inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Threads are like pop songs

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/07 at 9:31 pm

Posting topics is sort of like a band releasing a new single.  When a lot of people reply to it and it stays on page one for weeks, it's a smash it.  When nobody replies, or just a couple of people reply, and the thread drops into the backlog, it's like having your song flop.  You put it out there hoping for the best, but sometimes it just doesn't saprk any interest and off the charts it drops!
8)

Subject: Re: Threads are like pop songs

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/02/07 at 9:36 pm

That's actually pretty accurate. ;) I've thought the same thing in a way. Another similarity could be that occasionally someone is looking through the old threads and brings it back up, gaining interest in it all over again with new and old fans. You could parallel that with going through your music collection, or a DJ spinning an album track. That reminds me of how songs from the '60s and '70s recharted in the '80s and '90s (i.e. "What a Wonderful World", "Bohemian Rhapsody").

Written By: whistledog on 10/02/07 at 11:45 pm

Now if only posts could play music when you viewed them, it could actually be a music thread :D

Written By: MLB on 10/03/07 at 8:59 pm

ok, so the REALLY popular threads are all-time classics?  It's just so much fun to revisit, no one cares when it first came out.

Check for new replies or respond here...