inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Take ten minutes...

Written By: ADH13 on 11/13/07 at 10:45 pm

Hey guys, it's been awhile...

So I guess this is a combination of venting and giving a little advice...

My laptop crashed... completely.  I am so mad.  It wasn't even two years old and was working fine... and the hard drive suddenly just died...and I lost EVERYTHING.  Now I'm kicking myself because I never backed up my music onto a CD.  I had downloaded thousands of songs (on dial up, mind you)...and now they're all gone, except for the couple hundred that I had burned for road trips, etc...

They say it could cost up to $1000 to "try" to recover my data.  I don't want this to happen to you guys, so take 10 minutes to back up your mp3's... I wish like hell I did...

So how's everyone doing? :D

Subject: Re: Take ten minutes...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/07 at 10:47 pm

ANDREA!!!!!! How are you girl?!! Wow, it's been so long..I've missed talking to you! Please don't make yourself a stranger...visit us more often! :)

Written By: ADH13 on 11/13/07 at 11:04 pm

ANDREA!!!!!! How are you girl?!! Wow, it's been so long..I've missed talking to you! Please don't make yourself a stranger...visit us more often! :)

I'm sure I will when I get a new computer... this ancient piece of garbage I'm using now is a pain, it is super slow and boots me off the internet all the time, freezes up, etc... so that's why I'm not on much these days.  Once I get my property taxes paid next month I can start looking for a new computer.  It's good to see you tho! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/07 at 11:04 pm

I'm sure I will when I get a new computer... this ancient piece of garbage I'm using now is a pain, it is super slow and boots me off the internet all the time, freezes up, etc... so that's why I'm not on much these days.   Once I get my property taxes paid next month I can start looking for a new computer.  It's good to see you tho! :)

It's great to see you too...makes me think of old times on the boards! ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/13/07 at 11:06 pm

when I first saw the title of this thread, my mind went into the gutter  ;D  just kidding.  good to see you back Andrea and thanks for the warning and sad that you had to lose so much. good luck getting as many of them back as you can.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/13/07 at 11:07 pm

It's great to see you too...makes me think of old times on the boards! ;D

Haha it's funny you say that, cause I was going through my CDs trying to find as much of my music as I could and the songs were reminding me of inthe00s... and that's what made me stop by!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/07 at 11:09 pm

Haha it's funny you say that, cause I was going through my CDs trying to find as much of my music as I could and the songs were reminding me of inthe00s... and that's what made me stop by!

awww..that's awesome! :)

Written By: ADH13 on 11/13/07 at 11:10 pm

when I first saw the title of this thread, my mind went into the gutter  ;D  just kidding.  good to see you back Andrea and thanks for the warning and sad that you had to lose so much. good luck getting as many of them back as you can.

:P

Thanks!  It's going to be a headache, but eventually I'm sure I can get them all back... :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/13/07 at 11:23 pm

:P

Thanks!  It's going to be a headache, but eventually I'm sure I can get them all back... :)
I sorta know the feeling of your loss from experience, except that it wasn't a system crash, I screwed up and deleted almost 500 songs from Julie's Itunes in the computer, but I was able to get back onto her Ipod. 

so Itunes gift cards are on your xmas wish list  :)

Written By: whistledog on 11/14/07 at 12:02 am

Good to see you again Andrea :)

I should back up my mp3s onto a hard drive.  I've got songs that I probably may never get again

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/14/07 at 12:08 am

I had a wake up call in mid-2004. Lost all my data after my PC (an old piece of junk) decided to "blow up", not literally of course, but it did spark a little.  :o Luckily I had most of my music backed up, but my school files had all gone, including an assignment I was working on.  :-\\ But at least my music was ok.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/14/07 at 7:25 am

Good To see you Andrea,How you been,girl?  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/14/07 at 7:57 am

Good to see you back again, how long has it been now.

I hear a lot about Laptops crashing, which is the key reason for not having one, but as for portability they are very handed, but can still be heavy to carry around.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/07 at 11:56 am

Welcome back. We missed you around here. And sorry about your computer loss. BTW, sledgehammers work great on them.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/14/07 at 11:57 am

Welcome back. We missed you around here. And sorry about your computer loss. BTW, sledgehammers work great on them.  ;)

Cat
Virtual sledgehammers?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/14/07 at 7:09 pm

Nice to see ya back, Andrea.

If you want some help with recovering songs, or if you want some new ones, shoot me a line.
Perhaps I can help?

Written By: ADH13 on 11/14/07 at 7:19 pm

so Itunes gift cards are on your xmas wish list  :)

Once I get a new computer I may actually post a wish list of songs I have trouble finding... chances are someone around here will have them and would be nice enough to send me a copy :)

I hear a lot about Laptops crashing, which is the key reason for not having one, but as for portability they are very handed, but can still be heavy to carry around.

Yeah, my ancient desktop is still running (though outdated)  I'm not sure how old it is but I'm thinking about 12 years old or more... it has a disk drive and I had to buy a CD burner and install it myself if that gives you a hint.. but it outlived my 2 year old laptop..go figure.

It's good to see you all though!

Written By: ADH13 on 11/14/07 at 7:20 pm

Nice to see ya back, Andrea.

If you want some help with recovering songs, or if you want some new ones, shoot me a line.
Perhaps I can help?

Thanks, I probably will take you up on that! :)

Subject: Re: Take ten minutes...(my wishlist)

Written By: ADH13 on 12/02/07 at 9:51 pm

So I finally have a new computer!!!  But of course, things can't go 100% smoothly... I can't get where I need to go to download my music because I seem to have a firewall problem or something...  sooooo here's a little wishlist... if anyone has any of these and is feeling generous enough to send me a copy... :-*  These are some of the ones I miss the most, and would be great to have while I try to sort out this firewall problem...

1. Sister Golden Hair - America
2. And I Love Her - Beatles
3. My Eyes Adored You - Frankie Valli
4. Window In The Skies - U2 (I think that's what it's called)
5. 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
6. You Make Me Feel Brand New - Stylistics
7. Cupid - Spinners
8. Whiter Shade of Pale - Procul Harem
9. Baby I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton
10. Fanny Be Tender - Bee Gees
11. So In Love - OMD
12. All I Want - Toad The Wet Sprocket

Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

Written By: La Roche on 12/02/07 at 9:55 pm

So I finally have a new computer!!!  But of course, things can't go 100% smoothly... I can't get where I need to go to download my music because I seem to have a firewall problem or something...  sooooo here's a little wishlist... if anyone has any of these and is feeling generous enough to send me a copy... :-*  These are some of the ones I miss the most, and would be great to have while I try to sort out this firewall problem...

1. Sister Golden Hair - America
2. And I Love Her - Beatles
3. My Eyes Adored You - Frankie Valli
4. Window In The Skies - U2 (I think that's what it's called)
5. 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
6. You Make Me Feel Brand New - Stylistics
7. Cupid - Spinners
8. Whiter Shade of Pale - Procul Harem
9. Baby I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton
10. Fanny Be Tender - Bee Gees
11. So In Love - OMD
12. All I Want - Toad The Wet Sprocket

Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

I'll send you the link to a great website I used that help me set up my ports properly so I could download quickly.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/02/07 at 10:16 pm

I'll send you the link to a great website I used that help me set up my ports properly so I could download quickly.

Thanks!!!  Disregard my wish list... and Andy is now crowned the Inthe00s Techie! :)

Written By: Howard on 12/03/07 at 7:08 am

Is that all the music you like?

Check for new replies or respond here...