inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thank you!

Written By: statsqueen on 10/03/07 at 9:26 pm

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your lovely birthday wishes.  You all know how my cubicle was decorated at work (wish I knew how to post a pic here, but you got the idea).  After work I went and got an overdue haircut then took Micah to Bennigan's for dinner.  There were 2 other celebrants (of course she had to make sure the server knew it was my 40th).  However, our friend Josh was working the bar area and I'm the only one he rang the bell for.  8)

My brother called me at work this afternoon and my parents gave me a lovely card before I left their house on Sunday.

All in all, it was a wonderful birthday.  Thank you all for allowing me to share it with you and for all your warm wishes.

Subject: Re: Thank you!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/03/07 at 9:31 pm

that's really nice Amy. It sounds like your 40th birthday was painless and very enjoyable and memorable and all about you. that's sorta how mine was, but that memory is fading  ;D 

Written By: Jessica on 10/03/07 at 10:19 pm

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your lovely birthday wishes.  You all know how my cubicle was decorated at work (wish I knew how to post a pic here, but you got the idea).  After work I went and got an overdue haircut then took Micah to Bennigan's for dinner.  There were 2 other celebrants (of course she had to make sure the server knew it was my 40th).  However, our friend Josh was working the bar area and I'm the only one he rang the bell for.   8)

My brother called me at work this afternoon and my parents gave me a lovely card before I left their house on Sunday.

All in all, it was a wonderful birthday.  Thank you all for allowing me to share it with you and for all your warm wishes.

Tell me you had the Monte Cristo from Bennigan's. That thing is so sinful and good.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/07 at 6:31 am

What did you get for a present? :)

Written By: statsqueen on 10/04/07 at 8:01 am

Tell me you had the Monte Cristo from Bennigan's. That thing is so sinful and good.

Aww, sorry.  No, I haven't had pasta in a really long time, so I had the Roasted Vegetable Primavera (though I went in thinking I was going to have the French Dip).

Written By: statsqueen on 10/04/07 at 8:05 am

What did you get for a present? :)

;D  I didn't get anything for an actual present, Howard, unless you count my haircut which I don't because I needed it anyway  :) .  I didn't want my daughter spending money on me and I know my parents' situation.  What I did get was a lovely evening out with my entire family last Saturday (my brother came up from FL for the weekend and called me yesterday) and a lovely evening out with my daughter last night.  My parents gave me my card before I left their house on Sunday, so they didn't call.  It was all good.  8)

Written By: statsqueen on 10/04/07 at 8:08 am

that's really nice Amy. It sounds like your 40th birthday was painless and very enjoyable and memorable and all about you. that's sorta how mine was, but that memory is fading  ;D 

;D  ;D  I'm sure you remember it quite well, but thanks for the laugh anyway!!!!!!!  Yes, Micah made sure everyone knew it was my birthday (there were 3 of us celebrating last night apparently).  My turn for the singers was in the middle.  I was the only one the bartender rang the bell for, so I guess you could say he, too, tried to make it all about me. (He's a friend of ours and even had our beverages ready before our server went up there b/c he saw us come in).  ;D

Written By: Gis on 10/04/07 at 10:22 am

;D  ;D  I'm sure you remember it quite well, but thanks for the laugh anyway!!!!!!!  Yes, Micah made sure everyone knew it was my birthday (there were 3 of us celebrating last night apparently).  My turn for the singers was in the middle.  I was the only one the bartender rang the bell for, so I guess you could say he, too, tried to make it all about me. (He's a friend of ours and even had our beverages ready before our server went up there b/c he saw us come in).   ;D
;D I love that you have a bartender who knows your drink order before you place it.  8)

Written By: Paul on 10/04/07 at 4:51 pm

;D I love that you have a bartender who knows your drink order before you place it.  8)

My local's like that...which says a lot about how many people drink in my local!  ;)

I don't think I posted my best wishes in the main thread, but I hope it was a real special day, Amy... :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/04/07 at 7:36 pm

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...