inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Interesting Attractions/Strange Crushes

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/10/07 at 1:04 am

Ever have a crush or attraction to someone in a sort of unusual circumstance?

I've had a few... there was the guy who worked at the drive thru window at Weinerschinstzel (sp?) who I found strangely attractive. I believe he was Middle Eastern, but he looked like Andy Garcia. Let's say, I didn't mind him giving me his hot dog  ;D

I also had a crush on a guy in college in which he was totally not my type (wore leather jacket, cut up jeans, looked a bit like a punk - but his face was really cute!) I got to show him how to take a blood pressure, but he doesn't realize he got my pulse up!  ;D

Subject: Re: Interesting Attractions/Strange Crushes

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/07 at 1:27 am

hahah...great topic, Krissy! :)

Yes...I've had many crushes that were not very typical.

I had/have this major crush on one of my dad's friends/coworker.  My sister Brandy and I have had a crush on him since we were VERY young. We used to make a pact with one another, and say, "We swear to love Glen for the rest of our lives".....heheheehe..and to this day, I still have a somewhat crush on him.  It's funny because he works with my dad still, and my husband..and he will always say to him, "how's my girl...you better be treating her right"...pffft..if he only knew. ::)

Then....there was this girl who used to work at this restaurant. She was a lesbian and was a butch...but in such a way that she looked like a totally HOT guy.  I am not gay or anything....but I would purposely go to this restaurant just to see her...because I thought she was so "guy" attractive. LOL! :P

Then there was my crush on Mr. Bean..... ;D :D

Written By: whistledog on 12/10/07 at 2:13 am

This one might seem a little strange/creepy ...

I used to have a crush on Blaze Fielding from the game 'Streets of Rage'.  Just the idea of a hot babe in tight clothes that went around kicking bad guys asses was super hot.  If they ever make a movie version of Streets of Rage (which is highly unlikely) they'd better get someone good to play her ...

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/802/blazesor26mi.gif http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5631/blazesw3.gif

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8913/sor35us6.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/07 at 2:17 am

I used to have a crush on Blaze Fielding from the game 'Streets of Rage'.  Just the idea of a hot babe in tight clothes that went around kicking bad guys asses was super hot.  If they ever make a movie version of Streets of Rage (which is highly unlikely) they'd better get someone good to play her ...

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/802/blazesor26mi.gif http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5631/blazesw3.gif

not strange...I used to have a crush on Link...from Zelda. ahahahaha :D ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/10/07 at 4:06 am

There's tons I could think of (both celebs and in real life), but some might be more unusual than others. For instance, I'm sure Jenna Von Oy (Six from Blossom) and Paula Abdul would be totally normal. ;)

However, there's some that might not be typical, like Annie Potts, she played the secretary Janeane in both Ghostbusters movies. I didn't see them until 1992 or '93ish and I thought she was really cute then.

In real life...too many examples, but I'll get back to this.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/10/07 at 4:12 am

I had/have this major crush on one of my dad's friends/coworker.  My sister Brandy and I have had a crush on him since we were VERY young. We used to make a pact with one another, and say, "We swear to love Glen for the rest of our lives".....heheheehe..and to this day, I still have a somewhat crush on him.  It's funny because he works with my dad still, and my husband..and he will always say to him, "how's my girl...you better be treating her right"...pffft..if he only knew. ::)

Then....there was this girl who used to work at this restaurant. She was a lesbian and was a butch...but in such a way that she looked like a totally HOT guy.  I am not gay or anything....but I would purposely go to this restaurant just to see her...because I thought she was so "guy" attractive. LOL! :P

You know, I wish I could change that hon. So much. A guy SHOULD be like that with you. You're so sweet and you deserve it. ;)

Oh yeah, I always liked alot of my mom's friends or co-workers. Despite still being youngish and youthful for her age, she always tended to have friends that were a little younger. So alot of them were only like twentysomethings. I remember this one whom worked in her office around 1990, I'd always get nervous when I knew she was coming over to our house, just because I thought she was cute.

With babysitters it was worse. I really could kick myself over this by now, but lots of times I'd sort of retreat to my room out of shyness when alot of them were over. It's not like I didn't talk with them, but it usually took alot of persistance on their part. ;) It was worse when they were only a few years older than me. Like when I was 10, I might've thought a 30 year old younger woman was cute, but I could usually still talk to her. If it was a 14 year old though, forget it! Combine the crush with feeling a little intimidated since I was trying to be cool to someone only one peer group over me. ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/10/07 at 11:19 am

That's so cute about you and Brandy making that pact about Glen! I'm sure if Glen knew what has gone on, he'd be totally crushed  :( But, you'll always be his "girl", and he'll look out for you :)

I understand about those strange attractions to the same sex. I mean, I have no such feelings for the same sex, but sometimes you just feel a connection to certain people - no matter if they're male or female.

On another note, I will admit that I also had a crush on a few of my Dad's co-workers. Some of them were pretty cute doctors.

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/10/07 at 12:46 pm

I'll admit it...my OB/GYN.  ;D

He's a well dressed, nice looking man and he always grabbed my hand when he saw me and asked me how I was feeling PLUS told me it was OK to gain some weight.  ;D

I was actually sad after having my children that I would get to see him on a monthly/weekly basis any more.  It was like we were breaking up.  :\'( ;D

Written By: Jessica on 12/10/07 at 1:27 pm

Rice_Cube. That's as strange as it gets. ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 12/10/07 at 1:31 pm

I saw James Shigeta in Flower Drum Song and have been in love with hime ever since.

http://www.nancy-kwan.com/james_shigeta.jpg

Written By: Step-chan on 12/10/07 at 1:53 pm

Considering what I save, that's pretty tame. Nothing unusual about it.

I'm trying to remember what type of crushes I've had. I'll come back to this.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/10/07 at 6:58 pm

For the record, I'm not sure how strange this would be, but there was another young woman named Laurie at my mom's office around 1989/'90 that I really liked (she was about 28 then).Talking to her was relatively easy, since she was nice and tended to make you feel comfortable by engaging you and doing alot of the talking. From the bits I remember, she even liked some video games and stuff like that. Whenever I had stuff in common with anyone, I usually eased up, even if they were cute...and she really was. ;) In fact, I remember once when a few of us went out for pizza, she was telling me how she liked to make mixtapes from the radio (everyone did that back then, but still). I just thought to myself whoa hey, this is cool.

That was an exception though, because usually I was too shy to make the effort first. Heck, oftentimes I still am to this day, lol.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/07 at 10:54 pm

I'll admit it...my OB/GYN.   ;D

He's a well dressed, nice looking man and he always grabbed my hand when he saw me and asked me how I was feeling PLUS told me it was OK to gain some weight.   ;D

I was actually sad after having my children that I would get to see him on a monthly/weekly basis any more.  It was like we were breaking up.   :\'( ;D

hahaha..that's too funny!  I am glad that my Gyn is a woman...I just don't know if I would feel comfortable with a man (stranger)...down there....um..ya. ;D

Written By: audkal on 12/11/07 at 11:23 am

LOL, I also had a bit of a crush on one of my dad's coworkers when I was like 3 (he was probably like 30).  My dad invited him over for his birthday....somehow I got him to read one of my baby books called "Opposites" to me, lol.  He had me sit on his lap, and gladly read it to me.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...