inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy, Happy Halloween, Halloween, Halloween...

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 10/31/07 at 5:22 pm

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Mrcsupertrain/th_MichaelMyers.jpg

Happy Happy Halloween
Sil-ver Shamrock!

How is everybody enjoying their Halloween? I've seen some cool costumes, and now I'm watching the annual Halloween movie marathon on AMC.

Take care, and watch out for anyone who looks like this:
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Mrcsupertrain/th_MichaelMyers.jpg
http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/media.canada.com/reuters/olcaent_iptc/2007-08-31t163439z_01_nootr_rtridsp_2_entertainment-boxoffice-col.jpg?size=l
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/Halloweentrio.jpg

You'll be safe as long as he's only a hulking man in a hockey mask.  ::)

Subject: Re: Happy, Happy Halloween, Halloween, Halloween...

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 10/31/07 at 6:09 pm

Nice!

And a Happy Halloween to you!

AFM- I'll be trick-or-treating with my daughter for an hour or so, then off to a concert I've been planning on for a month!

Written By: wildcard on 10/31/07 at 6:54 pm

No events in Modesto this year.  I been assigned pass out candy tonight.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 7:00 pm

It's really cool here at work. Every year many employees dress in costume & female employees dress like it's the Exotic Erotic Ball & of course they get tons of attention  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif  and there's a group of about 50 people that decorate their desks into haunted houses, and assorted halloween decor. they really get into it. but the babes that dress in whorish attire are what it's all about. oh, and the kids and the candy too.

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/31/07 at 8:39 pm

Happy Halloween!  :D :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 10:07 pm

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/07 at 10:09 pm

I worked this Halloween, but it didn't matter much to me as I never do anything on Halloween lol

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 11:02 pm

well, it's a couple of minutes after 9pm and we're geting a couple of stragglers, and a few "older kids" still hunting for candy, but it's just about over now

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 11:04 pm

well, it's a couple of minutes after 9pm and we're geting a couple of stragglers, and a few "older kids" still hunting for candy, but it's just about over now

give em' some rocks! :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 11:06 pm

give em' some rocks! :D
;D  that's a great idea, just like Charlie Brown

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 11:09 pm

;D  that's a great idea, just like Charlie Brown

yes...poor Chuck, all he got was a bag of rocks! ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/31/07 at 11:21 pm

I friggin' hate getting, like, 20-year-olds coming to get candy.

If you're old enough to drive yourself trick-or-treating, you shouldn't be trick-or-treating.
If you recieve paychecks, and can buy your own candy, you shouldn't be trick-or-treating.

And for the love of almighty God, if you absolutely HAVE to go trick-or-treating at this ungodly age, at LEAST slap a costume on your pubed-up body, you lazy sack of steaming crap.

Happy Halloween everyone..!!  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 11:22 pm

I friggin' hate getting, like, 20-year-olds coming to get candy.

If you're old enough to drive yourself trick-or-treating, you shouldn't be trick-or-treating.
If you recieve paychecks, and can buy your own candy, you shouldn't be trick-or-treating.

And for the love of almighty God, if you absolutely HAVE to go trick-or-treating at this ungodly age, at LEAST slap a costume on your pubed-up body, you lazy sack of steaming crap.

Happy Halloween everyone..!!  :D

hahahaahaha....did you pass out candy? Did you get like college jerks? ;D

Written By: wildcard on 10/31/07 at 11:26 pm

There were only two other houses on our street giving out candy.  Even less kids then before and only young kids with parents.  We have plenty of leftover candy if you want some.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/31/07 at 11:31 pm

hahahaahaha....did you pass out candy? Did you get like college jerks? ;D

Yeah, Corey and I passed out candy. We got a lot of ungrateful jerks who didn't say "Thank You", and some greedy mother effers that practically raped Corey to get to the candy faster.

He gave this one girl a piece, and like.. a second later dropped another piece. He was about to pick it up, when she, like, dove to the ground, picked it up, and ran away.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 11:35 pm

Yeah, Corey and I passed out candy. We got a lot of ungrateful jerks who didn't say "Thank You", and some greedy mother effers that practically raped Corey to get to the candy faster.

He gave this one girl a piece, and like.. a second later dropped another piece. He was about to pick it up, when she, like, dove to the ground, picked it up, and ran away.

OMG...that's so horrible..yet so funny. ;D  People make me sick. Hardly anyone was passing any out in Scottdale. Pfffft...and the ones that were..handed out crappy dum-dums...and other cheap penny candy. ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/31/07 at 11:38 pm

OMG...that's so horrible..yet so funny. ;D  People make me sick. Hardly anyone was passing any out in Scottdale. Pfffft...and the ones that were..handed out crappy dum-dums...and other cheap penny candy. ::)

Did you hand out candy?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 11:40 pm

Did you hand out candy?

no...I took Vaughn trick-or-treating. We walked all over the darn town...and hardly anyone was handing stuff out. Vaughn got very tired about an hour into it...so we trudged back home! ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/07 at 2:46 am

Happy? I had a gruesome time!

Three young called knocked on the door "Trick or Treating", announcing so in a ghoulish deep voice. I decided on treat and gave them all a packet a Sturburst.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/01/07 at 2:48 am

Happy? I had a gruesome time!

Three young called knocked on the door "Trick or Treating", announcing so in a ghoulish deep voice. I decided on treat and gave them all a packet a Sturburst.
excellent candy choice

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/07 at 2:52 am

excellent candy choice
All day yesterday, I was thinking an apple would be more suitable, for that can be used for apple bobbing later on.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/01/07 at 2:54 am

All day yesterday, I was thinking an apple would be more suitable, for that can be used for apple bobbing later on.
I bought some really good Gala apples and they're good plain, but I'd love to dip them in caramel

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/07 at 3:11 am

Someone suggested on the radio, as for a trick, serve out chocolate covered brussell sprouts.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/01/07 at 3:37 am

Someone suggested on the radio, as for a trick, serve out chocolate covered brussell sprouts.

That's revolting!

That sounds like something Davey would eat!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/07 at 3:51 am

Happy Hoildaween

Written By: Howard on 11/01/07 at 6:48 am

Halloween is just too overrated.You get tired of the same old stuff.music on the radio,candy that causes cavities,shaving cream,eggs,toilet paper and what have you.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/07 at 10:56 am

We had our usual horde of kids come to our door and they cleaned us out (we had 11 bags of candy.  :o :o :o  I usually get 10 but an extra one snuck into the basket.) Carlos did most of the handing out. I don't know who was funnier, Carlos or the kids. I think the funniest moment last night was when two little boys (I think they were twins) were both dressed like Spiderman. Carlos asked them which one was the real Spiderman and they both raised their hands. We did have a couple of "Red Sox" show up at the door (David "Big Papi" Oritz & Kevin Youkilus). Spiderman was very popular this year. There were 3 kids who showed up in clown masks and I said, "Oh look, it is the presidential candidates." Carlos laughed at that-and I think the kids did too but I couldn't tell because they had masks on. All in all, it was fun as usual. And no new kitties this year (thank goodness  :D )

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/01/07 at 10:57 am

We had our usual horde of kids come to our door and they cleaned us out (we had 11 bags of candy.  :o :o :o  I usually get 10 but an extra one snuck into the basket.) Carlos did most of the handing out. I don't know who was funnier, Carlos or the kids. I think the funniest moment last night was when two little boys (I think they were twins) were both dressed like Spiderman. Carlos asked them which one was the real Spiderman and they both raised their hands. We did have a couple of "Red Sox" show up at the door (David "Big Papi" Oritz & Kevin Youkilus). Spiderman was very popular this year. There were 3 kids who showed up in clown masks and I said, "Oh look, it is the presidential candidates." Carlos laughed at that-and I think the kids did too but I couldn't tell because they had masks on. All in all, it was fun as usual. And no new kitties this year (thank goodness  :D )

Cat

sounds like you guys had a real fun time! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/07 at 11:07 am

sounds like you guys had a real fun time! :)

Yeah, we usually do.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/01/07 at 11:30 am

We had a minimum of 200 kids trick-or-treating last night!  I'm serious, they kept coming in droves...and we finally had to close up and come inside because we'd run out of candy to hand out!!  :o

Tells you what a 'young' neighborhood I live in!  :D

Written By: nally on 11/01/07 at 11:36 am

I live in a relatively 'young' neighborhood too...but in the neighborhood I lived in before that, there were always so many trick or treaters, many of which didn't even live in the neighborhood! ::) When I was younger, I never even dreamed of going to a neighborhood other than my own to do trick-or-treating. There was one year when my dad and I went to a shopping mall to do trick-or-treating, but that's different than a neighborhood. Things have just gotten crazy in my neck of the woods over time.

Written By: Marian on 11/01/07 at 12:29 pm

I went to a block party a few feet from my house.it would have been funny if the earthquake had waited until it was time for kids to be at the door ringing the doorbell,maybe just as someone opens it to pass out the candy.That would have been TOO funny! ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 11/01/07 at 1:22 pm

We had more candy than kids this year (I was a little worried about running out as it has happened before).  We got some, but not a lot and ours ranged from babies to college kids.  We spent the hour between my getting off work and the start of trick-or-treating cleaning the smashed eggs off the front of our house.  >:(  I've never had that happen before and hope it never happens again.  It had to have happened Devil's Night, but I didn't find out until I went home for lunch (and then didn't have the time to clean it).  It wasn't fun and while I don't think the eggs were rotten, our front stoop/door ended up smelling like wet dog.  On the brighter side, Micah did a fantastic job carving her pumpkin and found her pumpkin light (it goes inside the carved pumpkin and turns different colors).  She dressed in her standby costume of some kind of spider queen (it is a long dress with a high collar and spider web designs all over).  She didn't get time to do the dramatic make up she usually does because she helped me get the egg off the house, but she didn't seem to care.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/07 at 1:33 pm

I went to a block party a few feet from my house.it would have been funny if the earthquake had waited until it was time for kids to be at the door ringing the doorbell,maybe just as someone opens it to pass out the candy.That would have been TOO funny! ;D

I'm sorry but I never think that earthquakes are funny.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/01/07 at 2:36 pm

I'm sorry but I never think that earthquakes are funny.

Cat

Neither do I...

They're very scary!  (I should know, as I lived through an 8.2 earthquake!  :o)

Written By: nally on 11/01/07 at 2:38 pm

Neither do I...

The biggest earthquake I ever lived through was the Northridge earthquake of 1994, which was magnitude 6.8 :o

They're definitely NOT a funny thing, regardless of when they occur.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/07 at 3:14 pm

Neither do I...

The biggest earthquake I ever lived through was the Northridge earthquake of 1994, which was magnitude 6.8 :o

They're definitely NOT a funny thing, regardless of when they occur.

I have been in an 6.5 one-about 20 miles or so from the epicenter. Not fun at all.

Cat

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/01/07 at 5:28 pm

I sat through an earthquake once.

It was caused by my 400 lb. sister-in-law.
(She sat down, precisely at the moment a 5.2 earthquake hit us. Being at my in-laws', they were about a mile from the epicenter.)

So, quite naturally, I blame the one I don't get along with.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/02/07 at 11:09 pm

MAKE LOVE TO ME LITTLE BOY, SO WE CAN SPEED UP THE PROCESS.

Check for new replies or respond here...