inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Inthe00s Christmas gift and card exchange

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/07 at 10:48 am

Well....it's now that time of the year. I figured that I would start a thread about it..and get this on the go. :)  If anyone is interested in participating in the Christmas gift exchange...please let us know in this thread..so that we can add you to the list. Let's say that if you are interested..please inform us by no later than Monday or Tuesday. That way, it will be ample time to obtain your person that you are going to buy for, get their gift, and send it off to them. It doesn't have to be anything big....we can set a limit of $5 or $10 (what do you guys think would be best?).

Also...last year a lot of us participated in the Christmas card exchange. I really looked forward to receiving cards in the mail, from all of you.  If you are interested in sending/receiving Christmas cards...we can exchange addresses in PM's (instead of broadcasting it on a general thread). :)

Subject: Re: Inthe00s Christmas gift and card exchange

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/07 at 11:20 am

Last year we did a "virtual" gift exchange. Are you purposing doing a REAL gift exchange?

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/07 at 11:25 am

Last year we did a "virtual" gift exchange. Are you purposing doing a REAL gift exchange?

Cat

yes...I thought that it would be a neat idea...and beings that we still have some time (since it is only the beginning of November)...I believe we could pull it off. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 1:09 pm

I'm all in!  I wanna participate in the gift exchange and I think a limit of $5-10 is cool and I wanna do the Christmas card thing too.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/09/07 at 1:20 pm

Sounds like a good ideal. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/09/07 at 3:40 pm

Sounds like a neat idea.

Written By: Tam on 11/09/07 at 7:43 pm

I'm IN! 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/07 at 9:33 pm

YAY!!! We're on a roll!! I will wait until Tuesday...and then start picking people's names randomly to match up. I will let all of you know on Wednesday via PM. :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/07 at 11:59 pm

Count me in!  I want cards tooo!

Written By: MLB on 11/10/07 at 6:43 pm

Please, PM me!! I would like to send and receive cards also. I am a very good corespondent. I will PM those above who want cards right now.   I will even purchase Chanukkah cards if applicable!  Just lemme know!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/10/07 at 7:19 pm

I would like to do the cards and also do a $5 or $10 gift, or even if you can't afford a bought gift, maybe something homemade (if you are crafty) is always appreciated in my opinion.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 7:21 pm

I would like to do the cards and also do a $5 or $10 gift, or even if you can't afford a bought gift, maybe something homemade (if you are crafty) is always appreciated in my opinion.

oh totally...I love homemade/crafty things. By all means guys...those kinds of things are always welcome! :)

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/10/07 at 7:24 pm

I'm kind of far for something like this :(  But whoever wants to send me their e-mail address will get an e-card ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 7:24 pm

I'm kind of far for something like this :(  But whoever wants to send me their e-mail address will get an e-card ;)

not necessarily girl...if someone got your name this week, coming up...they could definitely get it to you by Christmas!! :)

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/10/07 at 7:31 pm

not necessarily girl...if someone got your name this week, coming up...they could definitely get it to you by Christmas!! :)

It's not the time i'm worried about,is the post workers here >:( A card would be ok i think,but gifts are going to mysteriously dissapear :-X

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 7:48 pm

It's not the time i'm worried about,is the post workers here >:( A card would be ok i think,but gifts are going to mysteriously dissapear :-X

aww...that sucks, Isabel. It would have been awesome if you could have been involved.  :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 7:52 pm

gifts can be something small like an ornament or something from your state or country, hey that's it. refrigerator magnets from California. that's what I'm sending  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 7:52 pm

gifts can be something small like an ornament or something from your state or country, hey that's it. refrigerator magnets from California. that's what I'm sending  ;D

awesome!!!

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/10/07 at 7:54 pm

To quote the Fabulous Thunderbirds:

"Wrap it up- I'll take it!"

Written By: Henk on 11/11/07 at 1:18 am

Alrighty...I'm in for the cards exchange. :) Did that last year, so I can tell you that it will take up to three weeks for cards to arrive at either side of the pond. Just saying...make sure to send them in time. ;) PM me if you want my address (some of you may still have it from last year).

Although I heart the gifts exchange, I won't be participating. Sorry... :(

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/11/07 at 5:12 am

For those who wish to add this reality-challenged old beater to the Mailing list, PM me.

I am also respectful of other religions/holidays.

Whether it be Christmas, Kwanzaa, Chanukkah, Ramadan, or the Annual Hippie Feast, I respect 'em all.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/07 at 10:32 am

For those who wish to add this reality-challenged old beater to the Mailing list, PM me.

I am also respectful of other religions/holidays.

Whether it be Christmas, Kwanzaa, Chanukkah, Ramadan, or the Annual Hippie Feast, I respect 'em all.

Ummm-you forgot the Solstice.  ;)

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/11/07 at 10:38 am

I think Sinterklass is like early December, and it's a...Dutch thing maybe? 

Written By: Henk on 11/11/07 at 12:21 pm

I think Sinterklass is like early December, and it's a...Dutch thing maybe? 

Sinterklaas is celebrated in The Netherlands, Belgium and parts of Germany on the evening of December 5. The event commemorates the birth of Saint Nicholas, bishop of Myra (Turkey), on December 6.
The whole idea of Christmas gifts was "knicked" from Sinterklaas (b/c in US, nobody knows Sinterklaas - well, apart from Dutch immigrants of course), as is "your" Santa Claus.
Over here, Sinterklaas has so-called "Zwarte Pieten" to help him. They were mistakingly held for people of African descent (is that still a PC term?), thus being politically incorrect, and replaced by elves to help Santa.
In actual fact, the "Zwarte Pieten" are chimney sweepers...No wonder they're black.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/07 at 12:28 pm

Sinterklaas is celebrated in The Netherlands, Belgium and parts of Germany on the evening of December 5. The event commemorates the birth of Saint Nicholas, bishop of Myra (Turkey), on December 6.
The whole idea of Christmas gifts was "knicked" from Sinterklaas (b/c in US, nobody knows Sinterklaas - well, apart from Dutch immigrants of course), as is "your" Santa Claus.
Over here, Sinterklaas has so-called "Zwarte Pieten" to help him. They were mistakingly held for people of African descent (is that still a PC term?), thus being politically incorrect, and replaced by elves to help Santa.
In actual fact, the "Zwarte Pieten" are chimney sweepers...No wonder they're black.

That is very interesting.

In Puerto Rico, Three Kings Day (Jan. 6th) is an important holiday-in some ways, more so than Christmas. (That is the date when the three kings arrived in Bethlehem.)  One year we were in PR and we went to a mall after Christmas. They had a bunch of kids getting their pictures taken with the 3 kings (in very bad costumes at that)-just like they would with Santa Clause prior to Christmas. This just struck me as funny and I laugh about it.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/11/07 at 2:49 pm

Count me in for both the cards and the gifts.  Hooray!!

Written By: Henk on 11/11/07 at 3:40 pm

That is very interesting.

The tradition of Sinterklaas appears to be more widespread than I thought...Check out the Wikipedia entry on the subject.

In Puerto Rico, Three Kings Day (Jan. 6th) is an important holiday-in some ways, more so than Christmas. (That is the date when the three kings arrived in Bethlehem.)  One year we were in PR and we went to a mall after Christmas. They had a bunch of kids getting their pictures taken with the 3 kings (in very bad costumes at that)-just like they would with Santa Clause prior to Christmas. This just struck me as funny and I laugh about it.

Cat

Another interesting tradition. Thanks for sharing. :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/07 at 12:04 am

I used to love Sinterklaas....tho I have to admit Santa Claus gave better gifts  ;D. Guess under the tree holds more toys than a 6 year old's shoe  ;).

By the way "Zwarte Pieten"  used to terrify me (even more than frogs) I was always scared he was gonna harm me in some way... was he the regulator of bad kids? If you were bad he would know and make sure you got nothing?

Maybe that's where they got the idea for coal in you stocking here... if they replaces "Zwarte Pieten" with elves then maybe they used coal because "Zwarte Pieten" was black as coal...literally.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/Esto7/Sinterklaas/DSC06902.jpg

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/12/07 at 12:13 am

I used to love Sinterklaas....tho I have to admit Santa Claus gave better gifts  ;D. Guess under the tree holds more toys than a 6 year old's shoe  ;).

By the way "Zwarte Pieten"  used to terrify me (even more than frogs) I was always scared he was gonna harm me in some way... was he the regulator of bad kids? If you were bad he would know and make sure you got nothing?
Maybe that's where they got the idea for coal in you stocking here... if they replaces "Zwarte Pieten" with elves then maybe they used coal because "Zwarte Pieten" was black as coal...literally.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/Esto7/Sinterklaas/DSC06902.jpg

Wasn't aware you knew of Sinterklaas!
You aren't Dutch, I take it?

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/07 at 12:30 am

I was born in Utrecht (in the Netherlands)

My father is American (air force) my mother is dutch born in holland in April 1946. (her father was dutch and her mother from suriname.

We moved to the states in 1970-71 then my father was deployed to vietnam. My mom spoke very little english and I spoke none I learned english by watching sesame street and the electric company and romper room  and cartoons.

I still understand dutch almost fluently, although, because I don't use it much I speak very little (much to my mother's dismay) but what I learned growing up was hybred of  dutch, surinamese I didn't know this until I tried speaking dutch to someone I work with and they were like I have no idea what half of that meant.... Its the way my family speaks because there are words from Suriname they interchange for dutch words but I never knew the difference. 

In high school I took spanish. ...  I'm not fluent in that either so its pretty funny when I accidentally use all three languages (and english too) in a sentence! ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/12/07 at 12:31 am

Fascinating!

Written By: karen on 11/12/07 at 9:12 am

I'd be up for a Christmas card exchange.  I still have some addresses from last year

Written By: Gis on 11/12/07 at 10:51 am

Me too I'm in please.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/13/07 at 10:14 pm

Those who are in:

Please PM with addresses.
I have a few, but I need more, if I'm going to hold up my end of it!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/07 at 10:37 pm

Ok guys...I know it is Tuesday....I just wanted to give everybody one more day to sign onto the Christmas gift exchange..here on this thread. I will start choosing the names tomorrow....so, if you haven't told us you are interested..please do so by tomorrow morning. THanks! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/14/07 at 10:35 am

Ok...so this is the list that I have accumulated...there are a few on there that I wasn't sure if you wanted to participate in the actual gift exchange or not...so I will put your name on the list...and you can let me know for sure if you wanted on or not. :)

Quirk
Badfingerfan
Reynolds1863
Howard
Tam
Snozberries
Bookmistressforever
HawktheSlayer (wasn't sure if you said yes to this or not)
Ash
Gis (also, wasn't sure if you said yes to the gift exchange)

Let me know if I missed someone...or if I named someone that didn't want to be on here. :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/14/07 at 6:01 pm

Erin- to answer your question, refer to the 1st post I made here.
That says it all.

Also, to my fellow participants:
PM me with addresses for da cards, please 'n thankee.

Written By: statsqueen on 11/14/07 at 6:46 pm

Missed the deadline for gifts, but I would LOVE to be on the Christmas card list.

I would love to send Christmas or other celebratory cards.  If you would like a card from me, please PM me.  If it is something other than Christmas, please let me know so I can send the appropriate card.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/14/07 at 11:08 pm

Missed the deadline for gifts, but I would LOVE to be on the Christmas card list.

I would love to send Christmas or other celebratory cards.  If you would like a card from me, please PM me.  If it is something other than Christmas, please let me know so I can send the appropriate card.

If you'd still like to be on the Christmas gift exchange list...let me know by tomorrow...I'll extend it for ya! :)

Written By: Howard on 11/15/07 at 7:03 am

Ok...so this is the list that I have accumulated...there are a few on there that I wasn't sure if you wanted to participate in the actual gift exchange or not...so I will put your name on the list...and you can let me know for sure if you wanted on or not. :)

Quirk
Badfingerfan
Reynolds1863
Howard
Tam
Snozberries
Bookmistressforever
HawktheSlayer (wasn't sure if you said yes to this or not)
Ash
Gis (also, wasn't sure if you said yes to the gift exchange)

Let me know if I missed someone...or if I named someone that didn't want to be on here. :)

I apologize but I'm going to drop out of the Christmas Card Exchange this year.I'm sorry if I caused you or anyone else any inconvenience. :(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/15/07 at 7:08 am

I apologize but I'm going to drop out of the Christmas Card Exchange this year.I'm sorry if I caused you or anyone else any inconvenience. :(

no problem Howard..I'll take you name off of the list.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/07 at 7:19 am

no problem Howard..I'll take you name off of the list.

If I offended you,I'm sorry.  :-[ :(

Written By: karen on 11/15/07 at 8:10 am

Erin

I thought I'd PM'd you about being in the gift exchange.  But I might have forgotten to!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/15/07 at 8:14 am

If I offended you,I'm sorry.  :-
Erin

I thought I'd PM'd you about being in the gift exchange.  But I might have forgotten to!

Oh, I'm sorry about that Karen..I must have missed it or something. I will add you to the list. Infact, here's the updated one...

Karen
Quirk
Cat
Badfingerfan
Reynolds1863
Tam
Snozberries
Bookmistressforever
HawktheSlayer
Ash
Gis

I know I promised to have the names picked already...I was just waiting a bit longer...for any stragglers.  :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/15/07 at 3:27 pm

Gee, I'm the only man left in this thing? :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/15/07 at 7:05 pm

you and Mike!!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/15/07 at 7:21 pm

nope, there are 2 manly men

you and Mike!!
indeed. thanks Erin

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/15/07 at 10:52 pm

Ok guys...I am just about ready to pick the names....how do you think we should do this regarding the addresses? Would it be easiest to PM me all of your addresses..and then I can distribute yours to the person that gets your name??

Written By: karen on 11/15/07 at 10:54 pm

Ok guys...I am just about ready to pick the names....how do you think we should do this regarding the addresses? Would it be easiest to PM me all of your addresses..and then I can distribute yours to the person that gets your name??

That sounds a good idea

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/15/07 at 10:56 pm

yeah, that's cool

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/15/07 at 10:57 pm

Sounds good to me too.

I can't wait!  I feel like a little kid again!  :D :D :D

Written By: karen on 11/15/07 at 10:58 pm

American Greetings had Christmas cards with that picture in your avatar.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/15/07 at 11:01 pm

Ok..cool. I think I have all of your addresses (the past few of you who just posted)...there may be a few that I need...and then once I get everyone's...I will PM you your person. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/16/07 at 8:01 am

Ok guys..I went ahead and picked the names. The following people need to PM me their addresses, so that I can send them to the person that is buying their gift:

Reynolds1863
Cat
Tam

This is really fun!! We should all take pictures of the gifts that we receive..and post them here. :)

Also....those of you who are sending Christmas cards....you can just PM each other your addresses, etc. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/07 at 1:10 pm

Ok guys..I went ahead and picked the names. The following people need to PM me their addresses, so that I can send them to the person that is buying their gift:

Reynolds1863
Cat
Tam

This is really fun!! We should all take pictures of the gifts that we receive..and post them here. :)

Also....those of you who are sending Christmas cards....you can just PM each other your addresses, etc. :)

My address is:
1313 Mockingbird Lane
Gotham City, U.S.A.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/16/07 at 1:13 pm

My address is:
1313 Mockingbird Lane

Cat

haahahaha...good one, Cat!! ;)

Written By: statsqueen on 11/16/07 at 1:20 pm

My address is:
1313 Mockingbird Lane

Cat

;D  Cute, Cat!  Didn't know Batman had a wife named Lily!  ;)  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/07 at 1:30 pm

;D  Cute, Cat!  Didn't know Batman had a wife named Lily!  ;)  :P

Batman has a partner named Spot and they live in the basement.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/16/07 at 2:21 pm

My address is:
1313 Mockingbird Lane

Cat

Well then, I must respond in kind.

My address:
3618 W. 35th Street
New York City, NY
C/O Mr. N. Wolfe

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/07 at 2:41 pm

Well then, I must respond in kind.

My address:
3618 W. 35th Street
New York City, NY
C/O Mr. N. Wolfe

How about:

221 B Baker Street
London, England
c/o S. Holmes

:D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/16/07 at 11:35 pm

Ummm you all can catch me at

1630 Revello Drive
Sunnydale, California
c/o Buffy Summers...

she keeps late hours so no early deliveries please....

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/18/07 at 4:42 am

I have recently moved to the following address:

632 Old Hwy. 104- Cabin 12
Fairvale, CA.

Lovely motel...12 rooms, only 11 vacancies.

But if you hand deliver it, make sure either I or my new landlord Norman gets it.
He seems touchy about his Mother seeing it, or something.

Written By: snozberries on 11/18/07 at 12:07 pm

I have recently moved to the following address:

632 Old Hwy. 104- Cabin 12
Fairvale, CA.

Lovely motel...12 rooms, only 11 vacancies.

But if you hand deliver it, make sure either I or my new landlord Norman gets it.
He seems touchy about his Mother seeing it, or something.

;D  make sure you take a long hot shower you'll feel much better. . .

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/25/07 at 1:50 am

Got Michelle's card today!  I bought my cards yesterday and will work on them later today or maybe soon if I can drag myself off of this computer.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/25/07 at 3:47 am

Got Michelle's card today!  I bought my cards yesterday and will work on them later today or maybe soon if I can drag myself off of this computer.
me too, I got one from Michelle B last week and need to get my xmas cards in the mail, maybe since I'm off Monday, I'll do it then.

Written By: Gis on 11/25/07 at 7:19 am

How about:

221 B Baker Street
London, England
c/o S. Holmes

:D ;D ;D

Cat

Did you know this is actually a bank and they employ someone full time just to answer Sherlock's mail!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/25/07 at 2:01 pm

Did you know this is actually a bank and they employ someone full time just to answer Sherlock's mail!

No, I was not aware of that. Too funny.  I would love to read some of those letters he gets.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/25/07 at 4:30 pm

I got Michelle's about a week ago too.  My first card of the year. :)

Written By: Jessica on 11/25/07 at 4:34 pm

Anyone who wants a card from the awesome Lice family, send me a PM. :D

Can't afford the gifty part, but I'd like to send out the cards. :)

Written By: La Roche on 11/25/07 at 8:42 pm

Sorry gang, but I am totally skipping Christmas this year.
So I'm afraid I wont be partaking in any sort of card exchange, but I will go on the record and say that I hope you all enjoy the holidays!

Written By: Howard on 11/26/07 at 7:37 am

Thanks Michelle for the card and Happy Holidays. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/26/07 at 6:46 pm

Anyone who wants a card from the awesome Lice family, send me a PM. :D

Can't afford the gifty part, but I'd like to send out the cards. :)
I'm PM'g you & I'd like to send your family a card as well  :)

and if anyone else wants a Christmas card from me, I'd be pleased to mail you one from California. just PM me

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/07 at 6:52 pm

Bah Humbug!

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/26/07 at 6:54 pm

Bah Humbug!

Cat
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5m2waktHki0BFzqjzbkF/SIG=11nptqh1e/EXP=1196211248/**http%3A//petcaretips.net/Grinch01.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 11/26/07 at 6:58 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5m2waktHki0BFzqjzbkF/SIG=11nptqh1e/EXP=1196211248/**http%3A//petcaretips.net/Grinch01.jpg

Whee! That comes on this Wednesday! :D

Got your PM. I'll send you our address in a bit. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/26/07 at 7:05 pm

Whee! That comes on this Wednesday! :D

Got your PM. I'll send you our address in a bit. :)
it's a good one for Christmas time. in fact, since I'm not doing anything now, I may go watch it. 
thanks.

Written By: statsqueen on 11/26/07 at 7:19 pm

The cartoon Grinch is one of my favorite holiday specials.

Michelle, I got your card....thank you so much!  I'm working on mine (still).

It came the same day as one from Judy, my ex's sister.  I didn't expect one for obvious reasons, so you can imagine how it felt to get it.  She misses us.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/27/07 at 8:08 am

Those of you that still haven't PM'd me your mailing address, and wish to receive a card from me....please PM me soon, as I have started filling out my cards and will be sending them real soon. Thanks! :) :)

Written By: Jessica on 11/27/07 at 10:00 am

I sent out my address to the ones that requested it. If you haven't received it, let me know. :)

Written By: Marian on 11/27/07 at 3:00 pm

yes...I thought that it would be a neat idea...and beings that we still have some time (since it is only the beginning of November)...I believe we could pull it off. :)
wow!

Written By: KKay on 11/28/07 at 7:32 am

I want to exchange some cards.....I'll be in touch.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/28/07 at 4:16 pm

I'm getting closer to mailing my cards out. i just bought a book of postage stamps  :) if anyone wants a Christmas card from me, pm me & I will send ya one

Written By: statsqueen on 11/28/07 at 5:16 pm

I'm getting closer to mailing my cards out. i just bought a book of postage stamps  :) if anyone wants a Christmas card from me, pm me & I will send ya one

Buying stamps was on my to-do list today, but since Micah conveniently forgot her permission slip, that's how I spent my lunch hour (locating it then dropping it off).  I'll try again tomorrow.  :)

Written By: karen on 11/28/07 at 9:19 pm

Buying stamps was on my to-do list today, but since Micah conveniently forgot her permission slip, that's how I spent my lunch hour (locating it then dropping it off).  I'll try again tomorrow.   :)

I seem to have lost the last lot of stamps I bought - they were all Christmas designs as well.  I plan to buy some tomorrow and send my cards out by the weekend

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/28/07 at 9:20 pm

YAY! I have mine stamped and ready to send. I am going to drop them at the post office tomorrow! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/28/07 at 11:37 pm

Buying stamps was on my to-do list today, but since Micah conveniently forgot her permission slip, that's how I spent my lunch hour (locating it then dropping it off).  I'll try again tomorrow.   :)
I got the cute lil' Christmas'y stamps, the cards and the addresses, I wish I had a secretary to do this for me

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/28/07 at 11:52 pm

I got the cute lil' Christmas'y stamps, the cards and the addresses, I wish I had a secretary to do this for me

*Raises hand* ooh oooh..if I lived closer to you..I definitely would. I always make out all of my parent's christmas cards for them...wrap their gifts, wrap my grandma's gifts..etc...can you tell I like doing stuff like this? ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/28/07 at 11:57 pm

*Raises hand* ooh oooh..if I lived closer to you..I definitely would. I always make out all of my parent's christmas cards for them...wrap their gifts, wrap my grandma's gifts..etc...can you tell I like doing stuff like this? ;D
;D thanks and I would so let you Erin. Yes, it's very obvious that those things are things you like to do.  I do not like to put pen to paper but I'll do it for you guys

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/29/07 at 12:19 am

;D thanks and I would so let you Erin. Yes, it's very obvious that those things are things you like to do.  I do not like to put pen to paper but I'll do it for you guys

awww...you are too kind, Mike! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/29/07 at 12:27 am

awww...you are too kind, Mike! :)
thanks, but it's you. you're the one that does these acts of kindness and are willing to help others. now that I got ya all buttered up, I'm mailing you all my stuff so you can do it for me  ;D  but seriously, if I don't prepare mine tomorrow night,  I'll do them Friday night and then mail them Saturday morning.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/29/07 at 12:35 am

thanks, but it's you. you're the one that does these acts of kindness and are willing to help others. now that I got ya all buttered up, I'm mailing you all my stuff so you can do it for me  ;D  but seriously, if I don't prepare mine tomorrow night,  I'll do them Friday night and then mail them Saturday morning.

hahaaa...your procrastination is cracking me up, Mike! ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/29/07 at 12:38 am

hahaaa...your procrastination is cracking me up, Mike! ;D
it's total procrastination, but it'll get done  ;D  I always get things done

Written By: Gis on 11/29/07 at 1:17 am

Dear god you all know how to make a person feel guilty with all your ' I have all my cards and stamps ready to go' I blow loud raspberries at you all. Bah I'll have to get the box out from under the bed now and start writting cards.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/29/07 at 1:17 am

Dear god you all know how to make a person feel guilty with all your ' I have all my cards and stamps ready to go' I blow loud raspberries at you all. Bah I'll have to get the box out from under the bed now and start writting cards.  ;D

hahha..here's a karma for making me laugh about your cute blowing of raspberries comment!! :D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/29/07 at 1:34 am

For the record...being a December baby....Christmas doesn't start for me until the 8th... I'll get my cards done then!  ;)

Written By: karen on 11/29/07 at 7:59 am

For the record...being a December baby....Christmas doesn't start for me until the 8th... I'll get my cards done then!  ;)

Yes, we have a similar 'rule' in our house.  My husband's birthday is on the 6th so we don't put any decorations up or anything until after that.  He has conceded that we might not to write some cards next week to get them in the post.  Several people we only exchange christmas cards with so they don't know we've moved to America yet!

Written By: statsqueen on 11/29/07 at 8:10 am

Yes, we have a similar 'rule' in our house.  My husband's birthday is on the 6th so we don't put any decorations up or anything until after that.  He has conceded that we might not to write some cards next week to get them in the post.  Several people we only exchange christmas cards with so they don't know we've moved to America yet!

:)  My brother's birthday is Dec. 6, too. (My parents' anniversary is the 12th and Micah's birthday is the 23rd)

Written By: Gis on 11/29/07 at 8:19 am

:)   My brother's birthday is Dec. 6, too. (My parents' anniversary is the 12th and Micah's birthday is the 23rd)
Does she hates the 'combined' christmas birthday present thing. I never understand why people do that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/29/07 at 11:01 am

I hear ya. I just BOUGHT my cards yesterday. Now, I have the chore of writing them.

Cat

Written By: statsqueen on 11/29/07 at 11:25 am

Does she hates the 'combined' christmas birthday present thing. I never understand why people do that.

Gis,

Thanks for the concern, but that child wouldn't know what "combined Christmas/birthday" is!  ;D  I never thought it was fair and I didn't want her complaining like my mom did.  My mom was born on Jan. 4, was a twin, had 2 older brothers, and was born during the Depression.  Would you say she got screwed?  :D

When she was in daycare, we'd have a party at the daycare in early/mid December and she would have a party with a few friends on the first Saturday of December.

When she was in elementary school, I'd bring in cupcakes to the class in early/mid December and she would have a party with a few friends on the first Saturday of December.

As she got older, I could eliminate the school/daycare parties, but she still has a party the first Saturday of December.  I try to make the milestones special, like for her 16th, I took her and a friend to Great Wolf Lodge (on the condition that it be done in June!).  This year will be 18, so she is finally getting her swim party at the Holiday Inn with one friend spending the night then on Sunday we'll go to the mall (we were going to go to Chicago, but I can't pull that off and she decided she'd rather have a bunch of "little" stuff than one big one).

We always go out to eat with my parents to celebrate her birthday (this year it's a Sunday so it will be the day before).  She always gets to open up a couple gifts (wrapped in birthday paper, not Christmas paper).  When she was about 6, I asked her how many she wanted to open on her birthday and how many she wanted to open on Christmas.  She said that she only wanted to open 2 or 3 on her birthday because her birthday wasn't the most important one.  It's been like that ever since.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/29/07 at 11:30 am

I have a January birthday...and even though I never had any combined gifts....it was like, when my birthday rolled around...it wasn't as exciting getting gifts because I had just recently received Christmas gifts. I always wanted to have a fall (October especially) birthday...but, it didn't work that way. ;D :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/29/07 at 11:47 am

I get so mad at mom & dad,
All the days they picked to have me had.
I'm only getting half of what I oughta
'Cause my birthday comes on Christmas.

-Spike Jones

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/29/07 at 1:14 pm

My husband said he even had some of those when he was growing up.

I have a January birthday...and even though I never had any combined gifts....it was like, when my birthday rolled around...it wasn't as exciting getting gifts because I had just recently received Christmas gifts. I always wanted to have a fall (October especially) birthday...but, it didn't work that way. ;D :D

My son's birthday is at the end of January.  Sometimes it works well because you can buy things that link in with his favourite Christmas presents

Written By: KKay on 11/29/07 at 1:15 pm

\Christmas always had an impact on even my Thanksgiving birthday; I feel bad for those xmas/new year kids!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/29/07 at 1:49 pm

What do you think is worse for a kid-having your birthday on Christmas or having your birthday on April Fool's Day?  ::)

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/29/07 at 1:50 pm

Well..I am excited to say that I got my gift from Ash today!! OMG....she couldn't have picked a better gift....I was SOOOO excited! Thank you Ash...so so so much....you have made my day! :)  When I saw the box and noticed that it was from a retro store..I couldn't wait to open it. So, without further ado, take a look at a few pics that I took....of my new retro cat glasses...and my cute retro kitty cat bobblehead. :)

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8637/november2007112ln4.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/848/november2007082sl8.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9296/november2007110ay0.jpg

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/29/07 at 1:59 pm

Those are adorable Erin!  Perfect job Ash.

I have to wait until payday to send my gift out.

Speaking of birthdays on holidays/events.  My hubby said his birthday was often on Super Bowl Sunday and he'd get looked over while the hometown team (The Pittsburgh Steelers) would be playing in the Super Bowl in the 70s.  lol  Poor fella.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/07 at 3:41 pm

Well..I am excited to say that I got my gift from Ash today!! OMG....she couldn't have picked a better gift....I was SOOOO excited! Thank you Ash...so so so much....you have made my day! :)  When I saw the box and noticed that it was from a retro store..I couldn't wait to open it. So, without further ado, take a look at a few pics that I took....of my new retro cat glasses...and my cute retro kitty cat bobblehead. :)

Nice Pictures of You!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/29/07 at 5:07 pm

She said that she only wanted to open 2 or 3 on her birthday because her birthday wasn't the most important one.  It's been like that ever since.

Your daughter is far more evolved than I am... I treat my birthday like its a holiday.... I will work Christmas, Thanksgiving New Years and the 4th of July in exchange for getting my birthday, the emmys & oscars ;) & MLK day off... those are the only holidays I insist on every year! My co-workers LOVE ME!!!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/29/07 at 5:08 pm

Great pics Erin!

THANKS ASH....now the pressures on for the rest of us to do just as well!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/29/07 at 5:13 pm

What do you think is worse for a kid-having your birthday on Christmas or having your birthday on April Fool's Day?  ::)

Cat

Cat

I figure April Fools would be worse.... cuz you'd get the same lame joke every year....

It's your birthday? REALLY? Oh I forgot.... APRIL FOOLS!!!!

and everyone always thinks they're the first ones to do this..... 8-P

You get this a lot right!  Either that or you get a lot of gag gifts....or both!

I hate it when people do the obvious and think that they are being clever...that's why I go by TQ (Q to my friends  ;) )...because my name is too easy to make fun of and I'd get it everyday.... even my friends husband still does it because he knows it bugs me....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/29/07 at 5:24 pm

Cat

I figure April Fools would be worse.... cuz you'd get the same lame joke every year....

It's your birthday? REALLY? Oh I forgot.... APRIL FOOLS!!!!

and everyone always thinks they're the first ones to do this..... 8-P

You get this a lot right!  Either that or you get a lot of gag gifts....or both!

I hate it when people do the obvious and think that they are being clever...that's why I go by TQ (Q to my friends  ;) )...because my name is too easy to make fun of and I'd get it everyday.... even my friends husband still does it because he knows it bugs me....

Every joke, every gag, you name it. And yes, I can spot those trick candles a mile away. But the good part about it, no one ever forgets it.  ;)

Cat

Written By: statsqueen on 11/29/07 at 9:36 pm

Your daughter is far more evolved than I am... I treat my birthday like its a holiday.... I will work Christmas, Thanksgiving New Years and the 4th of July in exchange for getting my birthday, the emmys & oscars ;) & MLK day off... those are the only holidays I insist on every year! My co-workers LOVE ME!!!  ;D

lol Too cute!  ;D 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/30/07 at 3:00 am

awesome gifts and you look fabulous Erin.

way to go Ash, nicely done.  8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/30/07 at 3:03 am

awesome gifts and you look fabulous Erin.

way to go Ash, nicely done.  8)

awww..thanks Mike!! :) :-*

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/30/07 at 3:06 am

awww..thanks Mike!! :) :-*
anytime, looks like you had a bit of fun taking the pics  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/30/07 at 3:07 am

anytime, looks like you had a bit of fun taking the pics   :)

haahaha...just a BIT. ;) ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/30/07 at 3:12 am

haahaha...just a BIT. ;) ;D
they came out good, almost like stills for a broadway musical 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/30/07 at 3:21 am

oh wowsers!! Too cool! 8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/30/07 at 3:46 am

Yeah I can see her starring as a Pink Lady in Grease!  lol

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/30/07 at 3:49 am

Yeah I can see her starring as a Pink Lady in Grease!  lol

yeah!  that's perfect.

Written By: Gis on 11/30/07 at 4:57 am

yeah!  that's perfect.
I was watching that only last night!  ;D

I am posting my gift today so 'someone' should be getting it in about a week's time...................

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/30/07 at 6:53 am

how ironic!! I was just telling Jesse tonight, how much I would love to be one of the Pink Ladies! wowsers! :o

Written By: Gis on 11/30/07 at 8:25 am

My problem is I hate pink!!!  8-P  I'd have to chose another colour.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/30/07 at 11:25 am

I was watching that only last night!  ;D

I am posting my gift today so 'someone' should be getting it in about a week's time...................

I bought the gift but need to send it out.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/01/07 at 3:17 pm

how ironic!! I was just telling Jesse tonight, how much I would love to be one of the Pink Ladies! wowsers! :o

ME TOO..........but

ME TOO.............

that's why I always wanted Stephanie's bowling shirt from Grease 2...it was red!

Written By: Howard on 12/01/07 at 3:40 pm

Guys wear pink and I don't hate it. ???

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/02/07 at 5:53 am

Hope everyone enjoys the cards going out this week!

(Sorry I dropped outta the gift part...will make up for it next year)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/02/07 at 5:39 pm

Hope everyone enjoys the cards going out this week!

(Sorry I dropped outta the gift part...will make up for it next year)

Did you get my card? :)

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 5:40 pm

We sure did and thanks.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/02/07 at 5:47 pm

We sure did and thanks.

You're welcome!!! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/02/07 at 9:51 pm

I gotta get my cards in the mail tomorrow. c'mon people, someone needs to hold me accountable.  :-[

and as for the gift exchange, I hope to get my gift in the mail by the end of the week. I'm sure I will

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/03/07 at 1:38 am

I gotta get my cards in the mail tomorrow. c'mon people, someone needs to hold me accountable.  :-[

and as for the gift exchange, I hope to get my gift in the mail by the end of the week. I'm sure I will

OK, Mike- one thing I should've warned you about:
Melissa has a suede flail, with about 27 tails. (Cat would be envious!)
It's been officially endorsed by friends of ours, in the Fetish Community.
..........Any questions?    ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/03/07 at 1:46 am

..........Any questions?     ;D
;D  not that acountable Wayne  ;D 

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/03/07 at 1:47 am

;D  not that acountable Wayne  ;D 

Hey, you said it, not me.  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/03/07 at 1:49 am

Hey, you said it, not me.   8)
well, i do seem to need some motivation  ::)

Written By: KKay on 12/03/07 at 7:50 am

I won't be sending mine for a week or mabye more .....thenk i'll get back on this thread.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/03/07 at 11:44 am

..........Any questions?    ;D

You have been listening to Mr. Mister again, haven't you?

Cat

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/03/07 at 11:48 am

You have been listening to Mr. Mister again, haven't you?

Cat

No, I happen to remember something you once said.
Besides, with all this talk of chandeliers and coulo flashing, I just figured it would be natural.
(Remember- I've seen pictures of you two!)

Written By: KKay on 12/03/07 at 1:20 pm

Thanks, Ash! :)

Written By: Gis on 12/03/07 at 1:59 pm

What for??

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/03/07 at 4:44 pm

You're welcome!  Yay, you got it!

(A Christmas Card, Gis - yours is on the way!)   :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/03/07 at 4:47 pm

Yay!  I'm so glad you got it!  That was fast!  I have been meaning to email you all week to let you know it was on the way.  Oops... ::)

Anyway, I am thrilled that you like them.  They both screamed "Erin" to me.!  :D

Written By: statsqueen on 12/03/07 at 5:30 pm

I'm still trying to get to the Post Office....please bear with me!

Ash & Michelle, thank you for the lovely cards.

I swear mine will be out soon.

Written By: Jessica on 12/03/07 at 6:00 pm

I got Ash's card today! Thanks! :)

I'm not sure if you want Jason blowing through your lovely house though. :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/03/07 at 7:22 pm

Yay!  I'm so glad you got it!  That was fast!  I have been meaning to email you all week to let you know it was on the way.   Oops... ::)

Anyway, I am thrilled that you like them.  They both screamed "Erin" to me.!   :D

thanks again, girlie...I adore them! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/03/07 at 11:58 pm

I got a card from Ash!!! woot!    I need to send mine out soon. I even bought a nice new pen to sign them with too.

Written By: Henk on 12/04/07 at 12:24 am

I got a card from Ash!!! woot!    I need to send mine out soon. I even bought a nice new pen to sign them with too.

I need to get mine out really soon too... But I can't seem to find the time to write 'em. :-\\

And Michelle...I got your card about a week ago. :-[ Sorry I didn't mention it earlier.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/04/07 at 12:25 am

I need to get mine out really soon too... But I can't seem to find the time to write 'em. :-\\

And Michelle...I got your card about a week ago. :-[ Sorry I didn't mention it earlier.
a bunch of procrastinators or are we really just so busy?

Written By: Henk on 12/04/07 at 12:29 am

a bunch of procrastinators or are we really just so busy?

A bit of both, to be honest.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/04/07 at 12:30 am

A bit of both, to be honest.
yeah, that's true for me, but right now i am not busy, but don't feel like doing cards. maybe later

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/04/07 at 1:00 am

Badfinger-fan
Don't make Wayne use this on you!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/04/07 at 1:35 am

Badfinger-fan
Don't make Wayne use this on you!
xmas cards are going out real soon, I promise  :o

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/04/07 at 2:47 am

Thank you Ash for the lovely card.  Got it today!

I'm getting my van repaired tomorrow (today actually) morning, and so I have time to kill.  I will be dragging my Christmas cards with me to finially finish them.  I have some of them done (even bought stamps) but can't seem to remember to take them with me when I go out and drop them at the post office.  They are sitting by my purse so hopefully I won't forget.  Hopefully.

Written By: KKay on 12/04/07 at 6:51 am

(A Christmas Card, Gis - yours is on the way!)  :)

this is the second year that your card it the first to arrive.
nice!

Written By: Gis on 12/04/07 at 8:27 am

(A Christmas Card, Gis - yours is on the way!)   :)
Ahh, I did wonder if you had got two secret santas or something!  ;D

Written By: nally on 12/04/07 at 11:53 am

I received a card in the mail yesterday from *Ash*!! :) Thank you and karma!!

Written By: Gis on 12/04/07 at 4:03 pm

Mine came today too Ash! Lovely card, now how did you know I love snowmen??  ;)  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/04/07 at 11:48 pm

It's a miracle. I'm filling out Christmas cards this very moment so I won't be posting at inthe00s until I'm done.  if anyone wants one, PM me the mailing address & I'll gladly put you on the list.  8)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 11:53 pm

Our cards should be going out tomorrow, Heaven willing.

Anyone who wants one- PM me with your address, also.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/07 at 11:54 pm

same here! I have most of them filled out, stamped and ready to send out...tomorrow.

Anyone who has not already given me their address....send it my way! :)

Thankies! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/07 at 1:01 am

just a few more cards to finish

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/07 at 1:50 am

geez, it took me 2 hours to do 13 Christmas cards  ???  that's hecka slow

Written By: Gis on 12/05/07 at 4:02 am

geez, it took me 2 hours to do 13 Christmas cards  ???  that's hecka slow
Karma for making me laugh. My overseas ones are written and will be posted either friday or monday.  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/05/07 at 4:16 pm

I'm glad everyone has been getting mine!  I am lucky enough to be able to do them at work.  I have the coolest boss in the world! 

Written By: statsqueen on 12/05/07 at 4:21 pm

Part of my batch went out yesterday.  If yours isn't in the "first round," hang in there.  If you haven't pm'd me and would like a card, pm me anytime.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/07 at 4:53 pm

I just put 13 inthe00s Christmas cards in the mail woot!
I have some ink left in my pen so I would be happy to send more if anyone wants one.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/05/07 at 4:56 pm

First round going out today in the mail.

Have to go to the Post Office, to see about rates for the pond-skippers!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/07 at 5:05 pm

First round going out today in the mail.

Have to go to the Post Office, to see about rates for the pond-skippers!
omg  :o You just reminded me that I just sent one to the Netherlands with regular postage. oh crap! Henks not gonna let me send him anymore cards. I'M SORRY  :(  crap crap crap

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/07 at 5:12 pm

ok, I'm going into creative can-do mode here. I'll send another card out tomorrow to Henk with tons of postage on it, so You may get 2 cards from me Henk, and only one will have proper postage and maybe even more than needed.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/05/07 at 5:42 pm

omg  :o You just reminded me that I just sent one to the Netherlands with regular postage. oh crap! Henks not gonna let me send him anymore cards. I'M SORRY  :(  crap crap crap

Needing to find a bathroom, there, Miko?

Written By: nally on 12/05/07 at 6:14 pm

I still have yet to send one. If any of you would like a card from me, PM me with your addy and I will gladly send you one! :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/07 at 1:32 am

I'll start writing my cards Sat.... anyone else want one from me???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/06/07 at 2:13 am

allrighty then!  2 new cards with proper postage for overseas will be in the mail tomorrow.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/06/07 at 2:45 am

I'll start writing my cards Sat.... anyone else want one from me???

Aw, what the heck- throw me a spare one, if ya got it!

You too, Jeff!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/06/07 at 2:47 am

You too, Jeff!
I also PM'd nally for a card  :)

Written By: karen on 12/06/07 at 8:05 am

I wrote some yesterday and put them in the box this morning.  Anyone else can pm me.

For those sending things to Europe a 90 cents stamp works as long as the card weighs less than an ounce.

Written By: Gis on 12/06/07 at 2:28 pm

I got a card from Jessica and Rice today, a gorgeous snoopy one I wonder how they knew.........  ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/06/07 at 4:54 pm

Got Gissie's package today!

3 bars of chocolate....3 people, my wife reasons!
That was very sweet of you (pardon the pun)!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/06/07 at 7:19 pm

Amy & Ash....I received both of your cards today! They were so lovely and I appreciate the encouraging words...it made my day! :) Love ya girlies! :)

Written By: statsqueen on 12/06/07 at 8:16 pm

Amy & Ash....I received both of your cards today! They were so lovely and I appreciate the encouraging words...it made my day! :) Love ya girlies! :)

Glad you liked it, Erin.  Love ya right back!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/06/07 at 10:39 pm

Glad you liked it, Erin.  Love ya right back!

Yeah, what Amy said.  ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/06/07 at 10:54 pm

OK, Confession time.

As I was hurrying to finish up my cards today, I *think* I put the wrong card in the wrong envelope...  ;D

So, if you card doesn't match your envelope OR if it says something like... "I miss you" and we've never met... um... sorry about that, not that I don't actually miss you, naturally being the wonderful person you are, I WOULD miss you, if I had actually met you...but..yeah ok.  *slinks away quietly*

Oh and if I called you grandma, don't be insulted, it is just a term of affection (and also the wrong envelope)  Curses for trying to hurry.

Written By: snozberries on 12/07/07 at 12:15 am

OK, Confession time.

As I was hurrying to finish up my cards today, I *think* I put the wrong card in the wrong envelope...  ;D

So, if you card doesn't match your envelope OR if it says something like... "I miss you" and we've never met... um... sorry about that, not that I don't actually miss you, naturally being the wonderful person you are, I WOULD miss you, if I had actually met you...but..yeah ok.  *slinks away quietly*

Oh and if I called you grandma, don't be insulted, it is just a term of affection (and also the wrong envelope)  Curses for trying to hurry.

;D  wow Grandma?  I  didn't think forty was all that old...  :-\\    ;D

Written By: Gis on 12/07/07 at 1:19 am

Got Gissie's package today!

3 bars of chocolate....3 people, my wife reasons!
That was very sweet of you (pardon the pun)!
Your wife is right! One for each and as I didn't know who liked what I chose one of each flavour and thoyght you could share!

Written By: Gis on 12/07/07 at 1:21 am

OK, Confession time.

Karma to you Patty, but what's your Grandma going to say when she gets the one you sent her??  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/07/07 at 1:24 am

Karma to you Patty, but what's your Grandma going to say when she gets the one you sent her??  ;D

ehhh..She knows I'm a bit of a ditz, so she probably won't say anything.  At 77, she doesn't let much rattle her anymore.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/07/07 at 1:24 am

40 is the new 30?  ;) :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/07/07 at 1:26 am

40 is the new 30?  ;) :D

;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/07/07 at 2:43 am

Your wife is right! One for each and as I didn't know who liked what I chose one of each flavour and thoyght you could share!

You were correct- we shared the Milk Chocolate one tonight.
Tomorrow, I believe the Dark Chocolate is on the chopping block.

Mmmmmmmm.....dark chocolate.......*drooling a la Homer Simpson*

Written By: Gis on 12/07/07 at 3:04 am

You were correct- we shared the Milk Chocolate one tonight.
Tomorrow, I believe the Dark Chocolate is on the chopping block.

Mmmmmmmm.....dark chocolate.......*drooling a la Homer Simpson*
Glad to hear you all enjoyed it.  :)

Written By: karen on 12/07/07 at 7:57 am

I bought my gift yesterday and then decided it was boring so now I have to think again.  :-\\

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/07/07 at 8:23 am

I bought my gift yesterday and then decided it was boring so now I have to think again.  :-\\

Yeah I'm the same way.  I have something I can send my secret exchangee, but...I'd like it to be more special.  I'm trying to think of something else to do.  (I have...um...20 days or so.)  ;D

Written By: Gis on 12/07/07 at 8:57 am

Yeah I'm the same way.  I have something I can send my secret exchangee, but...I'd like it to be more special.  I'm trying to think of something else to do.  (I have...um...20 days or so.)   ;D
Wouldn't you have to deliver it by hand then??  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/07/07 at 9:00 am

Wouldn't you have to deliver it by hand then??  ;D

Oh..yeah...

ROADTRIP  ;D

It's a wee bit far to go though  :(

Written By: Henk on 12/07/07 at 10:18 am

OK, Confession time.

You know what?  They're probably all in the right envelopes after all.

Anyway...I've been busy writing my cards today, and I'll be posting them tomorow.  :)

Written By: Gis on 12/07/07 at 12:59 pm

Mine went out today, so I have cause to be all virtuous and smug!

Written By: nally on 12/07/07 at 1:02 pm

You too, Jeff!

I'll write a few of 'em out this weekend...yours included!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/07/07 at 1:27 pm

I became a grandma at 40-but never became a mommy.  ???

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/07/07 at 3:18 pm

I just did a few of mine.  I have to go to the post office and see if I need to do anything special in mailing Gis and Henk's since they are in Europe.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/07/07 at 4:04 pm

I just did a few of mine.  I have to go to the post office and see if I need to do anything special in mailing Gis and Henk's since they are in Europe.

Anything going to Europe requires a $.90 stamp, if the card weighs one ounce or less.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/07/07 at 4:05 pm

Anything going to Europe requires a $.90 stamp, if the card weighs one ounce or less.

OK, I'll have to get a few of those.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/07/07 at 4:50 pm

Got Badfinger-fan's card today!

Thanks for the kind words, man!
We really should get together & meet up, sometime soon!

Written By: nally on 12/07/07 at 5:33 pm

You guys should come down to the southern portion of the state and meet w/ me, too! O0

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/07 at 6:08 pm

that's good news. I'm glad the Hawk family got my card. One day we may meet but it's hard, because my brothers & sister keep telling me the same thing  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/07 at 6:17 pm

Regarding the inthe00s Gift Exchange, I'm sending my person's gift out in the mail tomorrow. it looks really cool. I want one for myself now.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/07 at 9:26 pm

Hey, I got your card today. thanks a bunch Hawk, ladyhawk, and baby hawk too.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/07/07 at 9:39 pm

Thanks for the one you sent us.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/07 at 9:43 pm

Thanks for the one you sent us.
you're welcome. it was fun last year, but more fun this year.

Written By: snozberries on 12/07/07 at 11:19 pm

I became a grandma at 40-but never became a mommy.  ???

Cat

IMHO  that's the best way to do it!!! I hold to the Butterfly McQueen philosophy of life "I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies!"  ;D

Written By: MLB on 12/08/07 at 1:10 am

To Mike and Amy I got your greeting cards today--Friday, and I thank you both.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/07 at 1:12 am

your're welcome, I saw your post about what you received in the mail today and didn't think it had arrived but it did. 
Merry Christmas Michelle

Written By: Henk on 12/08/07 at 4:52 am

I've just returned from my trip to the post office to have my cards stamped, and guess what I found on my return?  ::)

Yep. Your card has arrived (without delay or surcharge). :)

So...it can be done with just the $0.41 stamp, but I wouldn't make a habit of it, if I were you. ;)

Written By: statsqueen on 12/08/07 at 9:34 pm

You are quite welcome, Michelle.  Merry Christmas!

Written By: Jessica on 12/08/07 at 9:36 pm

I've just returned from my trip to the post office to have my cards stamped, and guess what I found on my return?  ::)

So...it can be done with just the $0.41 stamp, but I wouldn't make a habit of it, if I were you. ;)

No way! They charged me $0.90 for an overseas stamp. Crazy postal workers. :D

Oh yeah, I'm working on mine right now. I have a lot to send, not just to you folks on here, but to all our friends. I never knew how loved we are. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/08/07 at 9:55 pm

Woo Hoo! I just finished mine!!!

For the Record... I'm Q & this is Carly http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/carly2.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/08/07 at 10:30 pm

I received a lovely card in the mail from Karen...thank you!! :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/09/07 at 4:15 am

We got Erin's and Amy's today!

Thanks for the warm cards, gals!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/09/07 at 4:54 am

my pleasure! :)

Written By: Howard on 12/09/07 at 6:09 am

Got your card Erin, Thank You!  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/09/07 at 10:07 am

I just got Quirk's and Badfingerfan's cards today.  Thank you. :)

Written By: statsqueen on 12/09/07 at 11:20 am

Glad you got and enjoyed, Wayne!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/07 at 3:10 pm

that's surprising it arrived with just one stamp. I didn't think it would so I sent a 2nd card just to make sure and it has 3 stamps on it.

I just got Quirk's and Badfingerfan's cards today.  Thank you. :)
happy to hear you got mine & you're welcome.

Written By: karen on 12/09/07 at 3:10 pm

I received a lovely card in the mail from Karen...thank you!! :)

And I got yours today as well.  Thanks.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/07 at 9:21 pm

I got 2 or 3 cards today in the mail and I left them in my car and I haven't opened them yet. I'll be back in a minute

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/07 at 9:38 pm

I received Christmas cards from Erin & Hot stuff, so thank you both very much. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/09/07 at 11:49 pm

my pleasure, guys! :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/10/07 at 12:55 am

I received Christmas cards from Erin & Hot stuff, so thank you both very much. 

You're so welcome, my friend (near neighbor)  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/10/07 at 2:06 am

yup, Mt. Diablo neighbors Krissy. I would send you a card but you moved from the last known address I had from last years list and your return address on the card is not readable since the USPS stamped it right on your address and I can't read it, so If you'd like me to mail you a card, PM me.  8)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/10/07 at 3:16 am

You're in Cali, too?

How far are you from Sacramento?

Written By: Howard on 12/10/07 at 7:31 am

Thanks, Michelle for the card.  :)

Written By: Henk on 12/10/07 at 1:35 pm

I got four cards in the mail today...

...so thanks to Mike (again), Karen, Gis, Wayne & Melissa. :) You've really made my day.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/10/07 at 1:57 pm

...so thanks to Mike (again), Karen, Gis, Wayne & Melissa. :) You've really made my day.

It is our pleasure, my (insert word for "friend" in Dutch).

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/10/07 at 2:01 pm

You're in Cali, too?

How far are you from Sacramento?

I'm probably and hour away going westwardly (without traffic). If you head towards Martinez, I'm not far from there.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/10/07 at 2:06 pm

I'm probably and hour away going westwardly (without traffic). If you head towards Martinez, I'm not far from there.

You are about the same distance from me as Mike (Badfinger-fan).

Melissa & I live about 1 1/2 hrs. north of Sacramento, in a backwards town called "Oroville".

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/10/07 at 2:16 pm

Melissa & I live about 1 1/2 hrs. north of Sacramento, in a backwards town called "Oroville".

I know Oroville. I've never been there, but I know of that area. I actually live in Concord. Not sure if you've heard of it before.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/10/07 at 2:27 pm

Melissa says she knows where Concord is.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/10/07 at 2:39 pm

Melissa says she knows where Concord is.

Yeah, it's near Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Pittsburg and Antioch.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/10/07 at 2:59 pm

Yeah, it's near Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Pittsburg and Antioch.
I drove by Martinez, Concord, Pleasant Hill & Walnut Creek on my way to work today  :)  which is not my normal route.

Written By: Gis on 12/10/07 at 3:05 pm

Wow that was quick! I only posted it on friday.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/10/07 at 3:09 pm

you're welcome again Henk  ::)

Written By: Henk on 12/10/07 at 3:33 pm

you're welcome again Henk  ::)

You only get one card from me, though. ;)

Wow that was quick! I only posted it on friday.

Yeah, that sure is quick. Don't know how quick you'll get mine (posted them last Saturday).  :-\\

Written By: Henk on 12/10/07 at 3:36 pm

It is our pleasure, my (insert word for "friend" in Dutch).

You only have to change one letter: it's "vriend". It's pronounced differently, though. The "ie" is pronounced much like your "ea" in "eat".

Written By: KKay on 12/10/07 at 3:39 pm

cards going out soon...

thanks for my cards, everyone!

Karen- yours is funny.  "to Karen from Karen"
took me a minute to figure out which Karen.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/10/07 at 3:47 pm

I drove by Martinez, Concord, Pleasant Hill & Walnut Creek on my way to work today  :)  which is not my normal route.

Oh wow, Is that suppose to be 680/242 route? I don't travel by freeway anymore, but my work is near Treat.

Written By: nally on 12/10/07 at 5:19 pm

I know Oroville. I've never been there, but I know of that area. I actually live in Concord. Not sure if you've heard of it before.

Oh wow, Is that supposed to be 680/242 route? I don't travel by freeway anymore, but my work is near Treat.

That's an area of the state that I'm not very familiar with...but maybe I can travel up there someday!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/10/07 at 5:37 pm

Got the motherload of Christmas cards today:  Thank you all SO much.  It made a glum day much better.

Quirk
Karen
Badfingerfan

You guys should be getting yours soon.

Written By: Jessica on 12/10/07 at 6:05 pm

Got Badfinger's card today. Thanks! :)

I'm still writing mine. Proscratination is evil. :-[

Written By: statsqueen on 12/10/07 at 7:13 pm

Thank you, Erin!  I love my card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/07 at 9:01 pm

Hey guys!! no problem...I'm glad that you loved your cards! :)

Thank you to Mike and Krissy...I received your cards in the mail today...they were just lovely!!! :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/10/07 at 10:52 pm

I'm wondering if mine have gotten lost in the mail!

Henk and Mike appears to be the only ones who received theirs.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/10/07 at 10:53 pm

Oh wow, Is that suppose to be 680/242 route? I don't travel by freeway anymore, but my work is near Treat.
I was on Hwy 4 Martinez and changed onto 680 south past all the other cities on my way to San Ramon, but 242 does connect with 680  :)

When I got home from work, Diane was baking some cookies which is a wonderful thing to smell when you enter your home, and she told me "you got some more Christmas cards from your people"  Thanks karen, (Kathie>"Reynolds1863*), and Gis. 

Written By: karen on 12/11/07 at 8:00 am

cards going out soon...

thanks for my cards, everyone!

Karen- yours is funny.  "to Karen from Karen"
took me a minute to figure out which Karen.

Do you know that many?  :o  I tried to put karen rather than Karen, I suppose I could have put (inthe00s) as well?  :-\\

Written By: KKay on 12/11/07 at 8:04 am

Do you know that many?  :o  I tried to put karen rather than Karen, I suppose I could have put (inthe00s) as well?  :-\\

I figured it out when i saw the address, no prob.
hey-hope your day in NYC was fun!

Written By: karen on 12/11/07 at 8:11 am

I figured it out when i saw the address, no prob.
hey-hope your day in NYC was fun!

Yes. we had a great time.  Sorry we couldn't get together this time round.  Did you get my txt?

Written By: KKay on 12/11/07 at 8:32 am

Yes. we had a great time.  Sorry we couldn't get together this time round.  Did you get my txt?

I did. I was at work.
blech.

Written By: nally on 12/11/07 at 12:35 pm

Thank you to Mike and Krissy...I received your cards in the mail today...they were just lovely!!! :)

Your card is on its way...and I'm still awaiting the arrival of yours! ;)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/11/07 at 1:10 pm

Thank you, Erin. I recieved your card actually on Saturday. Sorry for the delay! It was a lovely card and a sweet message  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/11/07 at 1:15 pm

I didn't know your last name was Spina-Kuhn,is that spelt Cohen with a "K"? ???

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/11/07 at 1:18 pm

That's an area of the state that I'm not very familiar with...but maybe I can travel up there someday!

It's a nice part of the state. Like they say, if you live in Northern California, you'll turn soft. We're all about rolling hills, wineries, and scenic backroads.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/07 at 1:49 pm

I didn't know your last name was Spina-Kuhn,is that spelt Cohen with a "K"? ???

I usually only go by my maiden name....especially lately.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/07 at 1:51 pm

Thank you to Wayne and Melissa for the lovely Christmas card that I received today! :)

Written By: Howard on 12/11/07 at 1:54 pm

I usually only go by my maiden name....especially lately.

So that would be your maiden name?

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/11/07 at 3:13 pm

I got a card from Ash today.  So nice!!  :)  Thank you!!

Written By: Jessica on 12/11/07 at 4:31 pm

We got two today: one from Reynolds1863 and one from Gis (which came sooner than I thought it would)! Thanks! :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/11/07 at 4:38 pm

Thank you to Wayne and Melissa for the lovely Christmas card that I received today! :)

Glad to see it actually made it!
*replacing hair into scalp*

It was our pleasure...and hopefully, one day- I can bring Melissa out to see a firefly.
If you know any good spots to see them, let us know!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/11/07 at 5:13 pm

Glad to see it actually made it!
*replacing hair into scalp*

It was our pleasure...and hopefully, one day- I can bring Melissa out to see a firefly.
If you know any good spots to see them, let us know!

I received mine today from you both.  Thank you!!! :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/11/07 at 5:19 pm

I received mine today from you both.  Thank you!!! :)

http://sp1.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/1918005351http://sp1.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/2235812670http://sp1.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/3079776762

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/11/07 at 5:26 pm

http://sp1.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/1918005351http://sp1.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/2235812670http://sp1.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/3079776762

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/datdarnkid/th675249peaces_icons.gif

Written By: statsqueen on 12/11/07 at 7:10 pm

I got 2 cards today:  Mike (Badfinger-fan) and Gis.

Mike, I love the card.  The front is just too adorable and the message you wrote was really sweet.  Thank you.

Gis, You sent me a lovely card--I love snowmen and thank you for including Micah in the wishes.

You are both so very sweet.  Thank you so much to you both!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/07 at 11:50 pm

So that would be your maiden name?

ya

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/12/07 at 1:20 am

I got 2 cards today:  Mike (Badfinger-fan) and Gis.

Mike, I love the card.  The front is just too adorable and the message you wrote was really sweet.  Thank you.

You are both so very sweet.  Thank you so much to you both!!!
aww, you're welcome Amy .  Since the Board mascot is the Penguin, I was glad to find cards with a little penguin on them.

trying to remember what I wrote  ???

;D  I'm sure coming from me,  it was sweet

Written By: Gis on 12/12/07 at 2:46 am

I'm loving the fact i posted all these cards at the same time and yet they are arriving days apart!

I got Hawk and Ladyhawk's yesterday, thanks to both.  :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/12/07 at 2:59 am

I'm loving the fact i posted all these cards at the same time and yet they are arriving days apart!

You're quite welcome, Gissie!
I'm glad it reached you sooner than those recipes.... ;) :D

Written By: statsqueen on 12/12/07 at 8:12 am

aww, you're welcome Amy .  Since the Board mascot is the Penguin, I was glad to find cards with a little penguin on them.

trying to remember what I wrote  ???

;D  I'm sure coming from me,  it was sweet

It was perfect!  I love penguins anyway, which is just one more reason why finding the Board was such a bonus.  I especially loved the stockings by the bedpost--with the fish for the penguin and the cheese for the mouse.  Too cute!!!

And, yes, your note was very sweet!  :P  Thank you for it all.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/12/07 at 11:40 am

I got your card today-thanks. But, you didn't include your return address so I can't reciprocate.  :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/12/07 at 11:50 am

I received Kathie's (spaceace/Reynolds1863) card yesterday in the mail. Thank you!! :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/12/07 at 3:17 pm

I received Kathie's (spaceace/Reynolds1863) card yesterday in the mail. Thank you!! :)

I have a talent for copying addresses onto paper products.  You're welcome. :)

Written By: Gis on 12/12/07 at 4:23 pm

I got Mike's today.  :)

Written By: Jessica on 12/12/07 at 4:28 pm

I got one from statsqueen today. Thankee! :)

Written By: Howard on 12/12/07 at 4:33 pm

I wanted to thank Michelle for her card but she hasn't been on. :(

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/07 at 5:57 pm

Finally made it to my PO Box... It was overflowing with cards from Mike Erin and Kathie... Michelle & Amy I got your cards earlier but neglected to acknowledge it  :-[ 

THANKS ALL!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/12/07 at 6:03 pm

Finally made it to my PO Box... It was overflowing with cards from Mike Erin and Kathie... Michelle & Amy I got your cards earlier but neglected to acknowledge it  :-[ 

THANKS ALL!

You're welcome.

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/07 at 6:12 pm

You're welcome.

by the way.....love your sig.

Written By: statsqueen on 12/12/07 at 7:12 pm

Finally made it to my PO Box... It was overflowing with cards from Mike Erin and Kathie... Michelle & Amy I got your cards earlier but neglected to acknowledge it  :-
I got one from statsqueen today. Thankee! :)

You both are most welcome!  It was fun to have new friends to send cards to.

Wayne & Melissa, I got your card today.  Thank you for the lovely card, message, and for including Micah....she felt very special.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/12/07 at 7:17 pm

You both are most welcome!  It was fun to have new friends to send cards to.

Wayne & Melissa, I got your card today.  Thank you for the lovely card, message, and for including Micah....she felt very special.

It's only natural to include your daughter, since she is part of your family.
It was our pleasure, Amy.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/12/07 at 8:34 pm

by the way.....love your sig.

Bucky is minor Deity!!! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/07 at 9:35 pm

I received your card today, Gis!!! It was SUCH a neato/cute retro card...I LOVE it! :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/12/07 at 10:03 pm

I got Gis' present today and I am absolutely delighted with it!  Gis, you couldn't POSSIBLY have picked a better gift for me!  Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!  For those who don't know, I collect pigs and magnets, and she sent me one of each.  I am just thrilled with both of them.  The pig is definitely one of the cutest ones I have!   :-* :-* :-* 

Here are some pictures:

http://i3.tinypic.com/6qdf7di.jpg

http://i11.tinypic.com/8g4cqdk.jpg

And the adorable magnet:

http://i19.tinypic.com/7ximxbd.jpg

I would also like to thank Gis, Erin, Karen, Mike, Amy, and Jeffrey for the Christmas cards I've gotten in the past few days.  I am having so much fun with this!  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/07 at 10:09 pm

I got Gis' present today and I am absolutely delighted with it!  Gis, you couldn't POSSIBLY have picked a better gift for me!  Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!  For those who don't know, I collect pigs and magnets, and she sent me one of each.  I am just thrilled with both of them.  The pig is definitely one of the cutest ones I have!   :-* :-* :-* 

Here are some pictures:

And the adorable magnet:

I would also like to thank Gis, Erin, Karen, Mike, Amy, and Jeffrey for the Christmas cards I've gotten in the past few days.  I am having so much fun with this!   :D

aww...that is simply adorable! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/13/07 at 1:44 am

Here are some pictures:

I would also like to thank Gis, Erin, Karen, Mike, Amy, and Jeffrey for the Christmas cards I've gotten in the past few days.  I am having so much fun with this!   :D
You got a British pig for Christmas. lucky!    I like it  :)

In today's mail I received a nice Christmas card from statsqueen. thanks Amy

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/13/07 at 1:46 am

Is anyone else feeling the warm fuzzies....that this thread/event is creating?!! :D ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/13/07 at 1:50 am

Is anyone else feeling the warm fuzzies....that this thread/event is creating?!! :D ;D
It is special Erin and I'm feeling it. I still have 4-5 more cards to send off tomorrow.

....wait,,, I got another card, this one's from Ash. thanks a bunch Ash  :)

Written By: Gis on 12/13/07 at 2:58 am

I received your card today, Gis!!! It was SUCH a neato/cute retro card...I LOVE it! :)
You're very welcome.  :)

Written By: nally on 12/13/07 at 11:32 am

Here are some pictures:

And the adorable magnet:

No I didn't know you collected those.....very nice!! ;)

I'm having fun too...glad you got mine. 8)

I'll be sending more out today and tomorrow.

Written By: statsqueen on 12/13/07 at 11:40 am

I certainly am!  It has been such a pleasure to exchange cards with my new friends on the boards.  I'm glad those that have received cards from me seem to have enjoyed receiving mine as much as I've enjoyed receiving theirs.  (I've never gotten this many cards before---I like it!)  ;D

Thank you all for making this holiday season even more special!!!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/13/07 at 11:41 am

I got an awesome card from Gis today.  I absolutely loved it!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/13/07 at 1:14 pm

Henk..I received your lovely card in the mail today...thank you so much. BTW, you have the nicest handwriting I have ever seen. :)

Written By: KKay on 12/13/07 at 1:16 pm

thanks for the card, Gis!

I want to write back but there is no return address!

Written By: Henk on 12/13/07 at 1:25 pm

Henk..I received your lovely card in the mail today...thank you so much. BTW, you have the nicest handwriting I have ever seen. :)

You're very welcome! :) And thanks for the nice compliment. I don't know where I got my handwriting skills from...Certainly not from my father.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/13/07 at 1:26 pm

You're very welcome! :) And thanks for the nice compliment. I don't know where I got my handwriting skills from...Certainly not from my father.

yes, it is so neat and unique looking....very awesome! :) 8)

Written By: nally on 12/13/07 at 2:14 pm

^ should be receiving a card from me any day now...I mailed it on Monday.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/13/07 at 2:17 pm

If I'd'a had your address, Jeff, I could get one off to ya!

......There's still time, ya know...

Written By: nally on 12/13/07 at 2:21 pm

If I'd'a had your address, Jeff, I could get one off to ya!

......There's still time, ya know...

Yes there is...and I'll probably be mailing your card this weekend. I'll PM you with mine so you can send me one.

Written By: Gis on 12/13/07 at 4:12 pm

I got an awesome card from Gis today.  I absolutely loved it!
I'm so pleased! I just thought of you when I saw it.  :)

I've got it too right this year, I've peaked too soon................ 

Written By: Gis on 12/13/07 at 4:13 pm

thanks for the card, Gis!

I want to write back but there is no return address!
Oopps.  :-[  I thought I'd PM'd you it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/07 at 5:47 pm

Oopps.  :-[  I thought I'd PM'd you it.

You didn't include a return address on my card either.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

BTW, LOVED the kitty.  :)

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/13/07 at 9:28 pm

for my inthe00s friends... I stayed an extra hour after work so I could send out more Christmas cards.  8)  Now I can put my coat on, get in my car and drive up to the mail box and wish a few more people Merry Christmas. I know if I had gone straight home, I'd either watch tv or get on the computer & procrastinate another day. this is fun & I dig it.  8)

Written By: nally on 12/13/07 at 10:45 pm

I received a card from snozzberries today. She lives less than 100 miles away from me. Thanks for the card!! Yours is on its way.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/13/07 at 11:40 pm

I received a card from snozzberries today. She lives less than 100 miles away from me. Thanks for the card!! Yours is on its way.

Jeff- your card is going out tomorrow. You should receive it by Monday, I imagine!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/14/07 at 3:09 am

I have 2 more that are going out tomorrow, one for an inthe00s member and one for my good friend in Las Vegas, who actually is an inactive member.

Written By: snozberries on 12/14/07 at 3:23 am

i know we live close by but that was still super fast I finally got them in the mailbox on Wed and you got it on Thursday...see that's why I mail from the Post Office Hub rather than the actual post office.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/14/07 at 3:57 am

I have 2 more that are going out tomorrow, one for an inthe00s member and one for my good friend in Las Vegas, who actually is an inactive member.

Tell Bill we said Hello and to visit us on occasion when he has time.  ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/14/07 at 4:24 am

Hopefully, our card will get to you soon, Patty.

Yours went out in the 1st round, which was mailed a week ago.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/14/07 at 4:30 am

Hopefully, our card will get to you soon, Patty.

Yours went out in the 1st round, which was mailed a week ago.

I'm sure it'll come soon, our mail seems to sometimes be slower then....uh...something really slow...Molasses.  Sometimes my mom will send a letter and it'll take a week to get here and she only lives on the other side of the state.  Other times, well...it's quick....like...the amount of time it takes to go broke after payday... ;D

Yours and Melissa's should get there soon as well...that is if I haven't ticked off my mailman (who probably is reading this.)  lol

Written By: Howard on 12/14/07 at 6:48 am

Here are some pictures:

And the adorable magnet:

Those are so cute. :)

Written By: Tam on 12/14/07 at 1:01 pm

Hey Everyone!

Thank you so much for the Christmas cards! I apologize for my lag but now I am back into the swing of things so I should soon be back on track!

My secret santa gift will undoubtedly be late, so I apologize for that as well. ANd I promise that all of my Christmas cards will be going out tomorrow!

I have missed everyone so much!

Tam 8)

Written By: nally on 12/14/07 at 1:12 pm

Jeff- your card is going out tomorrow. You should receive it by Monday, I imagine!

Great! I just put yours in the mail this morning.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/14/07 at 11:13 pm

Hey Everyone!

Thank you so much for the Christmas cards! I apologize for my lag but now I am back into the swing of things so I should soon be back on track!

My secret santa gift will undoubtedly be late, so I apologize for that as well. ANd I promise that all of my Christmas cards will be going out tomorrow!

I have missed everyone so much!

Tam 8)

great to see you back, Tam! :)

Written By: Gis on 12/15/07 at 3:18 am

Glad you're back Tam.

Thanks for the card Henk it's beautiful.  :)

Written By: Henk on 12/15/07 at 3:28 am

Glad you're back Tam.

Thanks for the card Henk it's beautiful.  :)

Glad you like it! :)

Well, it only took a week this year...last year it took 'em up to three weeks to deliver my cards. Still, it's weird how your card and others that I have received so far were delivered so much faster... :-\\

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/15/07 at 4:02 am

Tam- Wonderful to see ya back, 'A'!

Q- We got your card today. Vewwy cwever! (Huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh!)

Patty- I shall keep a weather eye out!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/15/07 at 4:04 am

Patty!! What an adorable card...I LOVE IT! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/15/07 at 4:32 am

I got a Christmas Penguin card from snozberries today. you're too kind. thanks a bunch

Written By: statsqueen on 12/15/07 at 8:15 am

I apologize for not posting this last night, but the evening/night didn't exactly go as planned (which wasn't a bad thing).

So, a belated thank you to....

snozberries, thank you for the card and message.  I have never learned anything from a Christmas card before.  It was most interesting and I love penguins.  Thank you very much!

Patty, I also received your most beautiful card.  Thank you so much.  I love how it matched the envelope and in response to your note inside---thank YOU.

Jessica, thank you very much for your card.  It is one of the funniest ones I have ever received.

Thank you all!!!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/15/07 at 8:32 am

Just to report in, I got Amy's and Wayne and Melissa's cards in the mail last night.  They are awesome.

I'm so glad we did this, it sure has been nice.  My hubby gets a kick out of reading the postmark/return address cities from where all these cards come from.  ;D

Written By: Tam on 12/15/07 at 11:17 am

Thanks for the welcome back everyone!

All my Christmas cards have been mailed as of today!
I still have a few left though so if anyone wants one who I didn't exchange addresses with, send me a message with your addy and I will be sure to get them out to you!

Have a good one all!

Tam 8)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/15/07 at 2:49 pm

Patty- Your card came today. Very cute and heartwarming!

Tam- Keep a weather eye out on yer mailbox, 'A'!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/15/07 at 3:13 pm

Got Jess and Rice's card today.  Thank you velly much!  It was so funny.

Written By: karen on 12/15/07 at 3:25 pm

I just received Henk's and Patty's today.  Thank you both

Written By: Jessica on 12/15/07 at 6:10 pm

Jessica, thank you very much for your card.  It is one of the funniest ones I have ever received.

Got Jess and Rice's card today.  Thank you velly much!  It was so funny.

You're both welcome. :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/07 at 7:10 pm

You're all welcome!  Glad you liked the card! The funny thing is I bought them years ago....long before I even knew about inthe00s  I guess I was holding on to them because I knew I'd meet ya'll someday!  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/15/07 at 9:32 pm

I received a wonderful card from Henk today (Your's will be in the mail on Monday)  Gi's sent me a simply faboo card, and I got a cute card from nally.  Thank you guys.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/15/07 at 10:43 pm

Today was a great day for receiving christmas cards! I received a really great one from Q (what a cute penguin!)....a hilarious one from Jess & Rice (thanks guys)...and an adorable kitty cat card from Jeff (nally).

Thanks so much guys! It made my day!! :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/16/07 at 12:39 pm

Got one from Q also, Jessica and Rice Cube, Henk, and Gi's.  Thank you so much guys.

I just repeated myself didn't I? :-[

Written By: Henk on 12/16/07 at 12:47 pm

Got one from Q also, Jessica and Rice Cube, Henk, and Gi's.  Thank you so much guys.

You're welcome. :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/16/07 at 1:24 pm

Today was a great day for receiving christmas cards! I received a really great one from Q (what a cute penguin!)....a hilarious one from Jess & Rice (thanks guys)...and an adorable kitty cat card from Jeff (nally).

You're Welcome!

I just repeated myself didn't I? :-[

You're Welcome, you're welcome  ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/16/07 at 3:47 pm

Geeze, I feel a little left out.

Everyone has gotten a card from our Nederlander vriend, and all I got was a picture of a windmill!

*sulking like a spoiled cousin*

Written By: Henk on 12/16/07 at 3:59 pm

Geeze, I feel a little left out.

Everyone has gotten a card from our Nederlander vriend, and all I got was a picture of a windmill!

Better luck next year. :P

*sulking like a spoiled cousin*

Santa's so not coming to you this year... ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/16/07 at 8:10 pm

just got yesterday's mail & there was a cool Christmas card with a white owl on it from bookmistress4ever.  Owls for us late nighter's. thanks Patty  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/17/07 at 1:26 am

just got yesterday's mail & there was a cool Christmas card with a white owl on it from bookmistress4ever.  Owls for us late nighter's. thanks Patty  :)

lol Never thought of that, but it is fitting isn't it? 

Glad you got the card.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/17/07 at 3:04 am

Better luck next year. :P

Santa's so not coming to you this year... ::)

That happens.
'S OK. ;)

Written By: Tam on 12/17/07 at 9:51 am

Here's my update!

I have received cards from Michelle, Quirk, Q, and I got Henk's card in the mail Saturday!

I want to thank you for you crads and thank you for making me do more housework now! Why? Because I went to put them on the mantle and discovered about 6 months worth of dust!!!! Now I have to clean before I can put the cards up!!! ;D 8)

Henk - thank you for your words. ALthough funny - they are true to heart for real!

Tam 8)

Written By: Henk on 12/17/07 at 12:36 pm

Here's my update!

I have received cards from Michelle, Quirk, Q, and I got Henk's card in the mail Saturday!

I want to thank you for you crads and thank you for making me do more housework now! Why? Because I went to put them on the mantle and discovered about 6 months worth of dust!!!! Now I have to clean before I can put the cards up!!! ;D 8)

Henk - thank you for your words. ALthough funny - they are true to heart for real!

Tam 8)

Many a true word is spoken in jest. I'm glad you can still see the humor in things. I can't even begin to imagine how hard/uncertain life must be for you sometimes. Your husband is a brave man, but you are one brave woman, and you deserve our respect.
BTW: I think I forgot to include your son in my wishes. How's he doing? We don't get to see much of him lately...

Written By: Henk on 12/17/07 at 12:49 pm

I got three cards in the mail today, two from fellow members. :)

I'd like to say thank you to snozberries (really kind words! Maybe we are related after all...) and bookmistress4ever (I felt really bad about opening the envelop...). I've found out I got more friends than I realized. :)

Written By: nally on 12/17/07 at 4:36 pm

I received a wonderful card from Henk today (Your's will be in the mail on Monday)  Gi's sent me a simply faboo card, and I got a cute card from Jeffrey.  Thank you guys.

Glad you enjoyed it, Kathie!

Jeff

Written By: nally on 12/17/07 at 4:37 pm

Oh...my pleasure! I picked out a kitty cat card for you because I knew you had some cats, so I figured you might like the one I gave you. :) ;)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/17/07 at 7:34 pm

Jeff- Your card arrived today! We love it!!!!! Thank you!

Q- Yours is on the way!

Tam- So is yours!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/17/07 at 9:45 pm

I got 2 cards today:

there was a funny one from Jessica & Rice.  thanks a bunch

and one from nally. thanks Jeff, & 'll get one out to you in tomorrow's mail since I did not have your address until now.

Written By: karen on 12/17/07 at 10:10 pm

Thanks Mike for my card just received today.

Written By: Tam on 12/17/07 at 10:54 pm

I received Gis' Christmas Card today!!! Thanks so much Girl!

As for The Son, he is on punishment yet again so he has no access to the internet. :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/18/07 at 1:47 am

Thanks Mike for my card just received today.
you're welcome  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/07 at 9:42 am

Bah Humbug.

:D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: statsqueen on 12/18/07 at 10:32 am

Jeff (nally), yours went out Saturday.  Tam and Henk, yours are hopefully going out today.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/18/07 at 11:33 am

Bah Humbug.

:D ;D ;D ;D

Cat
I really want to send cards to every address in Vermont

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/07 at 11:43 am

I really want to send cards to every address in Vermont

One time my mailman came to my door with a package and asked me if that was me. The first name was correct but the last name wasn't and the address was totally wrong (the only thing that was correct was the town & state). I looked at the return address and recognized it. I said it was indeed me. He told me that everyone at the P.O. were trying to figure out who it could be for. Any other place they would have sent it back. That is only ONE of the many times that the Vermont Post Office has gone above and beyond the call of duty.

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/18/07 at 11:57 am

One time my mailman came to my door with a package and asked me if that was me. The first name was correct but the last name wasn't and the address was totally wrong (the only thing that was correct was the town & state). I looked at the return address and recognized it. I said it was indeed me. He told me that everyone at the P.O. were trying to figure out who it could be for. Any other place they would have sent it back. That is only ONE of the many times that the Vermont Post Office has gone above and beyond the call of duty.

Cat
what happened to the last name? was it close or completely off? and that was nice to get the personal service & that they know you but then they're probably used to delivering Fredrick's Of Hollywood to your address  ;D . my postal delivery lady knows me and always says hi Mike when I pick up our mail at the mailboxes around corner in our neighborhood. she's very chatty 

Written By: Gis on 12/18/07 at 12:10 pm

I received Gis' Christmas Card today!!! Thanks so much Girl!

As for The Son, he is on punishment yet again so he has no access to the internet. :(
You're very welcome, I'm loving the fact I mailed them all on the same day and they are still arriving this many days/weeks later!  ;D

I just got Patty's beautiful card, thank you so much.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/07 at 12:11 pm

what happened to the last name? was it close or completely off? and that was nice to get the personal service & that they know you but then they're probably used to delivering Fredrick's Of Hollywood to your address  ;D . my postal delivery lady knows me and always says hi Mike when I pick up our mail at the mailboxes around corner in our neighborhood. she's very chatty 

The first 4 letters of the last name were correct but that was it. As for those Fredrick's of Hollywood packages, I couldn't afford them at that time so there weren't any packages from there being delivered to that address.

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/18/07 at 2:43 pm

Just bought and posted my secret santa present.  I nearly forgot to put my name on it - that would've been really secret!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/18/07 at 2:45 pm

I just got Patty's beautiful card, thank you so much.  :)

You are very welcome.  I'm glad you liked it.

Written By: Henk on 12/18/07 at 3:05 pm

I got three cards in the mail today, two from fellow members. :)

I'd like to say thank you to snozberries (really kind words! Maybe we are related after all...) and bookmistress4ever (I felt really bad about opening the envelop...). I've found out I got more friends than I realized. :)

Oh, and Patty...I got the right card. ;)

Today I received a lovely card from Krissy - and not just because of the words. For those of you that are wondering: she sent me a Sinterklaas card (depicting Sinterklaas on his grey).
I'm a bit puzzled about the newspaper clipping, though...I wasn't planning a daytrip to Calistoga. :-\\

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/18/07 at 3:48 pm

Oh yay!  I actually thought your card was one of the ones I...put in the wrong envelope.  I'm glad it got to you in time too.  :)

Written By: statsqueen on 12/18/07 at 4:32 pm

Ash,

I got your wonderful card.  I can't find if I have already thanked you for it, so I would like to take this opportunity to do so with my apologies for being tardy.  It is adorable and I thank you for the message.

Merry Christmas!

Written By: nally on 12/18/07 at 6:03 pm

and one from nally. thanks Jeff, & 'll get one out to you in tomorrow's mail since I did not have your address until now.

Oh sorry...I guess I'd forgotten to PM you. My bad.

I received Erin's card in the mail yesterday. Thanks for the doggie stickers too!!! ;D

Written By: nally on 12/18/07 at 6:03 pm

Jeff (nally), yours went out Saturday.

Cool...hopefully I'll receive it in the next few days. Likewise, I sent out your card yesterday afternoon.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/18/07 at 6:34 pm

Got home from running some errands, including mailing Tam's card, and what did I see?

A card from Henk staring back at me!

Your words are profound, your meaning clear-

May you have a blessed Happy Sinterklaas this year!

(Hey, I'm a poet and didn't even........realize!)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/18/07 at 7:26 pm

Today I received a lovely card from Krissy - and not just because of the words. For those of you that are wondering: she sent me a Sinterklaas card (depicting Sinterklaas on his grey).
I'm a bit puzzled about the newspaper clipping, though...I wasn't planning a daytrip to Calistoga. :-\\

I am glad you enjoyed the Christmas card, Henk. I just thought the newspaper clipping would be kinda nice since it's from many miles away. I don't expect you traveleling to Calistoga anytime soon  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/18/07 at 7:30 pm

If I didn't mention it yet, I did recieve Jeff's card yesterday and it was very sweet! Thank you very much, Jeff!  :)

Written By: nally on 12/18/07 at 7:32 pm

If I didn't mention it yet, I did recieve Jeff's card yesterday and it was very sweet! Thank you very much, Jeff!  :)

My pleasure! 8) :-* I figured you might like that one. And thanks for the newspaper page/map as well.

Written By: statsqueen on 12/19/07 at 6:21 pm

Jeff,

Thank you for the lovely card and the message you wrote.  So very sweet.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/19/07 at 6:23 pm

Got Henk's beautiful card in the mail today.  Loved what you wrote also.  Thank you.  :)

Written By: Tam on 12/19/07 at 8:47 pm

I received a card from Mike in the mail today! Thank you so much Darlin'!!!

My final cards are going out tomorrow - hopefully you will still receive them in time. They would have been out sooner if the dog and cats didnt need to go get their shots and revolution and junk. Fun times!!!

I think I got another card a while back but I can't find it so I am not exactly sure who I got it from - if I havent mentioned your card yet then I apologize..... and Thank You ;)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/19/07 at 9:21 pm

My final cards are going out tomorrow - hopefully you will still receive them in time. They would have been out sooner if the dog and cats didnt need to go get their shots and revolution and junk. Fun times!!!

I think I got another card a while back but I can't find it so I am not exactly sure who I got it from - if I havent mentioned your card yet then I apologize..... and Thank You ;)

Yours is en route to you in Texas, Tam!

Written By: nally on 12/19/07 at 9:42 pm

Jeff,

Thank you for the lovely card and the message you wrote. So very sweet.

Oh...you are so welcome!! :) 8) O0 I received your card in the mail yesterday.

And I received Wayne's (Hawktheslayer) card in today's mail. Thanks all!!

Also, I sent Patty (bookmistress4ever) a card this morning in the mail...so she should be getting it within the next few days!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/19/07 at 11:34 pm

Thank you Tam...for the lovely card and the lovelier words! Love ya girl! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/20/07 at 12:01 am

...I think I got another card a while back but I can't find it so I am not exactly sure who I got it from - if I havent mentioned your card yet then I apologize..... and Thank You ;)
aw shucks,  ::)  you're welcome Tam

I just received a wonderful card from The Netherlands and I wish I could give you double karma Henk, for that was a most excellent Badfinger song reference in your greeting. thanks a bunch

and Jeff, I'm sorry for the delay but your card is going in the mail 1st thing in the morning so hopefully you'll get it by Monday.

Written By: Gis on 12/20/07 at 4:29 am

I got Statsqueen's card yesterday. thank you very much.  :) 

Written By: Tam on 12/20/07 at 10:11 am

Thank you Tam...for the lovely card and the lovelier words! Love ya girl! :)

You are quite welcome my friend! ;)

Written By: statsqueen on 12/20/07 at 11:17 am

I got Statsqueen's card yesterday. thank you very much.  :) 

It was truly my pleasure, Gis!  :)  8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/20/07 at 12:02 pm

I sent Gis and Henk's cards out yesterday.  Hope they get them before Christmas.

Written By: Henk on 12/20/07 at 12:51 pm

I sent Gis and Henk's cards out yesterday.  Hope they get them before Christmas.

I hope so too. :)

I got 11 Christmas cards today (I'm sure that's a record for me), two more from fellow members.

So Erin and Tam: Thank you very very much. I'm feeling all warm and jolly right now. :)

Written By: nally on 12/20/07 at 4:05 pm

So far I have sent 9 Christmas cards to fellow members and received 7. That's a record for me (in one year, that is). 8) All of them are on the top shelf of one of the bookcases in my room.

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/07 at 5:22 pm

Okay I owe lots of apologies... I have been out of touch for about a week and a half because the bug I had on Thanksgiving reattacked with a vengeance!

Anyway I got great cards from Hawk & Ladyhawk, Henk, Jeff (the dog was so cute!!!!)  and a hilarious card from Jessica! 

But the prize for best idea for a card exchange goes to Jessica (I mean Senor Tequila for send a card to my Carly ;D now that really made my day.

Badfinger Fan was my Secret Santa and he got me a great inthe00s mug... Thanks Mike I love it... and that is my first official inthe00s product so now I can say I am a true member. I am even actively recruiting friends who claim I have abandoned them for this board....  But Mike, I must admit, when I opened the box, the way the mug was wrapped, I only saw it from the front and so I thought it was a can of yams....which would have been an equally appropriate gift  ;) (Especially if they had come in protective bubble wrap!!! :D )  I got Chocolate too...good chocolate but that's gone now.

Thanks every one! 

And Jeff I assume Chick-fil-a would be an appropriate meeting place if we do get to meet up in 08?

Written By: Jessica on 12/20/07 at 6:16 pm

Okay I owe lots of apologies... I have been out of touch for about a week and a half because the bug I had on Thanksgiving reattacked with a vengeance!

Anyway I got great cards from Hawk & Ladyhawk, Henk, Jeff (the dog was so cute!!!!)  and a hilarious card from Jessica! 

But the prize for best idea for a card exchange goes to Jessica (I mean Senor Tequila for send a card to my Carly ;D now that really made my day.

Badfinger Fan was my Secret Santa and he got me a great inthe00s mug... Thanks Mike I love it... and that is my first official inthe00s product so now I can say I am a true member. I am even actively recruiting friends who claim I have abandoned them for this board....  But Mike, I must admit, when I opened the box, the way the mug was wrapped, I only saw it from the front and so I thought it was a can of yams....which would have been an equally appropriate gift  ;) (Especially if they had come in protective bubble wrap!!! :D )  I got Chocolate too...good chocolate but that's gone now.

Thanks every one!   

And Jeff I assume Chick-fil-a would be an appropriate meeting place if we do get to meet up in 08?

I thought Carly would like that. :D

Hope you feel better soon, especially with the next holiday (of food) rolling around.

I guess I should say that I got cards from everyone that sent me them, just in case you're worrying. I appreciate them all, and they certainly brightened up my bookshelf and kitchen table. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/20/07 at 6:29 pm

Thanks every one!   

you're welcome and I sure wish I'd thought of the YAMS at the time  :)    those chocolates are so good, and Lady Di gets them every year at Costco, and lets me have a ration of them which I shared with you  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/07 at 6:32 pm

well I was talking about yams so much at Thanksgiving I wouldn't have blamed you.... costco huh? I might have to make a trip those are yummy thanks for sharing your ration with me!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/20/07 at 6:35 pm

well I was talking about yams so much at Thanksgiving I wouldn't have blamed you.... costco huh? I might have to make a trip those are yummy thanks for sharing your ration with me!
yeah, I'm happy to share the wealth. they have those candies only at Christmas time and she always gives her co-workers mugs filled with them.  inthe00s.com stuff is available at cafepress.com.  ChuckyG had the inthe00s shirts made available through that company.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/20/07 at 10:24 pm

I just receieved presents from My Secret Santa, karen.  a very cute Penguin tree ornament and some of Connecticut's finest chocolates from Munson's Chocolates.  one was a chocolate CD. awesome gifts. I love em'.  thank you very much karen. The ornament is already hanging on our tree and I'm debating whether I want to share the chocolate with Diane & Julie.  :-\\ 

Written By: Tam on 12/21/07 at 12:12 am

I hope so too. :)

I got 11 Christmas cards today (I'm sure that's a record for me), two more from fellow members.

So Erin and Tam: Thank you very very much. I'm feeling all warm and jolly right now. :)

Wow Henk! I am truly surprised you received it so quickly! I mailed it Saturday - 7 days!!!! That's awesome! 8)

Written By: Gis on 12/21/07 at 2:42 am

I got Erin's card yesterday. Thank you Sweetie.  :-*

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/21/07 at 7:58 am

I got Erin's card yesterday. Thank you Sweetie.  :-*

awwww...you are welcome, girlie! :)

Written By: Tam on 12/21/07 at 12:06 pm

Yay!!! I received my card from Karen yesterday!! Thank you Girlie!!! 8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/21/07 at 2:47 pm

Got Tam's card today!  Thank you ma'am.  You hopefully will get yours by Christmas...

Written By: Gis on 12/22/07 at 4:38 am

I got Cat's card today, thank you.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/07 at 1:19 pm

I got Cat's card today, thank you.  :)

No problem.  :)

Cat

Written By: Marian on 12/22/07 at 2:57 pm

;)I would like a notebook computer---one you're throwing away is fine,a digi camera,camera phone,cedar chest,magazine rack,LCD tv,DVD-VCR combo--if I think of anything else I'll let you know!!LOL ;) :D

Written By: Henk on 12/23/07 at 9:51 am

Jeff (nally), yours went out Saturday.  Tam and Henk, yours are hopefully going out today.

I received your card yesterday, Amy. :)

Thanks for the truly nice words, and now that I have your address I can (finally) send you a card in return. It's gonna be too late for Christmas, but I'm sure you won't mind.

Written By: Jessica on 12/23/07 at 10:25 am

;)I would like a notebook computer---one you're throwing away is fine,a digi camera,camera phone,cedar chest,magazine rack,LCD tv,DVD-VCR combo--if I think of anything else I'll let you know!!LOL ;) :D

I want a million dollars and a cabana boy to do my bidding.

*cues up the Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want"*

;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/23/07 at 10:42 am

I got Tam's card yesterday!  Thx!!!

Written By: Tam on 12/23/07 at 11:27 am

Y'all are so welcome! I am sorry for those that got out late from here. It is the thought that counts though right?

8) ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/23/07 at 11:39 am

Y'all are so welcome! I am sorry for those that got out late from here. It is the thought that counts though right?

8) ;D

any card that makes it before Christmas is on time in my book....  ;)

Written By: statsqueen on 12/23/07 at 2:40 pm

I received your card yesterday, Amy. :)

Thanks for the truly nice words, and now that I have your address I can (finally) send you a card in return. It's gonna be too late for Christmas, but I'm sure you won't mind.

I'm glad you like it.  And of course I don't mind if it's late, Henk.  I will be thrilled and honored to get it whenever it arrives (I won't be home til the 28th anyway!).  :)

Written By: nally on 12/23/07 at 4:52 pm

Oh certainly! I was just there this past Thursday night to get some dinner.

Meanwhile I received a card from Mike (Badfinger Fan) in the mail yesterday. I sent one to Patty (bookmistress) last week but I haven't received one from her yet...I presume it's on its way. If I get it after Christmas, that's not a big deal.

Written By: Howard on 12/23/07 at 5:32 pm

I want a million dollars and a cabana boy to do my bidding.

*cues up the Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want"*

;D

I want a million dollars too...  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/24/07 at 1:43 am

Oh certainly! I was just there this past Thursday night to get some dinner.

Meanwhile I received a card from Mike (Badfinger Fan) in the mail yesterday. I sent one to Patty (bookmistress) last week but I haven't received one from her yet...I presume it's on its way. If I get it after Christmas, that's not a big deal.
cool. I'm glad you got it Jeff.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/24/07 at 2:43 am

Just wanted to say...that I am actually sending out my secret Santa gift on Wednesday. I wanted to get it out sooner...but things have been crazy....so, the person that is the recipient...don't worry..I didn't forget about you. :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/24/07 at 8:57 am

I have to wait till Wendsday to send my gift out.  I have it wrapped.  Maybe I should asked the jolly ,fat man in red, to take it when he comes.  I heard he's faster than UPS. :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/24/07 at 10:29 am

I have to wait till Wendsday to send my gift out.  I have it wrapped.  Maybe I should asked the jolly ,fat man in red, to take it when he comes.  I heard he's faster than UPS. :)

I'm sorry but we refer to him as the "pleasant, plus sized winter holiday non-religious representative (or icon)" they really can't decide on that last part  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/24/07 at 10:44 am

I'm sorry but we refer to him as the "pleasant, plus sized winter holiday non-religious representative (or icon)" they really can't decide on that last part  ;D

Yeah, that guy!!! ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/24/07 at 11:52 am

Just wanted to say...that I am actually sending out my secret Santa gift on Wednesday. I wanted to get it out sooner...but things have been crazy....so, the person that is the recipient...don't worry..I didn't forget about you. :)

I thought that I had plenty of time and mailed it out thinking it would get there on time. Little did I know that my giftee would be going out of town for the holidays.  :o  So, I sent it Priority thinking that this person would get it the day before (s)he left. But, my wonderful husband who took it to the Post Office-along with several other packages, left it on the counter at the P.O. so it didn't go out until a day later-and I'm sure my giftee didn't get it before leaving on vacation. So, it will be waiting upon returning home.

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/24/07 at 1:56 pm

Just got the funniest E-card Christmas greeting from thereshegoes.  I just about busted a gut. thanks Isabel

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/24/07 at 2:18 pm

I sent one to Patty (bookmistress) last week but I haven't received one from her yet...I presume it's on its way. If I get it after Christmas, that's not a big deal.

I went back to visit my family and the hubby's family from Friday and just got back this morning at 4 a.m. 

This afternoon I was clearing the dining room table where a humoungus pile of mail has been piling up this past week and I found 4 cards that I addressed but did not get into the mail.  :o :o  :-[  AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!  I thought I had posted them last week, but I had inadvertantly placed them on the table and they got mixed in with the mail needing to be sorted that came in...

Soooo to make a long story short (too late)... they are going into the mail today.  And I guess they will be New Years cards.  :(  I am so very sorry.  My life is a little complicated right now.  I need to rent a new brain (and hire a secretary).

Written By: snozberries on 12/24/07 at 2:48 pm

I went back to visit my family and the hubby's family from Friday and just got back this morning at 4 a.m. 

This afternoon I was clearing the dining room table where a humoungus pile of mail has been piling up this past week and I found 4 cards that I addressed but did not get into the mail.  :o :o  :-[  AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!  I thought I had posted them last week, but I had inadvertantly placed them on the table and they got mixed in with the mail needing to be sorted that came in...

Soooo to make a long story short (too late)... they are going into the mail today.  And I guess they will be New Years cards.  :(  I am so very sorry.  My life is a little complicated right now.  I need to rent a new brain (and hire a secretary).

I did the same thing... I had cards I wrote on the 12th of December (one included a friends B-Day card for the 15th) I thought I put them in the mail on the 13th but found them under some stuff on the front seat of my car.....on the 20th!

Written By: nally on 12/24/07 at 4:06 pm

Soooo to make a long story short (too late)... they are going into the mail today.  And I guess they will be New Years cards.   :(  I am so very sorry.  My life is a little complicated right now.  I need to rent a new brain (and hire a secretary).

'tis quite all right...I'll get one when it arrives. Sorry you feel stressed. :-\\

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/26/07 at 3:10 am

Tam- Didya ever receive our card?!?!?

Written By: Tam on 12/26/07 at 11:13 am

Not yet - should arrive today though I am sure! 8)

Tam- Didya ever receive our card?!?!?

So, Red Ant asked me when I sent his card, and guess what? Like a couple other people, my second batch to send out is still sitting here on my desk. Now I figure what I will do is write Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's Day in them - that way they are bound to arrive before a holiday on time!!! ;D ;D

Written By: nally on 12/26/07 at 12:03 pm

Not yet - should arrive today though I am sure! 8)

So, Red Ant asked me when I sent his card, and guess what: Like a couple other people, my second batch to send out is still sitting here on my desk. Now I figure what I will do is write Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's Day in them - that way they are bound to arrive before a holiday on time!!! ;D ;D

LOL!! Personally I'd pick an appropriate card for said holidays, but it's the thought that counts. :)

I thank everyone who has sent me a card this year...and I look forward to doing this again next year!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/26/07 at 1:56 pm

I recieved a very pretty card from Henk with a kind message in it. And, yes, Henk has very nice handwriting!  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/26/07 at 10:03 pm

Talking with a co-worker today about how it's already the day after Christmas, and how it all comes and goes so fast. The build up and excitement and then the day finally arrives, and now it's already the day after, & I was feeling like it was over too fast but that feeling changed when Diane told me I had some more Christmas cards in the mail. 
got 3 cards, 1 from Tam, thanks Tam.
got another one from Belle du Jour. thanks a bunch Karen
and one from former member Sister Morphine.

all 3 are very special to me and I thank you

Written By: Tam on 12/27/07 at 2:21 am

Hawk - finally got your card today!!!! Thank you!!!

Talking with a co-worker today about how it's already the day after Christmas, and how it all comes and goes so fast. The build up and excitement and then the day finally arrives, and now it's already the day after, & I was feeling like it was over too fast but that feeling changed when Diane told me I had some more Christmas cards in the mail. 
got 3 cards, 1 from Tam, thanks Tam.
got another one from Belle du Jour. thanks a bunch Karen
and one from former member Sister Morphine.

all 3 are very special to me and I thank you

And you are very welcome Mike!  8)

Written By: Henk on 12/27/07 at 4:35 pm

Got another Christmas card today. Thanks Kathie (Reynolds1863) for the bears and kind words! :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/27/07 at 6:54 pm

Got another Christmas card today. Thanks Kathie (Reynolds1863) for the bears and kind words! :)

Yea!!!  You got it!!!! :) :) :)

Written By: nally on 12/27/07 at 10:37 pm

I recieved a very pretty card from Henk with a kind message in it. And, yes, Henk has very nice handwriting!  :)

In all the cards I've received, I've gotten a chance to see other members' handwriting. Some of you have beautiful writing! :)

Btw I think we had a handwriting thread on here a couple years or so ago...but it's probably buried way down.

Written By: Gis on 12/28/07 at 7:29 am

Today I got my secret santa gift from Tam, thanks it's very cool.  8)

I also got a card from Reynolds1863, thank you also.  :)

Written By: Tam on 12/28/07 at 9:38 am

Today I got my secret santa gift from Tam, thanks it's very cool.  8)

I also got a card from Reynolds1863, thank you also.  :)

You are very welcome Girl!

It was hard to find something for you - I wasn't sure if you ever got your roof done, and sending shingles in the mail just didn't seem right! Would have cost a fortune too! LOL ;D I honestly hope you like it though. (I bought myself one to match!)

Yesterday, I received a box and card in the mail from Red Ant. Thank you Jack and thank the wifey for me too!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/07 at 11:03 am

I got my Secret Santa gift from Quirk (Erin).  She got me a box full of goodies: chocolate, a couple of pot holders (how did you know ours were getting a bit...um...worn out), chocolate, bath gel/lotion set, M&Ms, magnetic note pad (with kitties of course  ;) ), A chocolate orange (which I couldn't find this year), and of course chocolate.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/29/07 at 3:02 am

I got my Secret Santa gift from Quirk (Erin).  She got me a box full of goodies: chocolate, a couple of pot holders (how did you know ours were getting a bit...um...worn out), chocolate, bath gel/lotion set, M&Ms, magnetic note pad (with kitties of course  ;) ), A chocolate orange (which I couldn't find this year), and of course chocolate.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Cat

awwww...you're welcome girl!! I am glad you liked everything. I included some extra chocolates...for Carlos! :)

Written By: Gis on 12/29/07 at 6:24 am

awwww...you're welcome girl!! I am glad you liked everything. I included some extra chocolates...for Carlos! :)
You tell her that now! Do you think there are any left?  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/07 at 11:14 am

Well, you do know he is diabetic.  :-\\  It's a good thing he didn't care too much for chocolate-more for me.  ;D ;D ;D  (Though he did ate quite a bit of the cookies his dad sent to us  :-\\ ) But since he does the cooking, I figured he will be using the pot holders more than I do.  ;)

You tell her that now! Do you think there are any left?  ;D

LOL!!!! Actually (believe it or not) there is. At this point, I have had 1 candy bar and 1 of the mini M&Ms. I'm sure most of it will probably be gone by the new year.  ;)

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/29/07 at 8:01 pm

Well, you do know he is diabetic. 

Cat

awww...no, I had no idea that he was diabetic, Cat. Well...I'm glad he will put the pot holders to good use then!! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/07 at 1:47 pm

awww...no, I had no idea that he was diabetic, Cat. Well...I'm glad he will put the pot holders to good use then!! :)

I made the mistake of reading your last post to him yesterday-so last night he stole had one of the candy bars. (His blood sugar was just a bit elevated this morning.)

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/30/07 at 2:18 pm

I made the mistake of reading your last post to him yesterday-so last night he stole had one of the candy bars. (His blood sugar was just a bit elevated this morning.)

Cat

uh-oh..I should have kept quiet huh?  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/07 at 2:30 pm

uh-oh..I should have kept quiet huh?  ;)

It's ok. He would have taken one anyway. (And he is going a have a bit of the chocolate orange when I eat that.)

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/31/07 at 8:26 pm

I was hoping to get at least one more card...but I'll just have to wait till next year. :-\\

Written By: karen on 01/03/08 at 2:25 pm

I can't remember if I mentioned getting Tam's card (it arrived the day I left I think).  I also received a card from Belle.

Many thanks to Cat (and Carlos) for my secret santa gift.  Vermont looks lovely!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/08 at 2:48 pm

I can't remember if I mentioned getting Tam's card (it arrived the day I left I think).  I also received a card from Belle.

Many thanks to Cat (and Carlos) for my secret santa gift.  Vermont looks lovely!

You are very welcome-and I hope you will come to see it for yourself.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 01/03/08 at 3:33 pm

Next Year mine will be coming from NY! 8)

Written By: nally on 01/04/08 at 1:14 pm

Next Year mine will be coming from NY! 8)

so you're moving? I hope all goes well with that. :)

Written By: nally on 01/11/08 at 12:24 am

Well...as I mentioned in the mail thread, I finally received a card from Patty, but it wasn't a Christmas card. Still, it's the thought that counts....and I appreciate it! :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/11/08 at 6:41 pm

I got one from Patty too.  I responded to it immediately.  Hope she likes the Pottery Barn gift card.  Yes, my present is late. :-[

Written By: Jessica on 01/11/08 at 6:46 pm

Yes yes. I got a New Year's card from Patty yesterday. It was very unique and very pretty. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/11/08 at 6:50 pm

My apologies for the lateness, the only thing I was ever early for was my birth.  :-[ :-[ :-[

I thought a New Years card would at least be unique, not unlike myself.  Next year I'm gonna start my Christmas cards in September so that I'll be ready on time. (hopefully)  :P

Written By: nally on 01/11/08 at 7:36 pm

My apologies for the lateness, the only thing I was ever early for was my birth.  :-[ :-[ :-[

I thought a New Years card would at least be unique, not unlike myself.  Next year I'm gonna start my Christmas cards in September so that I'll be ready on time. (hopefully) :P

Sounds like a good plan. :) I liked your New Year's card...the poem that you made with each letter in NEWYEARS was quite clever.

Written By: adagio on 01/11/08 at 11:50 pm

Looks like I missed out in 2007.  I'll look for it next year, uh, I mean the last of this year.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/08 at 12:07 pm

I thought a New Years card would at least be unique, not unlike myself.  Next year I'm gonna start my Christmas cards in September so that I'll be ready on time. (hopefully)  :P

Why not start now. That way you are SURE that they will be on time.  ;)

j/k

Cat

Written By: gemini on 01/14/08 at 4:12 pm

Looks like I missed out in 2007.  I'll look for it next year, uh, I mean the last of this year.

Yep me too :( 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/14/08 at 4:17 pm

Why not start now. That way you are SURE that they will be on time.  ;)

j/k

Cat

That would be a great idea, although some people move, and actually I probably will be moving in October/November myself, so knowing me... I'd lose all my cards that I did by then.  I'm not the most organized penguin around, I'm afraid.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 01/14/08 at 4:21 pm

That would be a great idea, although some people move, and actually I probably will be moving in October/November myself, so knowing me... I'd lose all my cards that I did by then.  I'm not the most organized penguin around, I'm afraid.   :\'(

I always store mine in a safe place.

Anyways, I would like to thank everyone on here who sent me a card for doing so!! And I look forward to sending some out later this year (that is, 10 or 11 months from now).

Written By: Henk on 01/14/08 at 5:13 pm

I'm wondering if Amy ever got my card...I don't recall her mentioning it. :-\\

Written By: adagio on 01/14/08 at 6:36 pm

What do you do to get on the list?  And who do you send them to?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/14/08 at 6:51 pm

What do you do to get on the list?  And who do you send them to?

When this thread is started each year, you submit your name for the exchange.
You specify if you want to just exchange cards, or if you want to do a card & "Secret Santa" gift.
The one in charge of the thread then will send you the name of the "gift" recipient, if you do that.

As for cards, you PM those you want to receive from, and exchange snail mail contact info.
The rest is self-explanatory.

Written By: adagio on 01/14/08 at 6:55 pm

Thanks.  When you or somebody says self-explanaory it's probably something I don't know.  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 01/14/08 at 8:38 pm

I'm wondering if Amy ever got my card...I don't recall her mentioning it. :-\\

Henk,

I haven't received it---believe me, you would have known the minute I opened it.  I didn't know if myabe you changed your mind or something happened---plus the fact that I have absolutely NO clue how long it should take to arrive....

Did you ever receive mine?  I entrusted it to a colleague who swore she took it to the post office and had the correct postage put on it.... 

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/08 at 9:55 pm

Henk,

I haven't received it---believe me, you would have known the minute I opened it.  I didn't know if myabe you changed your mind or something happened---plus the fact that I have absolutely NO clue how long it should take to arrive....

Did you ever receive mine?  I entrusted it to a colleague who swore she took it to the post office and had the correct postage put on it.... 

My aunt (also in Holland) sent me a birthday card November 16th for my b-day on 12/7.  I didn't get it until after Christmas!!! Other cards from family in Holland (and Henk) got to me quickly...its weird how that works.

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 12:23 pm

Well, my mail came today and I received a Christmas card from the in-laws.... they are in Maryland!!!

It is post marked December 4th, 2007

I wonder where my card has been and what wonders it has seen?? ;D ;D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/09/08 at 12:31 pm

Well, my mail came today and I received a Christmas card from the in-laws.... they are in Maryland!!!

Wow. You think it would have gotten there quicker if they had walked it to you.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 12:35 pm

Wow. You think it would have gotten there quicker if they had walked it to you.

Cat

Tell me about it right! ;D 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/08 at 12:37 pm

Around the world?

Written By: nally on 02/09/08 at 6:47 pm

Sweet nibbelits! :o :o Your card has been stuck in the mail for two whole months? ??? It seems kinda odd that it would get lost.

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 10:18 pm

Sweet nibbelits! :o :o Your card has been stuck in the mail for two whole months? ??? It seems kinda odd that it would get lost.

Who you telling??!! LOL

Written By: nally on 02/09/08 at 10:27 pm

Who you telling??!! LOL

I've just never known any piece of mail to be "out there" for that long of a time period.  still, there's a slight chance that anything could've happened to it...i don't know :-\\

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 10:34 pm

I've just never known any piece of mail to be "out there" for that long of a time period.  still, there's a slight chance that anything could've happened to it...i don't know :-\\

could've got stuck in a conveyor belt, or in the mail drop box, or anywhere for that matter. ;)

I remember a story growing up about a letter that was mailed but wasn't received for almost 15 years... couldn't tell ya where it was from though cause it was that long ago!

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/08 at 10:38 pm

We got our Christmas present from my adopted grandparents like a week ago. The US Postal Service is nuts. :P

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 11:57 pm

We got our Christmas present from my adopted grandparents like a week ago. The US Postal Service is nuts. :P

Thank goodness I am not the only one then! ;D ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/08 at 4:41 am

Thank goodness I am not the only one then! ;D ;D
The card should have keep back and posted next Christmas and no one would have noticed?

Check for new replies or respond here...