottles.com/images/geniebottles/jeanniebottles_bigbrass.jpghttp://www.sitemouse.com/users/genie/jean11.jpg

Written By: Howard on 09/12/07 at 6:06 am

The Bunkers.

Written By: KKay on 09/12/07 at 1:23 pm

The Bunkers.

that's kinda where i live now!  the jeannie bottle would be a step up.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/07 at 1:36 pm

If i need an apartment, I'll take the modest Three's Company two-bedroom.  It had all modern conveniences and a balcony!
A house? You can't beat the Brady pad.  Full attic, two car driveway....

But remember VEGAS!??!!!  Dan Tanna could park in his living room. I thought that was COOL.

Oh wow...I always thought that the Three's Company apartment was SO very cozy! And yes, I will have to agree...the Brady Bunch house was so awesome. We have such similiar tastes! ;)

The Brady house didn't have a toilet. Personally, I like to have a toilet in my house.  :D ;D ;D

As for me, I think I would like the Carrington house from Dynasty.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/12/07 at 4:52 pm

I also want to live in The Simpsons house. ;D

Written By: La Roche on 09/12/07 at 5:08 pm

Captain Scarlet's Cloud Base!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/12/07 at 5:57 pm

I liked the Brady Bunch house and Bewitched house. Probably Brady Bunch more because of it's coziness. I also liked the Cosby show brownstone. It looked like a warm place to live.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/12/07 at 6:14 pm

I've always wanted to live in the Swiss Family Robinson tree house SOOOO BAD!

Written By: loki 13 on 09/12/07 at 7:12 pm

The house in The Ghost & Mrs. Muir.

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/12/07 at 7:57 pm

The Brady Bunch house, the 2nd Leave It to Beaver house, or the Greatest American Hero's house.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/13/07 at 4:48 pm

Could I live on the Starship Enterprise?  Always something fun going on there.  Just as long as I don't wear a red shirt, I should be ok.  Maybe I can be the research expert for the 1980s era Earth.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/07 at 4:53 pm

Could I live on the Starship Enterprise?  Always something fun going on there.  Just as long as I don't wear a red shirt, I should be ok.  Maybe I can be the research expert for the 1980s era Earth.  ;D

It depends on which Enterprise. The first one (with Kirk at the helm), the person in the red shirt always bit the dust before the first commercial. On the Enterprise D (with Picard at the helm), many of the top officers wore red shirts.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/13/07 at 5:07 pm

It depends on which Enterprise. The first one (with Kirk at the helm), the person in the red shirt always bit the dust before the first commercial. On the Enterprise D (with Picard at the helm), many of the top officers wore red shirts.

Cat

Ah that's true.

I loved Kirk and Spock so I'd be tempted to say the Original series, but then most of the women in that era wore short skirts (and my legs are not that good looking in short skirts), so maybe...Second season Next Gen then.  Besides a holodeck would be fun!  ;D

Written By: KKay on 09/13/07 at 5:08 pm

The house in The Ghost & Mrs. Muir.

ohhhhh  nice one.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/21/07 at 3:17 am

I always fancied the house on the ranch in Dallas, especially the drinks cabnet.

Written By: whistledog on 09/21/07 at 9:17 am

I always fancied the house on the ranch in Dallas, especially the drinks cabnet.

ahh the Southfork Ranch.  Now that would be a place to live, but having all that land, cutting the grass take 8 hours ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 09/21/07 at 10:08 am

ahh the Southfork Ranch.  Now that would be a place to live, but having all that land, cutting the grass take 8 hours ;D

Yeah, but if you could afford the house, wouldn't you pay someone to cut it?

How about the house on Magnum PI?

Written By: danootaandme on 09/21/07 at 10:12 am

The Schooner Tiki from the old show Adventures in Paradise, or the lighthouse from The Ghost and Mrs Muir

Written By: KKay on 09/21/07 at 1:28 pm

I like all those, but i'll settle for Laverne and shirley's bastment apartment

Written By: Howard on 09/21/07 at 1:36 pm

Happy Days home.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/21/07 at 1:40 pm

Happy Days home.

that's a very cozy house.

I also happen to love the house on Mama's Family.....so very cozy.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/07 at 1:47 pm

that's a very cozy house.

I also happen to love the house on Mama's Family.....so very cozy.

How about living with Good Ol' cantakerous Mama? ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/21/07 at 1:54 pm

How about living with Good Ol' cantakerous Mama? ;D

hahahaa...I have a grandma that is so much like her. She doesn't look like her...but her attitude is the same..we call her, "mama" to tease her. ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/21/07 at 2:01 pm

hahahaa...I have a grandma that is so much like her. She doesn't look like her...but her attitude is the same..we call her, "mama" to tease her. ;D

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby4HzFPRGkZgAbSijzbkF/SIG=12i3fmch4/EXP=1190487667/**http%3A//www.televisionhits.com/mamasfamily/pics/outsidecast.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/21/07 at 2:06 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby4HzFPRGkZgAbSijzbkF/SIG=12i3fmch4/EXP=1190487667/**http%3A//www.televisionhits.com/mamasfamily/pics/outsidecast.jpg

there she is..ol' Mama! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...