inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: All you want for Christmas is...

Written By: sugar168 on 11/17/07 at 9:39 pm

What is that one gift you want...and what is one gift your going to be giving to some one special...hopefully this might help people with there shopping during this up coming season....I know i cant figure what to ask my mom and dad for...and my mom wants to be done shopping so i have 2 weeks to give her a list...i could use the help...

Subject: Re: All you want for Christmas is...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/17/07 at 10:11 pm

lol I'm in the same boat
The only thing I've bought is a sweater for my mom
I'd love to do more but have no idea what else to get anyone else
Probably just end up getting gift cards for them so they can just get what they want.

Written By: sugar168 on 11/17/07 at 10:33 pm

i get every one gift cards...i like that even if its not though full...they will pick something they love...my mom wants me to get pictures done for her...she hasn't had a new picture in a while...who knows...i have a few more gifts to purchase and they are all for boys-in my point the hard ones to shop for...and yes i have to get them gifts...

Written By: ADH13 on 11/17/07 at 10:38 pm

My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas... This is what I said.

I want one day where I get to be waited on hand and foot... where he will feed the dogs, bring me coffee from Starbucks, do the housework, cooking, etc. so I can watch TV all day or stay in bed or whatever I want to do.... just for one day. :D

Written By: statsqueen on 11/17/07 at 10:43 pm

I never know what to get anyone in my family as I'm not the creative type and the males in my family buy what they want when they think they need it, which leaves nothing to get them (that I can afford anyway) for Christmas.  I basically ask everyone what they want and sigh heavily when they say nothing.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 11/17/07 at 10:58 pm

I'm hitting radio shack for the $30 worth of iTunes gift cards for $25. I might even put some in my own stocking  ::)

Written By: sugar168 on 11/17/07 at 11:00 pm

My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas... This is what I said.

I want one day where I get to be waited on hand and foot... where he will feed the dogs, bring me coffee from Starbucks, do the housework, cooking, etc. so I can watch TV all day or stay in bed or whatever I want to do.... just for one day. :D

don't forget breakfast in bed and your foot rub...you will have to let us know if he give you this gift...

Written By: snozberries on 11/17/07 at 11:10 pm

don't forget breakfast in bed and your foot rub...you will have to let us know if he give you this gift...

pls get the foot rub after he cooks breakfast not before.. I mean what if he doesn't wash his hands  8-P

Written By: ADH13 on 11/17/07 at 11:45 pm

I certainly will!  He said "Ok" when i suggested it... so we shall see :)

Written By: Howard on 11/18/07 at 7:06 am

a full time job.

Written By: Jessica on 11/18/07 at 9:06 am

...my inlaws to stay in California. Please God, let them stay in California.

Written By: sugar168 on 11/18/07 at 7:50 pm

what are they trying to move in?!?!

Written By: Jessica on 11/18/07 at 7:54 pm

what are they trying to move in?!?!

They want to come for Christmas. :P

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/18/07 at 8:48 pm

A better paying, steady job, or at least another way I can make a couple thousand bucks. And a way to get across the country. Not necesarilly right now, but before the '10s start, which is just a little over two years away. :)

Written By: EyesWideAsleep on 11/18/07 at 9:20 pm

A cell phone.  :P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/18/07 at 9:41 pm

A HD DVD player.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/18/07 at 9:44 pm

A HD DVD player.

Do you have an HDTV?  Because if you don't, HD-DVD = useless.  But if you DO, Toshiba has cheapies now :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/18/07 at 9:46 pm

They want to come for Christmas. :P

Well see, my parents own the condo...actually, my brother does, but my parents footed the down payment and my father is the co-signer.  So they have every right (however unfortunate :( ) to come visit at whim.  Probably going to tell me how much I suck too.

Written By: Jessica on 11/18/07 at 9:47 pm

Well see, my parents own the condo...actually, my brother does, but my parents footed the down payment and my father is the co-signer.  So they have every right (however unfortunate :( ) to come visit at whim.  Probably going to tell me how much I suck too.

Oh look! Alcohol!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/18/07 at 9:48 pm

Oh look! Alcohol!

No drinking until they go away :( :( :\'(

Written By: Jessica on 11/18/07 at 9:49 pm

Can I breathe?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/18/07 at 9:50 pm

Can I breathe?

They will probably complain about that too :P

Written By: Jessica on 11/18/07 at 9:51 pm

They will probably complain about that too :P

We can only hope they decide to stay in California then. If they came during the holidays, I might have to conveniently break my leg or something and stay in hospital.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/18/07 at 9:52 pm

We can only hope they decide to stay in California then. If they came during the holidays, I might have to conveniently break my leg or something and stay in hospital.

Oh it won't be so bad, you might as well just do what we normally do and ignore each other :D :D

Written By: Jessica on 11/18/07 at 9:55 pm

Oh it won't be so bad, you might as well just do what we normally do and ignore each other :D :D

I'm sorry, I just don't think it's cool. This was supposed to be our first Christmas by ourselves since we couldn't make it to California. I daresay they don't really want to see us and just want to see what we did to their precious investment. ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/18/07 at 10:04 pm

I'm sorry, I just don't think it's cool. This was supposed to be our first Christmas by ourselves since we couldn't make it to California. I daresay they don't really want to see us and just want to see what we did to their precious investment. ::)

Probably.  Sigh.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/18/07 at 10:42 pm

^hey you two...ever think of coming to Pa for christmas? You could visit me!!! ;D :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/18/07 at 10:49 pm

^hey you two...ever think of coming to Pa for christmas? You could visit me!!! ;D :D

Sure.  Our friend lives in New York, and I have family in Toronto, so that's sorta on the way :) :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/18/07 at 10:51 pm

Sure.  Our friend lives in New York, and I have family in Toronto, so that's sorta on the way :) :)

Well...now that would be cool sometime!! Now..just as soon as we get this darn spare bedroom thing finished...then that would be possible! :)

Written By: Lady Beard on 11/19/07 at 12:43 am

A nice, new pair of slacks, is all!

Written By: Lady Beard on 11/19/07 at 12:47 am

And maybe some bait for fishing.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/19/07 at 12:49 am

hey!! It's Lady Beard!! WOOOT!! :D

Written By: Lady Beard on 11/19/07 at 12:50 am

hey!! It's Lady Beard!! WOOOT!! :D

It is I, back for another round..!

Written By: Henk on 11/19/07 at 1:40 am

Not much. Just an iPod.

Hey...could somebody out there mail me some money? 'Cuz I don't think I'm gonna get an iPod and I really really want one... (* rants on irrationally *)

* Sigh * Oh yes, those were the days. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/19/07 at 1:43 am

Not much. Just an iPod.

Hey...could somebody out there mail me some money? 'Cuz I don't think I'm gonna get an iPod and I really really want one... (* rants on irrationally *)

good one, Henk! ;)

Written By: Henk on 11/19/07 at 1:44 am

good one, Henk! ;)

I knew someone would remember.  ;) We still don't know if he actually got his iPod, do we? I don't think he's ever returned to the boards...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/19/07 at 1:45 am

I knew someone would remember.  ;) We still don't know if he actually got his iPod, do we? I don't think he's ever returned to the boards...

nope, he never did. Hopefully he was able to save enough money to buy one! LOL! ;D

Written By: sugar168 on 11/19/07 at 11:48 am

glad to see that there are other parents like mine!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/19/07 at 1:44 pm

Not much. Just an iPod.

Too funny. I'm sure there will be a lot people who will say, "Huh?" but those of us who know... ;)  It good to be on the inside of the joke.  ;D ;D ;D

Karma to you for making me laugh.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/19/07 at 3:23 pm

more new clothes.

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/07 at 11:03 pm

Not much. Just an iPod.

OMG that was like one of the first posts I ever read here... ya'll were soooo funny I stuck around to play with the cool kids!

Written By: Jessica on 11/19/07 at 11:17 pm

I got my wish. :D

*does happy dance*

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/07 at 11:21 pm

I got my wish. :D

*does happy dance*

So apparently the Secret does work... imagine it and it will happen  Ah the power of positive thinking!  Congrats to you & now you can truly have a merry holiday...unless-

They aren't sick enough to tell you they are doing one thing and then will show up on your doorstep to "surprise" you are they?  :-\\

Written By: Jessica on 11/19/07 at 11:23 pm

So apparently the Secret does work... imagine it and it will happen  Ah the power of positive thinking!  Congrats to you & now you can truly have a merry holiday...unless-

They aren't sick enough to tell you they are doing one thing and then will show up on your doorstep to "surprise" you are they?  :-\\

Nah, they're not impulsive like that. :D

So THAT'S what the secret is! I always see that book around and I was wondering what it was about!

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/07 at 11:57 pm

Nah, they're not impulsive like that. :D

So THAT'S what the secret is! I always see that book around and I was wondering what it was about!

I love Oprah... Dear Oprah can I have a house?

but the worst thing she did was promote the secret.... Its not that I don't believe in the power of positive thinking its just that all these people are now sitting around at home waiting for things to happen (what happened to working for it?)

Ugh-  plus they advertise in a way that's all about materialism and possessions... Oprah herself said she didn't start a school in the US because when she goes to high schools & asks american kids what they want its always iPods, laptops, cars and video games... go to Africa and all the kids want is education. then she goes and promotes a book about getting what you want especially the materialistic crap UGH!  >:(

Opposite of Cat I want
all the crazy, angry hateful and spiteful people wiped off the planet.
Not me tho b/c I am pleasant and will be even more pleasant once the idiots are gone...btw- everyone here is safe!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...