inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HawkTheSlayer has left the building

Written By: Red Ant on 11/18/07 at 10:53 pm

Earlier today, Wayne, a.k.a HawkThe Slayer, requested his account be deleted. After a few PMs to him, I've honored his request for deletion. He wanted me to express that "I appreciate everyone I have met out here" and to "Please pass on the message that I will miss everyone out here".

I wanted to let you all know now and up front that his deletion had nothing to do with anyone here nor any conduct issues (i.e., he was not banned). I hope Wayne pulls through the tough personal times he has right now and perhaps will post here again. I will miss him.  :\'(

Ant

Subject: Re: HawkTheSlayer has left the building

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/18/07 at 10:56 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cry(1).gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cry(1).gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cry(1).gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cry(1).gif

I am so incredibly upset right now!! Wayne..if you are reading this...you had better get your ass back here soon!!!!

Written By: whistledog on 11/18/07 at 10:57 pm

I will miss him :\'(

If you see this Wayne, I hope everything goes well for you and that one day you will return to this place

Written By: nally on 11/18/07 at 10:59 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cry(1).gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cry(1).gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cry(1).gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cry(1).gif

I am so incredibly upset right now!! Wayne..if you are reading this...you had better get your ass back here soon!!!!

I will miss him too! :\'( :\'( :\'(  He was a great guy and lots of fun to everyone here on the boards. Wayne, if you are reading this, I hope to see you back here at some point! :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 11/19/07 at 12:21 am

Oh, what a shame, Hawk was a nice and interesting member...i don't get why ppl would delete their accounts, they can just leave them til they return. They'd lose all those memories and all that 'Karamel sutra'... ???

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/19/07 at 12:26 am

That sucks, he is a great guy. But life comes before forums so, hopefully he will get through what ever it is he's going through with little stress.

Written By: Lady Beard on 11/19/07 at 12:28 am

This is a great loss. I will miss him very much.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/19/07 at 3:46 am

Ditto that for me too

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/07 at 3:50 am

We will miss you Wayne, take care in all you do.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/19/07 at 4:49 am

I will miss you Hawk, jeez, when you deleted your account you deleted us out of your lives.  I hope  everything sorts out for you  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 11/19/07 at 6:21 am

I will miss him,He was a great guy to have on the boards. :(

Written By: karen on 11/19/07 at 7:51 am

I'm sirry to see him go but he seems to have a lot going on in his life at the moment.  Perhaps he will come back when he has got everything sorted.

i don't get why ppl would delete their accounts, they can just leave them til they return.

I used to think that until I tried to take temporary leave from the boards when I was having problems.  If you post here every day it takes a very strong will not 'just check the boards'.  Some people clearly can do that but many others can't and probably find deleting their account easier so the 'temptation' is not there.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/19/07 at 8:02 am

I'm sirry to see him go but he seems to have a lot going on in his life at the moment.  Perhaps he will come back when he has got everything sorted.

I used to think that until I tried to take temporary leave from the boards when I was having problems.  If you post here every day it takes a very strong will not 'just check the boards'.  Some people clearly can do that but many others can't and probably find deleting their account easier so the 'temptation' is not there.

that's a very good point, Karen. And sometimes when you are dealing with different stuff at home...being on the boards all the time...isn't the best thing to do..I suppose.

Written By: ninny on 11/19/07 at 9:19 am

I really did not know him that well, but would have liked to have the opportunity.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/19/07 at 10:00 am

:oNO!!!!  My friend is gone.  Wayne come back soon.

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/19/07 at 10:40 am

Awwwww.

Take care!  :(

Written By: Davester on 11/19/07 at 11:10 am

Take care, Wayne...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/19/07 at 1:41 pm

Come back, Hawk, come back.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Gis on 11/19/07 at 2:15 pm

Bad, bad............. :(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/19/07 at 2:43 pm

Wayne, I hope you get your personal matters sorted and that you're able to come back here soon.  We'll miss you until then.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 11/19/07 at 3:01 pm

I hope he comes back when the time is right.  :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/19/07 at 6:18 pm

It's a sad thing seeing a Penguin going off on his own, all alone.  I hope he finds his way.
Take it easy Wayne & I hope to see you back in this flock again.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/19/07 at 6:36 pm

Earlier today, Wayne, a.k.a HawkThe Slayer, requested his account be deleted. After a few PMs to him, I've honored his request for deletion. He wanted me to express that "I appreciate everyone I have met out here" and to "Please pass on the message that I will miss everyone out here".

I wanted to let you all know now and up front that his deletion had nothing to do with anyone here nor any conduct issues (i.e., he was not banned). I hope Wayne pulls through the tough personal times he has right now and perhaps will post here again. I will miss him.  :\'(

Ant

I will too.

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/19/07 at 7:30 pm

Best wishes to you, Wayne. Please drop by for a visit when the time is right for you.  :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/07 at 8:36 pm

We've had some great exchanges. Thanks for the good times and good words. I hope it all works out you will be missed by me... :\'(

Written By: statsqueen on 11/19/07 at 9:51 pm

Wayne,

Wow, my friend.  I know you have some stuff going on and that it is eating at you, but I never thought you would take such a drastic step.  :-\\  I hope things work out for you and that you will join us again very soon.  I am so worried about you...especially now that none of us will be in contact with you.    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Please be safe and know that you have a LOT of friends here who care about you very much, including your friend in Michigan.

I hope that you fight the depression off and everything resolves--especially for the holidays.

Please come back to the flock soon and safe....

Your worried friend Amy

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/19/07 at 10:52 pm

We really miss you, Wayne.

Hopefully things turn out, ok.

Come back soon, Hawk.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/20/07 at 9:13 am

Hi Wayne. Well, I've only discovered within the last hour or less the stunning news. Being a moderator ... not to mention somebody who came across as so together / with humor ... I didn't see this coming ... although there was the odd sign prior in your posts that all was not 100%. I certainly hope nothing I said was misconstrued / taken in a way I never intended towards you.

Well, I sense you have a lot of ambition/ frustration in your life re your singing dream  (the 'big time' ) ... and maybe you felt posting here was diverting too much of your energy ... so, deletion would remove the temptation .... as Karen has suggested above.

I've been absent nearly a week now for that very reason .. not through any fall outs with anyone here ... and am only putting in a brief appearance now. Still have heaps to sort out in my own life ... and will have to start posting less. Being strong isn't easy .. since I do enjoy my time here generally ... but when it consumes to the point of an addiction ... and you're not doing this /that .... well .......

Incidentally, I thought you and Mike (Badfinger) were getting acquainted 'in person' sometime soon. I suspect that's no longer the case ?  ???  :(

Anyhow, I'll miss you too.

Goodbye, good luck, and we hope to see you back sometime.

Al.

Written By: Gis on 11/21/07 at 2:42 am

Just to let you all know I have heard from Hawk. He's ok, not great, but ok. He sends his best wishes to everyone and says he misses us all already!  ;D
He says he hopes he didn't 'anger anyone by killing my account' but he needed to do it. I have every hope he will be back one day and the sooner the better! 
Gis.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/21/07 at 7:00 am

Just to let you all know I have heard from Hawk. He's ok, not great, but ok. He sends his best wishes to everyone and says he misses us all already!  ;D
He says he hopes he didn't 'anger anyone by killing my account' but he needed to do it. I have every hope he will be back one day and the sooner the better! 

That's good to know.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/21/07 at 7:52 am

I also heard from him. He also states that if any of you would like to keep in touch with him....you can email him. If you are interested in his email address, PM me. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/21/07 at 11:09 am

I also heard from him. It was just a brief email. I really hope he decides to come back.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/07 at 1:12 pm

If he is in contact again please wish him well for me.

Written By: nally on 11/21/07 at 1:13 pm

If he is in contact again please wish him well for me.

Do the same for me too.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/07 at 1:17 pm

^and me  :)

Written By: ninny on 11/21/07 at 1:23 pm

Iam glad to hear he is OK

Written By: statsqueen on 11/21/07 at 1:46 pm

I'm glad he is still in touch and is doing ok.  I hope he comes back soon, though.

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/21/07 at 2:00 pm

Ah maybe he just got tired of some of us :D

Hope you're good,Wayne!

Written By: Marian on 11/21/07 at 3:39 pm

Ant

I just don't see any real need to deltete your account.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/07 at 4:09 pm

I just don't see any real need to deltete your account.

karen's right tho it's addicting. I have plenty to do today but so far this is all I have done. I've been on line for 6hrs now

Check for new replies or respond here...