inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sunrises and Sunsets.

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/13/07 at 11:19 pm

This might seem like a weird subject, but I really got interested in this in the early '90s. I think sunrises were fascinating even moreso because less people tended to be up for those, so it was more serene and unique. It was like the end of the nighttime world, so seeing the first glimmer of sunlight just seemed like such a cool event. I even used to want to go to school at night, just for fun, lol.

Since I've always tended to observe geeky details, I kinda figured two things out on my own when I was super into it. One is that the absolute first morning light and the very last light during sunset is almost exactly an hour before/after the technical "sunrise/sunset" time. Although it's less apparent on cloudy days. Also, the crack of dawn is almost never before 5am or after 7am. I think even in the dead of Winter, it's always at least starting to get light by Seven o'clock.

Subject: Re: Sunrises and Sunsets.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/07 at 11:22 pm

Hahaha..at first, I thought this thread may be about the musical, Fiddler On The Roof (Sunrise, Sunset)..hahaha. But anyway, I am usually not up early enough to see the sunrise...but I love when the sun sets. It makes for some really beautiful pictures. :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/13/07 at 11:32 pm

^ Thanks hon. :) Yeah it totally does. You know I actually have some pictures of a few - I used to be really into taking pictures in like 1992-1994, and I used to take them of scenery or things more than actual people, lol. I guess that ended up being cool for a couple reasons. Yeah, sunrises are great if you're up for them, but lots of times I'm just not a morning person if I don't need to be up.

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/07 at 11:57 pm

I'm asleep when the sun rises, and I am working when the sun sets, so I don't get to see either ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/14/07 at 12:05 am

I love the sunset. I'm never awake, even in winter to enjoy the sunrise. And if I am, I'm usually too half asleep to care. Although I've seen some magnificent sunrises when I've gone too bed very early on a summer morning, for whatever reason. Twilight usually lasts for a good half hour before it's obviously too dark to see anything.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/14/07 at 2:10 pm

Back when I used to stay up all hours of the night, I use to really enjoy the sunrise, yet, I think I enjoyed the sunset better because I enjoyed the night hours more than the daylight. I was kinda strange like that.

Written By: nally on 11/14/07 at 2:15 pm

I enjoy seeing these. I often get to see sunrises on weekday mornings (especially before the most recent time change), since I get up early on those days.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/14/07 at 5:17 pm

I love a beautiful sunset, & from the Berkeley hills area, or from a restaurant on the water at the Berkeley Marina, if you're fortunate enough to get a window seat during a sunset, you'll see a kaleidascope of colors in the blue sky, white clouds, yellow & orange, pink & red all at once in the same sky over the San Francisco Bay, sometimes the sun sets over the ocean behind the Golden Gate Bridge, & it's spectacular, much more vivid & awesome than any artist can illustrate. On Feb 23d 1996, my birthday, I was on my way home from work driving thru the El Cerrito Hills leaving Berkeley, the sun was setting & it was a masterpiece & I looked at it as a birthday gift just for me. I stopped by the side of the road, and just enjoyed it for about 5 minutes
nice thread Marty  8)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/15/07 at 6:03 am

I am more a sunrise person.  It is serene.  A cup of coffee on the rocky shore of Cape Ann "hath charms to soothe the savage breast".

http://www.gullcovehouse.com/full/sunrise_view_114L.jpg

Written By: Howard on 11/15/07 at 6:25 am

I enjoy seeing a nice sunrise during the summertime when it rises,It turns a bright orange or red.

Check for new replies or respond here...