inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Should I go see a Fortune-Teller?

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/09/07 at 6:11 pm

I'm having nothing but Bad Luck all this year and I'm thinking of seeing a phychic. Should I do that or no?

Subject: Re: Should I go see a Fortune-Teller?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/09/07 at 6:11 pm

I wouldn't waste your money. ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 10/09/07 at 6:13 pm

Not a necessary thing to do. This year(and last year) haven't been good for me either.

Written By: Howard on 10/09/07 at 6:38 pm

What do you think the psychic will tell you?  ???

Written By: Tia on 10/09/07 at 6:44 pm

i went to a street fair over the weekend to help a friend run his booth and the one next to them, there was a fortune teller doing 20 minutes of fortune for 20 bucks. i thought about going over and doing it but decided against it -- not because i think fortunetellers are (almost?) always claptrap (cuz i do) but because even if there are any who are on the level, the future is meant to unfold in its proper time. the future is a story being told to you and it's important it be told at the proper pace.

Written By: wildcard on 10/09/07 at 6:54 pm

When I go through bad times I try to find the reason behind it myself.  No one knows you as well as yourself.  

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/09/07 at 9:11 pm

this thread reminded me of a scene from the movie Pee-Wee's Big Adventure when Pee-Wee's bike is stolen and he's doing anything he can think of to find it, and he walks into a fortune-teller/psychic shop.

Madame Ruby: For twenty dollars I can tell you a lot of things. For thirty dollars I can tell you more. And for fifty dollars I can tell you *everything*.
Pee-wee: Tell me why I'm here first.
Madame Ruby: You're here because you... want something!

Amazed at her ability he hands her $50

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/09/07 at 11:27 pm

Don't bother with the fortune teller.  Even if she could predict your future, she couldn't help you out of your supposed bad luck.  Hang tight.  Things work themselves out and you don't need to pay anyone to tell you that!  ;)

Written By: Tia on 10/10/07 at 6:05 am

Don't bother with the fortune teller.  Even if she could predict your future, she couldn't help you out of your supposed bad luck.  Hang tight.  Things work themselves out and you don't need to pay anyone to tell you that!  ;)
although you certainly ARE free to pay us, if you like. ain't nobody telling you ya can't.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/07 at 6:13 am

Fortune tellers cost a lot of money,They might jip you.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/15/07 at 11:01 pm

Read up on Cold Reading and ask yourself - seriously - are there any lies we on this board couldn't tell you just as well, and for free?

If we're not good enough, and the Wikipedia article's too dry -- try the 22 minutes that went into South Park, season 6, episode 15, aka episode 615, "The Biggest Douche In The Universe".  Or you can pay psychics and other charlatans several thousand dollars to figure it out the hard way.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/15/07 at 11:12 pm

Bad luck is just coincidental.

Also, you control your life, so you can take actions that will prevent bad things from happening. You just have to figure out what makes what happen.

Check for new replies or respond here...