inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It is time for me to do the happy dance... yes, I think so

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/11/07 at 3:24 pm

Last Tuesday the application the instructors use here at work broke to a point where it didn't work at all. As the sole engineer at our location and the only one with experience writing stuff to interface it I had to fix the problem.  The company we bought it from, ceased to support it for all intents and purposes, and the source code is not available to troubleshoot it.  It took a week of reverse engineering their database structure (a task I've done before, but not the particular tables needed this time around), but I finally figured out the exact solution to the problem and got it fixed about an hour ago.

I'm so relieved right now... nice to know I don't have to hear "when do you think you'll get it working" from every team member now.  Nice to know that the replacement I was trying to locate before this broke again, will be made a higher priority.  Nice to know the database backups haven't worked in over a year  >:( which had they been working, would have fixed this problem in about 30 minutes instead of 40+ hours.

Time to go home and zone out for a few hours.  Tomorrow I get to start working on the project I was supposed to start last Tuesday.

Subject: Re: It is time for me to do the happy dance... yes, I think so

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/11/07 at 3:26 pm

http://www.comics.com/comics/dilbert/archive/images/dilbert200712087309.jpg

Thought it might be appropriate :)

Subject: Re: It is time for me to do the happy dance... yes, I think so

Written By: Step-chan on 12/11/07 at 4:02 pm

http://www.comics.com/comics/dilbert/archive/images/dilbert200712087309.jpg

Thought it might be appropriate :)

This reminds me of where I work, but only the mis-management part... I currently work in retail.

Check for new replies or respond here...