inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mother has 'giant' baby

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/07 at 8:27 am

A Russian woman has given birth to a baby weighing 7.75kg (17.5lbs), more than twice the average newborn weight.

The "little" girl, Nadia, was delivered by Caesarean section at a hospital in the Altai region of Siberia, joining eight sisters and three brothers.

"We were all simply in shock," reports quoted Nadia's mother, Tatyana Barabanova, 43, as saying.

"What did the father say? He couldn't say a thing - he just stood there blinking," she said.

Check out the full BBC News Online report.

Subject: Re: Mother has 'giant' baby

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/27/07 at 8:38 am

all I have to say to that is....."OUCH!" ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/27/07 at 8:40 am

Holy Horrors!

:o She had 11 kids all over 11 pounds and she kept going  :o

Written By: Tia on 09/27/07 at 9:20 am

that woman needs to be in front-line combat. i bet she could single-handedly liberate iraq.

Written By: Paul on 09/27/07 at 12:03 pm

Impressive stuff, but it still doesn't beat the record (and as the new edition of the Guinness Book is due soon, what a sweet tie-in!)

That honour goes to an Italian woman who gave birth to a boy in 1955, weighing in at a scale-busting 10.2kilos, or 22lb 8oz in old money!  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/27/07 at 12:16 pm

That was my first thought when I read this thread.

I once knew a woman-tiny thing. I think she was smaller than I am. I don't know how big her baby was when he was born but I knew she had trouble picking him up by the age of 6 months. Yeah, her husband was a BIG guy and all her sons (she had 2 others) we also big babies. Poor woman.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/27/07 at 12:58 pm

No kidding!  :o :-[

Check for new replies or respond here...