inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Man gave dog kiss-of-life

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/21/07 at 12:28 pm

A prison officer saved his dying sniffer dog by giving him the kiss of life.

Handler Steve Tugwell, 42, leapt into action when he saw Welsh springer spaniel Frodo lying unconscious, reports The Sun.

Frodo had been play-fighting with fellow sniffer dog Patch when Patch's jaws got entangled in Frodo's collar and choked him.

Frodo appeared lifeless when Steve hacked off the collar with a knife.

He moved Frodo's tongue, which had turned purple, aside, formed a cone with his hands, and blew three times down the dog's throat.

Steve, who works at Long Lartin prison in Worcester, said: "He looked a goner. I pulled the tongue to one side, made a cone with my hands, and used the little finger of one of them to place across Frodo's nostrils.

"I blew three times down the cone and to my amazement I saw Frodo's rib cage started to move."

"It wasn't pleasant - Frodo's mouth was horribly smelly - but it saved his life and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again."

The two-year-old was rushed to a vet, made a full recovery and was back on duty two weeks later.

Check for new replies or respond here...