inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Techno Question about DSL

Written By: danootaandme on 11/30/07 at 9:00 am

I have Verizon DSL and plug into a phone jack.  I have only 2 phone jacks in the house, both work fine when a telephone is plugged in and when I had dial up, but now only one works for the DSL.  What is that all about?

Subject: Re: Techno Question about DSL

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/30/07 at 12:20 pm

did they give you filters? With DSL I think you're supposed to have a filter that plugs into your phone.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/30/07 at 1:11 pm

did they give you filters? With DSL I think you're supposed to have a filter that plugs into your phone.

yes..that is correct. We got them with our DSL package.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/30/07 at 1:35 pm

This is only to plug into to the line that your phone is connected so you don't hear interference (possibly caused by the DSL internet) on your voice line. You do not plug them into the the jack the modem is connected to, maybe that's her problem?

Written By: danootaandme on 11/30/07 at 6:02 pm

This is only to plug into to the line that your phone is connected so you don't hear interference (possibly caused by the DSL internet) on your voice line. You do not plug them into the the jack the modem is connected to, maybe that's her problem?

No, the connections are fine.  You use the filters on lines other than the one the DSL is hooked up to. In my case the only thing plugged in at any time is the DSL, but for some reason it only works from one jack.  The first time it happened I called tech support and they said to switch jacks, when it worked I asked why and they didn't give any answer. 

Check for new replies or respond here...