inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What household chores do you hate the most?

Written By: ADH13 on 11/15/07 at 10:49 pm

I hate doing dishes.  I don't mind picking up a little clutter here and there, but when I let it go too long I hate doing it.

Subject: Re: What household chores do you hate the most?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/15/07 at 10:51 pm

Dusting, cleaning the bathroom, and other (taking out the garbage).

However, I LOVE to vacuum, organize, and do laundry. Does anyone want to hire me?!! ;D

Written By: karen on 11/15/07 at 10:51 pm

picking up clutter and mopping.  I don't mind sweeping, just hate mopping

Written By: whistledog on 11/15/07 at 10:54 pm

I hate doing the dishes.  I am tempted to just start buying paper plates and plastic cutlery

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/15/07 at 10:58 pm

I hate dusting and ironing.  I always put them off as long as possible.

Written By: karen on 11/15/07 at 11:00 pm

I hate dusting and ironing.  I always put them off as long as possible.

Ironing's great.  I do it whilst watching the TV.  Mind you I don't iron everything.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/15/07 at 11:27 pm

Dishes (only 'cause I had to do them every night when I was younger  8-P)
Cleaning toilet/bathroom. (Eww!)
Laundry (Meh.)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/15/07 at 11:32 pm

Vacuuming, i do it, but they are so noisy and ya gotta move stuff around, and adjust the cord and you can't hear the tv or music.

I would say clean the bathroom, but that's one thing I just don't do. Diane does it, she doesn't like it, but i dislike it more than her  :P

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/15/07 at 11:56 pm

I hate dusting, because it aggravates my allergies.  :(

Written By: Howard on 11/16/07 at 7:16 am

Taking Out The Trash. :P 8-P

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/16/07 at 8:16 am

I absolutely LOVE to clean, however, I dread having to clean the bathroom.

Written By: karen on 11/16/07 at 8:26 am

I hate dusting, because it aggravates my allergies.  :(

You could try wiping the surfaces with a damp cloth.  It stops the dust rising into the air.  My mum used to do this in my brothers' room, because my eldest brother had a dust allergy.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/16/07 at 8:52 am

I just hate all of it 8-P

Written By: Red Ant on 11/16/07 at 9:21 am

I voted other: cleaning the cat box.

I hate doing the dishes.  I am tempted to just start buying paper plates and plastic cutlery

I did that when I lived in NY. The only bowl and spoon I used was for cereal each morning, and I rinsed it out after I was done, same as my coffee cup.

However, I LOVE to vacuum, organize, and do laundry. Does anyone want to hire me?!! ;D

I'll hire ya! I do have a strict dress code though: French maid outfits.   :D

Ant

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/16/07 at 9:22 am

I did that when I lived in NY. The only bowl and spoon I used was for cereal each morning, and I rinsed it out after I was done, same as my coffee cup.

I'll hire ya! I do have a strict dress code though: French maid outfits.   :D

Ant

hahaah..silly boy! ;) :D ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/16/07 at 11:01 am

I selected ALL OF THE ABOVE.  ;D

I really don't like to clean, but I feel good after its done.

The absolute worst job is cleaning the litter box. 

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/16/07 at 12:57 pm

Vaccuming, both for the actual dust, and because plugging it in and stuff can be annoying. When I was younger, I dreaded when my mom had to do that just 'cause of the noise. I was like awww man, I can't hear the tv/video game/music (or whatnot), lol. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/16/07 at 12:59 pm

Vaccuming, both for the actual dust, and because plugging it in and stuff can be annoying. When I was younger, I dreaded when my mom had to do that just 'cause of the noise. I was like awww man, I can't hear the tv/video game/music (or whatnot), lol. ;D

I LOVE to vacuum! I love how nice the floor looks after I have vacuumed and mopped...so shiny and clean! :)

Written By: Jessica on 11/16/07 at 1:03 pm

I selected ALL OF THE ABOVE.   ;D

Me too. I hate to clean, but after it's done, I'm glad because the place looks better. Dishes aren't so bad because we have a dishwasher, but I still hate doing the ones that have to be hand washed. There isn't a lot of clutter, except in Jason's room, but he usually helps clean that up. I HATE HATE HATE sweeping/mopping because these floors attract EVERYTHING and it looks like I didn't even sweep.

Speaking of which, I'm supposed to be cleaning now, but I'm procrastinating. :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/16/07 at 1:04 pm

I selected ALL OF THE ABOVE.   ;D

ew ya..I forgot about the litter box...I hate it too! 8-P

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/16/07 at 1:21 pm

I LOVE to vacuum! I love how nice the floor looks after I have vacuumed and mopped...so shiny and clean! :)

Oh totally, that's the fun thing about cleaning, seeing your progress and finishing up! It feels like such an accomplishment too. Speaking of vaccuming, one thing I like are those little handheld sweepers the movie theatre ushers sometimes use. They're not as powerful but it's cool for picking up little things and is way quieter. ;)

Written By: statsqueen on 11/16/07 at 1:23 pm

I vote for all of the above.  I'll hire you, Erin!  (And you won't even have to wear a French maid outfit!)  ;)

I don't even know why I complain, our place isn't that big.  I guess it is just the thought that I have to do it.

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/16/07 at 1:31 pm

^ My first job after school was doing janitorial stuff when I was 15-16 in 1997, so I could clean your place too. :) Even though pieces of it were kinda gross, I actually got pretty used to it after awhile. What was especially fun were "simplified/speedy" things, like getting to use a sqeegie on the windows. That was so cool (it doesn't take much to amaze me, lol).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/07 at 1:34 pm

I voted All of the above. I have to do dishes, change the catboxes, laundry, & clean clutter (which I don't really do  :-[ ). Carlos does the cooking, takes care of the trash, takes care of the outside (lawn & snow), and we hire someone to do the rest.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/16/07 at 1:37 pm

Oh totally, that's the fun thing about cleaning, seeing your progress and finishing up! It feels like such an accomplishment too. Speaking of vaccuming, one thing I like are those little handheld sweepers the movie theatre ushers sometimes use. They're not as powerful but it's cool for picking up little things and is way quieter. ;)

ya, those push vacuums are not bad..but sometimes they don't pick up very well. I use a stick vacuum at home (I have one for upstairs and one for downstairs)..they are very lightweight.

I vote for all of the above.  I'll hire you, Erin!  (And you won't even have to wear a French maid outfit!)   ;)

Aww...cool. But...if you really want me to wear the French Maid outfit...hahahaaha...just messing with ya! ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/16/07 at 2:32 pm

I hate dusting and cleaning the bathrooms!  :P

Written By: ADH13 on 11/16/07 at 10:14 pm

Laundry (Meh.)

I don't mind laundry in general... but I do hate when I take a white load out of the dryer and have to sit there and match the socks. :P

Written By: snozberries on 11/17/07 at 1:17 am

I chose all of the above... I hired myself out as a maid exactly one time to earn extra cash... I decided I really sucked at it and never did it again  ;D

I am forever cleaning my apartment... okay I am forever talking about cleaning my apartment but I work for like 10 minutes and then take a two hour break. Plus  I tend to move stuff from one room to the next (I only have 2 rooms- 3 if you count the bathroom) so while one room looks clean the other one is full of the crap I took out of the first room  ;D.

I actually like doing laundry tho- I hate going to the laundry mat so when my land lord is away I do laundry at their place (next door its a perk of housesitting). and when  I go visit my mom in AZ I take 7 loads of laundry & get them done in the first day or two...I suspect the joy of dong laundry at home would probably wear off in the first month or so if I had hookups here tho...

Dear santa-
for christmas I want
A front load washer & dryer (on pedastals so I don't have to break my back bending over)
a dishwasher
a stove with an oven (cuz the two burner hotplate, microwave & convection oven just don't cut it anymore)
a laptop so I can stop looking like an idiot on these boards
and a house to put it all in  ;D

oh  and a better vacuum to get all the dog hair off the floor.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/17/07 at 2:58 am

I hate cleaning the aluminum pans underneath the stove top heat coils although they're not too expensive to replace if they get grungy.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020yirD5HYtIAEWajzbkF/SIG=123g1b9ki/EXP=1195376162/**http%3A//users.frii.com/dnorris/steam5/burn17.jpg

Written By: Howard on 11/17/07 at 6:46 am

Putting away the dishes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/07 at 11:03 am

I hate cleaning the aluminum pans underneath the stove top heat coils although they're not too expensive to replace if they get grungy.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020yirD5HYtIAEWajzbkF/SIG=123g1b9ki/EXP=1195376162/**http%3A//users.frii.com/dnorris/steam5/burn17.jpg

That is why you cover them with aluminum foil. When they get all gnarly and such, you just throw away the aluminum foil and then recover them.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/17/07 at 11:52 am

I don't mind laundry in general... but I do hate when I take a white load out of the dryer and have to sit there and match the socks. :P

I have 4 people to 'sort' for, so I totally know what you mean!  :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/17/07 at 1:06 pm

That is why you cover them with aluminum foil. When they get all gnarly and such, you just throw away the aluminum foil and then recover them.

Cat
this is like "helpful hints from Heloise"  I never thought of doing that. that's a great idea Cat. thanks for the tip  :)

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/17/07 at 4:13 pm

this is like "helpful hints from Heloise"  I never thought of doing that. that's a great idea Cat. thanks for the tip  :)

They also sell disposable burner covers...

http://www.wdrake.com/walterdrake/images/p108853.jpg

http://www.wdrake.com/walterdrake/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Kitchen&SCID=Stove+Repair+%26+Maintenance&ProductID=K14FB

Written By: snozberries on 11/17/07 at 6:24 pm

Same here.... that never occurred to me so thx

Quote from: Odyssey on November 16, 2007, 11:14:04 PM
I don't mind laundry in general... but I do hate when I take a white load out of the dryer and have to sit there and match the socks.

I hate sorting socks too...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/17/07 at 7:59 pm

They also sell disposable burner covers...

http://www.wdrake.com/walterdrake/images/p108853.jpg

http://www.wdrake.com/walterdrake/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Kitchen&SCID=Stove+Repair+%26+Maintenance&ProductID=K14FB
amazing  :o

Same here.... that never occurred to me so thx

this place is a wealth of information

Check for new replies or respond here...