inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Happened to EyesWideAsleep ?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/21/07 at 5:03 am

Wha happen? ???

Has he gone to the nether world of RnRF, DonnieDarko, and Andrew the Talking Walnut? ???

Subject: Re: What Happened to EyesWideAsleep ?

Written By: Howard on 11/21/07 at 6:42 am

He was here yesterday. ???

Written By: KKay on 11/21/07 at 7:02 am

we were posting together yesterday.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/21/07 at 7:57 am

Wha happen? ???

Has he gone to the nether world of RnRF, DonnieDarko, and Andrew the Talking Walnut? ???

he went there, because he's Donnie Darko...  back to the old decadology stuff yet again. we pretty much knew from the start, but I gave him a chance, and he naturally began to resort to all the old behaviors he got banned for in the first place.

Written By: karen on 11/21/07 at 7:59 am

he went there, because he's Donnie Darko...  back to the old decadology stuff yet again. we pretty much knew from the start, but I gave him a chance, and he naturally began to resort to all the old behaviors he got banned for in the first place.

I wondered if it was him.  But he had seemed o.k. this time  :-\\

Written By: Jessica on 11/21/07 at 10:01 am

Ha! I called it. I didn't ask about it though because he was posting okay threads. A little weird, but not the spam that he usually did. I must have missed the decadeology crap.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/21/07 at 10:58 am

Ha! I called it. I didn't ask about it though because he was posting okay threads. A little weird, but not the spam that he usually did. I must have missed the decadeology crap.

yeah, it only took him 24 hours to dig a couple up.

Written By: whistledog on 11/21/07 at 11:54 am

I wondered if it was him.  But he had seemed o.k. this time  :-\\

DD is never OK.  He was trying to make it appear that he was just some n00b, but he was too familiar with the boards for anyone to believe it.  I knew it right away when he started razzing woops about Debbie Gibson

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/07 at 12:19 pm

Well I admit I missed it....

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/21/07 at 2:03 pm

I was enjoying those threads. One has to admit he brings up some interesting stuff, even if it can go to the point of tedious. He came off more adult this time, as I suppose he is older now. Ahh, well. Bye Bye Donnie :0(

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/21/07 at 2:14 pm

Baby did a bad bad thing???

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/21/07 at 4:48 pm

XD I think we should allow him to be a member again for his persistence alone.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/07 at 5:38 pm

XD I think we should allow him to be a member again for his persistence alone.

Or not... looking at the most recent post

Now I see what I missed before...

For the record I like Whistledog... even if he is a little greedy with those hi scores...

Written By: Jessica on 11/21/07 at 5:44 pm

Or not... looking at the most recent post ( http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29670.msg1450626 )

For the record I like Whistledog... even if he is a little greedy with those hi scores...

That's essentially what did him in before. He has some personal vendetta against whistledog or something.

My best advice is to not respond to his latest tirade in the 2000s. Just hit the report to moderator function and it'll get deleted.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/21/07 at 6:53 pm

Or not... looking at the most recent post ( http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29670.msg1450626 )

Yeah, I saw that too.  He was trying to plead his case.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/21/07 at 7:09 pm

I always wondered why he makes so many threads in decadeology.... (Especially if they are clones of each other, like everyone says)  ???

(I just find it odd to make many of them on a frequent basis)

I have several topic ideas(although they're all different ideas).... But I make sure to spread out when I start them.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/07 at 8:06 pm

That's essentially what did him in before. He has some personal vendetta against whistledog or something.

My best advice is to not respond to his latest tirade in the 2000s. Just hit the report to moderator function and it'll get deleted.

yeah that's why I came here I didn't want to get in the middle of it all but I'll step up and defend my 'friends' when I have to... ;)

Written By: whistledog on 11/21/07 at 11:54 pm

In the day when he was a regular member, I was reporting his decadeology threads left and right.  He did so many of them so quickly, he pretty much owned the first like 3 pages of all the decades sections.  It was just too ridiculous

He hates me so bad that he actually left me several threatening messages on MySpace, and one night, he and Trimac20 (yes, I name names) sent some of their friends here to the boards, where they thrashed me in several threads, and left me harassing messages in my PMs.

I sure can make friends, can't I? ;D

Written By: Jessica on 11/21/07 at 11:59 pm

In the day when he was a regular member, I was reporting his decadeology threads left and right.  He did so many of them so quickly, he pretty much owned the first like 3 pages of all the decades sections.  It was just too ridiculous

He hates me so bad that he actually left me several threatening messages on MySpace, and one night, he and Trimac20 (yes, I name names) sent some of their friends here to the boards, where they thrashed me in several threads, and left me harassing messages in my PMs.

Hey, how come you're not on my Myspace? We need to remedy that!

Honestly, you should have reported his messages. Good times had by all. :D

Written By: Henk on 11/22/07 at 12:19 am

That's weird...I thought his ban (any ban) was/is a permanent one. Why let him post in the first place?  ??? I feel misled...

Written By: Trimac20 on 11/22/07 at 2:06 am

I'd sure like to see some evidence of that. I know one of his friends Alex said some crazy stuff about raiding the site, but it had nothing to do with me. I don't recall Darko sending you any threatening messages - just messages where he told you what he thought of you. In those he was honest and didn't make wild accusations (unless he's not telling me something, in which case I'd like to know what he send you). You know, I don't care what immature jokes you made about me and Darko, and I know how much you hate him, but I think petty message board squabbling is beneath all of us. I'm sure you'll be glad neither of us will be at the board much either. I don't have any hard feelings against you or anyone else. I just don't really care about it - I don't hold onto to grudges like a year after the thing has happened. If you want to, that's your business and it reflects on you.

I guess Darko couldn't control himself when it came to posting about decadeology...

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/22/07 at 7:12 am

??? What is decadeology ???

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/22/07 at 7:50 am

That's weird...I thought his ban (any ban) was/is a permanent one. Why let him post in the first place?  ??? I feel misled...

Until he starts in on the decadology crap, I can't be 100% certain it's him, even though we can all tell it looks like his posting style.  Once he does, we then re-enforce the ban. 

Since there are ways to get around a blocked IP address and a fake email, a ban will never be 100% effective.

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/07 at 10:00 am

a pointless discussion that goes nowhere

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/22/07 at 10:21 am

is a song by Debbie Gibson in 1988 more of a 1989 song or a 1987 song?  8-P

pointless discussions about whether something is like the rest of the stuff in the year it came out, or whether it was like a different year. 

Written By: Jessica on 11/22/07 at 10:25 am

is a song by Debbie Gibson in 1988 more of a 1989 song or a 1987 song?   8-P

pointless discussions about whether something is like the rest of the stuff in the year it came out, or whether it was like a different year. 

So are those smileys more like the Thanksgiving smileys of 2005 than of 2006?

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/22/07 at 10:41 am

So are those smileys more like the Thanksgiving smileys of 2005 than of 2006?

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;D

I think I need to smack you for that one

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/boxing.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/07 at 12:06 pm

Nice weather we are having, huh?

Cat

Written By: Henk on 11/22/07 at 12:12 pm

Until he starts in on the decadology crap, I can't be 100% certain it's him, even though we can all tell it looks like his posting style.  Once he does, we then re-enforce the ban. 

Since there are ways to get around a blocked IP address and a fake email, a ban will never be 100% effective.

I see...Makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for explaining. :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/07 at 3:36 pm

I do remember that... that was back when I was less active... I kept skipping those thinking I was the only one who didn't care about that crap.... had I been paying closer attention you guys would have been putting up with me for a lot longer than you have been.  ;D

Cat

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/22/07 at 3:57 pm

Oh, I see now.

Yeah... Decadeology is so 2006...

Written By: Step-chan on 11/22/07 at 5:21 pm

I'm pretty nonsensical, but it looks like DD beats me in that area.  :D

Written By: nally on 11/22/07 at 6:37 pm

Oh, I see now.

Yeah... Decadeology is so 2006...

Something that never interested me, mostly because it made absolutely no sense. ::)

At first I didn't think EWA was a former banned member, but after his account got deleted, I found out the truth.

Cat

Yeah, the weather's pretty nice over here. ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/22/07 at 6:54 pm

I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, and even when it did I was hoping this thread would roll down the board, but since it hasn't, for what it's worth...

For the record, when he was on I told him to cool it with the threads, but I guess he just got too into it lol (which I'm not necesarilly excusing). I also want to say, alot of times in the past, when the big debate would come up, people could rarely agree, and I'm sure when I posted alot of people probably thought oh god, there's Darko's buddy sticking up for him again, but to be as diplomatic as possible, I really can understand both points of view.

From my own experience knowing him for over a year as a friend (i.e. talking online and not just posting here), I can tell you he's a great guy and has alot of insightful and intelligent things to say. The problem with the latter is that (1) he sometimes does it in a very "scattershot" way, and started a new topic everytime he had a new thought. So I understand how it became annoying to alot of people. Even those who liked or participated in the types of thread he did were starting to get fed up with it. Also (2), he posts in a very "obvious" kind of way. I think he wants attention and to be noticed, which I don't mean in a negative respect, it's just the way he seems to be and he might not even realize that.

You should also know, that whenever I got ticked off with the people bashing him, it really was two-sided, because I would then turn around and feel equally annoyed with him for two reasons. #1 because he was trashing any credibility and responses his types of threads might have had by going overboard with it; and #2 that he was ruining his own credibility by annoying people, which kinda negated the good stuff about him they might've otherwise noticed.

I guess part of the reason I fought so much for people to see the good side of him is that alot of it personally hits home with me. I saw alot of myself in him, and almost viewed him as an unofficial younger cousin or something, just because we thought so much alike. We're both very old school/nostalgic and even were as far back as little kids, love '80s and '90s entertainment (especially music), have equally dumb/funny and serious/caring sides, are Liberal minded, and tend to be analytical about almost anything.

Even though decades and pop culture is just ONE of many things I'm interested in in a nitpicky way, I can still identify with how it feels to have people alienate you when you have a "geeky" interest in something (and lord knows, anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a huge geek! ;D). I suppose I wanted him around even more so I wouldn't feel alone, there were so many times, especially when I was younger, that I felt like I was constantly having to defend myself for being like that. Although he really is a good kid and very cool, even if he couldn't really control himself with topics and all.

So yeah, I won't argue with him being banned or the fact that he went overboard. But there's no reason to dislike him personally or discount his good things (i'm not saying anyone is, I'm just saying there's no reason to) - that's the distinction I've always tried to make.

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/07 at 7:57 pm

So yeah, I won't argue with him being banned or the fact that he went overboard. But there's no reason to dislike him personally or discount his good things (i'm not saying anyone is, I'm just saying there's no reason to) - that's the distinction I've always tried to make.

I see your point... I don't really have an opinion one way or the other but that last post (that was pulled off the board) was pretty bad (IMO)

I was probably pretty close to being banned awhile cuz I kept getting into with Itherhune but that lunatic kept egging me on....was she banned or did she give up and go away?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/22/07 at 7:59 pm

I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, and even when it did I was hoping this thread would roll down the board, but since it hasn't, for what it's worth...

For the record, when he was on I told him to cool it with the threads, but I guess he just got too into it lol (which I'm not necesarilly excusing). I also want to say, alot of times in the past, when the big debate would come up, people could rarely agree, and I'm sure when I posted alot of people probably thought oh god, there's Darko's buddy sticking up for him again, but to be as diplomatic as possible, I really can understand both points of view.

From my own experience knowing him for over a year as a friend (i.e. talking online and not just posting here), I can tell you he's a great guy and has alot of insightful and intelligent things to say. The problem with the latter is that (1) he sometimes does it in a very "scattershot" way, and started a new topic everytime he had a new thought. So I understand how it became annoying to alot of people. Even those who liked or participated in the types of thread he did were starting to get fed up with it. Also (2), he posts in a very "obvious" kind of way. I think he wants attention and to be noticed, which I don't mean in a negative respect, it's just the way he seems to be and he might not even realize that.

You should also know, that whenever I got ticked off with the people bashing him, it really was two-sided, because I would then turn around and feel equally annoyed with him for two reasons. #1 because he was trashing any credibility and responses his types of threads might have had by going overboard with it; and #2 that he was ruining his own credibility by annoying people, which kinda negated the good stuff about him they might've otherwise noticed.

I guess part of the reason I fought so much for people to see the good side of him is that alot of it personally hits home with me. I saw alot of myself in him, and almost viewed him as an unofficial younger cousin or something, just because we thought so much alike. We're both very old school/nostalgic and even were as far back as little kids, love '80s and '90s entertainment (especially music), have equally dumb/funny and serious/caring sides, are Liberal minded, and tend to be analytical about almost anything.

Even though decades and pop culture is just ONE of many things I'm interested in in a nitpicky way, I can still identify with how it feels to have people alienate you when you have a "geeky" interest in something (and lord knows, anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a huge geek! ;D). I suppose I wanted him around even more so I wouldn't feel alone, there were so many times, especially when I was younger, that I felt like I was constantly having to defend myself for being like that. Although he really is a good kid and very cool, even if he couldn't really control himself with topics and all.

I agree...and it's not just because I really like you either. ;)  Yes, his threads have annoyed me too...but I know how I feel sometimes when I get REALLY excited about something (you know that feeling, Jesse ;))...you just can't seem to get the words out fast enough. Maybe he just really felt that way about his postings. YES...they were annoying a lot of the time...but some of them were kind of cool too. It's a shame that the kid just didn't know how to tone it down...ya know? :-\\

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/22/07 at 8:26 pm

^ Totally agree hon. :)

He's like me but 5 times more excited sometimes, lol. I think especially at the time a couple years ago, he didn't really have anyone to talk to and was really excited, especially about anything detailed like that. He's one of the oldest of a few siblings and probably wanted friends to chill with and talk about this stuff to. So it was more the style not the substance that was the problem. I know I like attention and get into things to, so I understand, but I also know can see how it could've felt like it was crowding out other people at the same time. If it were my board I'd have let him done it all he wanted, but you have to think of everyone's feelings.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/22/07 at 8:49 pm

I've never had any problems with him, probably because I'm not in the decades section that much.(I go where the wind in my mind takes me)  :D ;D ;)

Although the ones that were displayed on here, I have found abit more nonsensical than what I have done...(although I have submitted song parodies that are about even in terms of being nonsense) :D

Written By: Jessica on 11/22/07 at 11:59 pm

Looks like runner69 is gone as well. I wonder what his dealio was.

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/07 at 12:09 am

What the hell, here goes nothing ...

The thing with this kid is that he doesn't know anything about the stuff he posts about in threads.  He just likes to start discussions that go nowhere because it irks other people, and if there are some who do not believe this, go and view some of his past topics and you will see

Anyone who starts a topic called What's the most Eighties city  is obviously not being serious, nor looking to get serious answers

I noticed that as well.  I too am curious

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/07 at 12:46 am

i read a few of his last posts they were definatly starting to push the limit... I thought about reporting but figured maybe he was having a bad day.... just because you disagree with someone's opinion is no reason to start taunting and name calling...it is after all... Their opinion. No facts just feeling. 

I like it better when we all get along... or at least agree to disagree.  ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/23/07 at 1:38 am

Ah man! I always miss the good stuff!  :-\\

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/23/07 at 2:17 am

XD My favorite was, "Is ice cream an '80s food?"

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/07 at 2:20 am

I remember once having a discussion with him on how difficult it is to create new threads, he said he struggled too.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/23/07 at 3:10 am

I remember once having a discussion with him on how difficult it is to create new threads, he said he struggled too.

:P With a reprotoire like his, he needn't have had to make any new ones.

Written By: Howard on 11/23/07 at 7:01 am

Yeah,Me Too. ???

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/23/07 at 8:48 am

i read a few of his last posts they were definatly starting to push the limit... I thought about reporting but figured maybe he was having a bad day.... just because you disagree with someone's opinion is no reason to start taunting and name calling...it is after all... Their opinion. No facts just feeling. 

I like it better when we all get along... or at least agree to disagree.  ;)

But a good fight spices things up...!

Written By: Trimac20 on 11/23/07 at 9:17 am

What Marty says is spot on, we should keep the personalisation to a minimum (for the few who do that sort of thing), the issue is Darko going overboard with Decadaology. Unlike Chucky I don't agree it was totally pointless - it had some merit, and I think his questions about the most eighties ice cream or city make sense in an abstract, philosophical way - indeed, they aren't outside the realm of pop culture. But when he posts 5 new topics a day in one board even I can't stand for that. I know him better than anyone else on the board, and he did really value being part of this community, and felt that certain members kind of took that away from him and rejected him. I personally don't know why Chucky did not start the dedicated 'Decadology' board as was suggested - I think it would be a great idea, actually, and I hope Marty will back me up on that. I myself don't have so much time to discuss it these days, but Darko's posting is not just senseless posting - anyone who's read them knows he has some interesting ideas and opinions, and we all know he's generated alot of discussion and interest in the past (you're forgetting he did start the Longest Thread Ever). But I'm not sticking up for him or anything, I was just thinking maybe there's a way around this. Of course the idea of a Decadeology forum is totally up to Chucky, but maybe we can get a show of hands of board members who support the proposition.

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/07 at 9:49 am

But is it more like the Ice Cream of 1981 or the Ice Cream of 1986, and if so, was it best ate at 12:45am or 6:01pm ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/07 at 9:50 am

But is it more like the Ice Cream of 1981 or the Ice Cream of 1986, and if so, was it best ate at 12:45am or 6:01pm ?
Depends on the flavour.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/23/07 at 2:25 pm

I think a better solution, John, would probably making a two thread a day limit or something.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/23/07 at 4:00 pm

What Marty says is spot on, we should keep the personalisation to a minimum (for the few who do that sort of thing), the issue is Darko going overboard with Decadaology. Unlike Chucky I don't agree it was totally pointless - it had some merit, and I think his questions about the most eighties ice cream or city make sense in an abstract, philosophical way - indeed, they aren't outside the realm of pop culture. But when he posts 5 new topics a day in one board even I can't stand for that. I know him better than anyone else on the board, and he did really value being part of this community, and felt that certain members kind of took that away from him and rejected him. I personally don't know why Chucky did not start the dedicated 'Decadology' board as was suggested - I think it would be a great idea, actually, and I hope Marty will back me up on that. I myself don't have so much time to discuss it these days, but Darko's posting is not just senseless posting - anyone who's read them knows he has some interesting ideas and opinions, and we all know he's generated alot of discussion and interest in the past (you're forgetting he did start the Longest Thread Ever). But I'm not sticking up for him or anything, I was just thinking maybe there's a way around this. Of course the idea of a Decadeology forum is totally up to Chucky, but maybe we can get a show of hands of board members who support the proposition.

I thought that was Full House Fan.... Or are they the same person?

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/23/07 at 4:05 pm

They are the same.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/07 at 4:09 pm

They are the same.
Were they?

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/23/07 at 4:14 pm

Were they?

They were! Well, not in spirit... but they were controlled by the same brain.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/23/07 at 4:14 pm

They are the same.

Thank You.(Applaud)

When I first came into the PPP, Full House Fan's account wasn't active. That's why I didn't know.

I did go into some of the decade sections and in the 80s there was a thread started by Full House Fan called "Was 1979(culturally and historically) like the 80s?"

So I believe you. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/07 at 4:15 pm

They were! Well, not in spirit... but they were controlled by the same brain.
Of all the time I have been here I never realised that.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/23/07 at 4:16 pm

Thank You.(Applaud)

When I first came into the PPP, Full House Fan's account wasn't active. That's why I didn't know.

I did go into some of the decade sections and in the 80s there was a thread started by Full House Fan called "Was 1979(culturally and historically) like the 80s?"

So I believe on you. ;)

Me, neither. XD I didn't know he was still using decadology back then, I just knew they were the same because he said so once.

Subject: Re: What Happened to EyesWideAsleep?

Written By: nally on 11/23/07 at 4:52 pm

They are the same.

Yes, he started out as FHF in early '05, changed his name to Devo Rule, then Darko last year.

Oh dear...looks like another one has bitten the dust...unless that was a ban too?

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/07 at 11:06 pm

I just deleted that topic :D
It was riddled with decadeology

Written By: Trimac20 on 11/23/07 at 11:37 pm

Of all the time I have been here I never realised that.

Lol Phil, too busy thinking of cities starting with 'X', eh?

Written By: nally on 11/23/07 at 11:40 pm

Oh good. Yes, that's right, you're the moderator of the 1980's section now. Did you wipe some of his other "decadaology" threads too?

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/07 at 11:44 pm

Oh good. Yes, that's right, you're the moderator of the 1980's section now. Did you wipe some of his other "decadaology" threads too?

Only ones that get bumped.  Originally I thought about locking them, but decadeology is so dumb and pointless, it's poison for the eyes LOL

Written By: nally on 11/23/07 at 11:47 pm

Only ones that get bumped.  Originally I thought about locking them, but decadeology is so dumb and pointless, it's poison for the eyes LOL

Too bad you're not a moderator for the other decade forums; I think some of the ones in the 1990's and 2000's may have gotten bumped too. You're right; it is poison for the eyes ;D LOL

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/07 at 2:05 am

Lol Phil, too busy thinking of cities starting with 'X', eh?

Possibly.

Written By: Red Ant on 11/24/07 at 2:12 am

His account was deleted at his request. He was not banned.

Ant

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/24/07 at 2:15 am

I agree with Trimac pretty much. As was said before, sometimes the nitpicking got too pervasive and too much at once (that I believe is what caused people's dissention with his threads over time. Even though I like those, I can understand their reasoning for it too), but it doesn't mean there was no merit in there. Most of his individual thoughts probably didn't need their own topic, but that's not a slam against him personally. Even if he got carried away sometimes, he's a great guy and very intelligent. He's probably 10 times smarter than alot of "typical teenagers" and much more of a deep thinker.

As far as old topics, can I ask that we at least leave the old ones alone as long as they don't get bumped? Maybe locking them is the best idea, just to make sure no one will. They ARE a part of the board's history. I like reading through them sometimes. No disrespect intended, but that's at least more insighful than chart positions or what song you're listening to at the moment.

P.S. I think Chuck has said no to the "pure decadeology" board, just because it got so abused in the past.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/24/07 at 7:50 am

I'd say locking the old threads is probably fine, not really necessary to remove them all.

Due the potential abuse, I pretty much nixed the whole decadology thing completely.

Written By: Trimac20 on 11/24/07 at 7:54 am

I'd say locking the old threads is probably fine, not really necessary to remove them all.

Due the potential abuse, I pretty much nixed the whole decadology thing completely.

Hmmm what potential abuse, i'm wondering? That would differ from abuse in any other boards? But anyway I'm not questioning that decision, I don't even participate in it myself (or rarely), it was more for Darko's and other decadologists's sake.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/24/07 at 9:03 am

Hmmm what potential abuse, i'm wondering? That would differ from abuse in any other boards? But anyway I'm not questioning that decision, I don't even participate in it myself (or rarely), it was more for Darko's and other decadologists's sake.

I think it may entail somebody thinking it's alright to start five threads in a row.

Written By: Jessica on 11/24/07 at 9:42 am

Ant

Ah, okay. :)

I think it may entail somebody thinking it's alright to start five threads in a row.

Perhaps. I wonder if it would have cut down on the bajillion started on every other board.

Probably not. :P

Written By: Step-chan on 11/24/07 at 3:10 pm

Heck, the title itself says it is.  :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/24/07 at 9:17 pm

the potential abuse of one particular individual thinking, well it's ok here, maybe I should start twenty more similar threads or maybe branch out into some other pointless topic I can start twenty threads on.

I doubt anyone else would ever cause any abuse on the subject.  It's just one person with severe OCD, if he exhibits this behavior in real life, he should consult a doctor.

Written By: nally on 11/24/07 at 9:42 pm

Ant

Well okay. ;) I wasn't sure

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/24/07 at 10:12 pm

not to beat a dead horse...and I never thought that I would end up defending DD so much in my life....BUT....I was thinking...at the very least..his threads made you think, even if you didn't agree with them, or even if they were not something that you were interested in....UNLIKE the gazillion other threads that keep popping up on the board daily, that don't even have THAT purpose. I mean...honestly, just how many more, "I have to puke", "I have to pee" threads do we really need either? ::)

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/24/07 at 10:23 pm

not to beat a dead horse...and I never thought that I would end up defending DD so much in my life....BUT....I was thinking...at the very least..his threads made you think, even if you didn't agree with them, or even if they were not something that you were interested in....UNLIKE the gazillion other threads that keep popping up on the board daily, that don't even have THAT purpose. I mean...honestly, just how many more, "I have to puke", "I have to pee" threads do we really need either? ::)

I agree hon - on both points. Those "gotta piss" threads might've been funny once or twice, but they don't really add much to the board and pushes out alot of the better threads.

Yeah, like we've said about Donnie, maybe it would've been better if he didn't make so many threads, but that attention to detail and analyzation was what always drew me into them and kinda why I became friends with him initially back in the day. I always liked his insight.

Written By: nally on 11/24/07 at 10:26 pm

I agree hon - on both points. Those "gotta piss" threads might've been funny once or twice, but they don't really add much to the board and pushes out alot of the better threads.

I never cared for those threads either. For a split second, however, when I first saw those thread titles, they sorta made me giggle (the titles, that is), but I chose not to read the threads, due to lack of interest.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/24/07 at 10:36 pm

To be on the defense for a change: some of his threads weren't too bad. Although posting several new threads a day is a bit much, and I never liked or understood the decadology threads. A good portion of his threads were actually pretty decent.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/24/07 at 10:39 pm

And what IS up with the I gotta pee/poop/fart/puke/burp/etc threads. Talk about Too Much Information!  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 11/24/07 at 11:08 pm

It wasn't the quality of the threads, but the quantity of the threads.  I know a few members actually left (their names escape me at the moment) because of his postwhoring, which makes me wonder how many potential n00bs we lost.  Someone who surfed in here thinking about joining might've concluded that if one member can own a whole page of topics all about the same thing, most of which have zero or few replies, maybe not many people come here on a regular basis?

Donnie doesn't just damage himself, but all of us, and this messageboard as a whole.  I will admit that he sometimes did start a good thread or two, but on the whole, he just went overboard with the stupid ones that either made no sense, or led to discussions that made no sense

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/24/07 at 11:17 pm

It wasn't the quality of the threads, but the quantity of the threads.  I know a few members actually left (their names escape me at the moment) because of his postwhoring, which makes me wonder how many potential n00bs we lost.  Someone who surfed in here thinking about joining might've concluded that if one member can own a whole page of topics all about the same thing, most of which have zero or few replies, maybe not many people come here on a regular basis?

Donnie doesn't just damage himself, but all of us, and this messageboard as a whole.  I will admit that he sometimes did start a good thread or two, but on the whole, he just went overboard with the stupid ones that either made no sense, or led to discussions that made no sense

oh believe me..I'm not denying that his multiple threads a day were VERY annoying, to say the least. All I am saying is that there are a TON of really really pointless threads that get created on a daily basis....you have to agree with that one. ;)

Written By: Brian06 on 11/25/07 at 12:51 am

And what IS up with the I gotta pee/poop/fart/puke/burp/etc threads. Talk about Too Much Information!  ::)

Never understood these threads.  ::)

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/25/07 at 5:01 am

Before I go to bed, since this is still going on, I think ANY threads that are really pervasive could potentially get annoying and might take away some of their legitimacy, so I can understand that side of it without using it as a slam against Donnie personally. I like him although I know alot of people do not, so I realize I'm outnumbered on that one.

Let me make a point, though - there's a clear difference between "pure decadeology" (i.e. "is 1991 more like 1995 or 1985?" - which isn't really much to build a topic off of), and things that actually analyze something in pop culture. Even if I participated in both sometimes, it was always the latter that I gravitated towards. I hate when those get discounted and lumped in together with the former kind of topics, just because they might have some decadeology snippets in there...although it's not the main focus of them.

I'm talking about stuff like the political feel of a time, people's mindset changing, why an artist/style of music became less popular in the mainstream, or the shift from a suburban to a more urbanized culture. There's books, magazines and other publications which discuss things like this.

I really get upset when people slam intelligence or looking into details...just because it's not something you would do yourself or it isn't something you have an interest in, let other people enjoy it without ridicule.

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/07 at 10:19 am

Before I go to bed, since this is still going on, I think ANY threads that are really pervasive could potentially get annoying and might take away some of their legitimacy, so I can understand that side of it without using it as a slam against Donnie personally. I like him although I know alot of people do not, so I realize I'm outnumbered on that one.

Let me make a point, though - there's a clear difference between "pure decadeology" (i.e. "is 1991 more like 1995 or 1985?" - which isn't really much to build a topic off of), and things that actually analyze something in pop culture. Even if I participated in both sometimes, it was always the latter that I gravitated towards. I hate when those get discounted and lumped in together with the former kind of topics, just because they might have some decadeology snippets in there...although it's not the main focus of them.

I'm talking about stuff like the political feel of a time, people's mindset changing, why an artist/style of music became less popular in the mainstream, or the shift from a suburban to a more urbanized culture. There's books, magazines and other publications which discuss things like this.

I really get upset when people slam intelligence or looking into details...just because it's not something you would do yourself or it isn't something you have an interest in, let other people enjoy it without ridicule.

Well said... and I agree with the part I bolded....

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Itherune... just curious

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/07 at 10:23 am

soooo? Is this the good kind of decadology or the other kind? Sometimes I have trouble telling them apart cuz they all kinds sound the same to me........            http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29719.msg1454168

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/07 at 10:24 am

soooo? Is this the good kind of decadology or the other kind? Sometimes I have trouble telling them apart cuz they all kinds sound the same to me........             http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29719.msg1454168
Yes that is the kind of.

Written By: Jessica on 11/25/07 at 10:41 am

Somehow I don't think Donnie Darko or his cronies have left yet. I've seen a few topics by new members pop up (like the puking thread) in places where most new members wouldn't feel comfortable for awhile. So I'm thinking he sic'ced his friends on the board again.

As for Donnie himself...well, he's banned, he'll stay banned, and I don't see why everyone is getting their panties in a twist over him.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/25/07 at 12:39 pm

Could it be that Donnie is back? ???  In just saw a couple of threads at the 2000's board that seem to be decadeology.

As an aside, the "I gotta puke" thread was deleted yesterday...  I can't say that I understood what that thread was all about.

Written By: karen on 11/25/07 at 12:41 pm

She was banned I think

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/07 at 12:54 pm

She was banned I think

YAY!

Written By: Jessica on 11/25/07 at 1:29 pm

Could it be that Donnie is back? ???  In just saw a couple of threads at the 2000's board that seem to be decadeology.

As an aside, the "I gotta puke" thread was deleted yesterday...  I can't say that I understood what that thread was all about.

I seriously think he has a hand in some of these new threads and new members. He's pretty persistent.

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/07 at 1:32 pm

I seriously think he has a hand in some of these new threads and new members. He's pretty persistent.

I think you're right...

Written By: Step-chan on 11/25/07 at 5:36 pm

It could be that he is.... I took a look at two threads(one the was posted on this thread as well as going to 2000s to check).

New member, very few posts. Bartzman is the name, I think.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/25/07 at 5:58 pm

Well said... and I agree with the part I bolded....

Lterhune (she told me it was short for later honey) was indeed banned.  She was ridiculing Maxwell Smart and I beyond belief.

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/07 at 6:40 pm

Lterhune (she told me it was short for later honey) was indeed banned.  She was ridiculing Maxwell Smart and I beyond belief.

If that was re... the whole bible/fairy tale thing...yeah I was in the middle of that too glad to see we all survived the encounter unscathed.  ;)

Thanks for the clarification on the name I never could figure out the origin.

Written By: karen on 11/25/07 at 8:35 pm

Lterhune (she told me it was short for later honey) was indeed banned.

Odd? She uses the name linda terhune as her parody artist name.  http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/lindaterhune.shtml

Written By: Red Ant on 11/25/07 at 8:39 pm

Odd? She uses the name linda terhune as her parody artist name.  http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/lindaterhune.shtml

I never caught the "later hunny" play on her username.

She's still writing and, well, she's still Linda.  :P

Ant

Written By: Jessica on 11/25/07 at 8:54 pm

Ant

That's because you're a useless Liberal. :D

Written By: Red Ant on 11/25/07 at 11:01 pm

That's Mr. Useless Demoncrap (MUD) to you.  ;D

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/07 at 12:03 am

That's Mr. Useless Demoncrap (MUD) to you.  ;D

Ant

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/26/07 at 7:25 am

That's what I want to know. ::)

Written By: nally on 11/26/07 at 10:20 am

She was banned I think

Yes, she was, but her account wasn't deleted.

Written By: nally on 11/26/07 at 10:24 am

It could be that he is.... I took a look at two threads(one the was posted on this thread as well as going to 2000s to check).

New member, very few posts. Bartzman is the name, I think.

Yep, I just looked over there and saw two threads started by this person. But it could be someone else.

Written By: Jessica on 11/26/07 at 10:29 am

That's Mr. Useless Demoncrap (MUD) to you.   ;D

Ant

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/07 at 11:27 am

Hey! I resemble that remark! 

;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/26/07 at 4:06 pm

He first name was Linda but she didn't want anyone to know her last name.  He user name was a really cool catch all.  I wish I have kept my PMs from my spaceace account I had quite a few from her.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/26/07 at 4:10 pm

Ant

I think I learn how to write parodies with a bit of a liberal lean.
http://iconhell.com/i/iconhell_surrealthoughtz_mwahahaa.gif

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/27/07 at 4:23 pm

Why must certain members post a new thread every time they feel like saying something, or have a question?

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/27/07 at 4:26 pm

Why must certain members post a new thread every time they feel like saying something, or have a question?

You should start a poll asking that.

Written By: Jessica on 11/27/07 at 4:28 pm

I think that was more of a 1989 question and not a 2007 question.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/27/07 at 4:31 pm

And bumping up old threads from 2004 such as "Creed Disbands!"  8-P

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/27/07 at 4:36 pm

... Did they really? I'd jump for joy right now, but I'd feel outdated.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/27/07 at 4:37 pm

He liked to hog the forum .... and was a fan of Creed (?). Maybe he realised .... 'Creed is good' !  ???  :P

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/27/07 at 4:41 pm

He liked to hog the forum .... and was a fan of Creed (?). Maybe he realised .... 'Creed is good' !   ???   :P

Nobody ever realizes Creed is good.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/27/07 at 4:57 pm

Nobody ever realizes Creed is good.

???
Not even 'Creed's'  mothers ?  :( :\'(  Not even Creed's grammies (oops, I meant ? grannies ? ).  :P  :-\\  :\'( :\'(

Hey Meat !   >:(

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Profiles/20061020/285.michael.george.102006.jpg
I reckon 'Creed is good !'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/images/artists/gmichael/gm_gallery4.jpg
'cos ... I gotta have FAITH !    :P  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/27/07 at 7:20 pm

Wow, I've gotta say... George Michaels just got a lot less hot.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/27/07 at 7:33 pm

??? ::) ??? :-\\

Hmm.

YES !

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Profiles/20061020/285.michael.george.102006.jpg  http://bestanimations.com/HomeOffice/Fans/Fan-06.-june.gif

He nicked one of my fans, so he too could be 'cool' !  :P  8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/07 at 8:18 pm

I'm guessing you mean dushanbe?  Its seems to be getting out of hand a little I think

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/27/07 at 8:29 pm

??? ::) ??? :-\\

Hmm.

YES !

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Profiles/20061020/285.michael.george.102006.jpg   http://bestanimations.com/HomeOffice/Fans/Fan-06.-june.gif

He nicked one of my fans, so he too could be 'cool' !  :P  8)

Jesus, that took a while for me to get. XD

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/27/07 at 10:06 pm

I'm just popping in to say this will be the last thread about where a member has "gone".

It used to be SOP not to allow these threads, and I apologize for letting this one go on as long as I did.  Clearly discussing the individual who was banned (and should by now be used to it) just emboldens them further to keep coming back and creating nonsense threads to pump their own ego or sense of persecution.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/27/07 at 10:52 pm

I'm just popping in to say this will be the last thread about where a member has "gone".

It used to be SOP not to allow these threads, and I apologize for letting this one go on as long as I did.  Clearly discussing the individual who was banned (and should by now be used to it) just emboldens them further to keep coming back and creating nonsense threads to pump their own ego or sense of persecution.

I feel stupid for not knowing this, but...

What's SOP stand for?

Written By: Red Ant on 11/27/07 at 10:52 pm

I feel stupid for not knowing this, but...

What's SOP stand for?

Standard Operating Procedure, I believe.

Ant

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/27/07 at 10:54 pm

Standard Operating Procedure, I believe.

Ant

Ahhh, thanks. You responded to that quickly, despite your saying you can't type so.

Congratulations, you're making progress!

Written By: Red Ant on 11/27/07 at 11:53 pm

Ahhh, thanks. You responded to that quickly, despite your saying you can't type so.

Congratulations, you're making progress!

Thank you. I have my moments.

SOP is also Standard Operating Practice, but it means the same.

Ant

Written By: Howard on 11/28/07 at 6:59 am

and a little more GAY! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...